Page 1168 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 1163 1164 1165 1166 1167 1168 1169 1170 1171 1172 1173 ... LastLast
Results 29,176 to 29,200 of 41810
    Quote Originally Posted by Tri-Ungulate View Post
    Man that had me scrambling to find out if my daughter was working this morning, but she is at a different location today.
    Move upside and let the man go through...

As the coronavirus pandemic raged back in March, End Times preacher Irvin Baxter appeared on televangelist Jim Bakker’s show to rail against people who participate in pre-marital sex, saying the pandemic may be a “wake-up call” sent by God to punish fornicators. But in a press release issued on Election Day, Baxter’s ministry announced that he had succumbed to the virus.

*mofro - glad your daughter is ok that must have stopped your heart

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Most people are going to be smart? At this point, over 65 million Americans voted for a Covid denier. And, did you see Trump do his I won they cheated speech at about 2:30 am Wednesday morning? Fairly short duration, but, in a crowded room with almost a hundred people in the WH, everyone maskless, and a lot of shouting. Much worse than the Rose Garden.

A lot of college kids are going to come home and silently kill their parents and grandparents, to start.
    My in laws invited everyone over. They are generally not in COVID denial category and don’t like the orange guy.

I had had to have quite the conversation with my wife about how this was a step to far for me since every health official out there is saying not to get together and I am not smarter than the experts on this one.

We have been doing other gatherings with family with masks or outside periodically, but this was sort of out there.

Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post

As the coronavirus pandemic raged back in March, End Times preacher Irvin Baxter appeared on televangelist Jim Bakker’s show to rail against people who participate in pre-marital sex, saying the pandemic may be a “wake-up call” sent by God to punish fornicators. But in a press release issued on Election Day, Baxter’s ministry announced that he had succumbed to the virus.

So, was he wrong and just randomly died of the virus, or right and proving that he had pre-marital sex? I gotts ta know.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

Quote Originally Posted by hutash View Post
    So, was he wrong and just randomly died of the virus, or right and proving that he had pre-marital sex? I gotts ta know.
    Well, his right eye does appear to be looking at some woman off camera.

Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post

With a blob of a neck and a chin that looks like a veiny nut sack, I don't think that guy is getting any sex, premarital or otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by mfcf13 View Post
    With a blob of a neck and a chin that looks like a veiny nut sack, I don't think that guy is getting any sex, premarital or otherwise.
    Everyone has a price

Quote Originally Posted by Mofro261 View Post
    Man that had me scrambling to find out if my daughter was working this morning, but she is at a different location today.
    Pheww...
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Fear and Loathing, a Rat Flu Odyssey

My father has been sick for 3 weeks and in the hospital for 2 weeks. He’s had remdesevir and steroids. Still on 4L of O2. Not much improvement. Barely enough energy for a 5 minute phone conversation. Do what you can to protect your loved ones.

Quote Originally Posted by funkendrenchman View Post
    My father has been sick for 3 weeks and in the hospital for 2 weeks. He’s had remdesevir and steroids. Still on 4L of O2. Not much improvement. Barely enough energy for a 5 minute phone conversation. Do what you can to protect your loved ones.
    Terrible. Wishing the best

Sorry to hear, FD. Hope he rebounds quickly!
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Healing vibes FD

Vibes, FD. Infecting a vulnerable person should be a concern for everyone, but unfortunately many seem to think that they are their own little islands.
    ride bikes, climb, ski, travel, cook, work to fund former, repeat.

Quote Originally Posted by climberevan View Post
    Vibes, FD. Infecting a vulnerable person should be a concern for everyone, but unfortunately many seem to think that they are their own little islands.
    Yep - saw a quote from a complete moran the other day:

"I've never worn a mask and I have never infected ANYONE!"

I had it for 8 days the steroids (Prednisone) is what helped me the most. I had the same issue with taking on the phone a min was too long. Forget about walking up and down stairs. I hope he gets better, its fucking horrible.

Quote Originally Posted by ICantLogIn View Post
    I had it for 8 days the steroids (Prednisone) is what helped me the most. I had the same issue with taking on the phone a min was too long. Forget about walking up and down stairs. I hope he gets better, its fucking horrible.
    I no-called-no-showed for a court date, and when my client called freaking out, I couldn't even get out "ask for a continuance" on the phone because I couldn't stop coughing. I don't think I could muster anything to eat for about 5 days. Lodged in my lungs. What kicked it for me was a Z Pak.

Man sorry to hear that, hoping for the best for your dad.

My other kid in Bozeman came down with symptoms 2 weeks ago, sore throat and mild fever, general fatigue. Tested pos for Strep, pos Covid, neg for flu. He's generally been careful but works at a grocery store and has been going to a gym to work out since the MSU gym closed in March, several of his coworkers have been sick too. He recovered quick once the strep was taken care of with antibiotics but still a wake up call that prevelence is increasing and not to let your guard down over the next few months as the covids are now everywhere in the US at once.
    Move upside and let the man go through...

Good luck.

Children infected with the coronavirus produce weaker antibodies and fewer types of them than adults do, suggesting they clear their infection much faster, according to a new study published Thursday.

Other studies have suggested that an overly strong immune response may be to blame in people who get severely ill or die from Covid-19. A weaker immune response in children may paradoxically indicate that they vanquish the virus before it has had a chance to wreak havoc in the body, and may help explain why children are mostly spared severe symptoms of Covid, the disease caused by the coronavirus. It may also show why they are less likely to spread the virus to others.

https://nyti.ms/3ez8udh

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41590-020-00826-9

Meanwhile, while we were distracted, that line is going vertical.

Quote Originally Posted by altasnob View Post
    Children infected with the coronavirus produce weaker antibodies and fewer types of them than adults do, suggesting they clear their infection much faster, according to a new study published Thursday.

Other studies have suggested that an overly strong immune response may be to blame in people who get severely ill or die from Covid-19. A weaker immune response in children may paradoxically indicate that they vanquish the virus before it has had a chance to wreak havoc in the body, and may help explain why children are mostly spared severe symptoms of Covid, the disease caused by the coronavirus. It may also show why they are less likely to spread the virus to others.

Interesting. So if you’re popping Vit D and zinc daily, that may actually hurt you if you get sick?

Quote Originally Posted by altasnob View Post

Interesting. I have been getting most of my questions answered by Derrick Rossi my buddie is build him a cottage and he loves to talk Covid. Im gone see what he has to say about the overly strong immune response.

. On Feb. 6, a scientist in a small infectious disease lab on the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention campus in Atlanta was putting a coronavirus test kit through its final paces. The lab designed and built the diagnostic test in record time, and the little vials that contained necessary reagents to identify the virus were boxed up and ready to go. But NPR has learned the results of that final quality control test suggested something troubling — it said the kit could fail 33% of the time.

Under normal circumstances, that kind of result would stop a test in its tracks, half a dozen public and private lab officials told NPR. But an internal CDC review obtained by NPR confirms that lab officials decided to release the kit anyway. The revelation comes from a CDC internal review, known as a "root-cause analysis," which the agency conducted to understand why an early coronavirus test didn't work properly and wound up costing scientists precious weeks in the early days of a pandemic.
    Early in this thread I asked why CDC didn’t just adopt the WHO procedure. The testing shitshow was ridiculous.

Hang tough fd. Hoping his immune system is catching up with it

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Meanwhile, while we were distracted, that line is going vertical.
    Rounding that corner like a motherfucker.