Page 663 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 ... LastLast
Results 16,551 to 16,575 of 41810
    Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post
    Question for the medical professionals...
    Herd immunity for the covfefe is estimated to be 60-70%, right?
    And it’s highly contagious, right?

So why is herd immunity for measles so much higher - like 90-95%?
    I think R0 for measles is generally accepted to be well above 10. Way more contagious, in other words.

Quote Originally Posted by seano732 View Post
    I believe he got the ban hammer dropped from making “jokes” about gassing Jews.......
    How many Jews do you have to gas to get banned?

Too soon?

Sorry
    My bad
    . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    How many Jews do you have to gas to get banned?

Too soon?

Sorry
    My bad
    M[oronic]PPS

Failed state really? Ok the US has not had the best response as the admin thought it could hope it away but many western countries have worse death rates , the US is ninth, after pretty liberal countries like the Netherlands , Spain, France UK which all have gov't health care. Sometimes it seems that Americans cannot see anything in the world from other than weirdly negative US perspective, while the other 1/2 see it through a messed up weirdly optimistic perspective. It seems that everyone in the US is either a depressed EMO kid or a hyper positive blonde cheerleader with great tits.

Countries that did not follow the WHO like New Zealand did very well. I think Canada will look at failing in line with the WHO as a mistake early in the timeline.
    Mrs. Dougw- "I can see how one of your relatives could have been killed by an angry mob."

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    dougW, you motherfucking dirty son of a bitch.

Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    double secret contagious.
    FIFY

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    Lot of self loathing, USA hating /s Truths in that piece.
    Noam being Noam
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by DougW View Post
    Failed state really? Ok the US has not had the best response as the admin thought it could hope it away but many western countries have worse death rates , the US is ninth, after pretty liberal countries like the Netherlands , Spain, France UK which all have gov't health care. Sometimes it seems that Americans cannot see anything in the world from other than weirdly negative US perspective, while the other 1/2 see it through a messed up weirdly optimistic perspective. It seems that everyone in the US is either a depressed EMO kid or a hyper positive blonde cheerleader with great tits.

Countries that did not follow the WHO like New Zealand did very well. I think Canada will look at failing in line with the WHO as a mistake early in the timeline.
    Forget Covid 19, where the US is actually doing about the same as Europe as a whole as I pointed out earlier. Infant and maternal mortality, plutocratic wealth and income discrepancies, falling life expectancy (stable in the last year), large numbers of homeless in the major cities, decay of the industrial cities and hollowing out of the agricultural countryside, lack of adequate health care despite spending more than Europe for poorer outcomes. Deep, seemingly unreconciliable cultural and political differences. Racism. Endless wars.

There is much to love about the US. But to mindlessly assert that we are the greatest country on earth is to ignore all the things that are deeply wrong and getting wronger. If you love your country you want it do well, and if it's not you want it to do better--like your kids. For every problem we have there are countries that are doing it better. If we weren't so proud of ourselves we could learn something. And this is not something to blame on any political party. It's a lot deeper than that.

...but other then that, what has Rome done for us?

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    so deep that 12.5 k of over worded sad stokeless drival in a decade aint gonna fix it
    keep trying though
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

BUT yer suposed to lap that patriotic shit up, I duno how many movies i've seen where they got the flag flying in the back ground,
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Canadian dentist talking aboot Ontario racism eh
    https://www.aljazeera.com/indepth/fe...105843835.html

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    I did fire up my carptain America sup this weekend

great social distancing rig
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

yup its ^^ all over actualy, about a million FN in Canada

Pre-Covid the whole country was pretty much shut down when some of my Wetsuet'en neighbors blockaded the CN mainline, and then the Mohawks blockaded out east

Which has been entirely eclipsed by Covid, all the money given to people money to live ... the economy is taking a shit kicking
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Word.
    Sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Forget Covid 19, where the US is actually doing about the same as Europe as a whole as I pointed out earlier. Infant and maternal mortality, plutocratic wealth and income discrepancies, falling life expectancy (stable in the last year), large numbers of homeless in the major cities, decay of the industrial cities and hollowing out of the agricultural countryside, lack of adequate health care despite spending more than Europe for poorer outcomes. Deep, seemingly unreconciliable cultural and political differences. Racism. Endless wars.

There is much to love about the US. But to mindlessly assert that we are the greatest country on earth is to ignore all the things that are deeply wrong and getting wronger. If you love your country you want it do well, and if it's not you want it to do better--like your kids. For every problem we have there are countries that are doing it better. If we weren't so proud of ourselves we could learn something. And this is not something to blame on any political party. It's a lot deeper than that.
    I'm not saying that the US is well run by any means and has its priorities in the right places. But really a failed state. That is just over the top partisan BS. Its hard to tell from up here what is worse the Emo kids complaining about how every country is doing better and everything is wrong or the ones who think the US is the best at everything. You get the democracy that you deserve and from the outside you guys deserve the shit sandwich that you have. But listening Noam that can only lead to a bad case of ideology poisoning that just leads to the paralysis of partisan politics and a bad case of stupid.
    Mrs. Dougw- "I can see how one of your relatives could have been killed by an angry mob."

The Ars COVID-19 vaccine primer: 100-plus in the works, 8 in clinical trials
    https://arstechnica.com/science/2020...inical-trials/

Well written science journalism.
    Although with "Operation Warp Speed", only 14 candidates are relevant to the U.S. With Big Pharma companies being globalist multinationals, probably to the EU as well. Be surprising if any Chinese vaccines are included. And interesting to see a tech breakdown.

Just thought I’d note that France’s healthcare system is more private than ours.

Carry on.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

I'm not saying that the US is well run by any means and has its priorities in the right places. But really a failed state. That is just over the top partisan BS. Its hard to tell from up here what is worse the Emo kids complaining about how every country is doing better and everything is wrong or the ones who think the US is the best at everything. You get the democracy that you deserve and from the outside you guys deserve the shit sandwich that you have. But listening Noam that can only lead to a bad case of ideology poisoning that just leads to the paralysis of partisan politics and a bad case of stupid.
    So not to dis my US buddies and family but Doug if you look at some of the antics down south in just the last 4 years:
    - reality show host/multiple occasion bankrupt/misogynist/woman assaulter gets elected president by gaining fewer votes than the competition
    - electoral bounderies gerrymandered and voting regulations altered to assist in keeping people from voting in order to benefit GOP
    - foreign country has hand in disinformation campaign that can't be stopped by government agencies mandated to stop same

I could go on, but I don't think failed state is too far off the mark. Again, I don't mean to pick a fight with my southern friends but IMHO it's closer to the truth than over the top partisan BS. At least there's no way to go but up.
    “I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different.”
    ― Kurt Vonnegut, A Man Without a Country

www.mymountaincoop.ca

This is OUR mountain - come join us!

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    Just thought I’d note that France’s healthcare system is more private than ours.
    Carry on.
    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Knew it was a hybrid system but never heard of any Frenchie going BK do to health issues. In Canada the US health system is used as a bedtime story to give children nightmares just as the Canadian health system is used as a reason why single payer is so terrible. The Canadian system can't evolve in any way do to the horror stories about the US system.

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    I did fire up my carptain America sup this weekend

great social distancing rig
    Skiing. Or fishing.
    The bum has it going on.
    . . .

Quote Originally Posted by garyfromterrace View Post
    So not to dis my US buddies and family but Doug if you look at some of the antics down south in just the last 4 years:
    - reality show host/multiple occasion bankrupt/misogynist/woman assaulter gets elected president by gaining fewer votes than the competition
    - electoral bounderies gerrymandered and voting regulations altered to assist in keeping people from voting in order to benefit GOP
    - foreign country has hand in disinformation campaign that can't be stopped by government agencies mandated to stop same

I could go on, but I don't think failed state is too far off the mark. Again, I don't mean to pick a fight with my southern friends but IMHO it's closer to the truth than over the top partisan BS. At least there's no way to go but up.
    Yes their ranking in many indexes is pretty shitty , their democracy ranking is pretty low "flawed democracy" one up from Malta at 25th. Their ranking in social mobility is pretty low for a country whose legend is pulling up from the bottom. So yes "You get the democracy that you deserve and from the outside you guys deserve the shit sandwich that you have." So you will get no debate from me on the general situation but .... using BS partisan stuff like in the Noam art doesn't get them any closer to improving things. It just means 1/2 is in denial about how bad the situation is ( though they have beautiful teeth and great tits) and the other 1/2 who thinks everything sucks so much that they can't focus on anything to change that would actually make a difference.
    Last edited by DougW; 05-03-2020 at 06:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Forget Covid 19, where the US is actually doing about the same as Europe as a whole as I pointed out earlier.
    The two look similar today but the U.S. death rate has since overtaken the EU death rate. The EU had a big spike beginning in March due to Italy, Spain, and France (the U.K. too if we throw them in the mix) but the EU has since trended downwards while the U.S. continues to see between 25K-30K new cases a day.

The problem is as previous hot zones like NY, NJ, MI, LA began to cool new zones heat up to take their place. Unfortunately, America looks more like Brazil, India, and Russia because cases/deaths are either climbing or at a steady state rather than declining. For all the talk of a second wave in the fall, we're still riding the first wave.

The Financial Times has a geo-temporal chart showing our consistently high death toll relative to other regions:

https://www.ft.com/__origami/service...ext&width=1260

Yes their ranking in many indexes is pretty shitty , their democracy ranking is pretty low "flawed democracy" one up from Malta at 25th. Their ranking in social mobility is pretty low for a country that legend is pulling up from the bottom. So yes "You get the democracy that you deserve and from the outside you guys deserve the shit sandwich that you have." So you will get no debate from me on the general situation but .... using BS partisan stuff like in the Noam art doesn't get them any closer to improving things. It just means 1/2 is in denial about how bad the situation is ( though they have beautiful teeth and great tits) and the other 1/2 who thinks everything sucks so much that they can't focus on anything to change that would actually make a difference.
    No arguing against the beautiful teeth and great tits.
    Other than beautiful tits and great teeth.
    Move upside and let the man go through...

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    That's the second time (that I'm aware of) that you've posted that, but a quick check confirms that France does indeed have a national health insurance program and that the government pays 77% of all health costs, while we do not have similar insurance and the government pays 64% of all costs. On what metric do you base your claim?

Quote Originally Posted by MultiVerse View Post
    The two look similar today but the U.S. death rate has since overtaken the EU death rate. The EU had a big spike beginning in March due to Italy, Spain, and France (the U.K. too if we throw them in the mix) but the EU has since trended downwards while the U.S. continues to see between 25K-30K new cases a day.

The problem is as previous hot zones like NY, NJ, MI, LA began to cool new zones heat up to take their place. Unfortunately, America looks more like Brazil, India, and Russia because cases/deaths are either climbing or at a steady state rather than declining. For all the talk of a second wave in the fall, we're still riding the first wave.

The Financial Times has a geo-temporal chart showing our consistently high death toll relative to other regions:

https://www.ft.com/__origami/service...ext&width=1260
    Don't we, overall, have a much unhealthier population in the USA?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using TGR Forums mobile app