Page 1070 of 1149 FirstFirst ... 1065 1066 1067 1068 1069 1070 1071 1072 1073 1074 1075 ... LastLast
Results 26,726 to 26,750 of 28705
  1. #26726
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Southeast New York
    Posts
    7,769
    Quote Originally Posted by bodywhomper View Post
    I can’t remember if I mentioned it yet, but at least 2 pediatricians in my area are no longer conducting or recommending tests for kids (including teens) that have mild symptoms.
    WTF?!?

  2. #26727
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Meiss Meadows
    Posts
    1,493
    Quote Originally Posted by The Artist Formerly Known as Leavenworth Skier View Post
    I've seen a handful of these in my hood:
    Attachment 340682
    No electioneering materials in the polls. They would be told to reverse it, with the printing on the mouth side.

  3. #26728
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    In a van... down by the river
    Posts
    5,764
    Quote Originally Posted by powdrhound View Post
    No electioneering materials in the polls. They would be told to reverse it, with the printing on the mouth side.
    So when will we start seeing the reports of MAGorans assaulting poll workers that won't let them in to vote?

  4. #26729
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    2,921
    Sounds more Karen than Trumptards. They both suck.

  5. #26730
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    EWA
    Posts
    18,123
    Quote Originally Posted by The Artist Formerly Known as Leavenworth Skier View Post
    I've seen a handful of these in my hood:
    Attachment 340682
    so NOW they're going to start wearing masks?
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis


    Kindness is a bridge between all people

    Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

  6. #26731
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Portland by way of Bozeman
    Posts
    3,193
    Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    I don't get it. Maybe a couple of hours max. In 1st class with a window seat. But not seven in cattle class with a high likelihood of no window. Sounds like hell and a good way to catch covid-19, with no gain.
    Hey, I didn't say I would or that I liked the idea. Only that I could see the how/why.

    Quote Originally Posted by The Artist Formerly Known as Leavenworth Skier View Post
    Right?

    I've always tolerated flying as a means to end. No way I'd willingly ride on a commercial airliner for 7 hours with no destination.
    Same. Flying with humanity is an exercise in hopelessness as you witness the ineptitude of the mouth-breathing masses.

    Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    Exactly. Unless it was super deluxe A number 1 first class with a lounge and only my friends. And hookers and blow.
    This

    Quote Originally Posted by The Artist Formerly Known as Leavenworth Skier View Post

    Looking out a tiny plexiglass porthole with a million scratches and often condensation from a crappy bus seat in a giant commercial jet where I'm breathing everyone's lung air for 7 hours? Meh.
    Empirically, the air in an airliner, while recycled, is typically cleaner than air in one's own home due to all the filtration required.

  7. #26732
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    In the swamp
    Posts
    7,926

    Fear and Loathing, a Rat Flu Odyssey

    Quote Originally Posted by The Artist Formerly Known as Leavenworth Skier View Post
    I've seen a handful of these in my hood:
    Attachment 340682
    All that ‘tard had to do was push these out in March, say this thing is serious and wearing a mask is the patriotic thing to do. We’d been in much better shape now, and he’d be a shoe-in for re-election.

  8. #26733
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    truckee
    Posts
    14,476
    Quote Originally Posted by bodywhomper View Post
    I can’t remember if I mentioned it yet, but at least 2 pediatricians in my area are no longer conducting or recommending tests for kids (including teens) that have mild symptoms.
    Gym friend of my wife (zoom classes) says she was having respiratory symptoms so she calls her doctor of long standing. They tell her to go somewhere else. No specific recommendation, just somewhere else.

  9. #26734
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    5,523
    Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Gym friend of my wife (zoom classes) says she was having respiratory symptoms so she calls her doctor of long standing. They tell her to go somewhere else. No specific recommendation, just somewhere else.
    I can’t help but think that they are intentionally doing this to cook the books of the county.

  10. #26735
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Keep Tacoma Feared
    Posts
    1,368
    Qantas 7-hour scenic flight to nowhere gets booked in minutes.

    Australia is one of the most climate change affected countries on earth. I'm surprised the anti-climate change folks in Oz aren't up in arms about this. Flying is pretty much the worse activity humans do environmentally speaking.

  11. #26736
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Depends on the time of year
    Posts
    31
    Quote Originally Posted by altasnob View Post
    Qantas 7-hour scenic flight to nowhere gets booked in minutes.

    Australia is one of the most climate change affected countries on earth. I'm surprised the anti-climate change folks in Oz aren't up in arms about this. Flying is pretty much the worse activity humans do environmentally speaking.
    https://www.theguardian.com/travel/2...ho-miss-flying

  12. #26737
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Down In A Hole, Up in the Sky
    Posts
    28,049
    Just in case you thought Covid was “No worse than the flu“...

    https://www.wired.com/story/if-youve...-good-for-you/
    Forum Cross Pollinator

  13. #26738
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    82
    Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    All that ‘tard had to do was push these out in March, say this thing is serious and wearing a mask is the patriotic thing to do. We’d been in much better shape now, and he’d be a shoe-in for re-election.
    This^. It’s amazing what a simple oversight this was (not that I’d want him for another 4 but...). This creates no controversy over masks and likely gives him a real reason to brag about success. What a hard headed boob.

  14. #26739
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Wenatchee
    Posts
    8,186
    Quote Originally Posted by thedude2340 View Post
    This^. It’s amazing what a simple oversight this was (not that I’d want him for another 4 but...). This creates no controversy over masks and likely gives him a real reason to brag about success. What a hard headed boob.
    He may be hard headed but he’s stupid and has no talent for strategery


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

  15. #26740
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    NCW
    Posts
    2,670

    Fear and Loathing, a Rat Flu Odyssey

    Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    All that ‘tard had to do was push these out in March, say this thing is serious and wearing a mask is the patriotic thing to do. We’d been in much better shape now, and he’d be a shoe-in for re-election.
    Hold up. The developmentally disabled are warm, compassionate, generous and brave; Trump has none of those qualities.

  16. #26741
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Nhampshire
    Posts
    6,010
    Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    I guess, I just look at it like its a choice between 2 evils. Which one is less "evil"?
    No it fucking isn't. I'm tired of this whataboutism and "both are the same lol". 200k are dead from COVID because of incompetence and Republicans are more interested in ramming lifetime judges through than getting anything close to a coherent response going. Not to mention the mass obstructionism and hypocrisy. Our republic is about to die because you want to own the libs and are probably more interested in a low tax rate than keeping America from imploding.

  17. #26742
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Sandy, Utah
    Posts
    12,430
    Quote Originally Posted by schuss View Post
    No it fucking isn't. I'm tired of this whataboutism and "both are the same lol". 200k are dead from COVID because of incompetence and Republicans are more interested in ramming lifetime judges through than getting anything close to a coherent response going. Not to mention the mass obstructionism and hypocrisy. Our republic is about to die because you want to own the libs and are probably more interested in a low tax rate than keeping America from imploding.
    Yep the lifetime politician has got all the answers. And there is no "you" when talking to me. I didn't vote for Trump in 2016, and won't vote for him again in 2020..don't confuse yourself.

    Sent from my Pixel 2 using TGR Forums mobile app
    http://www.firsttracksonline.com

    I wish i could be like SkiFishBum

  18. #26743
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    In the swamp
    Posts
    7,926
    Quote Originally Posted by jackattack View Post
    Hold up. The developmentally disabled are warm, compassionate, generous and brave; Trump has none of those qualities.
    Touché

  19. #26744
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Nhampshire
    Posts
    6,010
    Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    Yep the lifetime politician has got all the answers. And there is no "you" when talking to me. I didn't vote for Trump in 2016, and won't vote for him again in 2020..don't confuse yourself.

    Sent from my Pixel 2 using TGR Forums mobile app
    He's going to do what he's always done - sit in the middle of the Dem party. He doesn't need all the answers, he just needs to not be an active vandal to our government. Perfect is too often the enemy of good or better.
    Apologies for the frustration, but I'm tired of people equating things and pretending like any dem has been even half as bad as McConnell or Trump.

  20. #26745
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    EWA
    Posts
    18,123
    Coronavirus can spread on airline flights, two studies show

    "We conclude that the risk for on-board transmission of SARS-CoV-2 during long flights is real and has the potential to cause COVID-19 clusters of substantial size, even in business class--like settings with spacious seating arrangements well beyond the established distance used to define close contact on airplanes," Khanh's team wrote.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis


    Kindness is a bridge between all people

    Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

  21. #26746
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    truckee
    Posts
    14,476
    Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    Coronavirus can spread on airline flights, two studies show

    "We conclude that the risk for on-board transmission of SARS-CoV-2 during long flights is real and has the potential to cause COVID-19 clusters of substantial size, even in business class--like settings with spacious seating arrangements well beyond the established distance used to define close contact on airplanes," Khanh's team wrote.
    It's always seemed obvious to me that there is a risk of transmission on airplanes. Glad (?) to see that confirmed. Even with masks, some virus will eventually escape the host. The longer the flight, the more virus the host is shedding, the closer the proximity of other passengers and crew the more virus they will be exposed to. The article doesn't say if the secondary cases were symptomatic--presumably the original scientific articles did. Possibly some or all of the secondary cases would be mild if the primary case was wearing a mask, there was some spacing, etc., if in fact viral dose determines severity of disease in whole or in part.

    Or to make a long story short--I ain't flying.

  22. #26747
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    In the swamp
    Posts
    7,926
    Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    It's always seemed obvious to me that there is a risk of transmission on airplanes. Glad (?) to see that confirmed. Even with masks, some virus will eventually escape the host. The longer the flight, the more virus the host is shedding, the closer the proximity of other passengers and crew the more virus they will be exposed to. The article doesn't say if the secondary cases were symptomatic--presumably the original scientific articles did. Possibly some or all of the secondary cases would be mild if the primary case was wearing a mask, there was some spacing, etc., if in fact viral dose determines severity of disease in whole or in part.

    Or to make a long story short--I ain't flying.
    QFT. I’m amazed by how many people I know who are still doing vacations and stuff via flying. Pure selfishness.

  23. #26748
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    6,405
    I booked a trip for the family (including flights) for the end of May/beginning of June 2021. We'll see ......

  24. #26749
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    EWA
    Posts
    18,123
    Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    QFT. I’m amazed by how many people I know who are still doing vacations and stuff via flying. Pure selfishness.
    I'm just amazed at how in the beginning of all of this we were told by the surgeon general and Fauci that masks weren't necessary, probably wouldn't help and might even put you at higher risk of getting covid because the mask would trap the molecules. WTF? It seems a no-brainer that a mask would be beneficial. People wear them all the time when they are immunocompromisedor the air is bad.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis


    Kindness is a bridge between all people

    Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

  25. #26750
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    20,821
    Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    The best seat on that airplane is 0A. The next best is 0K. the rest? meh.

    And it's FAs and blow at the Hilton.
    Yeah, right: "coffee, tea or me?"

    Quote Originally Posted by Bobcat Sig
    Empirically, the air in an airliner, while recycled, is typically cleaner than air in one's own home due to all the filtration required.
    The origins of HMD
    Fresh air is constantly being introduced via the engines, so it's not all recycled.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •