Page 1443 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 1438 1439 1440 1441 1442 1443 1444 1445 1446 1447 1448 ... LastLast
Results 36,051 to 36,075 of 41810
    Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Of 16 doctors in Congress only 2 are Democrats. Both from CA.
    17. You forgot Kim Schrier-D WA, a pediatrician who was able to flip a historically red district blue in 2018.

Quote Originally Posted by altasnob View Post
    17. You forgot Kim Schrier-D WA, a pediatrician who was able to flip a historically red district blue in 2018.
    Thanks for the correction. The web site I got that from listed her as Republican. I haven't checked for any other mistakes and don't plan to.
    She did graduate from Berkeley. That's California enough for me.

Quote Originally Posted by altasnob View Post
    Great lady and doctor. Was very surprised when she won our district. Had to pick a new PCP for our kids once she was elected.

They are gunning for her this year. with $$$$. Opponent will be an Ex Army Ranger who say's he only cares about the 1st and 2nd amendments. An Army ranger just beat a 5' tall woman to death for no reason so there's that.
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

Quote Originally Posted by wooley12 View Post
    An Army ranger just beat a 5' tall woman to death for no reason so there's that.
    I don’t know this story, and that’s terrible…. But didn’t she have a stick?
    focus.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/07/27/cdc-...hot-spots.html

Just in time for back to school and for the employers going back to the office. Seems like the CDC is taking the Delta variant pretty seriously.

I think masks for vaccinated people will be a hard sell. There's a pretty damn high overlap between anti-maskers and anti-vaxxers. I've started to hear sentiment along the lines of "these people didn't care about anyone but themselves for the past year and half, now you want us to protect them by wearing masks again?"

I'd put money on there being serious outbreaks in the evangelical communities in the south and the mormon areas of UT/ID, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevo View Post
    I think masks for vaccinated people will be a hard sell. There's a pretty damn high overlap between anti-maskers and anti-vaxxers. I've started to hear sentiment along the lines of "these people didn't care about anyone but themselves for the past year and half, now you want us to protect them by wearing masks again?"
    Hmm, you think? For me, masking up in indoors public spaces is so damn easy, it's a non-issue. And it's not just for those around you; a mask gives the wearer some amount of protection too, right? With delta on the rise, personally I have zero issue masking up...it's more for me than the unvaxxed.

Quote Originally Posted by Mustonen View Post
    I don’t know this story, and that’s terrible…. But didn’t she have a stick?
    Fuck you for making me laugh at tragedy like that

Quote Originally Posted by Kevo View Post
    https://www.cnbc.com/2021/07/27/cdc-...hot-spots.html

Just in time for back to school and for the employers going back to the office. Seems like the CDC is taking the Delta variant pretty seriously.

I'd put money on there being serious outbreaks in the evangelical communities in the south and the mormon areas of UT/ID, etc.
    Or worse yet.
    https://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2021...rnia-counties/

It seems that merely testing positive after a vax does not mean you are "sick" with Covid. When you look at the science as we know it at this time it's pretty simple IMO.

Name:  dbommask.jpg
Views: 529
Size:  22.0 KB

Quote Originally Posted by wooley12 View Post
    It seems that merely testing positive after a vax does not mean you are "sick" with Covid. When you look at the science as we know it at this time it's pretty simple IMO.

Name:  dbommask.jpg
Views: 529
Size:  22.0 KB
    Sadly, I may need one of those, if only to poke a finger in the eye of the Gadsen flag crowd.

Put together a group buy? Feeling the rain I have a feeling that masks are going to be En Vogue again for the fall season. My smile mask had the tellers laughing today at the bank.

Actually it's a better marketing slogan than Joe is coming up with. Simple truth.

ATLANTA—Admitting that she was caught off guard by the resurgent threat, CDC director Rochelle Wolensky expressed alarm Wednesday after Googling “Covid cases” for the first time in weeks. “Holy shit, I haven’t been checking in on the coronavirus because I thought we’d turned a corner, but damn, this looks really bad,” said Wolensky, holding up her phone for the press to show the rapidly escalating graphs of caseloads and deaths displayed on the search engine before asking if anyone else had seen this. “And the more I’m looking at this, does the Johnson & Johnson one have a different effect on the delta variant than the mRNA ones? Jesus, I see why I’ve been avoiding it now. This is just super depressing.” Wolensky added that she would probably ignore hospitalization data for the next month and hope things leveled off before her upcoming vacation to Hawaii.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    ATLANTA—Admitting that she was caught off guard by the resurgent threat, CDC director Rochelle Wolensky expressed alarm Wednesday after Googling “Covid cases” for the first time in weeks. “Holy shit, I haven’t been checking in on the coronavirus because I thought we’d turned a corner, but damn, this looks really bad,” said Wolensky, holding up her phone for the press to show the rapidly escalating graphs of caseloads and deaths displayed on the search engine before asking if anyone else had seen this. “And the more I’m looking at this, does the Johnson & Johnson one have a different effect on the delta variant than the mRNA ones? Jesus, I see why I’ve been avoiding it now. This is just super depressing.” Wolensky added that she would probably ignore hospitalization data for the next month and hope things leveled off before her upcoming vacation to Hawaii.
    Great to see CDC on the ball!

Is that for reall, or is it from The Onion?

... Thom
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music

Quote Originally Posted by galibier_numero_un View Post
    Is that for reall, or is it from The Onion?

... Thom
    Pretty sure it is. Benny likes posting these onionesque quotes. It wouldnt be out of the ordinary if it was Dump appointee

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

Breaking: COVID-19 just released a rare statement. "Thank you for not learning anything from the past 16 months. I really can't believe it's this easy to keep the pandemic going. See you at Sturgis!"

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by ticketchecker View Post
    Breaking: COVID-19 just released a rare statement. "Thank you for not learning anything from the past 16 months. I really can't believe it's this easy to keep the pandemic going. See you at Sturgis!"

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    COVID-19 followed up by saying: "I should clarify that the Delta variant is far more transmissible than other variants. The majority of the United States has likely already been exposed to COVID-19 as of today. Positive tests do not correlate with an increased hospitalization rate when compared to previous months. Finally, vaccinated individuals can test positive for COVID-19 but not experience symptoms."

Gotta be spoofed. Wolensky actually has a very good reputation.

Some of you don't follow The Onion and it shows.

What the fuck are we doing here? Back to masks?

Why is the death rate not plastered on the big screen all day like it was?

What's the end goal here? We aren't going to make Covid disappear. We as humans are going to get sick in our lifetime. If you're vaccinated and get covid, you may get a cold. Suck it up people.

Former head of FDA said Covid is here to stay and that he thinks the Delta has already swept through the country and CDC reports are off. People need to get vaxed or GTFO.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20210731-115222.png 
Views:	105 
Size:	219.1 KB 
ID:	381140

Huh.

Name:  Masks.jpg
Views: 546
Size:  82.4 KB
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Quote Originally Posted by Hott Butt Mud View Post
    What the fuck are we doing here? Back to masks?
    Yep, cheapest effective mitigation. And vaccines. And if that's not enough, we'll add the more costly ones, up to and including another stay at home order. Note the current government goal is to protect the healthcare system, not the citizens. You may choose to take additional precautions.

Why is the death rate not plastered on the big screen all day like it was?
    Give it a month or two. Cases aren't that high yet, and deaths follow cases 3 or 4 weeks behind. IMO, the current rate is too high. If cars killed 300 a day, people would be freaking, and unlike Covid, cars are useful.

What's the end goal here? We aren't going to make Covid disappear. We as humans are going to get sick in our lifetime. If you're vaccinated and get covid, you may get a cold. Suck it up people..
    CFR is nearly 2%. IFR is likely between 0.5 and 1. 1/10 that for the vaxxed. That works out to 200 or 300 thousand deaths if we all get vaxxed and pass Covid around to everyone. The death rate for the vaxxed is not like a cold, and far worse than than a bad flu. There's injuries and long Covid too, tbf flu has some too. End goal of making it disappear, like New Zealand or Taiwan or China or Australia sounds good to me. Maybe we have too much freedom for that.

I propose we all get vaxxed, and also not pass Covid around. Minority opinion perhaps.

Former head of FDA said Covid is here to stay and that he thinks the Delta has already swept through the country and CDC reports are off. People need to get vaxed or GTFO.
    Former FDA head is wrong. Cases would be falling if we'd all already had it. Covid may be here to stay. Should we all run out and catch it like a cold, or suppress it like tuberculosis? I plan to delay catching it as long as possible, hoping it goes away or becomes less deadly. I recognize our society currently allows folks to make other choices.

Covid hits the hazardous sweet spot between flu (some prevention effort), and polio (sufficient laws to eliminate it). Though Covid does exceed chicken pox... hmm. Will not be surprised if vaccination becomes mandatory.