Page 698 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 ... LastLast
Results 17,426 to 17,450 of 41810
    watch out for snakes

Quote Originally Posted by hutash View Post
    Death defeats the purpose. Maybe, just maybe when the elephant gets off his chest he will learn a little humility
    Last edited by Benny Profane; 05-10-2020 at 09:32 AM.

Good summary for proper distancing. Don't stay inside with a lot of people talking and shouting and singing.
    Big type for the near blind.

https://www.erinbromage.com/post/the...hem-avoid-them

I poked around on his site and it looks to be some good reading with actual real science ... gona read it later
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Good summary for proper distancing. Don't stay inside with a lot of people talking and shouting and singing.
    Big type for the near blind.

https://www.erinbromage.com/post/the...hem-avoid-them
    Honestly, looking at this, I have no idea how offices and restaurants are going to avoid outbreaks all over.

Or schools

Or houses of worship. And the churches are the ones screaming loudest to reopen...

PSA to pick up a pulse ox if you don't already have one.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2516.JPG 
Views:	120 
Size:	619.6 KB 
ID:	328013

He'll save on next season's Vail non opening.

Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    PSA to pick up a pulse ox if you don't already have one.

Name:	IMG_2516.JPG 
Views:	120 
Size:	619.6 KB 
ID:	328013
    . . .

Quote Originally Posted by simple View Post
    This just in, muricans is dumb. Yeehaw at 11
    Trump loves the uneducated. He told us so...

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Dhelihiker View Post
    Those people may look like tools but they are 100% right to protest. You have rights as an American. It’s amazing how they have trained you all to think that your rights are revocable.

Get in line sheeple.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    Your rights end when they intrude on my rights

I have a right not to be made sick by a fucktard like you

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Name:	IMG_9085.JPG 
Views:	187 
Size:	253.1 KB 
ID:	328038
    Saw this online today - C&C coffee shop in Castle Rock, CO. What virus?

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post

Name:	IMG_9085.JPG 
Views:	187 
Size:	253.1 KB 
ID:	328038
    Saw this online today - C&C coffee shop in Castle Rock, CO. What virus?
    The coffee shop Covid party.
    Doing their part to expand the herd immunity percentages.

You can’t stop people who Want to get it.

Honestly, looking at this, I have no idea how offices and restaurants are going to avoid outbreaks all over.
    I'm starting to think we need to crush the curve. No virus circulating -> safe offices and restaurants. Very minimal virus, combined with severe local public health measures to control any outbreak also works. 99.5% of us could safely go on with our lives.

Google and Facebook just extended work-from-home to the end of the year. The smart guys in the room think this will remain uncontrolled for awhile. Santa Clara County, home to both, has reduced new cases to under 20 per day, from a peak over 80. If the rest of the state and country could get with the program, we could return to normal (normal with very active public health departments tracking imported/residual cases).

China showed crushing widespread virus can be done in as little as 2.5 months. Several other countries have demonstrated success with smaller case numbers. Theoretically we can do that here, too. New York's cases are down 70% from peak, and falling.
    10/01/2012 Site was upgraded to 300 baud.

Quote Originally Posted by LongShortLong View Post
    I'm starting to think we need to crush the curve. No virus circulating -> safe offices and restaurants. Very minimal virus, combined with severe local public health measures to control any outbreak also works. 99.5% of us could safely go on with our lives.

Google and Facebook just extended work-from-home to the end of the year. The smart guys in the room think this will remain uncontrolled for awhile. Santa Clara County, home to both, has reduced new cases to under 20 per day, from a peak over 80. If the rest of the state and country could get with the program, we could return to normal (normal with very active public health departments tracking imported/residual cases).

China showed crushing widespread virus can be done in as little as 2.5 months. Several other countries have demonstrated success with smaller case numbers. Theoretically we can do that here, too. New York's cases are down 70% from peak, and falling.
    Not trying to make this political, but if Trump came out and supported such an approach folks like Dhelihiker would probably be more inclined to do it. I just don't see the vast majority of people voluntarily doing what it will take.

on the other hand, lift served skiing could be a thing if we can figure out the whole bathroom situation.

Donald Trump's entire MO is to create chaos and division. He will need to be dead before any change will take place. Natural death of course. Prolonged and painful I hope.
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Star View Post
    on the other hand, lift served skiing could be a thing if we can figure out the whole bathroom situation.
    Lots of Porto potties

Quote Originally Posted by wooley12 View Post
    Donald Trump's entire MO is to create chaos and division. He will need to be dead before any change will take place. Natural death of course. Prolonged and painful I hope.
    Please.

X

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Allerbush View Post
    Not trying to make this political, but if Trump came out and supported such an approach folks like Dhelihiker would probably be more inclined to do it. I just don't see the vast majority of people voluntarily doing what it will take.
    Besides the obvious that Trump is a fucking idiot, politics and money were the reason why thru this whole situation Trump has failed to do the right thing and failed to lead, that ^^ would have been effective leadership
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Star View Post
    Good for folks here on the board, but how would beginner and intermediate skiers feel with no lodge to retreat to? How much of a bath will resorts take with no cafeteria and bar sales?

And parking. They'll have to eliminate maybe half the spots, and police that somehow. Parking was already a serious issue before all this. And, sorry, nobody is getting on some damn bus.

Quote Originally Posted by cat in january View Post
    Good for folks here on the board, but how would beginner and intermediate skiers feel with no lodge to retreat to? How much of a bath will resorts take with no cafeteria and bar sales?
    tourism part would be hosed. maybe we go back to 1970 and everything is just a local thing? already starting to hear about the idea of reserving time on lifts like tee times. country club!!!