Page 703 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 ... LastLast
Results 17,551 to 17,575 of 41810
    Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    It's the usage rate in those settings that is causing the shortages, dimwit.
    Hey. Don't call him a dimwit.

Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    Seems you read a lot of online comments KQ that really stress you out. Why?, I don’t understand and probably never will. Reading what some random shitbag thinks about an article isn’t even on my radar of things to care about.

Stop reading comments and just stick to TGR comments, at least you get some smart ass chuckles from time to time and maybe some man leg pics.

I don't always read them but I feel it's important to not live in a vacuum and that I should have some idea of what is going on in the minds of people in my community. I know not everyone thinks that way but I also understand how fast misinformation spreads.
    Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post
    KQ - was looking at this map of Oregon cases by zip code
    https://projects.oregonlive.com/coro...s/cases-by-zip

any insight on why Hermiston area is hit relatively hard? Besides all the testing of course...
    Maybe because it's a passthrough city on the way up from CA to Tri'Cities/Spokane. Lot of truckers and other travelers.

It's also a way into Washington from Boise.
    Last edited by KQ; 05-11-2020 at 09:48 AM.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    im still trying to figure out how a small company of 100 who never needed masks before has more masks than we can possibly use
    is it a special supply train thing?
    or are we buying from the same people anyone can?
    are we preventing others from gitting these supplies?
    or do health care systems not have the same level of supply access as small companies
    WHY or how is this?
    If you truly have too much you could always donate your extras to first responders.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Name:  6A4ECBD5-9C57-4181-948C-96A09A876072.png
Views: 1379
Size:  23.1 KB

Quote Originally Posted by m2711c View Post
    Name:  6A4ECBD5-9C57-4181-948C-96A09A876072.png
Views: 1379
Size:  23.1 KB
    I'm fairly certain that's Cultural Appropriation being that this whole thing kicked off in China and all. Shame on you, whitey.

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    Has

Steves in Somerville?
    Invented the whole "mix in' thing way back when. Steve sold out in the late '70s but the company still exists. There's an ice cream cone place in out town there that opened in 1908 and still pulls crowds. Hopefully they make it through this pandemic.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Invented the whole "mix in' thing way back when. Steve sold out in the late '70s but the company still exists. There's an ice cream cone place in out town there that opened in 1908 and still pulls crowds. Hopefully they make it through this pandemic.
    I was there in 80/81. On Ringe, a reasonable walk to one of the Steves in Somerville (?).
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Quote Originally Posted by Best Mexican Skier from Da South View Post
    Wearing a cloth mask or surgical mask is the new virtue signaling.
    And saying COVID-19 is fake news is the new paste eating.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    Heh.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post
    This thread moves way too fast. Have we gone over the concept that everyone constantly wearing a mask and sanitizing their hands a million times a day is doing more harm than good? Regardless of the actual risk of getting covid. Take that out of the question. I'm talking as a human who has decided to start killing as much of the good bacteria as possible on their body over the last 2ish months. I've been doing it too, but starting to wonder if I am being foolish in a way. Destroying so much of my bodies natural defenses over the potential fear of one disease and therefor opening myself up to all sorts of other infections in the process....or in the near future? Are we just gonna wear masks forever and all become frail little hermits?

I know this kind of talk puts me into "crazy asshole" territory, but I think it needs to be discussed. Sorry again if the thread has gone over this already.
    Virus's are different than Bacteria, you can goggle it
    while there are good and bad bacteria
    I don't think there are any good virus's

if you 6 ft distance you don't need a mask so much but
    mostly try and stay out of confined spaces with people

don't touch yer face & wash yer hands more especialy when you get home
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by mcski View Post
    Shortly after 9/11, when the chattering classes talked incessantly of the clash of cultures, Hitchens said the coming culture war wouldn’t be between Christianity and Islam, but between Secularism and Religiosity. Facts
    Vs Beliefs. I thought at the time it was pretty insightful, but didn’t envision it playing out in a pandemic.
    I'm not sure either side has anything to brag about.
    “When men choose not to believe in God, they do not thereafter believe in nothing, they then become capable of believing in anything.” GK Chesterton

Not wearing a cloth mask or surgical mask is the new idiot signaling.
    FIFY

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    Theantiseptics that kill viruses mostly kill bacteria, so in trying to kill viruses you kill bacteria as well. So it is not an unreasonable question. Fortunately there is no harm in killing the skin bacteria on a limited part of your body. Now if you started to do bleach enemas to kill the viruses in your bowel, you'd kill the good bacteria in there as well. But no one would be stupid enough to do that. Would they?

Don't stick bleach up your butt.

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post

if you 6 ft distance you don't need a mask so much but
    mostly try and stay out of confined spaces with people

don't touch yer face & wash yer hands more especialy when you get home
    Check this out: https://www.sciencealert.com/not-all...tective-effect

Along with that, 2 seconds of Googling will show you how bacteria DO wage war against viruses. We're a throwing a lot out of whack by over sanitizing the crap out of everything.

Sure, it's good to practice cleanliness, good hand washing, etc., but our society has gone WAAAAAAAAAY overboard lately. Make way for the superbugs, folks!

Sent from my Pixel 3 using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    I'd say the new freedom fries. The paste eaters never hurt anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    The antiseptics that kill viruses mostly kill bacteria, so in trying to kill viruses you kill bacteria as well. So it is not an unreasonable question. Fortunately there is no harm in killing the skin bacteria on a limited part of your body. Now if you started to do bleach enemas to kill the viruses in your bowel, you'd kill the good bacteria in there as well. But no one would be stupid enough to do that. Would they?

Don't stick bleach up your butt.
    well the point would be the 2 are different and he was interchanging them seemingly at random but ^^ good caveat ... it is America

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    I'm not sure either side has anything to brag about.
    “When men choose not to believe in God, they do not thereafter believe in nothing, they then become capable of believing in anything.” GK Chesterton.

Quote Originally Posted by AustinFromSA View Post
    Check this out: https://www.sciencealert.com/not-all...tective-effect

Along with that, 2 seconds of Googling will show you how bacteria DO wage war against viruses. We're a throwing a lot out of whack by over sanitizing the crap out of everything.

Sure, it's good to practice cleanliness, good hand washing, etc., but our society has gone WAAAAAAAAAY overboard lately. Make way for the superbugs, folks!

Sent from my Pixel 3 using TGR Forums mobile app
    You seem exceptionally knowledgable. Just so we can all level-set, where would you place yourself on this graph?

Name:  Screen Shot 2020-05-11 at 12.54.39 PM.png
Views: 1154
Size:  79.3 KB

Wearing a cloth mask or surgical mask is the new virtue signaling.
    I guess surgical masks are the new cig butts. Just throw them on the ground when you are done. They’re all over, everywhere.
    Ski Shop - Basement of the Hostel

Do not tell fish stories where the people know you; but particularly, don't tell them where they know the fish.

Mark Twain

https://www.cidrap.umn.edu/news-pers...sed-sound-data

Center for Infectious Disease Research and Policy backs up their analysis with studies while the CDC backs up their guidelines with... nothing but feel good virtue signaling.

"Sweeping mask recommendations—as many have proposed—will not reduce SARS-CoV-2 transmission, as evidenced by the widespread practice of wearing such masks in Hubei province, China, before and during its mass COVID-19 transmission experience earlier this year. Our review of relevant studies indicates that cloth masks will be ineffective at preventing SARS-CoV-2 transmission, whether worn as source control or as PPE."

"Kellogg,21 seeking a reason for the failure of cloth masks required for the public in stopping the 1918 influenza pandemic, found that the number of cloth layers needed to achieve acceptable efficiency made them difficult to breathe through and caused leakage around the mask. We found no well-designed studies of cloth masks as source control in household or healthcare settings."

"In sum, given the paucity of information about their performance as source control in real-world settings, along with the extremely low efficiency of cloth masks as filters and their poor fit, there is no evidence to support their use by the public or healthcare workers to control the emission of particles from the wearer."

"In sum, wearing surgical masks in households appears to have very little impact on transmission of respiratory disease. One possible reason may be that masks are not likely worn continuously in households. These data suggest that surgical masks worn by the public will have no or very low impact on disease transmission during a pandemic.

There is no evidence that surgical masks worn by healthcare workers are effective at limiting the emission of small particles or in preventing contamination of wounds during surgery."

There is no evidence that surgical masks worn by healthcare workers are effective at limiting the emission of small particles or in preventing contamination of wounds during surgery."
    Not worth re-quoting as people will take the whole stupid article out of context. Just read this ...

https://medium.com/@Cancerwarrior/co...e-280e08ceee71

Save sane people the clicks: one guy posted an article with nothing to do about hand washing - rather the great insight that there are beneficial bacteria and viruses

The other guy posted an out of date article about 2 months old (4/1) highlighting that at that time there's no evidence for wide-spread use of cloth-masks as effective PERSONAL prevention.

Quote Originally Posted by huckbucket View Post
    You seem exceptionally knowledgable. Just so we can all level-set, where would you place yourself on this graph?

Name:  Screen Shot 2020-05-11 at 12.54.39 PM.png
Views: 1154
Size:  79.3 KB
    Thanks for the laugh. I'm way off the chart, in case anyone cares....
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    I don't always read them but I feel it's important to not live in a vacuum and that I should have some idea of what is going on in the minds of people in my community. I know not everyone thinks that way but I also understand how fast misinformation spreads.

Maybe because it's a passthrough city on the way up from CA to Tri'Cities/Spokane. Lot of truckers and other travelers.

It's also a way into Washington from Boise.
    Do you have a local FB page where trumpsters are telling older folks the go fuck themselves? I do and I'm sure you have a good portion of your neighbors think the same way. They are following the lead from the WH. Owning the libs is job one for those pos people. So it's time to concentrate on what we can control. We know as much about the virus as we do about avalanches. We're in high consequence avy terrain with yahoo's making ski cuts above us. Our safety depends on our ability to avoid getting caught.

I saw a cellphone tracing vid that showed cellphones going from Tyson in Iowa to SE Washington state. Avy danger is at Extreme for a while. Safe route selection in key to survival. Maybe time for a new method of securing your animal needs for a while?
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

Quote Originally Posted by wooley12 View Post
    Do you have a local FB page where trumpsters are telling older folks the go fuck themselves? I do and I'm sure you have a good portion of your neighbors think the same way. They are following the lead from the WH. Owning the libs is job one for those pos people. So it's time to concentrate on what we can control. We know as much about the virus as we do about avalanches. We're in high consequence avy terrain with yahoo's making ski cuts above us. Our safety depends on our ability to avoid getting caught.
    Feels like it's time for a safety meeting ....