Page 795 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 ... LastLast
Results 19,851 to 19,875 of 41810
    Quote Originally Posted by rod9301 View Post
    I really thought there was an u, but I'm putting my kids to sleep right now and I'm too lazy to check the spelling. Champagne tonight didn't help, or the mountain bike ride and the climbing.

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 Pro using Tapatalk
    It's the British spelling so I wondered in what part of the Commonwealth you picked it up--that's why I asked, not to critique your spelling.

Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    Your kids? Aren't you like 72yo, Rod? Or is it code?
    71, but yeah, 8 and 10

Ron Jeremy might just be the first person I put on ignore.
    So close.
    . . .

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    It's the British spelling so I wondered in what part of the Commonwealth you picked it up--that's why I asked, not to critique your spelling.
    Born in Romania, so ESL

Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    Examples already stated. GTFO
    They were all disproved.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    I have this Ron Johnson troll on ignore so I have no idea what he is saying, but from people’s responses it sounds like he thinks the elderly should die ?

I bet my 93 y/o Mom could beat his ass to a pulp with her trekking poles.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    That's not what I think, but the reading comprehension isn't strong here.

Please, I beg of you, just stop.

we're no closer to that than we were 3 months ago. Counting on others to protect us is a lost cause (ask women how well that works for birth control). We need N95's for everyone. At least one per day.
    https://www.facebook.com/TheSunUS/vi...9316087502144/

Rasputin is online now Полые тростник на ветру
    That's about what I've been thinking when I see that on the news, "Wow they're spending a lot of money for a few seconds of entertainment, seems ineffectual."
    I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things. -אלוהים אדירים

we're no closer to that than we were 3 months ago. Counting on others to protect us is a lost cause (ask women how well that works for birth control). We need N95's for everyone. At least one per day.
    why not have 7 per person and just rotate through a week? and reuse
    Mrs. Dougw- "I can see how one of your relatives could have been killed by an angry mob."

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    dougW, you motherfucking dirty son of a bitch.

Quote Originally Posted by Flyoverland Captive View Post
    come on.... it's just the flu man..... the flu..........
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Quote Originally Posted by MultiVerse View Post
    The difference is Buster is telling the truth. Deeb on the other hand, no way, since lying is like 90% of what he does. He likes to make things up, for example:
    MV,

Bang on.

No way I'm lying

Here was what you posited.

"Maybe most of the COVID-19 cases are asymptomatic or maybe asymptomatic numbers are false positives because tests can also pick up people who have been in contact with an infected person."

in context you used my factual 50% albeit low (70-90) rates for asymptomatic as I reduced to account for margin of error.

You unable to see the forest for the trees, attempted to wave away the possibility of a major faction of asymptomatic.

Its damn hilarious looking at your posts evolve.

Welcome to my late March position.

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    Ronny J.
    Putting the fear and the loathing into the rat flu.
    One shit poast at a time
    Shit birds, Randy, shit birds.

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    Shit birds, Randy, shit birds.
    yup

rojo and deebz definitely raising the pressure on the shit barometer.

^ Spot on, the rojo and deebz deliberate strategy plainly stated is to “Flood the zone with shit.”

On the off chance anyone cares: in response to Deebs post above, he purposely left out the previous sentence in the quote to remove context because the sentence Deeb left out clearly states that there are asymptomatic cases.

This was all in response to deeb saying at the time 80% (not the 50% number he's claiming in the post above) were asymptomatic.

And then later as more serosurveys became available I wrote the asymptotic rate was around 40%.

So comparing asymptomatic COVID-19 with symptomatic flu doesn't make sense when there haven't been any serosurveys or serial viral shedding studies for COVID-19. Maybe most of the COVID-19 cases are asymptomatic or maybe asymptomatic numbers are false positives because tests can also pick up people who have been in contact with an infected person.
    Your [deeb's] number are made up. Not only does your source not say there's only a 20% symptomatic rate, but undocumented and mild is not the same thing as asymptomatic which you've attempted to lump together into your "asymptomatic" category.
    If you aggregate the studies they start to bring the picture into focus. An infection fatality rate somewhere between 0.3% and 1% but with staggering differences by age group and comorbidities, an asymptotic rate somewhere around 40%, and absent control measure an R0 somewhere between 2.5 and 5.7.
    Last edited by MultiVerse; 05-31-2020 at 11:10 PM.

Pig wrestling, lots and lots of pig wrestling.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Pig wrestling, lots and lots of pig wrestling.
    The pig's name is Hugh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Rasputin is online now Полые тростник на ветру
    He who reproveth a scorner getteth to himself shame...... PV 9:7
    I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things. -אלוהים אדירים

Fear and Loathing, a Rat Flu Odyssey

Interesting. I wonder if we’ll see cases decline over time and the severity of the cases will keep going down? Apparently something similar happened with SARS until it went away.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/mobile..../idUSKBN2370OQ

Quote Originally Posted by funkendrenchman View Post
    Interesting. I wonder if we’ll see cases continue to remain steady for awhile but the severity of the cases will keep going down? Apparently something similar happened with SARS until it went away.

Fingers crossed.

Quote Originally Posted by definitely not ronald johnson View Post
    Depends where the money to pay for it comes from. If it's coming from SS and Medicare then it's a negative. If it comes from savings then it's a positive, but when you die those savings are just passed on to the heirs who use those savings in other productive ways.
    What kind of society do we want to have? Should we just bring everyone in the forest naked at 75 and leave them to die for maximum efficiency? Not to mention that the system was designed to have people pay into the safety net so they could harness some gains and be comfortable in old age. The problem with the boomers isn't that there are so many of them, it's that they've worked so hard to defund and break these social programs for 40 years with success no matter who is in the OO.

Further, the idea that inherited wealth is productive goes against a centuries of american thought and destroys social mobility. there is no reason we need a protected aristocratic class of people with 20 generational wealth. this directly causes the societal unrest we are seeing now. People should be able to leave money to heirs but for a long time we agreed as a society on what a fair number was and how to tax above that but that same wealthiest class has been assaulting these norms since the 90s as a death tax with major success under one party.

Quote Originally Posted by definitely not ronald johnson View Post
    You think job creators are negatives??
    the myth of job creators is. How many more jobs have bezos and the waltons destroyed than created (in this country)?

When combined with supercharged policy to funnel more wealth to these people it's exacerbated further, since they are now richer and even more important job creators! The system is broker than we are and the coronavirus response is just like the social unrest, the result of a complete failure of leadership and the social contract in our country.

Seems like some people are ok with it because they aren't old, have gates around their neighborhood, etc...
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Quote Originally Posted by funkendrenchman View Post
    Interesting. I wonder if we’ll see cases decline over time and the severity of the cases will keep going down? Apparently something similar happened with SARS until it went away.

Tell this to the people currently dying. While this could happen, and has happened before, the more likely, and common scenario is a dip in the summer and a resurgence in the fall. Eventually it will find a background level and just smolder through the population, but when is still the big question. Let's hope it is sooner rather then later.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

^ Spot on, the rojo and deebz deliberate strategy plainly stated is to “Flood the zone with shit.”

On the off chance anyone cares: in response to Deebs post above, he purposely left out the previous sentence in the quote to remove context because the sentence Deeb left out clearly states that there are asymptomatic cases.

This was all in response to deeb saying at the time 80% (not the 50% number he's claiming in the post above) were asymptomatic.

And then later as more serosurveys became available I wrote the asymptotic rate was around 40%.
    So you moved from 0 to 40. Halfway there bud. A few more weeks and we'll be able to laugh at your 60-70% of population required for herd immunity.