Page 902 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 897 898 899 900 901 902 903 904 905 906 907 ... LastLast
Results 22,526 to 22,550 of 41810
    No. I mean, I see your point, but, no.

Quote Originally Posted by snowaddict91 View Post
    https://kutv.com/newsletter-daily/ut...ose-face-masks

If I see this shit it may get ugly.

French bus driver attacked over mask rules dies
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    One might argue that people who haven't had kids are the most capable of giving parenting advice, given the amount of piss poor parenting I see.
    That’s rich, compelling and rich.

Do you take marriage advice from college bachelors too?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    People with no kids giving parenting advice is always cute.

Like the white guy who raises his fist in the air with the black guys.

If this is directed at me if you read my posts you would see I'm not giving parenting advice. I'm sharing my thoughts on opening schools and resuming traditional class structure or perhaps bending with the times and creating a different way of learning for the moment. As a person who has been through school and pays taxes to fund those schools I am both knowledgable and qualified to opine on the subject to a degree IMO.

I'm also drawing on my own experience of having been a child and having experienced tramatic events that occured in my childhood. While those events shaped my life they did not leave me unable to move forward. I was able to get past them and thrive and they were much, much worse than having school closed for a period of time.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

“I wouldn’t take parenting advice from someone without kids. That’s cute that they even want to offer it.”

What if the childless person has been a grade 1 teacher for 20 years? What if they are a pediatrician?

Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post
    “I wouldn’t take parenting advice from someone without kids. That’s cute that they even want to offer it.”

What if the childless person has been a grade 1 teacher for 20 years? What if they are a pediatrician?
    Sure, I’d take medical advice and educational advice from a doctor or a teacher without kids.

Who's potentially more objective about children - parents or non-parents?

Sure, I’d take medical advice and educational advice from a doctor or a teacher without kids.

That can be parenting advice no matter how you label it.

That’s rich, compelling and rich.

Do you take marriage advice from college bachelors too?

no but millions of catholics take marital advice from priests.

https://kutv.com/newsletter-daily/ut...ose-face-masks

If I see this shit it may get ugly.
    I'd sign up for the texts just so I know where not to be when the shit goes down. I wouldn't have much patience for that either.

Parent or not, married or not don't you think that both groups can give advice on what they've experience?

A person might not have kids but they were a kid and can say "my parents did this and it was bad or my parents did that and it made all the difference to me." Such as when we had the discussion about reading to your kids and I recalled what fond memories I had of my mother reading to me fully endorsing it as something a parent should do yet I do not have kids of my own to read to (though I've read to friend's kids).

With regard to marriage advice from a single person it cuts the same way. If they had a two parent family they were able to observe what worked and what didn't. What was positive in their family and what impacted it negitively. Maybe that college bachelor let one get away through indifference and he tells you - "dude, it's the little things that make all the difference don't mess up like I did." That's just sound advice regardless of whether or not he has a ring on his finger.

Fear and Loathing, a Rat Flu Odyssey

One might argue that people who haven't had kids are the most capable of giving parenting advice, given the amount of piss poor parenting I see.
    Haha. Nope. The most capable of giving parenting advice are actual parents whose kids are now mature, responsible, kind, intelligent adults.

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    I still don’t understand why we need teachers to babysit during a pandemic. I realize it’s hard for people with kids at home but it’s hard for everyone.

So what do you suggest people do with their 6 and 8 year old when mommy and daddy have to work?

It worked during shutdowns because everyone was home. Now people are going back to work and need childcare/school.

Can I get a list of the global pandemics you boomers lived through as children? Or a prolonged period where all schools and most child care programs were closed? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by funkendrenchman View Post
    Haha. Nope. The most capable of giving parenting advice are actual parents whose kids are now mature, responsible, kind, intelligent adults.
    Agreed. They are the *most* capable. 100%.

Are they the *only* people capable? No.

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    and even if we get a turnover in leadership it won't make a lot of difference with the sector of the public that think it's a hoax and refuse to implement what self-mitigation they can because now they will be REALLY mad as a wet hen and even more full of conspiracy theories.

Just got a text from a GF who is in Sisters, OR. She said the number of over 70s wearing their masks like feedbags around their chins so it doesn’t smear their lipstick is crazy.
    Hmmm, I just got back from a quick run to Rays and Bimart. Only one person without a mask (white male). No chin maskers, Just a few that didn’t cover their nose. But I didn’t go into “downtown” either - may be a tourist thing.

cross post from "white women" thread

"that's ok...those are the people that walked the Jews into the gas chambers.....I have 13 psychology degrees"

Quote Originally Posted by concretejungle View Post
    Can I get a list of the global pandemics you boomers lived through as children? Or a prolonged period where all schools and most child care programs were closed? Thanks.
    all old guys probably didn't do shit raising their kids anyways, their wives did. I don't split raising our kids 50-50 but it's a whole different world now of shared parenting compared to, I dunno, even 10-20 years ago. So while I'm sure some were single dads and know their shit, I'm reaalllll hesitant to get parenting advice from some old dude these days. I wanna see their parenting resume first please.

and also, if you don't know the personality of my kids, it's hard for you to guess what work and doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by happytimefunbox View Post
    In covid related memes...

Ahhhhhh the circle of lifeAttachment 334292

ETA-more like the Z of life but you get the picture
    Well, at least he died doing what he loved... Owning the libs.

Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post
    cross post from "white women" thread

"that's ok...those are the people that walked the Jews into the gas chambers.....I have 13 psychology degrees"

I guess the Mensa home had a breakout.

From an earlier link

“Those with better working memory capacity also tended to view social distancing has having more benefits than costs and were more likely to have a preference for fairness during an Ultimatum Game, which partially explained the association.”

“The decision of whether or not to follow social distancing guidelines is a difficult one, especially when there is a conflict between the societal benefits (e.g., prevent staining public health resources) and personal costs (e.g., lost in social connection and financial challenges). This decision critically relies on our mental capacity in retaining multiple pieces of potentially conflicting information in our head, which is referred to as working memory capacity,” Xie told PsyPost.”

I think, and here the shrinks have the word, that the lack of EMPATHY is a common denominator in the anti-mask crowd. This has been found in dangerous prison populations as well. I wonder if narcissism is also a common denominator. Both are attributes of the dear leader as well.

Claudio Naranjo (a recently deceased psychiatrist) would have had a hay day with all this.

Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    I'd sign up for the texts just so I know where not to be when the shit goes down. I wouldn't have much patience for that either.
    I was thinking the same thing. Maybe tip the store off as a bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    Parent or not, married or not don't you think that both groups can give advice on what they've experience?

A person might not have kids but they were a kid and can say "my parents did this and it was bad or my parents did that and it made all the difference to me." Such as when we had the discussion about reading to your kids and I recalled what fond memories I had of my mother reading to me fully endorsing it as something a parent should do yet I do not have kids of my own to read to (though I've read to friend's kids).

With regard to marriage advice from a single person it cuts the same way. If they had a two parent family they were able to observe what worked and what didn't. What was positive in their family and what impacted it negitively. Maybe that college bachelor let one get away through indifference and he tells you - "dude, it's the little things that make all the difference don't mess up like I did." That's just sound advice regardless of whether or not he has a ring on his finger.
    I tell you, from my life experience, I have heard enough to claim my respect that, when the man is either watching the birth of his child or first hearing of it, realizes, my life is forever changed. I've never been there, but, I sure can sympathize, and, financially, among many other deeper factors, it's been pretty damn good to be childless, so, I don't dare.

I was thinking the same thing. Maybe tip the store off as a bonus.
    I follow one of the local anti vaxxer ringleaders so I know what they're up to. Some of the shit they spew is really disgusting.

no but millions of catholics take marital advice from priests.
    Yea, and look how well that’s worked out.

Thanks for proving my point.

Quote Originally Posted by funkendrenchman View Post
    so....if a successful person who was a "mature, responsible, kind, intelligent adult" were to say: "I believe my parents doing x, y & z when they brought me up is directly responsible for who I am and the gains I have made" it would be dismissed as potential good parenting advice because that person has no children.

Yea, and look how well that’s worked out.

Thanks for proving my point.

Worked for my grandparents, parents and aunts & uncles and more of my friend's parents than not.

Maybe some of the responsibility lies with the individuals. People can give you advice but it's up to you to decide what to do with it, no?