Page 1569 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 1564 1565 1566 1567 1568 1569 1570 1571 1572 1573 1574 ... LastLast
Results 39,201 to 39,225 of 41810
    Just chiming in to say that “cockapoos” is criminally underutilized….Hope you’re doing well, Jono…..
    What we have here is an intelligence failure. You may be familiar with staring directly at that when shaving. .
    -Ottime
    One man can only push so many boulders up hills at one time.
    -BMillsSkier

Quote Originally Posted by seano732 View Post
    Just chiming in to say that “cockapoos” is criminally underutilized….Hope you’re doing well, Jono…..
    All but my mood, man! And likewise. Tylenol issues subsiding?

Also, altasnob, you should be more eager to question what world leaders (politicians) know that they aren't telling us. Though don't go too far down that rabbit hole - they are generally trying to keep us happy, or at least remain in office which is similar.

Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    For the cockapoos who can't be bothered to do their own research, read this before any more whining about a lack of American efforts to vaccinate the world:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corbevax
    There are already 15+ vaccines developed and approved for use around the world which are safe and effective.

Re inventing the wheel and pushing this new one through with an EUA is cool and all, but. Why not, um, use the 15+ already approved ones that are currently being made and distributed en masse?

Quote Originally Posted by altasnob View Post
    I wouldn't call it a promise. It's a prediction that very likely will be true. Here's what Neil Ferguson, arguably the top epidemiologist on planet earth, has to say about this:
    How are epidemiologists rated. Is there some kind of Sabermetrics for them? Deaths below replacement? Number of sponsorships?

For the cockapoos who can't be bothered to do their own research, read this before any more whining about a lack of American efforts to vaccinate the world:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corbevax
    I have a cockapoo. She's a wonderful dog. Find some other dog to use as an insult.

Quote Originally Posted by Asspen View Post
    There are already 15+ vaccines developed and approved for use around the world which are safe and effective.

Re inventing the wheel and pushing this new one through with an EUA is cool and all, but. Why not, um, use the 15+ already approved ones that are currently being made and distributed en masse?
    Because this one is not patented and can be made by anyone with the ability. Notice how much it cost? You want an omicron version? A factory in Africa? Start a kickstarter.

Switzerland being the first to separate out data for vaccinated, vaccinated plus booster, and unvaccinated is not something that interests you or you think is important? Is there another country out there doing this? Why do you not find this data interesting?
    It’s data that exists. You’re not special because you post it. I’ve read it.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

The WHO is still sounding the alarm of the unvaccinated poor countries. From NYTimes today:

Although vaccine shortages are easing, only about 62 percent of the world’s population has received at least one shot, and a striking divide between the rich and poor regions of the world remains. In low-income countries, only 10 percent of the population has received at least one dose. In high- and upper-middle-income countries, 78 percent have received at least one dose.

The potential consequences of the vaccine gap have been underscored by Omicron, which was first identified in southern Africa. Low vaccination coverage creates conditions for widespread virus circulation and with that the possibility of new variants emerging.

Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, the head of the W.H.O., said “It’s dangerous to assume that Omicron will be the last variant or that we are in the endgame. On the contrary, globally, the conditions are ideal for more variants to emerge.”

In my opinion, this is where 100% of our efforts, and every wealthy country on earth's efforts, should be at this point.
    Earlier today you posted that omicron would provide herd immunity. Now you’re posting about how omicron allows for new mutations. You’re all over the board. Go do something, get a life.

That’s my motto these days.

Time for a ski off. Where and when?
    I’m down, but I’d like it to be combo’d with net-worth and arm-wrestling comps.

The WHO is still sounding the alarm of the unvaccinated poor countries. From NYTimes today:

Although vaccine shortages are easing, only about 62 percent of the world’s population has received at least one shot, and a striking divide between the rich and poor regions of the world remains. In low-income countries, only 10 percent of the population has received at least one dose. In high- and upper-middle-income countries, 78 percent have received at least one dose.

The potential consequences of the vaccine gap have been underscored by Omicron, which was first identified in southern Africa. Low vaccination coverage creates conditions for widespread virus circulation and with that the possibility of new variants emerging.

Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, the head of the W.H.O., said “It’s dangerous to assume that Omicron will be the last variant or that we are in the endgame. On the contrary, globally, the conditions are ideal for more variants to emerge.”

In my opinion, this is where 100% of our efforts, and every wealthy country on earth's efforts, should be at this point.
    Yesterday you promised me a 6 month window. How am I supposed to know what to do if you researchers keep changing your minds all the time??
    Nothing I type on TGR is original thought. It's just a regurgitation what I read elsewhere. And I might say things that I know the author really, really, wants to say but can't.

Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    That’s my motto these days.

I’m down, but I’d like it to be combo’d with net-worth and arm-wrestling comps.
    It should happen at Taos. And I'd like to be a spectator. I've got a nice chunk o' change riding on MS as the winner of all Feats of Strength, Ski Off, and NW.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    How are epidemiologists rated. Is there some kind of Sabermetrics for them? Deaths below replacement? Number of sponsorships?
    They have an annual cage-match in the Octagon doncha know. Two epidemiologists enter, one epidemiologist leaves.

Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    TI’m down, but I’d like it to be combo’d with net-worth and arm-wrestling comps.
    Don't forget the Sam Elliot look-alike contest.

And the cage match.

Quote Originally Posted by Tri-Ungulate View Post
    They have an annual cage-match in the Octagon doncha know. Two epidemiologists enter, one epidemiologist leaves.

Unless one has MERS--than neither one leaves.

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    It should happen at Taos. And I'd like to be a spectator. I've got a nice chunk o' change riding on MS as the winner of all Feats of Strength, Ski Off, and NW.

MS will destroy the bunny and do it free heel, then drag the bunny carcas on a sled to the base patrol shack for proper disposal..
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Ski Off? Mandatory dolphin turns? Giddy up!!

All but my mood, man! And likewise. Tylenol issues subsiding?
    They are thanks for asking……..And OG I had no idea cockapoos were a dog breed.
    What we have here is an intelligence failure. You may be familiar with staring directly at that when shaving. .
    -Ottime
    -BMillsSkier

Annnnd we just got the dreaded email….Online learning only for the next week, at minimum….Due to staffing. Fuck.
    -Ottime
    -BMillsSkier

Altasnob & Benny said it will soon be over

They are thanks for asking……..And OG I had no idea cockapoos were a dog breed.
    cocker miniature poodle mix. A designer dog although she sure doesn't look like it.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cleo at my feet.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	1.13 MB 
ID:	402997

At 14 she still plays with her squeaky toys, chases balls and snow balls, and dives into the water after a flip flop--despite surgery on both hind knees. Howls when she wants something but has no problem pissing inside if we don't notice she wants to go out. Stood down a Belgian Malinois that had attacked our cocker and also the neighbor's Doberman who wasn't bothering anyone and who was crying to play with her.

When I was a kid cockapoos were generic mutts from the neighbors bitch that got knocked by some street dog. They were always being given away in front of the market. Now they are trendy designer dogs and cost big bucks.

Ahhh, the genius of marketing....mutts now sell for thousands of dollars.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wsj...nt-11643214336
    Here is a good piece from the Wall Street journal. Natural immunity for the win. Why would you get boosted if you just got covid? People do this all the time. Why do you need protection from a virus you just had and Got over? You don’t get a flu shot right after having the flu.

Is there data regarding omicron severity and hospitalization of unvaxed and reinfected peeps?

Quote Originally Posted by teletech View Post
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wsj...nt-11643214336
    Here is a good piece from the Wall Street journal. Natural immunity for the win. Why would you get boosted if you just got covid? People do this all the time. Why do you need protection from a virus you just had and Got over? You don’t get a flu shot right after having the flu.
    I think that's completely reasonable based on what I've read. As long as people understand that it's not a great idea to try to get COVID rather than get vaccinated.
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

Because this one is not patented and can be made by anyone with the ability. Notice how much it cost? You want an omicron version? A factory in Africa? Start a kickstarter.
    Ah yes. Because these 3rd world nations biggest concerns are a virus with a 99%+ survival rate, and the first thing these poor corrupt countries are going to do at the behest of the first world nations is spend millions (potentially billions) on a lab/manufacturing facility. They lack the technical expertise, drive to make an experimental drug, and funding to construct said facility. I am not even going to touch on how long construction takes in some of these countries. (Isn't time of the essence to snub out potential mutations?)

Think this one through. If the first world nations want to vaccinate the world, it's on us from a manufacturing, distribution, and administration of the shots. Shit, even just getting a 3rd world country to organize the distribution and vaccination sites (and the public outreach needed to get the people to show up) is a monumental task, let alone producing your own (QC'd and consistent) pharmaceutical product in a geographic location where this technological knowledge simply does not exist.

But yeah great idea. :takes giant bong hit:
    Last edited by Asspen; 01-27-2022 at 09:55 AM.

repeatedly has dismissed natural immunity by arguing that its duration is unknown—then failing to conduct studies to answer the question. Because of the NIH’s inaction, my Johns Hopkins colleagues and I conducted the study. We found that among 295 unvaccinated people who previously had Covid, antibodies were present in 99% of them up to nearly two years after infection. We also found that natural immunity developed from prior variants reduced the risk of infection with the Omicron variant. Meanwhile, the effectiveness of the two-dose Moderna vaccine against infection (not severe disease) declines to 61% against Delta and 16% against Omicron at six months, according to a recent Kaiser Southern California study. In general, Pfizer’s Covid vaccines have been less effective than Moderna’s