Page 775 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 ... LastLast
Results 19,351 to 19,375 of 41810
    It seems based on existing research that these have potential to take the edge off and keep the virus from doing worse harm.

Give or take 2000 iu vitamin d, 1000iu vitamin c (or more) n-acetylecysteine 1000mg, quercetin 1600mg, zinc 30 mg. Fisetin 60mg isn't a bad idea either.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

There's no "missing link" or "miracle cure" until a vaccine is developed. Life isn't the Da Vinci code.

We can no longer bring our own bags into the grocery store.

My solution is to just put everything back into the cart and transfer the food into bags at the car.

Aside from looking like you stole your food it works well.

Quote Originally Posted by The Tortoise View Post
    We can no longer bring our own bags into the grocery store.

My solution is to just put everything back into the cart and transfer the food into bags at the car.

Aside from looking like you stole your food it works well.
    Aldi. Those dang Europeans. It all goes back in the cart and you go bag on your own time. No Aldi up here in the PRVT yet, I've just been in them in Germany and Spain. Don't go in Lidl, it sucks. Edeka is the good one.

NH banned reusable grocery bags back in March

Quote Originally Posted by wooley12 View Post
    Had the Monday Zoom with my sibs, Ft Collins and Saratoga are mask mandatory with high compliance. Masked customers in Stewart's gave some shit to a maskless 35 y o lady walked in on her way to Lake George. OTOH the non mask crowd in the PNW is a militant bunch. Wa's gov just said "please"
    Yea, just got back from a few days in the Adirondacks, red/purple country. 100% compliance with masks. A few tucking their mouths under their t-shirts, but that was about it.
    I credit the Governor for getting the message across loud and clear. Thank you Governor!
    Gimme five, I'm still alive!
    Ain't no luck, I learned to duck!

I haven't been in an actual store in months (besides the liquor store). We've been ordering our groceries online and having them deliver them to the car. It's ok, and getting better, but there's been some funny mishaps. Wife ordered ginger root. We got the biggest fucking piece of ginger I've ever seen, like the size of three baby legs. Also, there's always a list a few pages long of what they didn't have or what they subbed. Good luck putting together a recipe in one trip. Oh, and we just accept the plastic bags thing for now. Employees wear a mask, they already had one outbreak.
    Wife prefers Whole Foods because she says they have a better cleaning process and don't fund groceries from farms that refuse to prevent rape or something like that.... and they have the best veganaise apparently.

Yep. We can do same day pickup at HyVee. Just need 4 hours notice or so. If you want it in 2 hours it is $10. We gave up on Wal Mart grocery. They are like 5 days out and after a couple great experiences it became a laughavke clusterfuck every other time we did it. HyVee gives you a million plastic bags and subs or is out of stuff as well a lot of times. Oh well. Better than going in. I just put a sign on our window with my name on it and the load my trunk for free.

Have not bought beer in a store for 2 months. Curbside beer cans at pick your local brewery. Fresher and almost the sa.e price as the grocery stores.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by uglymoney View Post
    Have not bought beer in a store for 2 months. Curbside beer cans at pick your local brewery. Fresher and almost the sa.e price as the grocery stores.
    I have a lifetime supply of free craft beer, and almost that for whiskey, but sometimes even I get desperate or want to switch it up. Good on you for supporting your local craft brewery!

Quote Originally Posted by huckbucket View Post
    Scott Gottlieb, former head of the FDA has been working with the American Enterprise Institute to pull together county-level testing data in order to develop what they call a "Local Risk Index" or LRI. It appears to be primarily driven off of the total number of tests conducted per week and the positivity rate reported.

https://www.aei.org/covid-2019-action-tracker/
    Kind of a weird map. Seems questionable at best. Lots of areas with no data and tons of the counties have very few tests.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Kind of a weird map. Seems questionable at best. Lots of areas with no data and tons of the counties have very few tests.
    The AEI?
    I’d take any publication from them with a huge grain of salt as aggressively pro business and not pro public health

Name:  supreme.jpg
Views: 547
Size:  65.8 KB
    Bunny Don't Surf

Have you seen a one armed man around here?

Quote Originally Posted by St. Jerry View Post
    Yea, just got back from a few days in the Adirondacks, red/purple country. 100% compliance with masks. A few tucking their mouths under their t-shirts, but that was about it.
    I credit the Governor for getting the message across loud and clear. Thank you Governor!
    Did you see these guys?

Quote Originally Posted by HotWax View Post
    All you healthy people can stop wearing masks. The obviously bullshit narrative that perfectly healthy people (asymptomatic) are infecting people through the air has been disproven: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/32405162/

Masks do only harm and no good for healthy people. They reduce your oxygen intake while creating a disgusting surface for bacteria and viruses to thrive and then spread when you take your mask on and off. This doesn't even take into account the psychological detriments. Please stop wearing them. ESPECIALLY OUTDOORS!
    Did a 4th grader conduct and write that report?

fuck off troll -> hotwax

"new" account to post in covid-only threads

how's the weather in mother russia today, comrade?

best to look an idiot than open your mouth and remove all doubt.

you've definitely removed all doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by HotWax View Post
    We need to start shaming and ridiculing people wearing masks that shouldn't be. You're only causing harm and you look like total idiots.
    Then how to do you explain the CDC still advocating for wearing masks? At some point it may be proven that mask usage doesn't help, but I sure don't think we're there yet.
    https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...ace-cover.html
    https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...coverings.html

Please stop quoting that numbnut.

They looked at 455 contacts of 1--let me repeat that--1 person who was an asymptomatic carrier. We do not know what protective measures were in place at the time of contacts, except for ER personnel, who were wearing masks and other PPE. If other contacts or the patient were also wearing masks the study might in fact demonstrate the effectiveness of masks.

Even if we assume that asymptomatic people cannot spread the virus, are you willing to bet your life on symptomatic people never going out in public? I'm sure you are; most of us are not.

Masks do not reduce your oxygen intake. They may slightly increase the work of breathing. Having worn a mask continuously for as long as 12 hours I can tell you that the increased work is insignificant. Viruses cannot replicate in a mask. They can only replicate in living cells. Bacteria might be able to replicate in an exceptionally dirty mask filled with snot or sputum--these are the bacteria that are already living in you. If there is virus in the mask then you are already infected in which case you are right the mask does no good. If there is virus on the outside of the mask better there than in your lungs. I agree that wearing a mask outdoors is unnecessary, unless you are in prolonged close contact with other people, or unless you have hay fever.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    Then how to do you explain the CDC still advocating for wearing masks? At some point it may be proven that mask usage doesn't help, but I sure don't think we're there yet.
    https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...ace-cover.html
    https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...coverings.html
    I'm going to throw out a wild ass assumption that, since doctors caring for covid patients wear masks and are in constant contact with the virus, that the suggestion to wear masks prolly won't be rolled back.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    If there is virus in the mask then you are already infected in which case you are right the mask does no good.
    Clarification?
    Does no good for the infected person - protects the fuck out of others not infected.

Agreed. That "study" sucks and nothing can be learned from it, other than how not to conduct a meaningful study.
    Daniel Ortega eats here.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post

Masks do not reduce your oxygen intake.
    Wrong. Countless studies disagree with you.

http://scielo.isciii.es/pdf/neuro/v19n2/3.pdf

https://news.stanford.edu/2020/04/14...19-face-masks/

Having worn a mask continuously for as long as 12 hours
    Ahh that explains it.

If I had a dollar for every time someone has told me they're refusing to wear a mask "because I'm more worried about giving myself carbon monoxide poisoning than I am about some stupid virus," I would have enough money for a couple nice six packs of beer.

I wish I was kidding.

Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    If I had a dollar for every time someone has told me they're refusing to wear a mask "because I'm more worried about giving myself carbon monoxide poisoning than I am about some stupid virus," I would have enough money for a couple nice six packs of beer.

I wish I was kidding.
    If they are expelling CO they've got bigger things to worry about than COVID-19.