Page 1548 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 1543 1544 1545 1546 1547 1548 1549 1550 1551 1552 1553 ... LastLast
Results 38,676 to 38,700 of 41810
    Quote Originally Posted by NakedShorts View Post
    I actually wear a condom at all times just to prevent having babies.
    Thought I told you to shut the fuck up and get back to work.

I really see no need to wear one other than to make you feel safe.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    Salk's vaccine was introduced in 1955, so we'll probably need another 65 years of data to compare efficacy against the Covid-19 vaccines.

Also as others have pointed out in this thread, polio was a much different animals in terms of number of people affected. In the worst year in the U.S. less than 60,000 people were infected.
    It also took two vaccines to control polio--the Salk injection which prevented the virus from infecting the body from the GI tract and the Sabin oral which prevented infection of the GI tract. (Polio is ingested rather than inhaled--fecal oral transmission.). If you ingest the virus it can replicate in your GI tract and you can excrete it in your stool and infect someone else. We only use the shot nowadays because in the US and Canada the chance of being exposed is miniscule, while in places where the virus is endemic the oral is still used.

Starting Wednesday you can order free covid tests from covidtests.gov
    Why am I not optimistic that the tests will arrive in time to be of any use for the current wave. The next wave maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by Art Shirk View Post
    Amusing to me that people are so concerned with other people's behavior that either has no bearing on their own life or may actually be a net benefit to society, even if it looks "ridiculous." I was in a similar camp wondering why people were driving around with masks on alone in their car, but I never gave a shit because it has fuck all to do with me. And then i got covid but had to pick up my kids one day near the tail end of my bout and decided it was better to simply keep my n95 on in the car on the way to potentially minimize anything in the air. Did it help? I don't know. But it was my choice and for a time I was that "idiot" driving by myself with a mask. I know that I would be heartbroken if nakedshorts had seen me.
    Next you're going to tell me it doesn't bother you to see someone wearing a watch when he's not even checking the time. Those dumbasses should be putting that thing in their pocket or briefcase or carrying it in their hand like any normal person instead of virtue signaling their love of time or some nonsense. It's ridiculous. Just because it's equipped with a bracelet to imprison your wrist doesn't mean you have to wear it there.
    A woman came up to me and said "I'd like to poison your mind
    with wrong ideas that appeal to you, though I am not unkind."

That's a relief.

Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    If I lived in WA, Oft would be my realtor. Seriously.

Yes. Thank you for your service.

Fear and Loathing, a Rat Flu Odyssey

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Starting Wednesday you can order free covid tests from covidtests.gov
    Why am I not optimistic that the tests will arrive in time to be of any use for the current wave. The next wave maybe?
    I’m a little skeptical that 4 tests per family is going to change the course of this pandemic in any meaningful way. But hey, maybe some lives will be saved.

They say cloth masks are the MAGA hats of the left.😜

Take your political bullshit elsewhere dude.

Quote Originally Posted by teletech View Post
    They say cloth masks are the MAGA hats of the left.��
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzworthy View Post
    Take your political bullshit elsewhere dude.
    here

https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...46#post6512446
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Teletech (sic) does in fact not tele. I mean how can you in fact be both tele AND tech??????
    Not to mention they seem to be allergic to bio-tech.

We all thank you for that.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Quote Originally Posted by PB View Post
    Teletech (sic) does in fact not tele. I mean how can you in fact be both tele AND tech??????
    Not to mention they seem to be allergic to bio-tech.
    Welcome to 10 years ago?
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

TWiV report for this week - it's about 50 minutes tl,dr:
    The takeaway for me was a discussion of rapid antigen tests for detecting infectious Covid (CT<30) within the first 7 days is greater than 97%. The comparison was done in Jan 2022, i.e. mostly omicron. It is thought that Covid is mostly spread in the first 7 days, and when CT<30, so use those tests, if you can find one.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5U8S...centRacaniello

No ambulance drivers available here and winds were howling so no helicopters flying. Older friend (80) had AAA and needed emergency surgery at larger hospital so doctor drove the ambulance two hours one way. There are heroes during these times

Fear and Loathing, a Rat Flu Odyssey

Starting to see COVID infections among close friends, folks that have been really careful through all this. And the big one last night, my old man has it, which is kind of nuts because he literally doesn’t leave the house.

More positives in the first week of school than all of last semester combined. The kids that sit on either side of my youngest are out for quarantine due to positive tests. Feeling like our number is up at this point. I get that “everyone is going to get it” is a bit hyperbolic, but from where I’m sitting, it sure as hell looks like a lot of people are going to get it.
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.

I know at least 15 people who have it or had it recently, a year ago that number might have been 1 or 2

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

^^^ CDC and Fauci have been saying for a while that Omicron is so contagious that everybody will soon either get sick or be immune thru vax. Report I saw yesterday sez maybe the peak is occurring now.

Omicron has closed classrooms for 1 in 3 Portland area students, upending kids’ and working parents’ lives https://www.oregonlive.com/news/2022...nts-lives.html

A nice piece in the NYT arguing that CDC and FDA have been using a medical standard (first do no harm, only the welfare of the individual patient matters) when they should be using an epidemiological standard (the greatest good for the greatest number). I have felt this all along. Piece was written by an MD.
    https://www.nytimes.com/2022/01/14/o...d-america.html

Quote Originally Posted by teletech View Post
    They say body bags and refrigerated truck trailers are the "let:s go Brandon" of the left.😜
    Fify

I think many have reached the DGAF point where the thinking is "well most if us are vaccinated and those who aren't had their chance so we're going to get back to living our lives a little more".

What do I mean by that? Look at the college bowl game playoffs and national championship game.. The payoff games were two giant stadiums filled with 100K fans, students, players, staff, trainers,etc. Only the some of the trainers and a handful of fans were wearing masks. So, the two winning teams there have approx 10 more days to prepare for the championship game. College kids off a huge historic school win having the best time of their lives...

Anyone else think it's odd that following those playoff game events and leading up to the championship we don't hear about a SINGLE player, coach, trainer, etc testing positive on either of those two final teams??? Nobody was unable to make the championship game due to COVID?? There no way in hell they were testing anyone if NOBODY tested positive all though the days and minutes between the playoff games Dec 31st and kickoff January 10th.

Why isn't anyone even asking if that seems strange??

Now, first hand up close experience. Daughter is a high school senior active in her theater department. They are being very careful, wearing masks at all times in rehearsals leading up to their big performances next weekend.. They all took PCR tests last weekend because a few tested positive the previous week. But, not nearly as much scrutiny as the performance dates get closer.. Hoping ignorance is bliss? If people go out of their way to test and some of those come back positive a literal showstopper. Instead they seem OK with pressing on without knowing for sure everyone's status hoping the vaccines (all documented as fully bosted) will be good enough to just roll on. If others outside of their group aren't vaxxed?? Oh well??

I'm sure some may have COVID exposure in their home or other circles this week. but nobody's going out of their way to get tested without being formally asked to test at this point. All these kids are thinking.. "I'm not going to be the one to go get tested and shut the whole thing down unless I'm absolutely certain I'm sick and spreading it". Again all wearing KN95 masks they feel that's good enough now..

Anybody else getting that vibe from their kids' schools, work, bridge club, etc??
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Follow the money

My antivax boomer snowbirds are below the Mason Dixon Line continue to party hearty. I know a few had Omicron but wouldn't admit it. I never knew anyone personally who had or admitted to having Delta. Seems half of my extended clan either have it now or had it post vax.
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.