Page 1644 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 1639 1640 1641 1642 1643 1644 1645 1646 1647 1648 1649 ... LastLast
Results 41,076 to 41,100 of 41810
    With all the new posts in this thread I opened it thinking there was some new virus. But, it was an old virus.

Ironically I learnt about Covid-19 on this forum, earlier than I heard about it in the news. I did not realize there were users banned over the discourse. Very un-TGR-like. I guess things do change.

I think many critical thinkers felt it was uncanny that the disease first surfaced in Wuhan near the virology lab, regardless of other political views.

What does that mean going forward? Well, maybe we shouldn’t fuck around with the most dangerous viruses speeding up their mutations at ungodly rates in the name of curiosity. Maybe we should take what we learned in the last two years and be better prepared next time.

Nah, let’s argue about mundane bullshit and cheer on our politicians like we’re at a sporting event.

Quote Originally Posted by lowsparkco View Post
    Ironically I learnt about Covid-19 on this forum, earlier than I heard about it in the news. II did not realize there were users banned over the discourse. Very un-TGR-like. I guess things do change.
    He wasn't banned over the 'discourse'. His ban had nothing to do with Covid's origins. He was thrunting in the "to vaccinate or not" thread. His arguments weren't even all that controversial. He just kept saying the same things over-and-over for hours and days on end. He even said over and over that he was just trolling.

So if you learned about Covid-19 on this forum, that's because smart people were posting good information. Skidog was trying very hard to shut the vaccination discussion down by essentially flooding the zone with shit.

Quote Originally Posted by MultiVerse View Post
    He wasn't banned over the 'discourse'. His ban had nothing to do with Covid's origins. He was thrunting in the "to vaccinate or not" thread. His arguments weren't even all that controversial. He just kept saying the same things over-and-over for hours and days on end. He even said over and over that he was just trilling.
    Thanks for the clarification.

Seems you’re really running this one and the Ukraine thread. Nice work.

Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    Was it you that said as soon as anything worked the deniers would tell us that it was all unnecessary because as soon as a peak starts to taper it isn't "that bad?"

Cause that really was some prophetic shit. Happened sooner than predicted, if anything.

Wow good memory jono.

I did say exactly that - that we would put all these multiple strategies into play and a subset of the population would see the beneficial results of these measures and somehow see this as evidence that the measures were unnecessary because it wasn't as big a problem as initially predicted.

How likely is it that these morons all got Covid along with their families and friends?

I think many critical thinkers felt it was uncanny that the disease first surfaced in Wuhan near the virology lab, regardless of other political views.
    I think those thinkers aren't thinking very critically. I expect a new virus to be found by a virology lab. E.g. Seattle's Gates flu project found it first in the US. It's certainly likely to be found near a facility specifically looking for that sort of thing, or a university where there's lots of people looking at all kinds of things (with the equipment to find stuff). So, in a metropolitan area. Wuhan is what, 60 million people? That's similar to discovering it in the northeastern US - so many universities, research facilities, and biotech companies.

Also it wasn't near or associated with workers at the Virology Institute the way it was with people at the market miles across town.

There's also the phenomenon of people looking for patterns and finding something that isn't really there. Or imputing the wrong meaning because of limited understanding. Some people can't accept that another virus emerged similarly to many before it. It's mundane, too easily explained. Surely, instead, this means Zeus is upset about snowboarders and tasked Odin with starting a pandemic to punish our foul snowsliding. Maybe aliens brought it, or Russia released it to prepare for their new imperialism.

And I'm not saying it absolutely didn't leak from a lab at the Wuhan Virology Institute. It could have, but to this point I see no evidence, only speculation. It's equally valid to speculate it leaked from a US lab, and traveled the world, then first found in Wuhan by an astute doctor who thought he saw a pattern and asked for more tests. The average doctor anywhere in the world is going to diagnose flu/cold and run no tests - it could easily spread cryptically. E.g. look how much trouble the US had after China identified the disease, isolated the virus, shared the virus sequence, and created and offered tests - they gave us a yuge head start and greatest country still bungled for a few months.

Nor am I saying we should be careless doing research. The bio people are well aware of the risks, and mitigate them to an acceptable level. There's also risk in not doing research, so there's a balance. Given the prevalence of food-borne diseases, perhaps the better safety focus is on ag and food facilities.

Why do these “critical thinkers” think the Chinese located the lab in Wuhan in the first place ?
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    Why do these “critical thinkers” think the Chinese located the lab in Wuhan in the first place ?
    Because they liked crispy Pangolin w/rice and knew they could get it across town?

lol, mods should permanently ban skidog and bring back Rog. And Benny was never banned. He had a meltdown and left on his own accord. But you knew that already.

FWIW, it wasn't this thread and it wasn't early in the pandemic. It was the "To Vaccinate or Not" thread late in the pandemic. Nearly all of skidog's obnoxious behavior revolved around vaccines — not masks, not lockdowns, not lab leaks, not China. His arguments today about why he was banned are all revisionist.
    And guess what? 10months protection if you got COVID which was my entire argument. They said that wasn't true. You were all lied to and just feel that's ok. How could you logically believe that getting the virus provided zero protection. Remember the people losing jobs because they had caught COVID and actually had a protection their body made, but we're being forced to take a vaccine? Pepperidge farm remembers. So does skidog.

Sent from my [deez nutz] using TGR Mods are funny

Quote Originally Posted by ron john View Post
    I still lurk around the ski and snowboard forum because there is good info in there. Every now and then I check to see if anyone in this thread has come to terms with the failure of masks, lockdowns, and the vaccine. Well it took long enough! And unsurprisingly the usual suspects can't admit they were wrong.

It's pretty amazing that I got banned for "trolling" despite being by far the most right on everything pandemic related. Seriously, go try to find a post in my history that qualifies as trolling. On this forum trolling is any view counter to what you might find on left wing corporate news outlets.
    Love this guy.....

You fools are too proud to admit you were fucking wrong for following everything you were told. It's laughable.

The biggest cringe is all the antivaxers crawling out of the woodwork to now claim "they were right".
    They weren't? I mean previous infection now claims to provide more protection than the jabs. 10 months. Haven't some in here gotten like 10 shots? That's a lot less than 10 months protection. Lol. Yeah man keep listening to big govt. They got your back.

Quote Originally Posted by ::: ::: View Post
    How likely is it that these morons all got Covid along with their families and friends?
    I got it, and while I was vaxxed. Lol. Some "vaccine"

LOL how they simultaneously bitch about how China caused all the harm with a lab leak... While also claiming the world would be a better place today had we just let the (FAKE?) virus run it's course throughout the world naturally without vaccines or masks..

Pick one or the other..
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    LOL how they simultaneously bitch about how China caused all the harm with a lab leak... While also claiming the world would be a better place today had we just let the (FAKE?) virus run it's course throughout the world naturally without vaccines or masks..

Pick one or the other..
    I never said "run its course" not once.

All I ever argued was being forced to vax. How'd that turn out again? Lol. I did it to do "my part" and figured wtf, wasn't needed, I got COVID after vax, wasnt near the worst sick I ever been. Yep lots of people got sick, lots died. Let's see the breakdown on age and other factors, of those that did die? Would those same people have some risk at dying from the normal "flu"? Yeah pretty much.

Yep it's sad, people died. Question is was it worth the measures we put in place or not?

Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    I never said "run its course" not once.

All I ever argued was being forced to vax. How'd that turn out again? Lol. I did it to do "my part" and figured wtf, wasn't needed, I got COVID after vax, wasnt near the worst sick I ever been. Yep lots of people got sick, lots died. Let's see the breakdown on age and other factors, of those that did die? Would those same people have some risk at dying from the normal "flu"? Yeah pretty much.

Yep it's sad, people died. Question is was it worth the measures we put in place or not?

Maybe I missed something but when the fuck did they allow this insufferable twat back on teh TGRs? Cheesus dude fuck off would ya?

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post

Pick one or the other..
    you politicized a global pandemic. You put personal gain/hatred before public health.

You should wrapped to a pole Ukraine style and flogged.

Quote Originally Posted by jmedslc View Post
    Maybe I missed something but when the fuck did they allow this insufferable twat back on teh TGRs? Cheesus dude fuck off would ya?
    Naaa you fuck off. Sheep. You bought the lie hook line and sinker. You held it like it was a badge of courage. It was all bullshit. admit they lied to you, it's totally ok to be wrong. It was a fluid situation and you all got scared, I get it. Using your brain instead of what's being fed to you was a decent first step, but I don't fault your stupidity. Think of it this way, you have a lot of company in the stupid department. You'll come around..

Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    Naaa you fuck off. Sheep. You bought the lie hook line and sinker. You held it like it was a badge of courage. It was all bullshit. admit they lied to you, it's totally ok to be wrong. It was a fluid situation and you all got scared, I get it. Using your brain instead of what's being fed to you was a decent first step, but I don't fault your stupidity. Think of it this way, you have a lot of company in the stupid department. You'll come around..

I didn’t buy shit. I simply was under the impression that your incessant nonsensical rambling was permanently cast away from maggotdom and that you were happily trolling away on some other Internet forum. Alas, here we are, once again subject to the mental midget that is “skidog “. Not surprised to see nothing has changed on your end. Phew what a loser.

Thanks for the clarification.

Seems you’re really running this one and the Ukraine thread. Nice work.
    All MV heard was a giant whooshing sound passing by his head, but i see what you did there. Wrong about literally everything COVID, wrong about everything Ukraine but oh so much to say. Wonder what is going to be the next hill he chooses to die on using his only tool for battle, basic information provided by CNN.

Skidog got a year ban, took his lumps, sat out for a year, and well, a lot has changed in that year which ironically back up his opinions that caused said banning. How did anybody expect anything different, you knew this was coming. When the uptake of the new bivalent is below 20%, the writing was on the wall for awhile. Do the prom queen wave on your victory lap once you're done flinging poo, Skid OG.

Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post
    Wow good memory jono.

I did say exactly that - that we would put all these multiple strategies into play and a subset of the population would see the beneficial results of these measures and somehow see this as evidence that the measures were unnecessary because it wasn't as big a problem as initially predicted.
    It feels a little surreal to watch the predictable claims of prescience play out in real time, but perhaps this was actually the simplest prediction of all.

Imagine doing your part and getting a vaccine only to find when you eventually got the disease that it didn't even kill you. Worse yet, you didn't get long COVID--or worse yet, it wasn't even that bad!!

Now imagine you'd spent all your mental energy shit talking that damn vaccine and you had another 40 years to live with the nagging doubt that maybe it helped. Never knowing for sure.

I don't want to accuse anyone of introspective curiosity or anything, but I can see how the subconscious insult might fester a bit.
    A woman came up to me and said "I'd like to poison your mind
    with wrong ideas that appeal to you, though I am not unkind."

the funny thing about science is that when science is “wrong” and new science is “right” that’s just kinda how science works
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Meanwhile here in W2 our numbers are high (and they are climbing around the state). My friend's grandmother just died of it and I know of multiple people who recently had or have it. Still wearing that mask when I go out. Don't want to get it and give it to my mother. Maybe this Spring I'll finally ditch it.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism