Page 737 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 ... LastLast
Results 18,401 to 18,425 of 41810
    Quote Originally Posted by goldenboy View Post
    The other funny (but not funny) thing about the "economy" crowd is that they don't think about the economic cost of a death. That 45 year old with underlying issues that would have otherwise lived to 80? He/she had a lot of consuming and GDP-ing to go over the next 35 years. The 75 year old that dies would have otherwise been contributing to the economy for 5, 10, 20 years. Even if you want to be cold hearted and only look at the economic impacts, opening everything up and letting nature take its course is actually worse long term for the economy.
    Even with underlying issues, that 45 year old has a very low % of death, and if said 45 year old truly feels he is especially vulnerable, he can stay home. Most 75 year olds are going to be burdens on the economy with SS and Medicare, but again, no one is saying to feed these people to the wolves. They can stay home.

While we are at it, maybe we should ban skiing, biking, boating, etc because people die from these activities and thus hurt the economy.

Quote Originally Posted by k2skier112 View Post
    my gawd you're an insufferable ignorant cunt
    try this live site, more than 5 states have an increase
    https://ncov2019.live/
    do you try to cunt up every thread you post in, or does just come naturally?
    Stop giving him oxygen then.

It makes the ignore function work better for the rest of us too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    Stop giving him oxygen then.

It makes the ignore function work better for the rest of us too.
    like wearing a mask to protect others?
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    like wearing a mask to protect others?
    Great analogy! It’s like herd immunity- if enough people get the measles vaccine it will make up for the idiots that don’t. If enough people ignore trolls it will make up for those of us who haven’t figured out who the trolls are yet - the snowflakes who get their bullshit refuted with facts and then cry about their “differing opinions” not being respected

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    except nobodys should die for being so soft or weak in lacking self control you cant not read what someone else without help of another function in yur life
    its about 50/ 50 on the masks/face coverings in utardia I think slightly less wife thinks slightly more
    location dependent
    much less in the Smith and Edwards "cowboy store" including employees
    the local meat markets sniders bros is no mask no service and the meatheads with nothing better to do are protesting out front
    I did chuckle a bit at the
    no wet markets =
    no need for masks
    sign
    sadly its gonna take more than 70 deaths and 700 hospilizations before the number of people covering their faces in public spaces increases here
    all the udnr cept the leo in the patrol boat were wearing them today at the state park
    still a few sporting them behind the wheel mostly old peeps
    drivin crappy
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

last month was fat rednecks with guns, then there were blacks with guns last week, i fully expect to see a bunch of armed karens next week
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    It's insanity. When and how to reopen is a legitimate debate. Choosing not to wear a mask is just being a cunt.
    I am a firm believer of masks !

Name:  Screen Shot 2020-05-16 at 7.25.35 PM.png
Views: 468
Size:  501.6 KB
    What if "Alternative" energy wasn't so alternative ?

the highest per capita number of cases on the west coast, 122 new cases yesterday and Yakima city councilman Jason White is encouraging citizens to defy the stay at home orders by organizing street car rallies. In an interview on tonight's news he called the SAH order a violation of civil rights and claims that the CV19 is nothing but a big lie and the deaths are false.

WTF?
    Last edited by KQ; 05-16-2020 at 10:47 PM.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    It's insanity. When and how to reopen is a legitimate debate. Choosing not to wear a mask is just being a tool of our enemies.
    FIFY. These are the people who believe every nonsensical theory they see pushed by the surrogates of the Kremlin or the CCP without even realizing why. Remember all the fake accounts FB banned? They didn't get them all. These people are being fed a list of things they should do to make the US fail. They are the wholly-owned subsidiaries of a few authoritarian regimes who stand to benefit from our downfall and they're working hard to serve their masters. Ignorantly. It's the only logical explanation.

Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post
    Great analogy! It’s like herd immunity- if enough people get the measles vaccine it will make up for the idiots that don’t. If enough people ignore trolls it will make up for those of us who haven’t figured out who the trolls are yet - the snowflakes who get their bullshit refuted with facts and then cry about their “differing opinions” not being respected
    What facts are you referring to that have refuted my bullshit?

Oh right, best to just ignore....

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    last month was fat rednecks with guns, then there were blacks with guns last week, i fully expect to see a bunch of armed karens next week
    Racist

Quote Originally Posted by MCS5280 View Post
    Sibling is a nurse practitioner who visits covid positive facilities as part of their job and has to wear full PPE. Tonight I was shocked to find out they refuse to wear a mask at the grocery store etc. I tried to explain the logic of a mask protecting others incase you are asymptomatic and contagious but got nowhere. The whole thing snowballed and they started down the rabbit hole of spouting Trump talking points and I had to hang up the phone. Completely floored that a trained medical professional can't grasp this concept.
    Some people only know their training. Logic is not part of their lives.

Quote Originally Posted by ron johnson View Post
    Where did I say that people in shape and less than 60 can't get sick from the virus?
    Ron, Ron, buddy, .listen.
    We get the digifisticuffs, you rebel with every right wing cause.

People here have been really pretty nice re-re-reexplaning to you some pretty obvious stuff. About climate change and now about contagion.

But why is it always this shit shower of random bitchy attitude and then a flush of complete ignorance about the fundamental precepts.

(interlude, cause this rocks: :

And yet, out your come, roaring away with all the cheap, didactic, whiny, know it all sophist kneejerking.

Constantly, not convincing anyone of anything and for sure never contributing any ski stoke or even remote joy, fiendishness or excitement about whatever it is that turns you on.

So either you're just stupid, psychotically addicted to abuse, distain and bitter lurching vicissitudes or maybe this is the thing that gets you happy.

You go girl.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Vibes KQ.

Quote Originally Posted by frorider View Post
    Vibes KQ.
    fortunately I don't live in Yaki-vegas and our city council has their heads on straight (so far)

Quote Originally Posted by Casey E View Post
    "California locked down early and took the coronavirus seriously. Why are its cases still rising?
    How California finds itself in limbo despite doing many things right."

https://www.vox.com/future-perfect/2...cases-lockdown
    This question needs an answer. Some of the bigger northern counties (SF, Santa Clara, Sacramento) have falling case rates. Roughly 1/4 their peaks. Notably these are also counties that saw some of the earliest cases. A bunch of big southern counties (LA, San Diego, Riverside, San Bernadino) are flat at their peaks. Orange is increasing.

If we can tell people what behaviors are helping, and what's failing in a region, I bet more people would adjust their behaviors. My guess is a look at cell phone location data reveals the answer.

https://covid-19.direct/state/CA <- some useful graphs at this website
    10/01/2012 Site was upgraded to 300 baud.

As it appears we are on track to be playing whack a mole with a foam noodle for the next year or so, I'm seeing opportunities in fashion masks.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	EUKNjpeUwAAikdI.jpg 
Views:	105 
Size:	355.9 KB 
ID:	328788
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

Maggot masks? GSA private label? "Believe"

Quote Originally Posted by bodywhomper View Post
    It’s a beautiful day! Fuck this shit, I feel great, not sick. Let’s drive up to that county with few cases and restaurants open for biz, masks optional. We’ll put on our new scantily clad hippy clothes, drive up, hit the farmers market, grab breakfast at the crepe place in town (owned by an anti-vaxer, he won’t make us wear our masks), drive down to the river, that one little beach is so nice and will be packed with naked drummers and free bong hits, have dinner back at that crepe place (SO good!), and I heard there’s a speak easy run by another anti-vaxer... let’s bring our friends, too.
    Sounds like fun. Can I have a shaman travel experience in the evening and some Chakra earth mother connecting chanting thrown in?

Oh BTW. How can it be that esoteric hippies and armed borderline insane red necks have the same agenda? Same distaste for facts and science?

Here in Germany we have a weird coalition of far right, far left, conspiracy freaks and hippies demonstrating for freedom from (what exactly? corona? Wearing a mask?A representative democracy?) whatever they think. And Europe is trying to coordinate the reopening anyway.
    Last edited by subtle plague; 05-17-2020 at 04:31 AM.
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

Rasputin is online now Полые тростник на ветру
    Quote Originally Posted by subtle plague View Post
    Sounds like fun. Can I do a shaman travel experience in the evening and some Chakra earth mother connecting chanting thrown in?

Oh BTW. How can it be that esoteric hippies and armed borderline insane red necks have the same agenda? Same distaste for facts and science?

Here in Germany we have a weird coalition of far right, far left, conspiracy freaks and hippies demonstrating for freedom from (what exactly? corona? Wearing a mask?A representative democracy?) whatever they think. And Europe is trying to coordinate the reopening anyway.
    All it says to me is that the fear is present in very different social groups, and rather than feel that fear, the weak minded are puffing up in futile threat gesturing (we're not afraid, you can't hold us down!). They want to fight, but given the virus can't be seen, they want to demonstrate their fear denial to a surrogate.
    I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things. -אלוהים אדירים

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    So literally....

https://youtu.be/3ZlDZPYzfm4

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

www.mynbc5.com/coronavirus-masks-a-boon-for-crooks-who-hide-their-faces

The way the FBI tells it, William Rosario Lopez put on a surgical mask and walked into the Connecticut convenience store looking to the world like a typical pandemic-era shopper as he picked up plastic wrap, fruit snacks and a few other items.

Then, when the only other customer left, he went to the counter, pulled out a small pistol, pointed it at the clerk and demanded that he open the cash register.

The scene, the FBI contends in a court document, was repeated by Lopez in four other gas station stores over eight days before his April 9 arrest. It underscores a troubling new reality for law enforcement: Masks that have made criminals stand apart long before bandanna-wearing robbers knocked over stagecoaches in the Old West and ski-masked bandits held up banks now allow them to blend in like concerned accountants, nurses and store clerks trying to avoid a deadly virus.

“Criminals, they're smart — and this is a perfect opportunity for them to conceal themselves and blend right in,” said Richard Bell, police chief in the tiny Pennsylvania community of Frackville.
    He said he knows of seven recent armed robberies in the region where every suspect wore a mask.
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    WASHINGTON—Dismissing the statistics as “totally overblown,” President Donald Trump publicly accused New York health officials Monday of inflating the state’s Covid-19 mortality rate by including African Americans in their calculations of the total dead. “It’s very unfair if you start adding in a bunch of people who died of the virus but were also very clearly black,” said Trump, who pointed to Texas, with its incomplete data-gathering and low rates of testing in minority communities, as a model other states should emulate. “Obviously, if you count blacks, it’s going to throw off your estimates of how bad this thing is. We’re doing a fantastic job containing the virus, but sadly some governors are stooping so low as to fake their numbers—not only with blacks, but with people born in other countries, too. You gotta ask whether they’re just doing this to try and make me look bad.” The president went on to demand that New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo personally apologize to him for harboring African Americans to begin with.
    Benny, is this for real?

Onion.