Page 1329 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 1324 1325 1326 1327 1328 1329 1330 1331 1332 1333 1334 ... LastLast
Results 33,201 to 33,225 of 41810
    tested negative today for the second day in a row but still in quarantine until tuesday as my old man has tested positive. got my schedule confirmation for the first round of the vaccine on wednesday! ready for this shit.
    swing your fucking sword.

Quote Originally Posted by stealurface831 View Post
    tested negative today for the second day in a row but still in quarantine until tuesday as my old man has tested positive. got my schedule confirmation for the first round of the vaccine on wednesday! ready for this shit.
    Are they handing out vaccines in your neck of the woods differently than most of the country? Or are you considered an "essential worker"?

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    Are they handing out vaccines in your neck of the woods differently than most of the country? Or are you considered an "essential worker"?
    i'm a first responder
    swing your fucking sword.

X

Quote Originally Posted by stealurface831 View Post
    i'm a first responder
    Ahhh... gotcha.

Quote Originally Posted by BobMc View Post
    Sorry about your friend Dan.

I like the sounds of that study. I feel fine again, but how long does this no taste thing last?
    Generally, around 3 weeks. Glad you're feeling better.

Sorry about your friend Dan.

I like the sounds of that study. I feel fine again, but how long does this no taste thing last?

Up to 6 months...for some of the unlucky ones, it hasn't come back.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/06/healt...ess/index.html
    Move upside and let the man go through...

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    X
    Nice to see The South leading for once.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

It has certainly risen again ...

Weren't they leading in infections for most of the year?

Apparently DU is working on an antibody test that looks at 12 criteria instead of two if I remember the article correctly. Because of this perhaps able to predict who would have a bad reaction.

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2021/...9flLRu20U4nWXU

More than three-quarters of people hospitalised with COVID-19 still suffered from at least one symptom after six months, according to a new study.
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2021/...9flLRu20U4nWXU

More than three-quarters of people hospitalised with COVID-19 still suffered from at least one symptom after six months, according to a new study.
    And yet some people are more worried about the vaccine
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

they all sound the same when they are gurgling into a chest tube
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by gretch6364 View Post
    I read back two pages and didn't see this brought it up...if it was further back my apologies, because the thread was discussing this, so it probably was already...but

Healthcare workers on the front line are seeing the truth of who COVID is killing, etc., and yet it appears there is a pretty huge chunk of healthcare workers declining the vaccine. A bunch of article in the news about it today. There just seems to be more to all this then what one would think in a deadly pandemic.
    There just seems to more to this? Yup, some healthcare workers are nut jobs.

Meet Dr. Parry, she was at the Capitol the other day. Gotta love her Q flag.
    https://twitter.com/Cleavon_MD/statu...98242809139208

(see also: the doctors who were pushing Trump's Hyrdochlorquine theory).

Quote Originally Posted by mfcf13 View Post

Dismal

how long does this no taste thing last?
    We’re from Michigan, Bob.
    Being tasteless is our birthright, cradle to grave.

Fear and Loathing, a Rat Flu Odyssey

A friend, who is an NP at a family practice office, got her second Pfizer shot today. She came down with covid two days after the first vax. She had 5 known exposures at work prior to getting the first vax. It sounds like she was being consistently exposed for the past few months. Her husband, two kids, and mother (lives with them) all caught it, too, with symptoms. All on the mend now (hopefully!).

Quote Originally Posted by gretch6364 View Post
    Healthcare workers on the front line are seeing the truth of who COVID is killing, etc., and yet it appears there is a pretty huge chunk of healthcare workers declining the vaccine. A bunch of article in the news about it today. There just seems to be more to all this then what one would think in a deadly pandemic.
    Well there's that, and then again, the definition of healthcare worker can be broad, and encompass any number of individuals involved in the enterprise. This includes people with limited medical knowledge. Even those with some degree of training, say, a PA student from Tennessee perhaps, might balk because their understanding of the situation is, shall I say, incomplete. There are healthcare workers who don't ever see COVID19 patients, or at least sick ones, and don't realize how serious the disease can be. Then there are those who have bought into the whole freedumbz bizness, of which there are more than a few. There's tons of overlap between the aforementioned categories, and there are others not mentioned.

But gretch, what do you mean by "pretty huge chunk"? Let's see those articles you're referring to. Do you have any data backing up that assertion or are they those "heard it on teh Interwebz, or from a friend's sister-in-law's hairdresser whose roommate is a medical assistant" stories?

I read an article a little while back that a disproportionate number of HCW's declining the vaccine were people of color who reference the Tuskegee incident when asked why they were declining. The do not trust the government to have their best interests at heart. There is a lot of people of color at all levels of the healthcare field.

Quote Originally Posted by Tri-Ungulate View Post
    Well there's that, and then again, the definition of healthcare worker can be broad, and encompass any number of individuals involved in the enterprise. This includes people with limited medical knowledge. Even those with some degree of training, say, a PA student from Tennessee perhaps, might balk because their understanding of the situation is, shall I say, incomplete. There are healthcare workers who don't ever see COVID19 patients, or at least sick ones, and don't realize how serious the disease can be. Then there are those who have bought into the whole freedumbz bizness, of which there are more than a few. There's tons of overlap between the aforementioned categories, and there are others not mentioned.

But gretch, what do you mean by "pretty huge chunk"? Let's see those articles you're referring to. Do you have any data backing up that assertion or are they those "heard it on teh Interwebz, or from a friend's sister-in-law's hairdresser whose roommate is a medical assistant" stories?
    I'm not going to pretend to understand why but The Guardian suggests up to 40% of HCW in LA have refused the vaccine. 4th paragraph. https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...health-workers

She looks like an elitist

Just learned that director level for a nearby public health dept will not vax at recommendation of multiple physician friends. Their boss won’t either. “Too early.” I mentioned that I have multiple Dr friends that work in ER that are already past their second vax. Response was, “well, they probably have no choice.”

Quote Originally Posted by Tri-Ungulate View Post

I don't know the number of docs refusing the vaccine--I'm more concerned with the ones doing telemedicine, reading xrays, etc who are getting it--but the libertarian--authoritarian streak is strong among doctors. (Yes I know it sounds like an oxymoron but it isn't--my liberty, your obedience is the line of thinking). Those who go into politics tend heavily far right Republican. Then there docs like Slobodon Milosevic, Bashir al Assad, Che Guevara (wait a second, how did he get in there). It does depend a lot on age and gender and type of practice.

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    wife got her 1st tues as a 1b healthcare worker
    no side effects
    soli trollers git their second this week
    as as most of the 1as in ihc
    id take some antivax dumbfucks docs shot
    if i could
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno