Page 1157 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 1152 1153 1154 1155 1156 1157 1158 1159 1160 1161 1162 ... LastLast
Results 28,901 to 28,925 of 41810
    Ok, I have been converted into a covid denier. Everybody knows that Disney Paris isn't real:
    https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/29/media...own/index.html

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    The same reason you wear a mask in public: because it could help stop the spread of a rampant virus. This year's flu season may be very mild, or it may not be.
    That is it this year. It wouldn't surprise me if the societal cost of the flu this year is less than all costs of vaccination. Likelihood of exposure should be a century low given recent infection rates and probable social distancing through most (maybe all) of the flu season. (Should be--obviously not a certainty.) These are the conditions where the rational/selfish argument against vaccines starts to entice a few people.

Quote Originally Posted by frorider View Post
    You used to get actual flu (not a bad cold) every year? Did you do a lot of plane travel or something?

I had a bad flu almost 30 yrs ago after a shitty long flight. I lost ten pounds (I’m pretty lean to begin with) and it took two months to be full strength for climbing mtns etc.
    The actual flu, weakness achiness super tired and screaming upper respiratory. But not 10 pounds lost bad.

I think the flu is kind of like covids. Some people like me get the hammer and others barely notice. But they still get it. So my experience with my bodies reaction to flu makes me extremely wary of the covids. It could be people who suffer less from the flu are less worried about c19.

?

Or not.

Just thinking out loud after OG's comment.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

I got stuck for the flu a couple weeks ago, It strikes me that it might be good to get the flu shot to skip getting the flu

so not have to deal with Flu & covid at the same time ... could be life or death ?

they are giving it free up here for almost any reason
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

I would also suggest that not having had the flu before (despite never getting a shot) is probably pure luck and that luck is likely to run out sometime.

Quote Originally Posted by bigdude2468 View Post
    Interesting for sure. Wonder what the trend is with autopsies in other countries where profit is not the bottom line on healthcare.

felt like getting a test after hanging with friends last weekend. No symptoms or anything but if its free I might as well. King county rocks.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20201029_091748.jpeg 
Views:	124 
Size:	91.9 KB 
ID:	345499

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using TGR Forums mobile app
    god created man. winchester and baseball bats made them equal - evel kenievel

^ Is that the old emissions test station on Aurora just north of Home Depot?

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    Seems like the right thread, no need to create another.

Talk me in or out of a flu shot. I'm completely open minded on the subject and have never had one, or the flu (besides the 'rona).
    Well, if you never needed one, don't get one. Wait until you get the flu and need it, then get the shot. Same for the COVID, or any other infectious disease. Preventative medicine is way over rated.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

The point of a ful shot is to prevent the flu, they told me flu shot takes 2 weeks to kick in so if you wait till you got the flu to get a flu shot its too late,

other than telling you its time to quarantine, there isnt any point in getting a covid test unless you got the symptoms, just a waste of time & resources
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Looks like it. And since you are no longer required to get an emissions test on your vehicle, they have to do something useful with all those state owned emissions testing sites.

Sarcasm doesn't work the same online. Use italics or /s

Idiots

/s

I got the flu once in my life, when I was 20, and it knocked me on my ass. I was basically bedridden for 3-4 days, only getting up to use the bathroom and sleeping most of the day. If it can do that to a healthy 20-year old, I really don't want to get it again, now that I'm...let's just say not 20 anymore. Free flu shot for prevention? Why not? I wear my seat belt even though I've never crashed my car.

https://twitter.com/laurie_garrett/s...27987847139329

I've said it before, but it bears repeating. There is one place in the world where a map of #COVID19 cases & deaths reveals a straight line, with a huge amount of disease on one side, very little on the other.
    Where? The 3000+ mile border US/#Canada
    It's stark.
    Name:  map.png
Views: 1291
Size:  38.1 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Zeedashbo View Post
    felt like getting a test after hanging with friends last weekend. No symptoms or anything but if its free I might as well. King county rocks.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20201029_091748.jpeg 
Views:	124 
Size:	91.9 KB 
ID:	345499

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using TGR Forums mobile app
    Sounds like a stellar use of resources.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by simple View Post
    Sarcasm doesn't work the same online. Use italics or /s

Idiots

/s
    It's more of an art form than a science. And science is definitely a waste of time and money.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

This is a huge misrepresentation.

That map only gives the total per province in Canada vs by county in the US.

For sure the infection rate is lower in Canada than most parts of the US, but right now it's not at dramatic as most of us Canadians would like to believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Toadman View Post
    It's more of an art form than a science. And science is definitely a waste of time and money.
    Sarcasm is humor for lazy people. Not an art form

Quote Originally Posted by simple View Post
    Sarcasm is humor for lazy people. Not an art form
    You shut your whore mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by The Tortoise View Post

For sure the infection rate is lower in Canada than most parts of the US, but right now it's not at dramatic as most of us Canadians would like to believe.
    Thank you. I was kinda curious how Canada managed to move everyone away from the border so well.

Quote Originally Posted by SoVT Joey View Post
    Sounds like a stellar use of resources.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Negative nose swab selfie. It has beat out the dick pic pm as the best way to get lucky on tinder.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by The Tortoise View Post

700 deaths per million in America
    200 deaths per million in America’s hat

the map misrepresents the situation but the body count does not.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Medical professionals are recommending you quarantine for up to two weeks of you come down with flu like symptoms. So if you don't want to be stuck in your house for a week or two (again) get the flu shot.

Sent from my SM-N986U using TGR Forums mobile app
    Quote Originally Posted by Hohes View Post
    I couldn't give a fuck, but today I am procrastinating so TGR is my filler.
    Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    faceshots are a powerful currency
    get paid

so great that they have repurposed those but a bummer a pandemic brought it about.

Quote Originally Posted by dan_pdx View Post
    I got the flu once in my life, when I was 20, and it knocked me on my ass. I was basically bedridden for 3-4 days, only getting up to use the bathroom and sleeping most of the day. If it can do that to a healthy 20-year old, I really don't want to get it again, now that I'm...let's just say not 20 anymore. Free flu shot for prevention? Why not? I wear my seat belt even though I've never crashed my car.

Remember all you flu shot fence sitters: It take about 2 weeks for immunity to build so the longer you delay the deeper you are into flu season. Conversely if you get it too early immunity will wane when you need it most. Sweet spot for the northern hemisphere is between early September and late October.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

virus showing a steady increase in many major wintersports markets.....

https://www.saminfo.com/images/COVID...ing_102520.pdf

soon to be spreading to a major resort near you....