Page 766 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 ... LastLast
Results 19,126 to 19,150 of 41810
    ugggh when i was a young'un golfer i couldnt understand how tiger woods could be sidelined from golf because of back injuries.

now......ack! just watching grass grow, huh? this sport hurts!

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    My diagnosis is spinal stenosis. Lot of that going around. Golf is bad for it too. Notice all those football coaches bending forward with their hands on their knees on the sidelines. They're not doing that to see better--they're relieving the pressure on the nerve roots. I lean forward too. But I don't grab strangers' pussies.
    I dont know. If it wasn't for golf, what would the fucker do for any kind of activity? And he rides a cart.

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Star View Post
    ugggh when i was a young'un golfer i couldnt understand how tiger woods could be sidelined from golf because of back injuries.

now......ack! just watching grass grow, huh? this sport hurts!
    You have to remember that Tiger got that way from hundreds of thousands more practice swings than 99% of mortals ever get near in total. And he started that when he was ten, or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    Granny clampette? Fuck that Shiite.
    Fuck your fuck that shit. She's awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    Elizabeth Warren for VP! Please.
    Kamala Harris V.P.

Warren Sec of Treasury

Quote Originally Posted by I Skied Bandini Mountain View Post
    Kamala Harris V.P.
    #heelsUpHarris

Sucking her way to the top. One dick at a time.
    . . .

Gonna be a long road out of this one...............virus ain't going nowhere if people keep carrying on like this:

A cluster of coronavirus cases was reported in Arkansas after a swim party

Yakima in WA state is again holding rallies with hundreds of people not wearing masks or social distancing. They scream about their right to peacefully assemble and recalling Inslee. Their rights are being trampled on and it's wrong! wrong! wrong! Ignorant idiots. As I said earlier, Yakima has the highest per capita cases of CV19 on the entire west coast. While they were holding this little rally today (that was attended by state reps from across the state) they reported another 91 cases and 2 deaths today. Another rally will be held tomorrow. Honestly, they're like teenagers who think they know everything but really have no understanding of what they are spouting off about.

See that big circle down south? That's Yakima:

When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Yup, Memorial weekend is gonna spike stuff bad.

Quote Originally Posted by capulin overdrive View Post
    unfortunately spikes, deaths and having to re-shut down is the only way people are going to learn.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    My question would be what if those with adverse effect had malaria? Wouldn't they have the same adverse reaction?

The side effects are known. I am far from a doctor, but can side effects change based on the malady the drug is treating? I didn't think they did. All drug have side effects, many with same as hcq/cq. Why not try if your Dr and you know the risks?

Please Drs chime in as I really don't know if side effects can get worse if your sick with something else. I mean aside from chemo that is, that's obvious. Covid though?
    Hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) is an old drug, been around longer than most of us. Overall it's relatively safe, and has been used by loads of people for malaria prophylaxis and therapy over the years. I used it for almost a year while I was in malaria endemic areas, although more recent trips to such regions I'd used mefloquine as prophylaxis.

Arrhythmia (abnormal heart rhythm that can lead to sudden cardiac death) did not originally show up as a red flag (or "black box label") on initial HCQ studies, but that may be because it was approved so long ago (in the 50s). The prevalence is not determined, again because the drug was approved before there was extended clinical trial “vetting”, although there are case reports of it causing heart arrhythmias in the medical literature. I'm guessing the actual incidence is pretty low, prolly <5% more likely <1% or less.

HCQ has since been observed to be associated with significant heart arrhythmias in SARS CoV 2 patients receiving it in combination with azithromycin (AZR), another antibiotic which is in a class of antibiotics (known as macrolides) that have a track record of causing arrhythmias. Again, since AZR is a relatively old drug, (though much newer than HCQ, from the 80s) the incidence of cardiac side effects is not well established, although again probably on the low side as above.

The recent Lancet article that's in the news right now, confirms earlier recent reports, and showed that both HCQ and AZR were each independently associated with an increased risk of heart arrhythmia (roughly double) during hospitalization of SARS CoV 2 patients. Also, no clinical benefit was observed, actually lower survival noted, with an increased risk of in-hospital mortality. A weakness of this study is that it is a retrospective analysis (looking back) and less able to adequately control for outcomes. By that, I mean that there is a possibility that sicker patients were the ones that received the drugs, and therefore skewed the results. However, the authors do address this in their analysis, and did their best to control for such variables, so overall I think it’s pretty sound.

To answer Skidog's question, the best way I can describe it is that in general, we don't think malaria has direct cardiac effects, although it has indirect effects that may contribute to heart failure, and the association is not particularly strong. What little we know about SARS CoV 2 is that the virus itself may have more direct effects on the heart, in terms of inflammation-mediated microclotting events in the heart vessels that can lead to dysfunction. So the side effects of HCQ and AZR, individually and combined, may be more pronounced in SARS CoV2 patients than in malaria patients.

Fear and Loathing, a Rat Flu Odyssey

^^^ Thank you. You’ve combined a lot of points that I’ve been saying to people and articles I’ve quoted as reference.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Quote Originally Posted by capulin overdrive View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    unfortunately spikes, deaths and having to re-shut down is the only way people are going to learn.
    Eeyore and Eeyoreette, people are being much more careful, overall. Maybe warm weather and precautions will mitigate the spread.
    "It's probably gonna rain"-Eeyore

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Have you seen him in white golf gear? He's, what, 74, does shit for exercise and stretching, and sits on the throne for an hour or maybe more every morning rage tweeting while he tries to expel fast food from last week. I'm seriously amazed he can stand and walk and talk at this point. It's really unfair on a macro personal fitness level. Hopefully, he drops like a stone from stroke or cardiac failure soon.
    Nothing is going to happen to him. He is proof there is no god, no karma and no justice. People like him suck but rarely if ever suffer the consequences of their actions. Suffering is reserved for the people they step on as they go about their daily glib lives.

Shit is getting real...wife's 96 year old uncle just diagnosed with the covid in Sarnia. Hoping for the best, preparing for the worst. He is in a retirement home and family hasn't been able to visit since March. If he dies, he will die alone, so take this shit seriously. This is our first family member directly affected, but my FIL is 92, but living at home (and we are doing everything we can to keep it that way.

For those of you who are happy to sacrifice a few old folks so we can go to bars, and the gun store without masks, fuck you!

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    Nothing is going to happen to him. He is proof there is no god, no karma and no justice. People like him suck but rarely if ever suffer the consequences of their actions. Suffering is reserved for the people they step on as they go about their daily glib lives.
    I'm in 100% agreement, but your posts have been darker than usual. Keep your chin up. You're one of the good ones.

The bad guys get theirs sometimes.

The issue with the old folks homes, with patients that need a lot of hands on care, is that someone has to do those tasks. That job is stressful and depressing. How do you ask people to do that job without getting to have a life outside of work (also true for hospital staff). My girlfriend can't go visit her daughter, because she would have to be off work for 2 weeks after she got back and they're short staffed as is. The question is how long do people in that profession have to live this way?

Quote Originally Posted by hutash View Post
    Shit is getting real...wife's 96 year old uncle just diagnosed with the covid in Sarnia. Hoping for the best, preparing for the worst. He is in a retirement home and family hasn't been able to visit since March. If he dies, he will die alone, so take this shit seriously. This is our first family member directly affected, but my FIL is 92, but living at home (and we are doing everything we can to keep it that way.

For those of you who are happy to sacrifice a few old folks so we can go to bars, and the gun store without masks, fuck you!
    Sorry to hear. Fucking sucks.

Fuck you to all those selfish fucks out there who act like this is just the flu, that it’s all fake news and we should just go about things like nothing is different. People like Costco Kevin.

Quote Originally Posted by skiballs View Post
    The issue with the old folks homes, with patients that need a lot of hands on care, is that someone has to do those tasks. That job is stressful and depressing. How do you ask people to do that job without getting to have a life outside of work (also true for hospital staff). My girlfriend can't go visit her daughter, because she would have to be off work for 2 weeks after she got back and they're short staffed as is. The question is how long do people in that profession have to live this way?
    Quote Originally Posted by skiballs View Post
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

If everyone had just hunkered down and done the right thing from the get-go, things would already be a lot better. NYT did an analysis in which they stated that had Trump told everyone to hunker down on March first, we would have had about 40,000 less deaths nationwide and this thing would almost be dicked.

Quote Originally Posted by splat View Post
    If everyone had just hunkered down and done the right thing from the get-go, things would already be a lot better. NYT did an analysis in which they stated that had Trump told everyone to hunker down on March first, we would have had about 40,000 less deaths nationwide and this thing would almost be dicked.
    And the amazing thing is had he done that and been even a half decent leader, and that was the result, he’d be riding the wave right into the next election. Instead the whole administration and the CDC couldn’t have fucked this up more.

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    Eeyore makes statements, that are subjective, mostly.

I qualified a question, before asking said ?.

Do you have a point amigo?

By the way, I keep thinking about that area of northern NM you spoke fondly of, aforementioned girlfriend grow up in them parts.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	6A340C31-C5EE-4F36-BF30-7261A3FCA4F3.jpg 
Views:	117 
Size:	366.5 KB 
ID:	329487

Quote Originally Posted by Rideski View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	6A340C31-C5EE-4F36-BF30-7261A3FCA4F3.jpg 
Views:	117 
Size:	366.5 KB 
ID:	329487
    Brazil's leader told his people to meet the virus like a man not a boy.

Jair Bolsonaro undermined Brazil’s coronavirus response. Now there’s a political crisis.