Page 711 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 ... LastLast
Results 17,751 to 17,775 of 41810
    Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    So I think it's time to start discussing criminal penalties for transmitting this thing. Obviously those would include penalties for employers who force workers to deal with unsafe conditions (lack of PPE, social distancing, paid sick leave, etc). Let's get out ahead of that this time, unlike HIV.

You won't see widespread compliance with mask wearing order unless there are serious penalties.
    Whoa man chill out... A friend sent it to me, I'll give him up though if you let me off I swear

Quote Originally Posted by splat View Post
    During the height of aids in SF, I remember reading about a woman surgeon who was apparently the first to wear a face shield during surgery. She explained how getting sprayed in the eyes with aids-tainted blood would infect her and some in the medical community thought she was over the top with her precautions.
    Bone saws...Dr. Day eventually quit over it (allegedly?). In the late 80's she spoke at my high school and stated that it was impossible to breathe through any mask that would stop the AIDS virus. (Apparently she hadn't yet hit on the idea of piping in air.) As a high school student that seemed plausible but now it seems unsurprising that she's also got "alternative" cancer treatments on that resume.

Name:  611494ED-AF1A-4A8A-882C-AF17FE75154A.jpeg
Views: 1383
Size:  51.4 KB

I can’t unsee this whenever I see somebody wearing a mask like this
    Name:  IMG_3341.JPG
Views: 1240
Size:  59.8 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Mofro261 View Post
    Is it possible is not the right question. Is it probable is a better way to look at it. Yeah for sure it's possible, but probability of getting it at a store from items bought is going to low to lower unless the store is associated with an outbreak of its employees.

I mean, wash your hands and fruit and veggies like normal you heathens. But no, not sweating getting the Covids off a package or box brought home either.
    When you guys say “wash your produce” what exactly do you mean? With soap and water? Rinse? Not trying to make a point here - just an honest question because I’m trying to figure out what is prudent. It’s easy to put salad greens in a spinner and rinse them down but is that effective vs taking an apple, for example, and putting soap on it and washing it off, then rinsing off the soap before I eat it.

Rasputin is online now Полые тростник на ветру
    Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    I don't get the gloves. If you leave them on for an extended period of time they are just as contaminated as your hands would be and a lot harder to sanitize. If you put them on to pump gas for example and then take them off you still should sanitize your hands, so might as well skip the gloves. Plus if there is virus on the gloves, in the course of taking them off you are releasing the bugs into the air, closer to your face. A big source of transmission in health care workers seems to be virus released in the areas where gowns, gloves and masks are removed although of course the viral counts are much higher in that setting.

In the health care setting the main use of gloves previously has been to prevent transfer of infection not from patient to HCW but from patient to patient by HCW. So you discard gloves in the patient's room before leaving and put on a new pair for the next patient. In the current setting they make sense for HCW's treating Covid 19 patients as an extra line of defense but only if discarded between each patient and hands washed or sanitized after. The washing or sanitizing is more important than the gloves.

Gloves became a thing with HIV when the concern was the virus being transmitted from body fluids of the patient into small cuts on the hands of the HCW or first responder. A very different scenario than what we are dealing with now. ;

Best case scenario would be hand washing stations all over the place is stores, gas stations, work places. Until then hand sanitizer will have to do.
    I use gloves everyday at work in the group home, for food prep, for applying topical medications, and for assisting with toileting (these uses are a matter of State as well as our company's policies). A couple of our residents receive them along with other medical supplies paid by medicaid. The rest were purchased at Costco, but now we are unable to buy them there anymore (no supply for some reason I guess), and have been limping along on what was in our company's supply closet. The several boxes a month allotted by medicaid don't go very far to meeting the need. We are running out.

So, for every one of you who use them to go grocery shopping, there are likely shortages for people who actually need them, to do their jobs, and to protect themselves from blood born pathogens (we have MERSA carriers where I work), that can be (and are actually) present in stool and urine, and the occasional vomit, not to mention being essential in administration of medications.

I just thought you ought to know.
    I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things. -אלוהים אדירים

I went to the dentist today.

They called yesterday morning, offering an appointment that day (first day they re-opened). Monday didn't work for me so I asked if there's another time. This dentist usually books out months in advance so (in the distant past) you had to take whatever you could get. Turns out their schedule was wide open and they had a lunch time slot for me today.

The instructions were to stay in my car and call them when I arrive. Wear a mask. They'll let me know when the chair is ready and I can head in. Upon entry, the receptionist took my 97.7* temp. Everyone inside was wearing a mask. My hygienist wore a shield over her mask; she was very chatty. Once I was in the chair, I of course de-masked. Weird, but seemed good and no cavities, so I guess life moves on.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mike View Post
    When you guys say “wash your produce” what exactly do you mean? With soap and water? Rinse? Not trying to make a point here - just an honest question because I’m trying to figure out what is prudent. It’s easy to put salad greens in a spinner and rinse them down but is that effective vs taking an apple, for example, and putting soap on it and washing it off, then rinsing off the soap before I eat it.
    Rinse or cold soapy water here.

Quote Originally Posted by Rasputin View Post

So, for every one of you who use them to go grocery shopping, there are likely shortages for people who actually need them, to do their jobs, and to protect themselves from blood born pathogens (we have MERSA carriers where I work), that can be (and are actually) present in stool and urine, and the occasional vomit, not to mention being essential in administration of medications.

Do you even MRSA, bro?
    the drugs made me realize it's not about the drugs

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    Quote Originally Posted by hutash View Post
    Lots of pretty colors and lines, but too many words so Trump will never read it.
    check my sig bro
    is something you've said a few too many times
    I git yours cause I SERVED for it
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

I use nitrate disposable gloves that I get at NAPA to keep the cooties off
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

It’s nitrile. And they are the same gloves needed for nursing homes etc.

I’m surprised there are any left anywhere. I see so many Karen’s gloved up everywhere they go.

And there’s always a pile of them by the grocery cart drop off. Like condoms in an alleyway
    . . .

I never said I was using disposable gloves. We donated our mostly full hudge box of them to a local place in need. I forget if it was a nursing home or the fuckng hospital both of which were running out. Imagine that. A hospital. THE hospital where I was born. Couldn't get gloves. So don't make assumptions. We have a ton of cheap work gloves. I use those to pump gas and then rotate the pair. Since we don't drive much, I haven't reused a pair since this began. Yes, having disposable gloves on everywhere I go would make me feel better but wouldn't really do anything other than divert them from from folks who need them more.

Not throwing stones. Just making observations.

I have an old box in the garage. Used them for nasty jobs. But I don’t get how they are reusable. I have reused them, but I always had to blow into them to get them off, or if not, then the fingers get inverted and I have to blow into them to get the fingers right again. Not gonna blow the corona!

I would think dishwashing gloves would be better. You can alternate pairs and bleach them when you get home. And they last forever.

Anyone thought about a napkin or grocery bag or sandwich bag for the gas pump handle?

I remember they used to offer vinyl gloves like the deli uses. Those have to be better than burning up nitrile glove supply.
    . . .

I am NOT reusing disposable gloves. The work gloves I have are not disposable.

Quote Originally Posted by Rasputin View Post
    I use gloves everyday at work in the group home, for food prep, for applying topical medications, and for assisting with toileting (these uses are a matter of State as well as our company's policies). A couple of our residents receive them along with other medical supplies paid by medicaid. The rest were purchased at Costco, but now we are unable to buy them there anymore (no supply for some reason I guess), and have been limping along on what was in our company's supply closet. The several boxes a month allotted by medicaid don't go very far to meeting the need. We are running out.

You guys on the front line aren't important. We've got too many WFH, over-privlidged boomers who need that PPE for their tactical grocery store runs and test kits to ensure their blow is covid free...I mean they need to save grandma after all.

We have more nitrile gloves than we know what to do with, and we receive more on a regular basis.

I still think there need to be penalties for non-compliance with mask wearing. Some municipalities have already implemented them, and I applaud those efforts. Enforcement of mask laws needs to be carried out by law enforcement, not some poor bastard who works at the grocery store.

$50/$250/your ass is getting arrested and booked into jail with a mandatory court appearance seems like a good three-tiered system. That way the public record will show who the true sociopaths are.

Texas can't seem to agree with itself on masks huh?

We have more nitrile gloves than we know what to do with, and we receive more on a regular basis.

I still think there need to be penalties for non-compliance with mask wearing. Some municipalities have already implemented them, and I applaud those efforts. Enforcement of mask laws needs to be carried out by law enforcement, not some poor bastard who works at the grocery store.

$50/$250/your ass is getting arrested and booked into jail with a mandatory court appearance seems like a good three-tiered system. That way the public record will show who the true sociopaths are.

Don't forget eye protection and full body condoms, which should be mandatory for anyone 60+ or with pre-existing conditions.

Name:  179E5A6A-447C-4B55-8A36-B57CCBE6DD06.jpeg
Views: 783
Size:  40.9 KB

Quote Originally Posted by m2711c View Post
    Name:  179E5A6A-447C-4B55-8A36-B57CCBE6DD06.jpeg
Views: 783
Size:  40.9 KB
    Plenty of pre-existing conditions on that orange fat fuck. Put him in an isolation bubble and lets move on with our lives.

Well then I think you have to make an actual LAW..... not an "executive order" its very gray, from my reading, what would actually be "rule of law" regarding Executive orders. They've really never been used for this type thing.

Like to see this done with cats.