Page 330 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 ... LastLast
Results 8,226 to 8,250 of 41810
    Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post
    'We win': Trump appears to claim victory over coronavirus as US death toll jumps 129 in one day
    Mission Accomplished

Quote Originally Posted by huckbucket View Post
    How is your county doing on social distancing? Here's your cell GPS data. Will take someone with tech knowledge to understand where the data derives. Maybe it's an app?

https://www.unacast.com/covid19/soci...ing-scoreboard
    Just apple watching you

Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    India and other 3rd world countries are going to be decimated. I'm more worried about them than us to be honest.
    They tend to have younger populations so have that going for them. We might have 'the best health care in the world' but all bets are off given the health of the average 'Mercan will overload the system. The South will be decimated. I'm more worried about us than them to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Star View Post
    cutting salary in half but hours by 100%? if you dont mind me sounding a little presidential, I'd say you just got a big, beautiful raise!
    Oh no no...50% cut in hours too. Which makes sense for people in the office, but not so much for the field. Our job isn’t dictated by any clock.

Quote Originally Posted by Cono Este View Post
    India on lock down. Police beating people with sticks who violate the curfew.

They’ve got a chance.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Some here would call that positive progress. Hopefully they have some tanks they could drive down streets and start running people over that don't listen. Fuck freedoms and the millions who have died for it...let's squash it all in the name of this pandemic!

Is this all very real and very serious? Obviously, but we have now added another casualty to the list that had previously included physical health, mental health and economic destruction. We now are at risk of willingly handing over our rights. Yay.
    "We had nice 3 days in your autonomous mountain realm last weekend." - Tom from Austria (the Rax ski guy)

Quote Originally Posted by powdork View Post
    Where does that come from? It doesn't jibe with the info on worldometers, although it could just have to do with the time of day they reset.
    ncov2019.live scrapes news, the national disease centers, JHSU, WHO and updates real time. It's one of many sources which now does so

Quote Originally Posted by yellofin View Post
    You must be around 70
    Make sure you disinfect the keyboard
    We don’t want to lose a legend
    How's your life stuck in your ugly house with your ugly family and no job? You're on your way to mug shot ville, I'll bet.

Well shit, I think I lost a friend to the virus recently. I had a tele-appt with my cardiologist this morning and he begged me not to go out anymore. Apparently he lost a patient that was a mt biker a few weeks ago, the guy couldn't get tested because it wasn't important yet and since there's no antibody test they can't prove it was Covid 19 but, all the signs were there. They did do an autopsy and his lungs were ravaged with fibrosis but so were two of the arteries around his heart, one is the same artery that I have a 70% blockage in and the other I have a 30% block in. He was pretty adamant about me staying away from all people, even said that if my wife goes out to go to the supermarket that I should move out and find another place to live. I was like where, the car? WTF... I was wondering why this person had stopped posting and wasn't showing up in pics from people that are out riding, I think I know now

Here's your at-home serologic test rolling out in UK. This is a SMART move. Why the fuck aren't we doing this in the US? IgM to show active and early infection (innate response) and IgG to show adaptive response and presumably protection. It will not directly measure if someone is infectious, but that data might be inferred from the timing of symptoms. The data set generated will be invaluable.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...le-within-days

Amazing he was still doing events as late as March 12th. Shows how fucking stupid this has all been.

Weren't they still talking about "taking it on the chin" on March 12th?

Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    Well shit, I think I lost a friend to the virus recently. I had a tele-appt with my cardiologist this morning and he begged me not to go out anymore. Apparently he lost a patient that was a mt biker a few weeks ago, the guy couldn't get tested because it wasn't important yet and since there's no antibody test they can't prove it was Covid 19 but, all the signs were there. They did do an autopsy and his lungs were ravaged with fibrosis but so were two of the arteries around his heart, one is the same artery that I have a 70% blockage in and the other I have a 30% block in. He was pretty adamant about me staying away from all people, even said that if my wife goes out to go to the supermarket that I should move out and find another place to live. I was like where, the car? WTF... I was wondering why this person had stopped posting and wasn't showing up in pics from people that are out riding, I think I know now
    Wow. Stay safe man.

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    Weren't they still talking about "taking it on the chin" on March 12th?
    People were hoarding toilet paper march 12, and he’s hosting a party for international travelers?

I’m call this the “reckoning”.

All stupidity collapses.

Quote Originally Posted by truckeelocal View Post
    They tend to have younger populations so have that going for them.
    But also massive numbers of dirt poor people who really have no way of isolating themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    But also massive numbers of dirt poor people who really have no way of isolating themselves.
    One wonders if half the population even is aware of what's going on.

Apparently Melanzana, the trendy CO sweatshirt company, is getting material from local health organizations to sew up masks. How much more trendy can that be?

Originally Posted by bennymac
    'We win': Trump appears to claim victory over coronavirus as US death toll jumps 129 in one day
    The UK seems to agree with Trump. Or as this is almost a week old, I'd guess it's Trump who's agreeing with those trendsetting Brits.

As of 19 March 2020, COVID-19 is no longer considered to be a high consequence infectious diseases (HCID) in the UK.
    https://www.gov.uk/guidance/high-con...-diseases-hcid
    "The mind, once expanded to the dimensions of larger ideas, never returns to its original size."

Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    Your cardiologist probably told this outright, as your post implies, but just in case: COVID-19 is particularly bad for people with heart issues.

Fast abnormal heart rhythms were responsible for just under 50% of patients being admitted to the ICU in China and signs of cardiac damage appeared in 60% of those who died versus 1% who survived.

Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    Apparently Melanzana, the trendy CO sweatshirt company, is getting material from local health organizations to sew up masks. How much more trendy can that be?
    Only one catch, they will have to pick them up in person in Leadville.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    If the virus doesn't get them, the resulting economic collapse probably will. A morbid thought, but the total death toll after all is said and done will be staggering. Just have to hope the drop in industrial pollution will offset the final tally some.

Cuomo is amazing, he doesn’t share the stage with any health official, and now he’s plugging his Dad.

Quote Originally Posted by SKIP IN7RO View Post
    Only one catch, they will have to pick them up in person in Leadville.
    And show local ID

Quote Originally Posted by yellofin View Post
    That’s funny
    But you’re still an asshole
    All alone in your little condo. With no real friends or family to help you
    At least you have your internet buddies
    Epic
    Ski
    . . .

Quote Originally Posted by BCMtnHound View Post
    If the virus doesn't get them, the resulting economic collapse probably will. A morbid thought, but the total death toll after all is said and done will be staggering. Just have to hope the drop in industrial pollution will offset the final tally some.
    How mobile and accessible are those remote poor populations? It's not like New York, Italy, and Spain full of global tourists and travellers. If it is contained in the large cities it might not hit the countryside. It's not widespread in USA flyover country. China was able to contain it to a region. Plus, the corporal punishment for violations.

Cuomo is amazing, he doesn’t share the stage with any health official, and now he’s plugging his Dad.

He's campaigning. Not like Biden, who's hiding.

Quote Originally Posted by gretch6364 View Post
    Some here would call that positive progress. Hopefully they have some tanks they could drive down streets and start running people over that don't listen. Fuck freedoms and the millions who have died for it...let's squash it all in the name of this pandemic!

Is this all very real and very serious? Obviously, but we have now added another casualty to the list that had previously included physical health, mental health and economic destruction. We now are at risk of willingly handing over our rights. Yay.
    Public health policy has always taken precedents over personal rights. Look up the history of TB inoculation.