Page 762 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 ... LastLast
Results 19,026 to 19,050 of 41810
    Quote Originally Posted by smmokan View Post
    Yep, I've been saying this for a while now... why is it not a thing, anywhere (other than the odd store setting aside an hour a week for shopping)? It's not hard to see that old folks, fat people, and sick people are particularly susceptible to this disease, while the rest of the population is relatively safe from harm.
    Whole Foods and Targets in Denver are doing this. 1st hour everyday for older people, right after it’s been cleaned. Should be more widespread...agree.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Right? I want my trails back please, not covered up with the entire population of possibly-infected Atlanta who, thanks to the rona, just discovered there’s mountains a short drive north.

Thankfully the trout stream and lake was empty.

But I get it about us not staying home. We went to an empty lake house and played in the water all weekend. I hear the rona is not a strong swimmer.

Yeah now you’re pointing at him. No - you’re not mad at him - you recognize him. It’s like “Hey you - I know you! I know you!”

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    And she has a pretty serious funky shoe fetish,

even her own signature shoe

https://www.victoriabuzz.com/2020/04...rences-photos/
    Did she steal those from the wardrobe locker of The Wizard of Oz?

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    North of Asheville? Ok then, keep pressing north people!

That’s exactly the scene I saw last weekend. Spots where I would usually not see a car for miles had convoys blocking the windy two lane roads up for miles. It’s never been like this. Wtf people?

Thankfully we’re headed to the beach this weekend. So we’ll see how social distanced our normally quiet stretch of sand is. I’ll bring the super soaker to shoot anyone who gets too close.
    so you are going to 30A after all? enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by smmokan View Post
    Yep, I've been saying this for a while now... why is it not a thing, anywhere (other than the odd store setting aside an hour a week for shopping)? It's not hard to see that old folks, fat people, and sick people are particularly susceptible to this disease, while the rest of the population is relatively safe from harm.
    Consider these kinds of reports:
    Quote Originally Posted by goldenboy View Post
    Same guy (Jay) and some others talk about their recovery here: http://crestedbuttenews.com/2020/05/...s-of-covid-19/
    It's a disservice to claim that the rest of the population is safe from harm.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Went out to get lunch today. Noticed a brewpub was serving people inside. Turns out SD got approved to resume dine in at restaurants, with restrictions, starting today.

New observations about kids. The last paragraph describes a bigger study to further understand child infection and transmission which also can provide information about potential therapeutics for others that are infected

https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jam...rticle/2766522

New guidance from the CDC today. You know, those guys. Grain of salt? Set in stone? Wish the CDC had a little more credibility these days. Regardless ....

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...s.html#table-2

- About 1/3 of COVID-19 infections are asymptomatic.
    - 40% of transmission is occurring before people feel sick.
    - Time from exposure to symptom onset: ~6 days on average

Case fatality rates for COVID-19+ patients with symptoms:
    - 0.4% overall
    - 1.3% for age 65+
    - 0.2% for age 50-64

Current data indicates that the virus is clearly dangerous for the middle-aged.
    - Best estimate: 4.5% of those age 50-64 with symptoms require hospitalization
    - 29% of them require ICU admission
    - 80% of them need ventilator, on average for almost week.

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    You realize they're probably all saying the same thing as you?
    Right? I told my buddy how covered it was when we got in and he said good luck bitching to anyone when your plates say Fulton County, city boy.

Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post
    Yeah now you’re pointing at him. No - you’re not mad at him - you recognize him. It’s like “Hey you - I know you! I know you!”
    Lol, I can’t see that picture and not hear those words in my head.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mike View Post
    so you are going to 30A after all? enjoy.
    HHI, as soon as these slowpokes get in the car. Me and the dog have been ready since sunup.
    I still call it The Jake.

Can HCQ just go away now please.

https://marlin-prod.literatumonline....3620311806.pdf

significant increase in death (~35%)
    >2-fold increase of serious heart arrhythmias
    ~96,000 patients
    ~15,000 on HCQ or CQ from 671 hospitals, 6 continents

Not just a matter of "what do you have to lose." Increase of death among HCQ of CQ treated patients cannot be directly attributed to the *2-5 fold increase* in ventricular tachycardia (a malignant arrhythmia) is playing some role.

Notably, these patients received chloroquine or hydroxychloroquine within 48 hours of diagnosis, and patients on mechanical ventilation were excluded. So these patients got treatment early enough and they were not critically ill patients as some complained.

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    If they're going to be dicks make them wear body condoms.
    Bahahahaha

I figured this would start happening. From Vox:

A urologist in Florida, who requested anonymity because of fear of losing his job, tells Vox he had his first patient refuse to wear a mask on May 13. The doctor works at a private clinic, which recently instituted a policy requiring all patients to wear a mask while in the building to minimize transmission of the virus. The patient was given a mask at the front desk, but refused to put it on.

“The nurse asked him to put his mask on if he wanted to be seen,” the urologist said. “He got verbally aggressive with her, saying he had a right not to wear a mask, and that we were denying his constitutional rights.” The clinic manager was summoned to speak with the patient, and explained that the mask was to protect both him and the medical staff. “He continued to refuse, so the administration asked him to leave.”

At that point, the patient called 911 to complain he was being denied medical care. “We’re a private property, not an emergency room,” the urologist said. “We’re not required to treat him, and he was not having an acute emergency. I think he just had a very poor understanding of what his rights were.”

rights come with responsibilities.... lottsa folks that spout off about the first part forget about the second part.

Quote Originally Posted by m2711c View Post
    rights come with responsibilities.... lottsa folks that spout off about the first part forget about the second part.
    Lots of former libertarians becoming fascio-anarchists lately. A friend recently shared his personal view that since no one takes any responsibility for anything anyway it just doesn't matter anymore. While he's melting down about the economy--maybe the most delicate thing an organized society builds on the basis of rule of law, rights and responsibilities. People be losing their shit.

Quote Originally Posted by huckbucket View Post
    Can HCQ just go away now please.

https://marlin-prod.literatumonline....3620311806.pdf

significant increase in death (~35%)
    >2-fold increase of serious heart arrhythmias
    ~96,000 patients
    ~15,000 on HCQ or CQ from 671 hospitals, 6 continents

Not just a matter of "what do you have to lose." Increase of death among HCQ of CQ treated patients cannot be directly attributed to the *2-5 fold increase* in ventricular tachycardia (a malignant arrhythmia) is playing some role.

Notably, these patients received chloroquine or hydroxychloroquine within 48 hours of diagnosis, and patients on mechanical ventilation were excluded. So these patients got treatment early enough and they were not critically ill patients as some complained.
    Spats would like a word with those folks to set them straight...

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    I drove up from Maryland to Massachusetts on Sunday. In both states the governors (both happen to be Republicans in very blue states) instituted mask requirements to enter any business and I have seen zero pushback from anyone or even heard of any. My daughter was briefly in upstate NY (Plattsburgh area) on the way to VT the same day and stopped for gas and she said nobody was wearing masks but the second they got in VT everyone was.
    I can tell you that there are a few people in the people's republic of vermont that aren't wearing masks. it has to be said that there are virtually no cases of the virus in clinton county new york (plattsburgh) and in chittenden county (burlington) in vermont has half the cases and deaths for the entire state of vermont

low density areas have completely different dynamics for the spread than urban areas

A urologist in Florida, who requested anonymity because of fear of losing his job, tells Vox he had his first patient refuse to wear a mask on May 13. The doctor works at a private clinic, which recently instituted a policy requiring all patients to wear a mask while in the building to minimize transmission of the virus. The patient was given a mask at the front desk, but refused to put it on.

“The nurse asked him to put his mask on if he wanted to be seen,” the urologist said. “He got verbally aggressive with her, saying he had a right not to wear a mask, and that we were denying his constitutional rights.” The clinic manager was summoned to speak with the patient, and explained that the mask was to protect both him and the medical staff. “He continued to refuse, so the administration asked him to leave.”

At that point, the patient called 911 to complain he was being denied medical care. “We’re a private property, not an emergency room,” the urologist said. “We’re not required to treat him, and he was not having an acute emergency. I think he just had a very poor understanding of what his rights were.”
    There are "Karens" on both sides, it would seem.

dude was probably on medicare or medicaid for insurance. laughing my ass off

An anti-malaria drug promoted by the president may be harmful when taken to treat the virus.
    The malaria drugs hydroxychloroquine and chloroquine, which President Trump has promoted, did not help coronavirus patients and may have done harm, according to a new study based on the records of nearly 15,000 patients who received the drugs and 81,000 who did not.

People who received the drugs were more likely to have abnormal heart rhythms, according to the study, which was published in the The Lancet. They were also more likely to die...
    https://www.nytimes.com/2020/05/22/u...e-updates.html

Quote Originally Posted by frorider View Post
    I figured this would start happening. From Vox:
    If he called 911 in Sacramento about 8 firefighters, EMT's and LEO would have shown up--none of them wearing masks.

The Four Freedoms 2020 style

Freedom to discriminate
    Freedom to hate
    Freedom to threaten public officials
    Freedom to murder

Do you ^^ believe a guy who has told 15000 documented lies in the last 3 years when he tells you he is taking antimalaria drugs ?
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by Vox View Post
    "The nurse asked him to put his mask on if he wanted to be seen,” the urologist said. “He got verbally aggressive with her, saying he had a right not to wear a mask, and that we were denying his constitutional rights.” The clinic manager was summoned to speak with the patient, and explained that the mask was to protect both him and the medical staff. “He continued to refuse, so the administration asked him to leave.”
    And the diagnosis was

"Anyway, I don't wanna sound like a dick or nothing, but it says on your chart you're fucked up. Uh, you talk like a fag, and your shit's all retarded."

Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post
    Did she steal those from the wardrobe locker of The Wizard of Oz?
    how about that pair with 6 buckles we all need ski boots like that

She is a maritimer which gives the voice a lilt and if you hear her talk Bonnie Henry is just the most level headed most soothing person to run a pandemic so people seem to do what she sez willingly , we are lucky to have her
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Church opens, recloses 2 weeks later following corona cases.
    Matthew 18:20 presenting some difficulties at the moment.
    "For where two or three are gathered together in my name, I am there among them."
    Sitting 6 feet apart, door open, and other measures wasn't enough
    https://www.ledger-enquirer.com/news/coronavirus/article242850311.html

Reopening looks challenging. Bummer if this church's experience is more than exceptionally rare.
    10/01/2012 Site was upgraded to 300 baud.

Quote Originally Posted by LongShortLong View Post
    Church opens, recloses 2 weeks later following corona cases.
    Matthew 18:20 presenting some difficulties at the moment.

Sitting 6 feet apart, door open, and other measures wasn't enough
    https://www.ledger-enquirer.com/news/coronavirus/article242850311.html

Reopening looks challenging. Bummer if this church's experience is more than exceptionally rare.
    thoughts and prayers and probably a couple ventilators

Name:  download.jpeg
Views: 503
Size:  5.4 KB