Page 885 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 880 881 882 883 884 885 886 887 888 889 890 ... LastLast
Results 22,101 to 22,125 of 41810
    Put your blame anywhere you want but the fact that half of all deaths were in Nursing (Slaughter) Homes makes / made no sense. MN is 80%, PA 70% WI about 60%. When the Kirkland WA nursing home had the early March outbreak everyone knew who the most vulnerable were and we did a terrible job of protecting them. This was up to the states to manage and they failed miserably. It was not complicated and some states did a much better than others. The VA has some long term care facilities and as of two weeks ago they had zero fatalities. Protecting the elderly was possible, we screwed up.

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    Someone else here posted about having to remove their mask to buy beer. When I was at the store the other day buying wine I mentioned that to the clerk. She thought that was a strange request and said they had not been told to do that.
    It seems like it's pretty standard practice in King County, I don't remember the last time I was able to buy beer without being asked to give the cashier my ID and remove my mask.

If there are cops attempting to bust businesses for selling booze to minors while this whole mask thing is going on, it is yet another reason to resoundingly say fuck the police.
    Last edited by glademaster; 07-07-2020 at 07:44 AM.

I’m no fucking expert but it seems that if we now have tests that give you quick results, why the fuck hasn’t the federal government issued an order to mass produce those and developed a strategy so that working Americans can test regularly and go about saving the economy? It would also solve the school issue. Can someone explain to me why this is so fucking hard?

Quote Originally Posted by Cono Este View Post
    I went to Best Buy today
    There's your problem right there.

Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    It seems like it's pretty standard practice in King County, I don't remember the last time I was able to buy beer without being asked to give the cashier my ID and remove my mask.
    Wait till you're over 40 or so. The cashier won't even look at you twice. You sure as hell don't need to show ID.

Friends brother spent a fair amount of time in a COVID positive home. He can't get a test until the 17th- which will be over two weeks after he was exposed. That is not acceptable.

Quote Originally Posted by bigdude2468 View Post
    Put your blame anywhere you want but the fact that half of all deaths were in Nursing (Slaughter) Homes makes / made no sense. MN is 80%, PA 70% WI about 60%. When the Kirkland WA nursing home had the early March outbreak everyone knew who the most vulnerable were and we did a terrible job of protecting them. This was up to the states to manage and they failed miserably. It was not complicated and some states did a much better than others. The VA has some long term care facilities and as of two weeks ago they had zero fatalities. Protecting the elderly was possible, we screwed up.
    Nationally the VA definitely had more than zero fatalities coming from their CLCs, but yes, I feel like the VA did a pretty amazing job(at least locally) of standing up dedicated COVID-19 rehab units, setting up domiciliaries to get COVID+ vets out of shelters, and vastly reworking hospital structures in order to accomodate varying patient needs.

As of yesterday we had a single COVID+ patient in our hospital. Pretty amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    I’m no fucking expert but it seems that if we now have tests that give you quick results, why the fuck hasn’t the federal government issued an order to mass produce those and developed a strategy so that working Americans can test regularly and go about saving the economy? It would also solve the school issue. Can someone explain to me why this is so fucking hard?
    Capacity nationally is around 500K test/day. Go ahead and ramp that up to 2M/day and it would still take you 6 months to test everyone in the US. Obviously that's not how it works though. We can deploy testing to regions were positivity rates are highest. Surveillance in low-prevalence regions is important, but the primary purpose of testing is to enable TRACING and ISOLATION, two things that we are NOT doing. Testing-only will not mitigate spread and will not be sufficient to "save the economy" or "solve the school issue." It's so "fucking hard" because we lack leadership and national will.

www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    It's literally impossible to have an informed opinion without seeing the paper his group is attempting to publish. What's more, it's not clear why they just don't put it out on bioRxiv.

Quote Originally Posted by huckbucket View Post
    It's literally impossible to have an informed opinion without seeing the paper his group is attempting to publish. What's more, it's not clear why they just don't put it out on bioRxiv.
    Exactly. Which leads you to believe they’re reaching, (to put it kindly).
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

One of the fallacies that the administration keeps going to is the number of people tested (40 million according to the liar-in-chief). It seems to me that what really matters is how many tests can be run on a single individual in a given amount of time, as it's never a one and done situation. Probably just nit picking a dead horse, but it does mean that you need a lot more tests than just 40 million; the Trump inner circle probably goes through 10-15 tests per person per week. If the virus is 99% harmless, I recommend we immediately discontinue all tests for that inner circle.

Some of you need to knock off the "Latinx" PC bullshit. Just FYI, that seriously pisses off most Spanish speakers whose language is inherently gendered. They think a bunch of white PNW SJWs trying to hijack their language too. Seriously. Just stop. It's ok to say Latinos, which includes both males and females when talking plural. None of the mujeres I know take offense to that and neither should you. That is all.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    dude Tri-U, thank you for chiming in here occasionally with educated musings. it's refreshing and reassuring.

same to huckbucket and mofro of course, and the nurses and docs and first responders. your views are so valuable, hope you continue to post.
    Agreed, thanks guys. All I have added to this thread is the term 'butt chug'

Quote Originally Posted by MontuckyFried View Post
    Some of you need to knock off the "Latinx" PC bullshit. Just FYI, that seriously pisses off most Spanish speakers whose language is inherently gendered. They think a bunch of white PNW SJWs trying to hijack their language too. Seriously. Just stop. It's ok to say Latinos, which includes both males and females when talking plural. None of the mujeres I know take offense to that and neither should you. That is all.

Fuck you very much, asswipe.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Bolsonaro gots the 'rona. Orange shitstain is next.

I agree on your main point — none of my Latino friends like ‘Latinx’. But to the degree that there’s any push behind it, it’s less about white PNW SJW’s and more about the growing visibility / confidence of the non binary gender crowd (especially the writer/academic contingent) in the Latino community.

I was under the impression hispanics live longer than white folks ?
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

They lead an active lifestyle and eat more fish and whole grains.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

I meant something to do with the genes, i seen an artical that said Azn last the longest followed by Hispanic, white, black in that order of course then you wonder about outside factors like getting chased by a big fat rascist cop

In Cuba I could meet hispanics in the country who live a harder healthier life but they have exactly the same life expectancy as an American
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    I meant something to do with the genes, i seen an artical that said Azn last the longest followed by Hispanic, white, black in that order of course then you wonder about outside factors like getting chased by a big fat rascist cop

In Cuba I could meet hispanics in the country who live a harder healthier life but they have exactly the same life expectancy as an American
    We all live too long anyway just to end up old and bitter like Benny or Hugh. Glade's got a head start so he should be even more bitter by the time he's Benny's age. Speaking of bitter, I wonder whatever happened to Creaky Fossil?
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Quote Originally Posted by frorider View Post
    I agree on your main point — none of my Latino friends like ‘Latinx’. But to the degree that there’s any push behind it, it’s less about white PNW SJW’s and more about the growing visibility / confidence of the non binary gender crowd (especially the writer/academic contingent) in the Latino community.

What is xe talking about?

Quote Originally Posted by Tri-Ungulate View Post
    Good to hear from ya, S -- been wondering how you've been holding up.

We're seeing a lot of LatinX at our unit as well, but my own personal feeling is it's less the genetic or comorbidity determinants than the fact that they make up the bulk of the high risk population, with multigenerational family units, and working conditions that almost guarantee prolonged and extensive exposures, both likely leading to a high viral titre that we think is correlated to severity of disease. I mean, these folks often have to work day in and day out in places like meatpacking facilities (like the Provo outbreak) which represent multiples of risk over some upper middle class dude who can work remotely, then perhaps get exposed when he sits too close to a carrier for an hour at a bar. But yeah, totally agree that diabetes certainly doesn't help.

Thanks for pointing me to the article. It ties in perfectly with my catastrophic antiphospholipid syndrome (CAPS) hypothesis, as CAPS and the neutrophil extracellular traps (NETs) they discuss in their Blood article are inextricably linked (nice open access review here). Hope Estelle is well, and glad Liz got first authorship. Hang in there.
    So, does this fall under the idea that this is more a vascular virus than respiratory? I was reading an article yesterday about how the virus is found in endothelial cells throughout the body that was kind of interesting.