Page 1397 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 1392 1393 1394 1395 1396 1397 1398 1399 1400 1401 1402 ... LastLast
Results 34,901 to 34,925 of 41810
    Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post
    What is a “less that deadly dose of bleach”?
    One of three signs that I was making fun of some people's approach to risk reduction.

hydroxychlorquine and bleach are the solutions of the covidiots

exercise and diet are not

that's where I got tripped up...

fine I'll chug a beer, take a lap, and then repeat for my sins

do I have to wear a mask on the running track?

The problem with sarcasm in 2021 is that no matter how obviously sarcastic someone is, you can never safely assume that they aren't simply an idiot. And if they are being sarcastic, there is someone, somewhere who has said exactly the same thing and meant it seriously.

(It works both ways. I'm sure I've more than once said something seriously that people thought too idiotic not to be sarcasm. For that I thank them.)

Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post
    So I just had eye-opening experience about Covid testing.

I was waiting in our local Urgent Care clinic (see Gimp Central - Flexor Tendon Rupture) when a lady came in. Said one of her co-workers had tested positive and she & her three roommates were told to go to this clinic for testing. The other three were in the car

Receptionist tells her that her copay will be $75 because she's out of network. And same with the others (except as noted below). She has to go back to the car to get her wallet. Comes back and sez she doesn't have the money but can she write a post-dated check.

Answer is No

She sez one of her three roommates is on our state Medicaid and the other two don't have insurance.

Receptionist sez the uninsured price of a Covid test is $500.

So they all left without a test. Doubt they are gonna get one either.

Next person in line also needs a test but his insurance is recognized by the clinic so copay is $20
    He sez "I thought these tests were free."

Receptionist sez "that's the misconception. What happens is your insurance company gets paid by the fed government for reimbursement. You are still out the copay though". No mention of how to get reimbursed if uninsured.

How many things wrong can you find in this picture?
    Are COVID-19 tests free?

COVID-19 tests are available at no cost nationwide at health centers and select pharmacies. The Families First Coronavirus Response Act ensures that COVID-19 testing is free to anyone in the U.S., including the uninsured. Additional testing sites may be available in your area.

Community-Based Testing Sites for COVID-19

And for Washington:

Will insurance cover testing and treatment?
    If you have symptoms, or you’ve been a close contact of someone with confirmed COVID-19, there should be no cost to you for testing, whether you have insurance or not.

Insurance companies are not allowed to charge co-pays, facility fees or require prior authorization when someone is being evaluated for and tested for COVID-19.The state Insurance Commissioner is requiring insurers to waive co-pays and deductibles for COVID-19 testing, and has answered frequently asked questions about health insurance and COVID-19.

The Health Care Authority is working with insurance carriers across all the populations they purchase for (Apple Health, public employees and school employees). You may learn more on HCA's website.

If you don’t have health insurance, visit the Washington Health Benefit Exchange to find out if you qualify for free health coverage (Apple Health, Washington’s Medicaid program) or if you qualify to purchase individual health insurance under specific circumstances. Find answers to frequently asked questions about getting coverage during the COVID-19 pandemic.

Learn more about costs for COVID-19 testing (PDF) in Washington state.

Note: Providers can use the HRSA portal to explore reimbursement as well.

Hmmmmmm............

Dallas Man Says He Paid a $500 Co-Pay for a COVID-19 Test
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    Are COVID-19 tests free?

COVID-19 tests are available at no cost nationwide at health centers and select pharmacies. The Families First Coronavirus Response Act ensures that COVID-19 testing is free to anyone in the U.S., including the uninsured. Additional testing sites may be available in your area.

Community-Based Testing Sites for COVID-19
    Thanks for this

Using that link, there is a non-profit clinic in the area that will test people for free. But for-profit providers will not.

But for-profit clinic receptionist today either didn’t know this or couldn’t be bothered to direct them to non-profit.

And whoever told these ladies (one of their employers) to go to the for-profit clinic did them a disservice.

So now we have four more exposed-but-untested people walking Deschutes County.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    The problem with sarcasm in 2021 is that no matter how obviously sarcastic someone is, you can never safely assume that they aren't simply an idiot. And if they are being sarcastic, there is someone, somewhere who has said exactly the same thing and meant it seriously.

(It works both ways. I'm sure I've more than once said something seriously that people thought too idiotic not to be sarcasm. For that I thank them.)
    i think people might have reached a new level of stupid

I learned from the master who would be my father, apparently young guys who recognised the name meeting my older sister would offer that they had walked off the job cuz of pa, they had not even come back to collect whatever pay they had coming and they would admit he was right,

he was so acerbic if you fucked up , he was kind of a Brit he was doing Basil Fawlty before Basil Fawlty
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post
    Thanks for this

Using that link, there is a non-profit clinic in the area that will test people for free. But for-profit providers will not.

But for-profit clinic receptionist today either didn’t know this or couldn’t be bothered to direct them to non-profit.

And whoever told these ladies (one of their employers) to go to the for-profit clinic did them a disservice.

So now we have four more exposed-but-untested people walking Deschutes County.
    Congress passed a law that tests have to be free no matter what or where at least that is my understanding.
    Last edited by KQ; 04-28-2021 at 10:41 PM.

I and the other guy there thought the same way. If that’s the case then the clinic (Summit Medical Group) was not truthful nor helpful

That link seems to suggest only the non-profit in the region (Mosaic Medical) test for free -probably billing the feds directly.

Hopefully someone has steered these ladies to the right place. I really felt bad for them

Congress passed a law that tests have to be free no matter what or where at least that is my understanding.
    Laws are for suckers. (Sarcasm)

Shit.

Just returned from a funeral in PA on Sunday.

Indoor viewings, indoor service, unmasked indoor buffet lunch, lots of hugs.

Probably the worst scenario during a pandemic because nobody is thinking with their heads, so much emotion. I mean how can I not give my aunt a hug after her 30 yr old son drowned.

I have 1 shot in me and wore a mask the whole time, didn’t partake in the unmasked indoor dining. Day 3 and counting.....

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

That makes an enormous amount of sense. The grocery store around here is still advertising PCR tests for "Only $39!"

Quote Originally Posted by Smoova View Post
    Um, people have killed other people for not worshiping the "correct" invisible, sky fairy ...
    But sky fairies are watching us masturbate. We have to do everything that such magnificent entities act in our favor!
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    Shit.

Just returned from a funeral in PA on Sunday.

Indoor viewings, indoor service, unmasked indoor buffet lunch, lots of hugs.

Probably the worst scenario during a pandemic because nobody is thinking with their heads, so much emotion. I mean how can I not give my aunt a hug after her 30 yr old son drowned.

I have 1 shot in me and wore a mask the whole time, didn’t partake in the unmasked indoor dining. Day 3 and counting.....

Shit AK, sorry for your loss....Hang in there mang.
    What we have here is an intelligence failure. You may be familiar with staring directly at that when shaving. .
    -Ottime
    One man can only push so many boulders up hills at one time.
    -BMillsSkier

Quote Originally Posted by seano732 View Post
    Shit AK, sorry for your loss....Hang in there mang.
    Thanks man. You know it how it is. I just feel for my family once the dust settles.

Guy had a seizure (not epileptic) while in a hot tub alone at a hotel on vacation. Death Caught on security cam. Just so random.

Fear and Loathing, a Rat Flu Odyssey

School district has been totally in person all year since September....staff/employees all vaccinated back in Jan/Feb. We assumed community was getting vaccinated as well....cuz it’s available and easy to schedule/get....and not much community/student COVID spread all year long.

Well.....now we are seeing huge spread/and sickness amongst kids in our HS/MS.....both schools going into virtual/quarantine today....all after school activities shut down....for the next 14 days.

Go all year in person.........and now at the very end of the year there is enough spread in the kids to shut the schools down?

How the heck does that even happen?....again, as said many times...see the light at the end of tunnel....but the damn tunnel keeps gets longer....

Quote Originally Posted by BC. View Post
    School district has been totally in person all year since September....staff/employees all vaccinated back in Jan/Feb. We assumed community was getting vaccinated as well....cuz it’s available and easy to schedule/get....and not much community/student COVID spread all year long.

Well.....now we are seeing huge spread/and sickness amongst kids in our HS/MS.....both schools going into virtual/quarantine today....all after school activities shut down....for the next 14 days.

Go all year in person.........and now at the very end of the year there is enough spread in the kids to shut the schools down?

How the heck does that even happen?....again, as said many times...see the light at the end of tunnel....but the damn tunnel keeps gets longer....
    Variants?

Fear and Loathing, a Rat Flu Odyssey

Variants?
    Assuming....it’s just so weird. There was really no spread in our students up until this past month....and now it’s like exploding.

Lazy ass fuck head parents who may not have been doing a great job before but recently said fuck it?

It's definitely the variants. The same thing happened in Ontario.

I believe variants are ultimately what shut Whistler down
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

What are you idiots whining about?? DeBlasio sez we can all hit up the local bars by July 1!!
    (Sarcasm)

I'm starting to get a bad feeling ......
    (Not Sarcasm)

Quote Originally Posted by BC. View Post
    Assuming....it’s just so weird. There was really no spread in our students up until this past month....and now it’s like exploding.
    Variants and also that's how exponential spread works. If there's a variant where each kid spreads it to 2 others--2.4.8.16--you get the idea. And the average kid and young adult have a lot more contacts to catch it from/spread it to, so I would assume it would spread faster in a school than just about any place else. (The older you are the less contacts you have until they put your ass in the nursing home--then look out.)

PM me with your questions on "Should I wear a mask when/if.....?"

I'm happy to consult.

Is the spread in the community similar or worst than the spread in known infections in the schools? Has testing frequency increased? What about testing positivity?