Page 662 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 ... LastLast
Results 16,526 to 16,550 of 41810
    Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    Yesterday I went for a ride on a formerly quiet, litter-free local trail. Bouncing along with a jingling bare bell, I came around a corner to see a young lady squatting not 4 feet from the side of the trail, unable to move. Must have been urgent because she had to have heard me. As I came into view she threw both hands over her face. Bet she wished she'd worn a mask.
    Reverse blumpkin?

Quote Originally Posted by frorider View Post

Meanwhile

Orange County, Florida, police arrested a man on trespassing charges for camping out at Walt Disney World, which has been shuttered and emptied due to the coronavirus, AL.com reports. Richard McGuire, 42, took up residence earlier this week on Discovery Island, an abandoned wildlife park in the middle of a lake in the amusement park, and planned to stay for seven days, he told police. When deputies told him it wasn’t a public area, he said he didn’t know. He said he had come to Discovery Island because it “looked like a tropical paradise.”
    I was going to make the joke that they caught him when he tried to take the "10,000 Leagues Under the Sea" sub out for a spin, but I looked it up and that ride was removed in 1994.

Quote Originally Posted by Casey E View Post
    Are these sanitizing tunnels anywhere else? In Chile they have popped up in a lot of places, quite the polemic...

https://www.mtt.gob.cl/archivos/24826

Here there are very strict measures for opening up commerce, no restaurants, gyms, etc, masks required and respected.
    the infowars folks in the US would claim the deep state is doing this to dump excess chemtrails since so few flights are running.

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Star View Post
    the infowars folks in the US would claim the deep state is doing this to dump excess chemtrails since so few flights are running.
    What happened to BG btw? Did the deep state get him for exposing teh realz trooths?

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    It amazes me that people haven't realized that America has been this way already for quite some time.
    This

Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    Noam lays it out like only Noam can:
    https://truthout.org/articles/chomsk...-failed-state/
    Yep

Quote Originally Posted by mcski View Post
    What happened to BG btw? Did the deep state get him for exposing teh realz trooths?
    everyone ignored him and he got bored of not getting any responses?

Lot of self loathing, USA hating /s Truths in that piece.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    Lot of self loathing, USA hating /s Truths in that piece.
    as it turns out, being good at linguistics doesnt make you good at being relatable and communicating with the public. it's not what you said, it's how you said it.

Relatability is subjective, but his message is loud and clear.

Are these sanitizing tunnels anywhere else? In Chile they have popped up in a lot of places, quite the polemic...

Attachment 327233

Attachment 327234

Here there are very strict measures for opening up commerce, no restaurants, gyms, etc, masks required and respected.
    What in the holy fuck are they spraying?

There are many things that can kill virus.

None of them would I want sprayed on me.

Fucking chem trails are mere child’s play
    . . .

Hey do ya think people were sayin " fuck that lights out rule " 80 yars ago in London ?
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    Hey do ya think people were sayin " fuck that lights out rule " 80 yars ago in London ?
    Absolutely. So they had people going around knocking on doors and reporting people who didn't comply.

Quote Originally Posted by muted View Post
    Absolutely. So they had people going around knocking on doors and reporting people who didn't comply.
    Fucking Karens, amiright?

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post
    Is everyone still holding to the "no way it was in the US in early January" belief?

Whatever fucked me up for 3 weeks in Jan has caused lung pain and dry cough ever SINCE. It's May. WTF? I am seeing slow slow improvement with bike riding, etc. Just crazy. Nothing in my life ever caused this kind of prolonged lung issues. I doubt my "really bad cold" from over the winter caused this. Call me crazy I guess.
    If it was the rat flu, it would have been a different strain mutation because of the time in between. It could have mutated worse to what we have now, my guess as a non med professional.
    I definitely had a 3 week cold with the worst cough I’ve had in years, tons of people around here had it. First time I’ve bought cough medicine in maybe 20 years. But clearly, it wasn’t this particular rat flu, or people would have been dropping dead then, like they are now. So either just a different fucked up virus, or this virus with a very different strain.

"Operation Warp Speed"

Trump is adopting the Bill Gates approach: Multiple vaccine candidates in R&D. And invest in manufacturing before knowing if they'll make it out of testing. Only with unlimited funding, and very accelerated testing.

14 initial candidate vaccines have already been selected.
    If there are outbreaks, those populations will be the large scale testing.

"Biopharma players worldwide have committed big money and talent to the hunt for a COVID-19 vaccine, striking some unprecedented partnerships along the way.
    Behind the scenes, another joint effort has been taking shape at the White House, Bloomberg reports."
    https://www.fiercepharma.com/pharma/...es-by-end-year
    https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...avirus-vaccine

The last slide in the Michael Farzan lecture that huckbucket posted is a nice pharma summary. They've decided to jump ahead to betting on vaccines. Money solves the manufacturing and distribution issues. The FDA decides how much testing in necessary.

Name:  Farzan_d3.jpg
Views: 513
Size:  212.1 KB

Former FDA commisioner, and Pfizer board member, Scott Gottlieb Retweeted,
    "COVID-19 VACCINE: @ScottGottliebMD says that manufacturers could have a #coronavirus vaccine ready for trial by fall and could deploy it to cities with mass outbreaks to study its effectiveness"

"it will almost certainly result in significant waste by making inoculations at scale before knowing if they’ll be safe and effective," the news source said.
    https://www.firstwordpharma.com/node/1720067

https://www.pharmamanufacturing.com/...h-few-details/

I haven't seen which 14 vaccines have been selected for the program.

Possible entertainment value,
    "The team is also brainstorming advertising strategies that the administration hopes will be compelling enough to inspire even vaccine skeptics to get a vaccine once it's available.
    'The advertising is going to be amazing,' the official said."
    https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/01/polit...eed/index.html

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    What in the holy fuck are they spraying?

There are many things that can kill virus.

None of them would I want sprayed on me.

Fucking chem trails are mere child’s play
    Sodium hypochlorite, quaternary ammonium or hypochlorous acid are "approved" examples. I would avoid them too, but when you have too many people disobeying simple SD measures, it seems like the lesser of....

Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    Wow. You know, you really are an asshole. She refused to ring them up, but because I've worked retail/service sector jobs, I have a little more respect for the people doing those shitty jobs than you clearly do.

I was annoyed by it, but I wasn't rude to the cashier. I told her that I wasn't going to touch my face, but I did have two forms of gov't issued photo ID with me, and that if she didn't want to sell me the beer, I would be happy to just but the other items I had and be on my way.

She's following an idiotic policy because she doesn't want to jeopardize her job so some bearded dufus can drink bougie microbrew as he "shelters in place" while she's out there interacting with 100 strangers a shift.
    Plus she's at more risk than you are when you pull down your mask. Screw her employer, or maybe it's the state's rule, that makes risk her health and yours.

It's been a failed state for a lot longer than Trump.

Attachment 327233

Attachment 327234

To get into Kaiser you walk through a tunnel that separates people entering and leaving. One at a time, while someone checks that you have essential business and no symptoms, only the patient allowed no family,

Question for the medical professionals...
    Herd immunity for the covfefe is estimated to be 60-70%, right?
    And it’s highly contagious, right?

So why is herd immunity for measles so much higher - like 90-95%?

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    It's been a failed state for a lot longer than Trump.
    ...which he says within the first paragraph in the article

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Star View Post
    everyone ignored him and he got bored of not getting any responses?
    I believe he got the ban hammer dropped from making “jokes” about gassing Jews.......
    What we have here is an intelligence failure. You may be familiar with staring directly at that when shaving. .
    -Ottime
    One man can only push so many boulders up hills at one time.
    -BMillsSkier

Quote Originally Posted by muted View Post
    That was my grandfather's role in WW2, enforcing the blackouts along the Connecticut shore. I'm sure today there would be a Facebook group formed in opposition to the tyranny of blackouts during a war and how freedoms were being stomped on.

Fear and Loathing, a Rat Flu Odyssey

How are restaurants opening up to allow eating “in” when masks are required? Yuba/sutter counties will be allowing this, while the more populated neighboring counties remained more shut down.

The conspiracy theorist and one who often shows a lack of critical thinking, mayor of Nevada City, is misrepresenting statements apparently made by the county public health doctor that masks are a bad idea and should not be worn. The mayor has a very strong following and her shitty thoughts are typically amplified.

Predicting NorCal second wave starting mid/late July.

Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post
    Question for the medical professionals...
    Herd immunity for the covfefe is estimated to be 60-70%, right?
    And it’s highly contagious, right?

So why is herd immunity for measles so much higher - like 90-95%?
    Not a medical professional but to clarify, is "highly contagious" the top of the scale? No "double extra highly" or "triple dog" contagious?