Page 692 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 ... LastLast
Results 17,276 to 17,300 of 41810
    Quote Originally Posted by Bozo T. Clown View Post
    I have seen the light. I believe in mRNA vaccines and therapeutics.
    Anyway, the sales pitch is hella compelling.

https://www.modernatx.com/sites/defa...50317_v8_4.pdf

https://horizon-magazine.eu/article/...-vaccines.html

It's mRNA synthesis (or playing god from the ground up) + some biochemical engineering. No coronaviruses. No cell cultures to make viral vectors. Or even protein subunits. No muss, no fuss.

1. A computer has the genetic code for the mRNA that you want to make, and mixes some chemicals. For the coronavirus pandemic, the code to make the SARS-CoV2 spike protein. Clean up and out comes the purified mRNA.

2. Stick the mRNA into lipid nanoparticles. Fatty spheres, about the diameter of one wavelength of visible light. The lipid nanoparticles transport the mRNA into cells. Where it works with the cells ribosomes to synthesize proteins. Unlike DNA, it doesn't have to get into cells' nuclei.

Not as effective as a chimpanzee adenovirus at getting into cells, but safer.
    Doesn't cost billions for industrial scale biotech breweries.
    If the virus mutates, punch in the code for the mutation

Videos that go into detail.
    With a little biotech trash talking about who's going to save the world.
    Recombinant is old school. It's mRNA vs. self amplifying mRNA.

Sponsor Introduction: Clem Lewin, Ph.D., associate vice president of R&D strategy for vaccines, Sanofi
    Tal Zaks, chief medical officer, Moderna
    Matthew Herper, senior writer, medicine, and editorial director of events, STATCombating Covid-19: Part 3 - Vaccines — can they come soon enough?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...ture=emb_title

Reasonable about vaccines having to be proven to work.
    Science fiction about hospitals having the equipment to manufacture mRNA vaccines, "We're just emailing an electronic sequence now, of the key antigen."
    "But there's no mistaking that a self amplifying RNA has both an antibody and a T cell response. And this might be important for a coronavirus."

Vaccines are the magic bullet. But if there's a flare up in the fall, there'll be tremendous pressure for antibody therapeutics. Then maybe manufacturing of monoclonal antibodies vs. mRNA therapeutics.
    sounds better than ingesting bleach and sticking lights up my ass. thanks.
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Allerbush View Post
    sounds better than ingesting bleach and sticking lights up my ass. thanks.
    The bleach ingestion is from touching your face after wiping down the groceries.

Quote Originally Posted by mcphee View Post
    During Lent or all school year? Public school system? Either way, pretty weird.
    back in the day you never ate meat on a Friday Lent or not.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Fear and Loathing, a Rat Flu Odyssey

Quote Originally Posted by steepconcrete View Post
    No dude I do the same thing. Only I don’t prepare the food, I provide the organic ingredients.

My issue is that I think you were a asshole for personaly attacking people with whom you disagree. So I thought I’d give you some of your own medicine to show how pathetic it is.

Pretty lame, ehh?

Yet I’d be a shame if this place all of a sudden became a place of class and mutual respect.

Well... Aside for the no taco bit I’m good now. Y’all can go on with your petty attacks.
    So cute to see one of the bigger dipshits on here standing up for the minor dipshits.

It’s a free country so do what you want to do. I call someone out on making stupid assumptions based on an article based on a old swan results from a test with known issues and you make fun of my profession. It’s a free country. You can do that.

And no, I don’t buy your shitty produce. I buy quality shit from quality farmers who I’ve walked their land with, all within 50 miles of my kids. So don’t go claiming I’d ever use your crap. My farmer partners work the land day in and day out and don’t pad their post count on a ski forum. So kindly fuck off. Snowflake.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Listening to PBS last night--in some places that didn't expand medicaid the working poor who were paid so badly that they qualified for medicaid are now getting unemployment with the $600 bump, which also bumps them off medicaid, but doesn't begin to give them enough to afford to buy health insurance.
    Saw that. What a conundrum.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    Saw that. What a conundrum.
    doesn't that seem like a rather obvious thing for legislators and the admin to consider prior to bumping up the unemployment bennies? Was it intentional is what I'm getting at?

Quote Originally Posted by nordekette View Post
    How contagious are farts?
    I wear two cotton layers over my buttwhole but still is 6 feet far enough? And if you can smell it, are there still viruses in the gas?
    Hard to smell with a facemask i guess.
    Fart smells are a gas.

Farts smells are largely due to VRSCs (volatile reduced sulphur compounds) and VOCs (volatile organic compounds).

No mask designed to stop droplets, nor any particulate respirator designed to stop airborne viruses, stops gaseous molecules a thousand times smaller than a virus.
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Deebased View Post
    The bleach ingestion is from touching your face after wiping down the groceries.
    I've been washing produce with soapy water not bleach, sorry. This is helpful tho as I typically drink a glass of soapy water after i'm finished....who doesn't?

doesn't that seem like a rather obvious thing for legislators and the admin to consider prior to bumping up the unemployment bennies? Was it intentional is what I'm getting at?
    I don't think so. Hard to cover all contingencies. IIRC the bump in unemployment was done at the Federal level even though it is states that administer it and set payout amounts so there was no way to make things uniform across the board. This was acknowledged and the consensus was that it would all come out in the wash. You have to start somewhere so you know where to adjust, no? Hopefully they will get this fixed.

Never attribute to malice what can be explained by incompetence...

The rollout of all the unemployment/stimulus programs have been clusterfucks, mostly because congress was trying to get this done fast and didn't think through all the unforeseen consequences. Gotta expect some fuckups with $3+ trillion getting doled out in just a few weeks.
    I'm still waiting for my $1200

Holee shit Steep the troll actually said this?

"My issue is that I think you were a asshole for personaly attacking people with whom you disagree. So I thought I’d give you some of your own medicine to show how pathetic it is.

Pretty lame, ehh?

Yet I’d be a shame if this place all of a sudden became a place of class and mutual respect."

You fucking shit for brains cocksucker can fuck right off - and you know exactly why. And I know you are reading this Steep. Go take another month off to talk to your counselor and your preacher. Church is in 2 days and your guilt is gonna eat you up inside when you're sitting in the pews.

Apologies to everyone else - back to reality - please don't quote that fucker he is a well know and self admitted troll and self admitted asshole.

This one time at Starbucks I was standing behind a man in full dress uniform. When his turn came he stepped up to the cashier and she says to him:
    "What can I get you soldier?"
    From my vantage point behind him I see his spine go ramrod straight and for a moment there was dead silence. The cashier looked confused so I lean out from behind him and said:
    "This man is no solider, he's a Marine."
    He gave me an appreciative nod and a smile. The cashier was still confused.
    I have never forgotten his reaction to being called a soldier. LOL!
    I'm impressed you were able to differentiate between services!

My wife couldn't tell you the difference between a soldier, a marine, and an airline pilot

back in the day you never ate meat on a Friday Lent or not.
    Catholics only or was this a widely accepted cultural practice? My entire family is Catholic, I went to Catholic school K-8, but I only remember it as a Lent thing.

Rasputin is online now Полые тростник на ветру
    Sounds like you should pivot from unstable industries to being an Instagram wellness coach.
    Name:  1691747-1428387_namor_first_bitch_slap_in_comics_super.jpg
Views: 424
Size:  54.8 KB
    I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things. -אלוהים אדירים

Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post
    Apologies to everyone else - back to reality - please don't quote that fucker he is a well know and self admitted troll and self admitted asshole.
    Irony much?
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond Joe View Post
    I'm impressed you were able to differentiate between services!

My wife couldn't tell you the difference between a soldier, a marine, and an airline pilot
    It was the red stripe (the blood stripe) down his pants that gave it away.

Catholics only or was this a widely accepted cultural practice? My entire family is Catholic, I went to Catholic school K-8, but I only remember it as a Lent thing.
    Dunno if it extended to other faiths (raised Catholic) and I can't remember when it stopped being a yearly things and switched to just Fridays during lent. Maybe you're younger than me?

Worked with a gal who was a dedicated Catholic and attended Mass at the Cathedral where I went. She would sit in the first row of pews where she had to kneel on the marble floor because there were no padded kneelers for that row. She was a really nice gal but a bit confused sometimes. One Friday during Lent I saw her in the office cafeteria with a plate piled high with pulled pork. I looked at her plate and said Nadia.... it's Friday. Her reply: "Yeah, I know... this isn't meat it's pork." I just smiled. What does it really matter anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post
    My bad. I'll stop feeding.

It is Meatless Mondays, instead of Fridays now that we have moved on from being a nation dictated by the whims of Catholics (full disclosure - I'm kind of a Catholic - I gave up beer for Lent, but like a good Jesuit, I swilled on Sundays.)

And yes, red stripe. Marines are proud, and never want to be considered just basic military soldiers or sailors.

Chill out and obey

https://youtu.be/pQtwLmvVGEI

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Listening to PBS last night--in some places that didn't expand medicaid the working poor who were paid so badly that they qualified for medicaid are now getting unemployment with the $600 bump, which also bumps them off medicaid, but doesn't begin to give them enough to afford to buy health insurance.
    How does an extra $2400 not BEGIN to give you enough to buy health insurance?

"Premiums for individual coverage averaged $440 per month while premiums for family plans averaged $1,168 per month"
    https://www.ehealthinsurance.com/res...ithout-subsidy

Seems to me that extra $2400 would not only begin to give them enough, it *would* give them, more than double the amount that they would need to enroll in an Obamacare insurance plan.

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond Joe View Post
    How does an extra $2400 not BEGIN to give you enough to buy health insurance?

"Premiums for individual coverage averaged $440 per month while premiums for family plans averaged $1,168 per month"
    https://www.ehealthinsurance.com/res...ithout-subsidy

Seems to me that extra $2400 would not only begin to give them enough, it *would* give them, more than double the amount that you would need to enroll in an Obamacare insurance plan.
    Maybe I'll buy it once I actually get some unemployment money. Until then I've been 6 weeks without anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Ripzalot View Post
    You'd have to point me to what they said. I'm not following this shitshow.
    Quote Originally Posted by SkiCougar View Post
    I also am not sure what this is referring to as I have made 4 posts in a week and in this thread that's 20 thread pages going by and I had not paid attention to any.
    You guys spout shit with a sense of authority and conviction and then when your post gets criticized you respond with "well I'm not really paying attention to any of this....."

18,000 views in two days. My nephew is a pro at creating mashups with some talent, but I may be biased.

A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

Lolz.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by wooley12 View Post
    18,000 views in two days. My nephew is a pro at creating mashups with some talent, but I may be biased.

wow that was really well done