Page 990 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 985 986 987 988 989 990 991 992 993 994 995 ... LastLast
Results 24,726 to 24,750 of 41810
    Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    Not so far. Apparently the response is to warn parents and students that posting anything disparaging to the school on social media is grounds for expulsion. Great way to build a democracy we've got here.

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/amphtml...ulding-county?
    Same school that doesn’t require masks that inhibit the spread of potentially deadly disease, because freedom.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    He's probably happy to get away from that shit show for a few days.
    A girl--Hannah Watters, and a boy who chooses to remain anonymous.

Quote Originally Posted by Mazderati View Post
    Yeah, the school is going to hide behind filming minors or in protected spaces or something like that.
    this is the shit that keeps whistle blowers from coming forward.

So, Mofro, you guys got a vaccine candidate you're testing in-house?

Quote Originally Posted by Snow Dog View Post
    Out in Langley (30 minutes east of Vancouver and mostly rural) mask usage is around 10% these days. The door attendants and counting people in a store are gone. Even store clerks and staff have stopped wearing masks. It's easy to social distance out here. Plexiglass shields and a little distancing makes all the difference. The BC public heath office doesn't give location details on deaths but once you're out of greater Vancouver there's nothing to worry about.
    Uhmm... Langley is part of greater Vancouver. And considering that people live farther up the valley, and commute into Burnaby and Vancouver every day for work, I would consider the whole lower mainland as a higher risk zone.

I know there's definitely some pandemic fatigue going on in locations without many new cases, but it's not over.

I wouldnt call langley rural maybe 50 yrs ago and 30 minutes east might be on a sunday or at midnight

, even tho I am from vangroovy the whole place drives me nuts,

I always feel much better once I am beyond Hope
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9222.JPG 
Views:	95 
Size:	189.2 KB 
ID:	336548
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Girl in Georgia who posted that pic had suspension lifted.

“Class changes that look like this may happen, especially at a high school with more than 2,000 students.” There was little the district could do, he said, beyond encouraging masks."

He could have just gone with Trump's "it is what it is".

https://www.rollingstone.com/politic...St3jY_pT9BKOOs

The differences between poutine land and america from the perspective from Wade Davis the ethno-botanist AKA a guy who has done a lot of drugs and a good trashing in general
    Last edited by XXX-er; 08-07-2020 at 09:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by goldenboy View Post
    “Class changes that look like this may happen, especially at a high school with more than 2,000 students.” There was little the district could do, he said, beyond encouraging masks."

He could have just gone with Trump's "it is what it is".
    Responsible schools would have suspended kids for *not* wearing masks. But, you know... freedumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Try dealing with all this, then having a tropical storm rip through your state, taking your power out for 36 hours, spoiling food in your fridge, and totally fucking up all the great road biking in your hood for probably at least a few weeks.
    Oh the horrors. I simply can’t imagine something more devastating.

And maybe you should upgrade from that OG ice box. The insulation on units from the mid 80’s on should keep that refer cold for at least 72 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    and chewing gum is illegal

" This is why I think countries that are feeling smugly superior to the US (e.g., Canada) should not take solace for long. "

hey what would you say if you had crazy neighbors ? And btw we actualy DO think Covid IS all trumps fault up here

The Chinese in Vangroovy heard about covid and were actualy on top of it early with masking also the malls in Richmond (a vangroovy suburb that is > 50% azn ) were deserted early on and besides most of the covid deaths were back east, it came in thru USA via Yurp to the east ... NOT china

whats the difference between washington & BC, i seem to remember the artical where the population is half again as many people but 7 times as many people were dying of covid SO its out of control

a recent pole found that 86% of Canadians want the border left closed so there is absolutely NO politcal will to reopen it goods still pass back and forth by truck but you won't be skiing or fishing or recreating any time soon, if you need to drive to AK there is a protocol for that which involves strict timelines and not recreating along the way
    Do you just repeat this CA mantra every three days?

We get it. You don’t like your southern neighbors. You’ve told us numerous times. And while I’ll agree with some of your assertions, repeating them twice a week is becoming tiring. Any chance you can pick a new topic to beat into the ground next week?

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    You Canadians ought to be thanking us for experimenting how far out on the wire a country can go before this shit destroys it. When Covid-20 starts over in China this fall, we'll all know how far we can push it thanks to the goddamn US of fucking A. Instead you're bitching about everything.

I'll bet everyone thought the first fucking Asian dude who said "Hey, look at that ice bridge over there! Let's cross it and see what's on the other side" was considered crazy. Had it not been for that guy, nobody would have known about Canada for another 20,000 yrs.
    Land bridge.

In XXX-er's defense, I prompted his Canada defense by prodding US/Canada relations and rise of populism up north, which I find fascinating.

New NY Times article on sneaking into Canada for recreation. Nothing that hasn't been said here. Sucks to be a dual citizen Canadian/American with US plates and an elderly family member in Calgary you want to visit.

https://nyti.ms/3abmXKs

Quote Originally Posted by uglymoney View Post

Also is Glademaster mtngirl in jeans?
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...welfare-fraud/

Or -

Glademaster reminds us of the horrors of a bitter empty soul.

Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    Land bridge.
    Current theory is they came by boat, and skipped Canada, which after all was covered by ice, for warmer, sunnier climes. People settled Canada because all the good places were already taken.

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    https://www.rollingstone.com/politic...St3jY_pT9BKOOs

The differences between poutine land and america from the perspective from Wade Davis the ethno-botanist AKA a guy who has done a lot of drugs and a good trashing in general
    From article, "When American friends ask for an explanation, I encourage them to reflect on the last time they bought groceries at their neighborhood Safeway. In the U.S. there is almost always a racial, economic, cultural, and educational chasm between the consumer and the check-out staff that is difficult if not impossible to bridge. In Canada, the experience is quite different. One interacts if not as peers, certainly as members of a wider community. The reason for this is very simple. The checkout person may not share your level of affluence, but they know that you know that they are getting a living wage because of the unions. And they know that you know that their kids and yours most probably go to the same neighborhood public school. Third, and most essential, they know that you know that if their children get sick, they will get exactly the same level of medical care not only of your children but of those of the prime minister. These three strands woven together become the fabric of Canadian social democracy."

Echoes what a lot of Canadian posters have already said. I support all of the above in the US, and I think the majority of Washington and Oregon citizens would agree. However, I still think above doesn't fully explain the difference in COVID between BC and WA/OR. I haven't been able to find firm stats, but my guess is that there are much more agriculture workers in WA than BC. BC lower mainland has more ag than Puget Sound but Yakima area, and the rest of Central Washington, crushes the BC Okanogan for ag production. I believe Yakima area is the second largest ag zone in the US to Central Valley of CA. COVID has been spreading quickly through migrant workers forced to live in crammed lodging throughout the world. This is a major factor in Washington's current COVID stats.

Edit to add, total ag exports in WA is $6.7 billion in 2018, in BC it was $3.5 billion in 2015 (which includes farmed salmon export, which BC is one of the largest producers on earth where as barely exists in WA and illegal in OR and CA). So this supports my theory that COVID is linked to number of ag workers in a particular area. WA and OR ag is lots of fruits and veggies, so very labor intensive ag.

I think the difference ^^ is the border which keeps out people with covid and people who would suck the cock of Doanald trump & believe covid is a hoax,

Populism is on the rise everywhere and those places seem to have the highest rates of covid

all that ice pushing down on the surface did wierd things to the earth, they have found caves now under water that were inhabited back in the day, for the FN the coast of BC would be a great place thousands of years ago a mild climate and so much food

In 2016 election, only 38% of Washington voted for Trump, 39% in Oregon (and will be much lower than that in November's election). There may be more Trump dick sucking and COVID is a hoax people in WA and OR than BC, but not that much.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    A girl--Hannah Watters, and a boy who chooses to remain anonymous.
    The young lady's Twitter handle is "ihateiceman"....Ice, something you wanna tell us????
    What we have here is an intelligence failure. You may be familiar with staring directly at that when shaving. .
    -Ottime
    One man can only push so many boulders up hills at one time.
    -BMillsSkier

Quote Originally Posted by altasnob View Post
    In 2016 election, only 38% of Washington voted for Trump, 39% in Oregon (and will be much lower than that in November's election). There may be more Trump dick sucking and COVID is a hoax people in WA and OR than BC, but not that much.
    who believes what is immaterial, the border is and will stay closed probably till next year or even longer is the difference

there is a huge " holly fuck look what the neighbors are doing " thing been going on thru the trump era and of course his lack of response to Covid

Fear and Loathing, a Rat Flu Odyssey

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    I used to throw rocks at the girl I liked, but I was 10.
    In 7th grade Roxanne Russom kicked me in the nuts during shop class. Hard. I later learned she wanted to hook up. Even at that young age, I figured she was dangerous. My buddy dated her a few years later and, yup, she was a psycho. But pretty hot tho.

Quote Originally Posted by altasnob View Post
    Sucks to be a dual citizen Canadian/American with US plates and an elderly family member in Calgary you want to visit.
    Yup. I'm going to have some time off next year and would like to visit my parents and sister in BC. But unless things change for the better I wouldn't be driving up for sure. And not sure I could handle a 2-week quarantine without being able to get outside regularly.

Apparently we aren't the only ones who can't keep from mixing up Covid 19 and BLM .
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...ge%2Fstory-ans
    FYI Leelanau is the pinky. Beautiful part of MI.