Page 1062 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 1057 1058 1059 1060 1061 1062 1063 1064 1065 1066 1067 ... LastLast
Results 26,526 to 26,550 of 41810
    Quote Originally Posted by huckbucket View Post
    That's fucking rediculous. If that's the level of evidence that a physician thinks is sufficient to make it CRYSTAL CLEAR to the scientific and medical community then I worry about that dude's patients. The topic is NOT settled, but mandates thoughtful interrogation. Oh and then there's this.
    This all sounds like a foreign government disinformation campaign to me.

If this is even close to true you would think that any number of the hundreds, thousands of scientists looking at the genetic code across the world would have piped up.

As someone who does genetic engineering for a living and has worked with the Scov2 genome since January, when someone claims HIV Spikes in the Envelope of Sars2 its a red flag that they have not even the least idea of what they are talking about.

All authors on that piece of full shite speculation attributed to the "Rule of Law Society" of NY, which has a pic of Steve Bannon on its website.

Damn near every paragraph starts with "could have" or "probably".

Ya been duped.
    Move upside and let the man go through...

Gain-of-function research
    LOL. Conspiracy theories always dress up in phrases like this.

Meanwhile COVID stimulated a WW effort to nourish supply chains that rely less on China, Chinese mfg took a huge hit as WW economies got hit, and the Chinese gummint is refusing to juice up internal economy via massive infrastructure spending due to the hangover from the white elephant projects from the last time they tried that....which has meant economic inequality metrics have worsened significantly in China this year...cue social unrest that has to be smothered.

Maybe Trump taught China this type of 3D chess.

The Australian is owned by News Corp, bullshit by another name with the same rancid stench.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Quote Originally Posted by Mofro261 View Post
    As someone who does genetic engineering for a living and has worked with the Scov2 genome since January, when someone claims HIV Spikes in the Envelope of Sars2 its a red flag that they have not even the least idea of what they are talking about.

All authors on that piece of full shite speculation attributed to the "Rule of Law Society" of NY, which has a pic of Steve Bannon on its website.

Ya been duped.
    Mofro gets it.

For good measure they also claim that they'll be putting forth an analysis of the 3-4 highly similar bat Coronaviruses isolated in nature as "also human modified, as a way of covering up the tracks to make it look like it arose from nature."

Ooookay.
    Move upside and let the man go through...

Quote Originally Posted by char_ View Post
    This all sounds like a foreign government disinformation campaign to me.

If this is even close to true you would think that any number of the hundreds, thousands of scientists looking at the genetic code across the world would have piped up.
    Exactly. Every virologist in the world has access to the same data--the genome--that the "whistleblower" has. She's basing her "revelation" on her interpretation of the genome, not on any secret information she has. If SARS-CV-2 were "obviously" spliced together by human scientists all those other virologists would be screaming from the rooftops. That doesn't mean the virus can't be artificial, only that the world's virologists don't see evidence of that in the genome.

The theory that the virus was created in a lab also begs the question--why would you do that? To do research on coronavirus vaccines? There are plenty of natural, much less dangerous coronaviruses to do such research with, not to mention SARS, which presumably still exists in Chinese labs.. A weapon? Obviously such a weapon is too dangerous to the creators to be useful against enemies. And given that the Chinese economy depends on mercantilism, destroying the economy of the rest of the world seems like a bad idea. Mad scientist? It would take a lot of mad scientists working together to create a novel virus.

BTW, I thought the wet market theory of origin had been discounted--that the current thinking is that it did spread in the wet market but that it did not originate there.

Ya been duped.
    There's massive wads of information and research asserting that COVID-19 is not the product of a lab:

https://www.sciencealert.com/here-s-...ade-in-the-lab
    https://www.sciencenews.org/article/...nalysis-nature
    https://www.cidrap.umn.edu/news-pers...id-19-came-lab
    https://www.businessinsider.com/coro...ebunked-2020-6

Blaming the Chinese is an incredibly transparent ruse to shift responsibility, not blame, away from Trump. Social Dilemma indeed.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Ya been duped.
    All it takes is a picture of Rudy Giuliani to make me walk away from that.

The good news is that, if the virus is man-made, Trump can claim he's already exacted punishment on the Chinese by calling it the "Chinese Virus." That would be on par with his assertion that he's done a great job dealing with the virus because he shut down Chinese travel in February.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    More like running for the exit, desperately looking for a place to deposit the partially digested contents of my stomach.
    Fucking fucker needs to have his head rot like a jack-o-lantern in January

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    March 31st, the end of year prediction was 100,000 to 240,000 deaths. I remember thinking there’s no way we get close to 240,000...
    Now its...there's no way we stay under 240k. Or in CDC counting under 10k for C19 only.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    The good news is that, if the virus is man-made, Trump can claim he's already exacted punishment on the Chinese by calling it the "Chinese Virus." That would be on par with his assertion that he's done a great job dealing with the virus because he shut down Chinese travel in February.
    Meh the real Chinese war is being fought with Oracle and Nvidia.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Especially while he's in the same room with Steve Bannon. Jesus....

Just for fun, let's say it did come from a lab. Does that mean it's no longer a hoax? Does that somehow validate the denials and failures by the federal government to respond effectively?

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    Especially while he's in the same room with Steve Bannon. Jesus....

Just for fun, let's say it did come from a lab. Does that mean it's no longer a hoax? Does that somehow validate the denials and failures by the federal government to respond effectively?
    Trumpism is the worst jazz you've ever heard. They make it up as they go, and none of the notes follow the last.

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    Trumpism is the worst jazz you've ever heard. They make it up as they go, and none of the notes follow the last.
    But there is money to be made in the grifting.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    That's where I'm at. The same it's a hoax, it's the flu, it'll disappear crowd is the same crowd pushing the lab creation theory. I don't get it, it makes our presidents response even worse. China attacks and the response is "it is what it is"?

It's a cult of personality plain and simple.

Quote Originally Posted by huckbucket View Post
    Mofro gets it.
    Seconded

the same shit but repackaged will show up again in a couple of pages.

Quote Originally Posted by Flounder View Post
    That's where I'm at. The same it's a hoax, it's the flu, it'll disappear crowd is the same crowd pushing the lab creation theory. I don't get it, it makes our presidents response even worse. China attacks and the response is "it is what it is"?
    It's all about shifting the blame. Trump's response remains just as bad, but it's easier to overlook that when the story becomes "China did this intentionally!"

If anything, in the highly unlikely event that SARS CoV2 was a weaponized Chinese lab construct, that would make Drumpf's lackadaisical response even more remiss, in that he didn't do anything about it in order to "not cause panic".

But of course, we have much more important things to panic about, like antifa setting forest fires all over Oregon and Joe Biden personally moving MS-13 gangmembers into your suburb

Quote Originally Posted by Tri-Ungulate View Post
    If anything, in the highly unlikely event that SARS CoV2 was a weaponized Chinese lab construct, that would make Drumpf's lackadaisical response even more remiss, in that he didn't do anything about it in order to "not cause panic".

But of course, we have much more important things to panic about, like antifa setting forest fires all over Oregon and Joe Biden personally moving MS-13 gangmembers into your suburb
    I think I would prefer MS13 to some of the assholes who rent the STR next to us.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    I think I would prefer MS13 to some of the assholes who rent the STR next to us.
    I imagine they would make some great tacos al pastor, and wouldn’t call the HOA like Next-Door Karen when your grass is 1/4” too tall or she sees a single dandelion.

salvatruchas, good pupusas..