Page 1617 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 1612 1613 1614 1615 1616 1617 1618 1619 1620 1621 1622 ... LastLast
Results 40,401 to 40,425 of 41810
    Quote Originally Posted by raisingarizona13 View Post
    If everyone keeps insisting on wearing masks it will probably take a lot longer to grow strong immunities against this junk.

If Biden isn't dead by next week I think we are all ok and those that can't fight it off were probably just one step from death anyways.
    Well alrighty then - you go to the front of the exposure line, naked.

Quote Originally Posted by LongShortLong View Post
    I generally agree with this. Except the last part. Prior infection provides protection similar to vaccination against future exposure, so societal impact would be similar. .
    Especially if it killed you.. like it did 800K so far.. You don't think that number wouldn't be quite a bit higher without vaccines?
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

For good or bad, the reality on the ground is that you are largely on your own and if you are concerned about getting it (based on my experience with brain fog that thankfully went away, you should be) you should be monitoring the transmission rate in your county and mitigating your risk. IE - wear a protective mask.

Wear an N95 mask because a surgical or cloth is not going to do you much good.

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    Especially if it killed you.. like it did 800K so far.. You don't think that number wouldn't be quite a bit higher without vaccines?
    Indubitably. I chose the vaccination route myself. However, most unvaccinated people have been infected by now, which provides similar protection in future infections. I'm positing that without vaccination, society would be in about the same place now, as most all of us would have been infected/recovered. You're right that many more of us would have died. The survivors though would have about the same immunity as we do. So by now, accounting for added deaths, it would be 99%-99.5% the same as with no vaccine*. (Assuming we'd masked/distanced enough to keep the health system functional)

* long covid isn't well characterized, but I don't see any screaming about large numbers of us disabled. I could claim there's an outbreak of brain fog masquerading as political stupidity, but that predates Covid. Still, there's some long-covid impact in addition to deaths, that most likely would be greater without vaccines.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzworthy View Post
    Checking in. Positive this morning, daughter too. Wife nope.
    All three of us have 2 shots and a booster.

It feels like a head cold.
    Head cold my ass.

Fever, chills, sweats, diarrhea, horrible aches and pounding headache. Couldn’t drink enough water. No food.

Then boom, today is sooooo much better.
    Not much energy but I’m hungry again and want to smoke some weed. Not going to but at least I’m back.

Thankful for the vaccines.

Brutal - glad it's passing quickly.

Head cold my ass.

Fever, chills, sweats, diarrhea, horrible aches and pounding headache. Couldn’t drink enough water. No food.

Then boom, today is sooooo much better.
    Not much energy but I’m hungry again and want to smoke some weed. Not going to but at least I’m back.

Thankful for the vaccines.
    I was starting to wonder if I was the only person who didn’t get multi day fever and pounding headaches with a head cold.

Hope you feel better.

Thanks guys. Luckily it was just 2 bad days and nights. Feeling better by the hour now.
    I’d sure prefer not to go through that again.

Thanks guys. Luckily it was just 2 bad days and nights. Feeling better by the hour now.
    Yep a whole world of difference between "Am I gunna die??" and "Rats, it's going to kinda suck for a day or three".. Progress for sure!
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Several 25-40 year old friends have said the same.

My boomer parents travelled for 6 weeks in Europe and seemed to have caught it last week during transit back to their home. Symptoms started for my pops 4 days after arriving home. Hoping paxvolid to work well.

I've had the vid twice now. The first time I thought I was going to die. I was destroyed for 8 days straight then had long term affects for another three months. Second time? It was like a mellow cold or heavy allergies. I only felt a little crappy for 4 days but tested positive for a total of 13 days. This is why I'm like let me keep getting it, the more I'm exposed the better.
    dirtbag, not a dentist

I recently got the vid, confirmed, in the beginning of July. The symptoms were identical to what I had in March 2020 when testing wasn’t available. Everything was a dulled down version - 24hrs of flu like symptoms (basically just feeling tired and crappy) then sore throat and a lingering cough.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

This is why I'm like let me keep getting it, the more I'm exposed the better.
    As this thread has explained hundreds of times, the ‘it’ you refer to is not static. It’s mutating. And some of those mutations enable it to largely behave as a new disease. There’s no upside to you getting sick every 3 months from the latest novel coronavirus. Just means you are part of the active host population increasing the odds of shittier mutant strains coming along.
    Know of a pair of Fischer Ranger 107Ti 189s (new or used) for sale? PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by bodywhomper View Post
    Several 25-40 year old friends have said the same.
    I’m 48. So I guess that’s good?
    What do I win?

This is why I'm like let me keep getting it, the more I'm exposed the better.
    Um no. See above. And like pages and pages before.

Quote Originally Posted by frorider View Post
    As this thread has explained hundreds of times, the ‘it’ you refer to is not static. It’s mutating. And some of those mutations enable it to largely behave as a new disease. There’s no upside to you getting sick every 3 months from the latest novel coronavirus. Just means you are part of the active host population increasing the odds of shittier mutant strains coming along.
    No shit man. I want to be exposed to the new, mutated versions. I completely disagree and feel it's best to just get this stuff as soon as possible and keep developing my immunity.
    dirtbag, not a dentist

No shit man. I want to be exposed to the new, mutated versions. I completely disagree and feel it's best to just get this stuff as soon as possible and keep developing my immunity.

Everyone who reads this statement has now put you in a category of “dumb maroon needs serious help”.

Just letting you know.

My apologies to yeahman. I was mistaken, it was this kook whose feelings were cited.

RA, you don't even like to hear about the feelings of people whose taste in trails disagrees with yours, and that's a matter for actual tastes--which have no form of accounting. Here it's the opposite. Feelings don't fix anything.

Everyone who reads this statement has now put you in a category of “dumb maroon needs serious help”.

Just letting you know.
    I don't care. I'd rather just get it or be exposed to it to activate the immune response. This isn't dumb. But whatever, some of ya are all up high on your moral high grounds still living in fear. No thanks.
    dirtbag, not a dentist

Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    My apologies to yeahman. I was mistaken, it was this kook whose feelings were cited.

RA, you don't even like to hear about the feelings of people whose taste in trails disagrees with yours, and that's a matter for actual tastes--which have no form of accounting. Here it's the opposite. Feelings don't fix anything.

Ahh, I've grown a lot in the trails regard. I actually like all kinds of trails, just not total shit ones. I'm totally secure now on what I do and am after with building these days and understand that other people like different things and may not like my approach or style. I don't need people to agree with me to feel confident with what I do. Life can be like that ya know, if we are doing it right we are constantly learning and growing. It's great.

As far as being exposed to the different forms of the vid it's not a crackpot idea at all. Hiding from it though? That sounds like we are prolonging the inevitable to me. But whatever, you all do you and I'm not about to tell you to do it differently. I don't care what y'all do.
    dirtbag, not a dentist

The projecting your fear is a little too obvious. Accepting mortality tends to cure that. Knowing this makes it easy to spot the fearful talkers, whistling past the graveyard. Denial is malignant.

It's cool that you want to learn and grow, me too. If you can present any evidence to support your hopes I'd be interested. Your sample size is one--your second infection. Can you imagine a way for this to work where having this disease 50 times is less likely to do damage than having it 5 times? Understanding how this stuff works, even when the results are not attractive is a good way to grow.

moral high grounds
    still living in fear.
    Comical
    Idiotic
    Never heard that before

Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    The projecting your fear is a little too obvious. Accepting mortality tends to cure that. Knowing this makes it easy to spot the fearful talkers, whistling past the graveyard. Denial is malignant.

It's cool that you want to learn and grow, me too. If you can present any evidence to support your hopes I'd be interested. Your sample size is one--your second infection. Can you imagine a way for this to work where having this disease 50 times is less likely to do damage than having it 5 times? Understanding how this stuff works, even when the results are not attractive is a good way to grow.
    I have to go with my gut on this. My gut instinct has saved my ass a lot over the years. So yeah, maybe I am an idiot or maybe some folks are too reliant on the current information being put out there by our media. I don't trust that information and take all of it with a grain of salt.

Being exposed to it does trigger your immune response, no? The last thing I read was regular exposure or being sick from it gives us immunity protection for around 3 months. Vaccines and boosters? 6 months maybe. So why hide from it? I know there is risks but I'm ok with that. I've vaxed twice and boosted. I'll probably do another boost here in the early fall. I'm taking precautions, staying away from large public gatherings etc. and if if/when I do get sick I isolate. This all makes sense to me.

Buzzworthy......I'm not insulting people that have different opinions. That sounds like fear to me.
    dirtbag, not a dentist

I have to go with my gut on this. My gut instinct has saved my ass a lot over the years. So yeah, maybe I am an idiot or maybe some folks are too reliant on the current information being put out there by our media. I don't trust that information and take all of it with a grain of salt.

Being exposed to it does trigger your immune response, no? The last thing I read was regular exposure or being sick from it gives us immunity protection for around 3 months. Vaccines and boosters? 6 months maybe. So why hide from it? I know there is risks but I'm ok with that. I've vaxed twice and boosted. I'll probably do another boost here in the early fall. I'm taking precautions, staying away from large public gatherings etc. and if if/when I do get sick I isolate. This all makes sense to me.

Buzzworthy......I'm not insulting people that have different opinions. That sounds like fear to me.
    If you're not afraid of getting something what's the point of gaining immunity to it?

Oh but I am. After reading tonight’s posts I’ve concluded you are not an intelligent person and I won’t ever have anything to do with you in real life. And that’s ok.

If it sounds like fear you are 100% correct.
    I don’t like to be sick. It’s not fun for me. I do fear viruses. Cold, flu, Covid, you name it. They take you away from the things you’ve planned to do. Places you may go. People you haven’t seen in many years.

Do you really think that’s still an insult?
    I also have a fear of heights. Fought it since I was 5 getting on a chairlift at Baker in ‘79.
    Still SCARED to this day EVERY time I get on a lift. But I still do it, even at times I absolutely hate it.

It’s totally ok to be scared.
    "boobs just make the world better really" - Woodsy