Page 886 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 881 882 883 884 885 886 887 888 889 890 891 ... LastLast
Results 22,126 to 22,150 of 41810
    Quote Originally Posted by splat View Post
    What is xe talking about?
    The languages with gender specific definite articles are fucked.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    The evidence that airborne transmission is important and is likely the most common mode of transmission is strong but I doubt it is the only means. In any case, it seems that the virus can linger in the air for some time. So if the first group in the house filled it with virus, the second group is likely breathing it. Not to mention transmission within both groups--neither looks like a single household.
    We’ve suspected it was airborne since January and known it was airborne since February. However, we know that the primary mode in community spread is still droplet.

Airborne just isn't a concern for the AirBnB group following because at most there is 2-3 hours viability for viral particles in aerosols and probably <1hr. This isn't airborne like Measles is.

The concern for AirBnB is fomites (including droplet/aerosol fallout) but that's even less common than airborne transmission. Exception if you had a house full of sick COVID tourists who should have been staying there under isolation instead of heading home... still we think the fomites are really only viable for hours or a day. It's not CDiff spores...
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    Wait till you're over 40 or so. The cashier won't even look at you twice. You sure as hell don't need to show ID.
    Man... once you're over 40 you should have a "Local Liquor" where everybody knows your name...

Quote Originally Posted by MontuckyFried View Post
    Some of you need to knock off the "Latinx" PC bullshit. Just FYI, that seriously pisses off most Spanish speakers whose language is inherently gendered. They think a bunch of white PNW SJWs trying to hijack their language too. Seriously. Just stop. It's ok to say Latinos, which includes both males and females when talking plural. None of the mujeres I know take offense to that and neither should you. That is all.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using TGR Forums mobile app
    Yep

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 Pro using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    Man... once you're over 40 you should have a "Local Liquor" where everybody knows your name...
    Was thinking the same thing. I actually have been carded since the pandemic started (which is weird when most of my face is covered). I said, "you must be new here."

Quote Originally Posted by bigdude2468 View Post
    Put your blame anywhere you want but the fact that half of all deaths were in Nursing (Slaughter) Homes makes / made no sense. MN is 80%, PA 70% WI about 60%. When the Kirkland WA nursing home had the early March outbreak everyone knew who the most vulnerable were and we did a terrible job of protecting them. This was up to the states to manage and they failed miserably. It was not complicated and some states did a much better than others. The VA has some long term care facilities and as of two weeks ago they had zero fatalities. Protecting the elderly was possible, we screwed up.
    Wait you’re saying that private for profit corporations didn’t ramp up spending to protect the lives of their customers. Unbelievable! Or are you saying it’s the governments job to tell private business what to do? I tend to think the government souls be protecting citizens from profiteering corporations. But when the country elects a political party to govern, that has expressly said they despise government. Well this is what you get. And just to add on that party’s leader spends more time watching TV than doing his job. Welcome to government by faux news.

Maybe instead of Latino or Latinx or Hispanic we should refer to people by their country of origin--a Mexican American is not a Cuban American is not a Puerto Rican American is not a New Mexican Spaniard. From a political and genetic standpoint these are very different populations, even if European Americans* view them as all the same.

*I suppose we should call white people by their countries of origin too but that would be tedious.

I'm German/English/Irish/Swedish/African/Indigenous
    aka Mutt

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Maybe instead of Latino or Latinx or Hispanic we should refer to people by their country of origin--a Mexican American is not a Cuban American is not a Puerto Rican American is not a New Mexican Spaniard. From a political and genetic standpoint these are very different populations, even if European Americans* view them as all the same.

*I suppose we should call white people by their countries of origin too but that would be tedious.
    Go for it. Have blast.

Identity politics is about power, and right sizing your in- groups inclusion criteria to balance against the out-group. White people reduced differentiating based on national origin when the proportion of recent immigrants fell, cultural distinctions faded, and their proportional majority fell enough that national ancestry overly fractured identity vs other in-group/out-group identifiers such as religion, US regional identity, political identity, and racial.

That's the political reason for "Latinos" over "Hispanics," it creates a slightly larger in-group, even though, on the average, a Brazilian has less in common with a Mexican than a Mexican does with a Cuban.

Maybe a bunch of white assholes shouldn't decide what to call other groups and let their local groups guide them.

Um, the biggest "identify your race" driver is the government. If the government didn't care so much, it wouldn't matter. In the meantime, I'm ok with cracker, whitey, white-ass-motherfukin-bitch, or whatever. This country has become a bunch of whiney SJW pussies.

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    Was thinking the same thing. I actually have been carded since the pandemic started (which is weird when most of my face is covered). I said, "you must be new here."
    That's how it works at mine... all the regular employees call out my name when I walk in.

Name:  oh66sebjag951.png
Views: 501
Size:  68.9 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    Um, the biggest "identify your race" driver is the government. If the government didn't care so much, it wouldn't matter. In the meantime, I'm ok with cracker, whitey, white-ass-motherfukin-bitch, or whatever. This country has become a bunch of whiney SJW pussies.
    If structural racism didn't make "race" a social determinant, then we wouldn't need to have a statistical way to analyze it and it wouldn't be on the census form just as other inconsequential phenotypical variances are not such as hair color, eye color...

I support opening the schools in the fall and am beginning to fall into the "protect the vulnerable, test, contact trace and contain" mindset. Maybe that is wrong, but every other option is feeling pretty hopeless at this point.
    "We had nice 3 days in your autonomous mountain realm last weekend." - Tom from Austria (the Rax ski guy)

Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    If structural racism didn't make "race" a social determinant, then we wouldn't need to have a statistical way to analyze it and it wouldn't be on the census form just as other inconsequential phenotypical variances are not such as hair color, eye color...
    You're putting a lot of faith in the government to solve racism. I'll take the other side of that bet.

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    I move around a lot. Been clinically diagnosed with Ramblin' Fever.

You're putting a lot of faith in the government to solve racism. I'll take the other side of that bet.
    A need for information to help understand a problem doesn't imply that government will the successful sole solution.

Quote Originally Posted by gretch6364 View Post
    I support opening the schools in the fall and am beginning to fall into the "protect the vulnerable, test, contact trace and contain" mindset. Maybe that is wrong, but every other option is feeling pretty hopeless at this point.
    My man. For real?

It's not the lack of common sense that's keeping us from succeeding.

Quote Originally Posted by highangle View Post
    Name:  oh66sebjag951.png
Views: 501
Size:  68.9 KB
    Was that this species tweeting?

Name:  B8BAF336-C69F-4504-AA91-893B7A4CBDE7.jpeg
Views: 455
Size:  43.5 KB

Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    I move around a lot. Been clinically diagnosed with Ramblin' Fever.
    Well, if you're in any location for longer than 3 months, they should still know you by name.

Says the guy from the corner office

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by schuss View Post
    Maybe a bunch of white assholes shouldn't decide what to call other groups and let their local groups guide them.
    That’s a great idea.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums