Page 567 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 ... LastLast
Results 14,151 to 14,175 of 41810
    Quote Originally Posted by plugboots View Post
    A Democrat would have held up the checks so his/her name could be on those checks?
    That was yet another ego-maniacal move by the orange shit gibbon, no doubt about it. However, I would be curious to know how many people are receiving an actual check in the mail versus direct deposit.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Shut the fuck up already
    That would bave been more succinct. I'll try to remember to use that in the future. Thanks for your input!

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    I do think the "let's get back to work" crowd has a useful purpose. The government needs to know how the electorate is dealing with this crisis. I think left to their own devices government has a tendency to be slow and cautious. Now maybe that's a good thing in this situation, but some nudging is also justified.
    Except that polls show that most people support keeping stay at orders in place. The protesters are a minority, but a visible and newsworthy one. Maybe the people who support stay at home should hold their own rallies. Oh wait.

Quote Originally Posted by ncskier View Post
    Since I don't have the ability to read minds and I trust what you are saying, I am merely pointing out this country is having it's "let them eat cake" moment. Whether or not the protests manifest peoples intentions correctly, in fact, many more are sitting home just scared as hell, I am going to have some sympathy for the silent Americans who I can deduce are probably suffering.
    Many of the posts here smack of elitism because you just can't understand working a tech job and having money how someone could be so "stupid" to want to risk their lives. Throw in Trump as some gasoline and it's an us vs them situation yet again.
    Just a sad situation.
    Agree it's a very sad situation, but our whole political atmosphere is a sad situation. But I don't think most of the people here criticizing the protesters do so in a smug or elitist way.

I do think it's obvious that the current administration is trying to further manipulate the electorate in exceedingly immoral ways. That's the crime and they are the Marie Antoinettes of the time.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Even no stock buybacks is really only hurting shareholders.
    Uhhh...you think the owners of companies that have been irresponsible should be protected from the outcome of those actions?

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Except that polls show that most people support keeping stay at orders in place. The protesters are a minority, but a visible and newsworthy one. Maybe the people who support stay at home should hold their own rallies. Oh wait.
    But the government needs to be aware that dissent is on the rise and people probably aren't going to tolerate staying at home for a whole lot longer.

It's probably also worth noting that I'm sure there were plenty of people who attempted to protest in a safe manner. Staying in their cars or otherwise socially distancing, wearing masks, etc. but these aren't the kinds of people the media is going to focus on. The guys on the steps of the capitol in Lansing holding rifles make for a much more interesting photo.

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    exceedingly immoral ways. That's the crime and they are the Marie Antoinettes of the time.
    Ivanka's weekend getaway (because Trump's golf course is a safer place to shelter than her home, which is just too big to control) should have been that moment. In any normal news cycle.

I was listening to Sirius Radio's physician channel that these days is devoted solely to COVID discussions.

They had a nurse practitioner as a segment host living in NYC. She reached out to a PhD nurse practitioner and an RN for her discussion segments, all of whom lived and worked in NYC. Both were bright. Unfortunately she did not appear to be. At one point, she was discussing the fact that she had only a mild case of COVID 19, and only needed Tylenol as her medication.

While still symptomatic, she decided she needed to "go out" to Target for a few things. Started bitching about the guys in line behind her who were not social distancing and making fun of her when she called them out. Her fucking response was, "I'll bet they didn't know they were standing next to a person with COVID."

Un-fucking believable. Someone in the health care profession, dealing with COVID patients, and makes this decision. No wonder NYC is infested, with both COVID and idiots.
    In order to properly convert this thread to a polyasshat thread to more fully enrage the liberal left frequenting here...... (insert latest democratic blunder of your choice).

Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    Uhhh...you think the owners of companies that have been irresponsible should be protected from the outcome of those actions?
    I mean no stock buybacks hurts me long term. not the dumb fucks who didn't "save" money for their company. I am a plebe, but the C suite of boeing will still find a way to have "retreats" in sun valley and jackson hole all on the corporate dime.

Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    That may be but you're delusional if you think a democratic administration would have handled the distribution of assistance any better.

The initial response to the virus is a different matter.
    all true. The initial response would have been much different, and the messaging would have been much different, but the distribution of aid would probably be just as fucked.

Different messaging would make a hudge difference here, because we're all in this together and staying at home is collective action for the greater good, for all of us, but that is completely lost on the protestors because that isn't the messaging they are getting with the stupid "LIBERATE" tweets.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by TNKen View Post
    Un-fucking believable. Someone in the health care profession, dealing with COVID patients, and makes this decision. No wonder NYC is infested, with both COVID and idiots.
    The expert halo is strong. Last time I rode a lift with anyone but my wife we were sitting next to a nurse friend who was telling us how unconcerned she was "because I'm a nurse." We waved from a safe distance and rode by ourselves the rest of the day.

Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    That was yet another ego-maniacal move by the orange shit gibbon, no doubt about it. However, I would be curious to know how many people are receiving an actual check in the mail versus direct deposit.
    Sounds like 171M qualified. 80M were sent direct deposit. So 91M signed by Cheetolini.

I mean no stock buybacks hurts me long term. not the dumb fucks who didn't "save" money for their company. I am a plebe, but the C suite of boeing will still find a way to have "retreats" in sun valley and jackson hole all on the corporate dime.
    Oh I fully agree. And golden parachutes should be invalidated any time the shareholders get wiped out, but the shareholders are the ones allowing those contracts in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    Ivanka's weekend getaway (because Trump's golf course is a safer place to shelter than her home, which is just too big to control) should have been that moment. In any normal news cycle.
    No genius, it was Nancy Pelosi showing off her expensive ice cream collection in her one of two 20,000 dollar refrigerator freezers.

Small business fund runs dry while much of the money went to big hotel and restaurant chains, not small businesses.
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/busin...s-program-dry/

Re the Feds seizing PPE https://www.latimes.com/politics/sto...virus-supplies
    The reporting on this seems to be 2 weeks old, so hard to know if it's still going on.

Shutdown protests definitely not politically motivated.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    But the government needs to be aware that dissent is on the rise and people probably aren't going to tolerate staying at home for a whole lot longer.
    The best signal for discontent isn’t protesting ​its spending fucking money “Opening back up” doesn’t mean shit if nobody’s spending enough money for places to open.

Quote Originally Posted by TNKen View Post
    While still symptomatic, she decided she needed to "go out" to Target for a few things. Started bitching about the guys in line behind her who were not social distancing and making fun of her when she called them out. Her fucking response was, "I'll bet they didn't know they were standing next to a person with COVID."
    I think the most effective way to manage COVID is for anyone with any symptoms, including just a fever, to self-quarantine. There are obvious issues like pre-or-asymptomatic carriers, lack of sick leave, or dumbasses, but just staying home slows the spread enough for the health care system to get by. Then social distancing, maybe masks too, makes lockdowns unnecessary. Unfortunately we'd rather beggar-our-neighbour than cooperate.

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    The best signal for discontent isn’t protesting ​its spending fucking money “Opening back up” doesn’t mean shit if nobody’s spending enough money for places to open.
    I think it was Deeb in this thread pointing to Sweden's response as a road map for how to do things going forward. thing is, Swedes aren't going out and acting like it's business as usual, even though their economy is more or less "open for business". I read somewhere that movie attendance is down like 95% and going out to eat is down like 80%. Point being, sure we could open up here, but would most folks behave like the Swedes here? Stay home regardless?
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

Name:  grim reaper.jpg
Views: 1356
Size:  129.4 KB

Quote Originally Posted by MultiVerse View Post
    I think the most effective way to manage COVID is for anyone with any symptoms, including just a fever, to self-quarantine. There are obvious issues like pre-or-asymptomatic carriers, lack of sick leave, or dumbasses, but just staying home slows the spread enough for the health care system to get by. Then social distancing, maybe masks too, makes lockdowns unnecessary. Unfortunately we'd rather beggar-our-neighbour than cooperate.
    Yep. So, dumb ass NP stands beside me, goes into a hacking fit and somehow I manage prove she infected me. I somehow manage to die.

What are the repercussions to her? Get sued by my survivors? Involuntary manslaughter? Lose her license to practice? Can I whip out my .44 Mag and dust her for assault with a deadly weapon?

Don't forget it is a crime to knowingly have unprotected intercourse with someone while infected with an STD or AIDS in most states. Why is this different?
    In order to properly convert this thread to a polyasshat thread to more fully enrage the liberal left frequenting here...... (insert latest democratic blunder of your choice).

Nice @2bjenny

I've gotta say ...

I can usually visualize the path out of complex situations like these even if the outcome is negative. For CV19, I just can't wrap my head around all of the moving parts and uncertainly of their direction. Hurts my brain.

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    The best signal for discontent isn’t protesting ​its spending fucking money .
    But how can you spend money on a business that's closed?

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    The minority is visible but very small. The news is Denver reported the protest here was “hundreds and hundreds” of people. If you look at the videos, it’s more like 80 people. Just ignore these fucking idiots!