Page 1442 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 1437 1438 1439 1440 1441 1442 1443 1444 1445 1446 1447 ... LastLast
Results 36,026 to 36,050 of 41810
    Quote Originally Posted by old_newguy View Post
    I’d like to know what suddenly got some of these prominent politicians, who have previously not gotten the vaccine despite being at the front of the line, to run out and get shot 1 this week.
    Oh, they got the vaccine a long time ago. Now they're just saying they did.

Quote Originally Posted by bodywhomper View Post
    Losing base?
    The surge in the halls of Congress?
    That isn’t really that different than the last 6 months though.

Quote Originally Posted by old_newguy View Post
    I’d like to know what suddenly got some of these prominent politicians, who have previously not gotten the vaccine despite being at the front of the line, to run out and get shot 1 this week.
    If it suddenly changes the minds of the mindless cult of morons out there, I’m all for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    Nope. Common sense says I don’t need to.
    Suck it.
    Whose "common sense" because clearly you're not capable of understanding the situation well enough to make that decision. Furthermore, I hope that pisses you off. Have you spoken with your PCP or a few PCP's to get an actual expert opinion?

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    If it suddenly changes the minds of the mindless cult of morons out there, I’m all for it.
    Yeah, but what the hell changed their mind and why now? It’s not like the are advertising it. It’s almost like they are a little ashamed they caved and got the shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    Nope. Common sense says I don’t need to.
    Suck it.
    Wasn't it just a week or two ago that we posted a couple links explaining why it still makes sense for those who have had Covid to get vaccinated? Your "common sense" looks a lot like willful ignorance to me.

Quote Originally Posted by huckbucket View Post
    Whose "common sense" because clearly you're not capable of understanding the situation well enough to make that decision. Furthermore, I hope that pisses you off. Have you spoken with your PCP or a few PCP's to get an actual expert opinion?
    My PCP is a religious nutbag who told me in June 2020 the virus would disappear on Nov 3, 2020. He said it was overblown for political reasons. 3 months later I went for a covid test and he was full PPE head to toe. Went for my annual physical last month and he said he couldn't have been more wrong. After seeing it first hand for several months, he saw the light. Said he, his entire family and his staff all got vaccinated.

So maybe there's hope for CS?

Quote Originally Posted by huckbucket View Post
    Expert opinion? You poor sheep.

i'vE DoNe mY ReSeArCh!!

Excellent article about the potential for endemic covid 19 and what it might be like
    https://www.newyorker.com/science/an...he-coronavirus

One interesting nugget is that one of the coronaviruses that cause the common cold may have originated in a pandemic in 1889 that killed a million people worldwide.

Quote Originally Posted by GiBo View Post
    My PCP is a religious nutbag who told me in June 2020 the virus would disappear on Nov 3, 2020. He said it was overblown for political reasons. 3 months later I went for a covid test and he was full PPE head to toe. Went for my annual physical last month and he said he couldn't have been more wrong. After seeing it first hand for several months, he saw the light. Said he, his entire family and his staff all got vaccinated.

So maybe there's hope for CS?
    You mean, your *previous* primary care doc? I mean, sounds like he's seen the light, but, good judgment is clearly not this dude's strong suit.

Seriously. If he was so deluded by the overwhelming scientific concensus on something this big, what the hell else is he ignoring due to ideology?

IDK. I'll take a person that's capable of learning. There are a lot of things to get wrong and demonstrated ability to learn is rare.

Yup, and doctors aren't known for humility so this is a promising sign. But now, my man needs to second guess his doc on everything. Just as rideit said --- Did he say to not worry about that lump, because it's really not to be worried about, or because he (doc) is fundamentally skeptical of scientific consensus? Invisible man in the sky wouldn't put that lump on ya if it were bad, don't sweat it.

That actually sounds like a great reason to keep the guy--assuming GiBo really does feel that tinge of uncertainty he's probably safer. That extra wariness is hard to generate.

There are a lot more docs than you might think with politics similar to Ron and Rand Paul, Bashir al Assad, and Slobodon Milosevic. And a few Che Guevaras. Not many who can write like Anton Chekhov though.
    Of 16 doctors in Congress only 2 are Democrats. Both from CA.

I ran across this study out of Saudi Arabia that looked at co-infections and I'm curious to hear the experts' thoughts:

https://virologyj.biomedcentral.com/...85-021-01594-0

Specifically what caught my eye was the seemingly high number of adenovirus co-infections they find among the hospitalized patients they studied. Not that they're all the same or anything, but is there any chance that the J&J's carrier virus could worsen the apparent effectiveness of the vaccine for a brief period (presumably only for those exposed during that period)?

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Not many who can write like Anton Chekhov though.
    Learned something here - I didn’t know Chekhov was a dr.

"Besides the housekeeper, the boy's mother, Lori Del Santo, an Italian television actress, was in the duplex with a maid and a friend, the police said.

Mr. Clapton, a founder of the rock groups Cream and Derek and the Dominos, was in New York on vacation. He does not live with Ms. Del Santo but went to the apartment after being called by a friend, the police said."
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    I ran across this study out of Saudi Arabia that looked at co-infections and I'm curious to hear the experts' thoughts:

https://virologyj.biomedcentral.com/...85-021-01594-0

Specifically what caught my eye was the seemingly high number of adenovirus co-infections they find among the hospitalized patients they studied. Not that they're all the same or anything, but is there any chance that the J&J's carrier virus could worsen the apparent effectiveness of the vaccine for a brief period (presumably only for those exposed during that period)?
    The adenovirus in the J and J is non-replicating so it doesn't seem likely. The viral vector can't cause an actual infection. There is enough of an immune reaction to the adenovirus that you can't give the J and J twice because the immune system would inactivate it the second time. Is it possible that if one were trying to fight off Covid 19 at the time they got the J and J the immune system might be
    overtaxed trying to deal with two viruses at once? For that you need an actual expert.

Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    Learned something here - I didn’t know Chekhov was a dr.
    I don't think either he or Che actually practiced medicine though.

Name:  Image1627180494.253820.jpg
Views: 380
Size:  117.7 KB

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Is it possible that if one were trying to fight off Covid 19 at the time they got the J and J the immune system might be overtaxed trying to deal with two viruses at once? For that you need an actual expert.
    That states my question better, thanks. It's kind of moot in some ways if the mRNAs are so much better, but I'm curious anyway.

There are a lot more docs than you might think with politics similar to Ron and Rand Paul, Bashir al Assad, and Slobodon Milosevic. And a few Che Guevaras. Not many who can write like Anton Chekhov though.
    Of 16 doctors in Congress only 2 are Democrats. Both from CA.
    Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    That actually sounds like a great reason to keep the guy--assuming GiBo really does feel that tinge of uncertainty he's probably safer. That extra wariness is hard to generate.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannynoonan View Post
    Yup, and doctors aren't known for humility so this is a promising sign. But now, my man needs to second guess his doc on everything. Just as rideit said --- Did he say to not worry about that lump, because it's really not to be worried about, or because he (doc) is fundamentally skeptical of scientific consensus? Invisible man in the sky wouldn't put that lump on ya if it were bad, don't sweat it.
    [QUOTE=jono;6362836]IDK. I'll take a person that's capable of learning. There are a lot of things to get wrong and demonstrated ability to learn is rare.[/QUOT

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    Seriously. If he was so deluded by the overwhelming scientific concensus on something this big, what the hell else is he ignoring due to ideology?
    Quote Originally Posted by dannynoonan View Post
    You mean, your *previous* primary care doc? I mean, sounds like he's seen the light, but, good judgment is clearly not this dude's strong suit.
    Ah, he's alright. I think he just thought it was being overblown for political reasons. Once more evidence/studies came out, he saw the light.

And I second guess all doctors. They're just people. Very busy people who see me for about 10 minutes. I am my own advocate when it comes my health.