Page 918 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 913 914 915 916 917 918 919 920 921 922 923 ... LastLast
Results 22,926 to 22,950 of 41810
    Quote Originally Posted by huckbucket View Post
    A few reasons. First, some portion of the population might already be immune based on prior T-cell activation due to SARS exposure. We will have to broaden our use of assays that will tell us how wide-spread this phenomenon is. Second, we're seeing a drop off in neutralizing antibodies in those infected and with the first rounds of vaccine data. However, if T-cell responses can provide a measure of protection, then durable antibody responses might not be necessary. Note the time frame in that paper I linked (17 years!).
    Pretty graphs courtesy me and my coworkers:
    https://public.tableau.com/shared/9Z..._link&:embed=y

From: https://immunerace.adaptivebiotech.c...nd-sars-cov-2/

The "N" protein Derek talks about is the nucleocapsid phosphoprotien in the visualization which is colored light orange and on the right side of the graph. You can see while the most TCell reactivity is in the surface glycoprotien (the spike), there is TCell reactivity lots of places, including the second biggest "minigene" in the N protein.
    "Great barbecue makes you want to slap your granny up the side of her head." - Southern Saying

Quote Originally Posted by MontuckyFried View Post
    More and more evidence coming out that children rarely/barely spread the rona. Eyes have been on Germany specifically and things are looking good apparently.

I am 0% concerned about sending my kids to school. They'll be fine. We'll be fine. Just gotta follow basic precautions like shoes off at front door, handwashing as soon you get home, etc.

The kids are fine. Let them get back to normal as soon as possible so long as things are continuing to prove ok in that regard. Isn't most of Europe opening schools back up?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using TGR Forums mobile app
    SMH. It's been one whole page since a horrifying example was posted of an athletic middle-aged man getting it from his barely-symptomatic daughter. Who caught it at school. Don't read, just post.

Quote Originally Posted by LegoSkier View Post

The "N" protein Derek talks about is the nucleocapsid phosphoprotien in the visualization which is colored light orange and on the right side of the graph. You can see while the most TCell reactivity is in the surface glycoprotien (the spike), there is TCell reactivity lots of places, including the second biggest "minigene" in the N protein.
    Cool. This is starting to fall right into Adaptive's wheelhouse. You guys might be uniquely positioned here.

Quote Originally Posted by huckbucket View Post
    Millions have lost coverage in the past few months.
    True, but in the article they said they couldn't afford it, not because they lost coverage.

Montucky, you should read that article, his kid brought home the virus from school and his life is ruined for a long time. it's a bit more complicated than just the kids being fine, it's the teachers, janitors, parents, grandparents.

Found out that my Dad and his girlfriend got it (both late 60's in excellent health). Two days of mild fever and a mild dry cough and rhinitis, one day of bad myalgia, fully symptom-free within five days.

Walmart will require all shoppers to wear face coverings as of July 20: https://corporate.walmart.com/newsro...face-coverings

This should be interesting.
    ::.:..::::.::.:.::..::.

The Orange County (California) school board just came out with guidelines for pretty much a full reopening of schools. Turns out they pretty much made up shit to justify their conclusions. The head of the board says this is all a hoax to trash the economy and defeat Trump.

Now, I don't know just how susceptible kids are at getting and spreading the virus, results are mixed at best, but I just can't imagine having g anybody this stupid heading such a huge school board. I know Orange County has some real trumpeters, but what the fuck?

edit to add: Of course they are CYA by saying these are guidelines and it is up to each district to make their own guidelines in true Trumpian fashion.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

It's fucking OC. See the Huntington Beach video above. The problem there is that, with the Trumptards in office, even the stoner liberal types are notoriously hedonistic dumbfucks who know not much about anything and prefer to do less...

Quote Originally Posted by splat View Post
    It's fucking OC. See the Huntington Beach video above. The problem there is that, with the Trumptards in office, even the stoner liberal types are notoriously hedonistic dumbfucks who know not much about anything and prefer to do less...

Jesus Fucking Christ.
    What we have here is an intelligence failure. You may be familiar with staring directly at that when shaving. .
    -Ottime
    One man can only push so many boulders up hills at one time.
    -BMillsSkier

Fear and Loathing, a Rat Flu Odyssey

Things got a little more real here today. My wife’s mom’s assisted living center has a reported CV case and the man has been moved to a CV center. Everyone and the staff was tested last Friday and the results came back yesterday, which identified the case (he is on hospice care and had no symptoms). No one else, including staff, tested positive. The breach had to be the outside hospice care worker, as the place has been under strict lockdown and tests have been happening every couple of weeks.
    Hopefully no care workers interacted with him much this weekend (he is under hospice care after all) and spread the CV around. Everyone is being tested again today.

This place was locked the fuck down with very well laid out strategies on how to reduce exposure to the residents via care workers. And it still got in. Sorry, school is fucked.

Quote Originally Posted by hutash View Post
    The Orange County (California) school board just came out with guidelines for pretty much a full reopening of schools. Turns out they pretty much made up shit to justify their conclusions. The head of the board says this is all a hoax to trash the economy and defeat Trump.

Now, I don't know just how susceptible kids are at getting and spreading the virus, results are mixed at best, but I just can't imagine having g anybody this stupid heading such a huge school board. I know Orange County has some real trumpeters, but what the fuck?

edit to add: Of course they are CYA by saying these are guidelines and it is up to each district to make their own guidelines in true Trumpian fashion.
    The interview with the OCUSD board on NPR yesterday was batshit. Their approach makes zero sense.

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Sorry, school is fucked.
    Right? Let's say that kids can get it, but not in the numbers and severity that adults get it...that's a big assumption...but let's just give that to the OC school board as an assumption...so you send your kid to school and he/she has it, gives it to the teacher and a bunch of other kids, they die from it or get sick or take it home and someone at home gets sick or dies or spreads it to someone else....etc. etc. etc. I just don't see how this is going to work to reopen schools like it ain't no thang.
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

Well, NASCAR is holding the All-Star race in Bristol here tonight. So, all of you naysayers come on down!@! Only 30,000 of your closest friends will be in attendance. Masks are now required in this county, but I'll bet you can count the spectators and crews wearing masks on one hand.

Bring your own cooler because a beer here is $9, but its 24oz!!
    In order to properly convert this thread to a polyasshat thread to more fully enrage the liberal left frequenting here...... (insert latest democratic blunder of your choice).

Quote Originally Posted by LegoSkier View Post

can you say whether the identified t-cell eptiopes might be protective, inert, or deleterious?
    Move upside and let the man go through...

Here's a good read on the pandemic that I really enjoyed.
    https://www.wyofile.com/climbing-wal...emic-dispatch/

Does anybody know ancient Aramaic?

U.S. hospitals sending coronavirus data to Washington instead of CDC

this ^^ should improve the Covid stats

https://www.ctvnews.ca/health/corona...IUiRmd0TTBA3s8
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

If it wasn’t already clear, herd immunity isn’t an option.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/15/polit...ity/index.html
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.

I'll see your crazy ass satanic shit with crazy ass anti-union, qtard shit.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1283224831832530945

Quote Originally Posted by east or bust View Post
    It's pretty crazy that schools are planning to reopen at all. I fully comprehend the importance of getting kids back into a learning environment, and for a lot of kids it goes way beyond that. Not to mention what it's been like for working parents. Even with precautions that some districts say they are going to take via smaller classrooms, keeping the same group of kids together, etc... can anyone explain to me how this would be any different than having bars/restaurants open? Just seems like it's going to be a major shitshow.
    No beer pong.

Quote Originally Posted by wicked_sick View Post
    Walmart will require all shoppers to wear face coverings as of July 20: https://corporate.walmart.com/newsro...face-coverings

This should be interesting.
    Place some webcams with good sound at most entrances, and just sit back and enjoy the results.

Quote Originally Posted by I Skied Bandini Mountain View Post
    I'll see your crazy ass satanic shit with crazy ass anti-union, qtard shit.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1283224831832530945
    Holy shit.

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    U.S. hospitals sending coronavirus data to Washington instead of CDC

this ^^ should improve the Covid stats

https://www.ctvnews.ca/health/corona...IUiRmd0TTBA3s8
    Improve, as in, reduce the number based on political aspirations of the current administration? Can we trust anything that's reported on COVID-19 coming out of this administration?
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

obviously I didn't use enough e-sarc on that post so you might have thot i was serious
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Place some webcams with good sound at most entrances, and just sit back and enjoy the results.

Great viewing alternative since there's no fucking sports....
    What we have here is an intelligence failure. You may be familiar with staring directly at that when shaving. .
    -Ottime
    One man can only push so many boulders up hills at one time.
    -BMillsSkier

Group buy? It could be great for storm skiing.
    https://www.vyzrtech.com/products/bio-vyzr

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4068.JPG 
Views:	94 
Size:	556.5 KB 
ID:	334748

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums