Page 1601 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 1596 1597 1598 1599 1600 1601 1602 1603 1604 1605 1606 ... LastLast
Results 40,001 to 40,025 of 41810

Fear and Loathing, a Rat Flu Odyssey

Welp, woke up this morning feeling like shit and just had a positive rapid test. Not surprising considering I just spent the weekend flying to Ohio and going to a college graduation and associated parties.

Sucks but at least I work from home and don't have too much going on right now.

Crossing my fingers that my symptoms stay mild.

Quote Originally Posted by snowaddict91 View Post
    Welp, woke up this morning feeling like shit and just had a positive rapid test. Not surprising considering I just spent the weekend flying to Ohio and going to a college graduation and associated parties.

Sucks but at least I work from home and don't have too much going on right now.

Crossing my fingers that my symptoms stay mild.
    Was there any masking on the flights?

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    Was there any masking on the flights?
    Maybe 5% or less, and my wife and I didn't mask.

Woke up to a sore throat and cough. Positive rapid test. Just had rotator cuff surgery three days ago so I wasn’t going anywhere. But what a kick in the balls.

Quote Originally Posted by altacoup View Post
    Woke up to a sore throat and cough. Positive rapid test. Just had rotator cuff surgery three days ago so I wasn’t going anywhere. But what a kick in the balls.
    I'll raise a shot of nyquil to us both having mild symptoms and recovering quickly.

I’m more concerned how coughing causes me pain in my shoulder than Covid getting worse. Healthy, young, double vaxed and boosted. There’s no way to never get this thing. Glad I took the precautions to virtually ensure it’ll just be a cold. At least I was already planning on being away from work. If I would’ve got it before surgery, further delaying my recovery, that would’ve really pissed me off

Just got through covid for the third time. Easier than 1 and 2. Symptoms came on fast and exited fast. Biggest issue was a sore throat, serious for about two days. First couple of rapid tests didn't catch it but kept testing since I was going to be around older people (masked). Pretty sure I picked it up in Edmonton where the mask rate is about 1/5 of Montreal and people are piling into crowded restaurants. Good times!
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Quote Originally Posted by ex-powderbroker View Post
    Just got through covid for the third time. Easier than 1 and 2. Symptoms came on fast and exited fast. Biggest issue was a sore throat, serious for about two days. First couple of rapid tests didn't catch it but kept testing since I was going to be around older people (masked). Pretty sure I picked it up in Edmonton where the mask rate is about 1/5 of Montreal and people are piling into crowded restaurants. Good times!
    Oof. Tabernak!

Worst sore throat I’ve ever had, but cough is gone. But then again I almost never get sick so I’m probably being a baby. I’m sure the fact that I was put under general anesthesia this week hasn’t helped at all.

hang in there, with any luck tomorrow the sore throat will be gone.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

If you were intubated, I expect much of the sore throat is associated with that.

I was intubated. Initially thought she that and cough was due to that. But testing showed otherwise. I think I’ve quadrupled my lifetime ricola intake in the last two days.

Finally feeling better today. Man that really sucked. Worst sore throat of my life, never has a fever but felt feverish sweaty and cold. Can’t imagine how bad it would’ve been if I wasn’t vaxed. Odd thing by is my dad just got it a few days ago to, parents have been locked down tight until recently. He’s 71 and has a rare super slow developing form of leukemia (doctors aren’t even treating it and tell him other natural causes will provably kill him before the leukemia) and he notoriously gets every cold where as I never get sick. Well he’s doing better than I did, granted he got on paxlovid quick. But my girlfriend is basically having the same horrible symptoms I had and she got paxlovid due to being asthmatic. Goes to show you never know how this thing is going to hit you.

I know an aviy tech who named his dog Riccola so he could yell the name in the mtns just like in the TV ad
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by altacoup View Post
    Finally feeling better today. Man that really sucked. Worst sore throat of my life, never has a fever but felt feverish sweaty and cold. Can’t imagine how bad it would’ve been if I wasn’t vaxed. Odd thing by is my dad just got it a few days ago to, parents have been locked down tight until recently. He’s 71 and has a rare super slow developing form of leukemia (doctors aren’t even treating it and tell him other natural causes will provably kill him before the leukemia) and he notoriously gets every cold where as I never get sick. Well he’s doing better than I did, granted he got on paxlovid quick. But my girlfriend is basically having the same horrible symptoms I had and she got paxlovid due to being asthmatic. Goes to show you never know how this thing is going to hit you.
    Good to know people are actually getting paxlovid.

Cases are ramping back up at DD's high school... Just in time for prom!
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

It seems to be all over in Seattle. I know a lot of people in separate groups who have covid. Also at least sixty in my kids elementary in the last two weeks.

Did you all see the tally from the White House press corps dinner party?

I appreciate that covid has been stressful enough to some that all they can do is try to make jokes about it ;
    there's also some really Good Information - particularly in the Vaccination thread.

The best joke I have this morning is the outcome of last night's Celtics / Bucks game -

all I am going to say is that series isn't over until one team wins four games.

( contrast that with Golden State's lack of effort last night -
    GS may win that series ; a d
    I do not believe they deserve to (win) )

Fear and loathing - skiJ

161k cases yesterday which is probably more like 300-400k...

Mrs Jong shared an elevator yesterday with someone at work who tested positive today. She wasn't wearing her mask...

wouldn't skiing this weekend but the only way up and down the mountain is Gondy or Tram. If I go I'll bring my N95 for the rides. Although I'm more concerned about the crowds of people than the crowds of virus.

let’s make a few turns
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Ya I remember when they were saying elevators weren't long enough exposure to worry about back in the pre Delta days.. But Omicron probably LOVES packed elevators..

if I ride the funi with old goat I’m going to fart and blame him
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.