Page 269 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 ... LastLast
Results 6,701 to 6,725 of 41810
    Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    Oceania had always been at war with Eastasia
    Yep... but look on the bright side..Winston got laid a few times before he was busted.
    what's so funny about peace, love, and understanding?

Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    NY. Can't get shotgun ammo either. Fuck we waited too long.
    See my post in the shotgun thread. Get it while ya can! Guy at my local shop anticipates months before it’s regularly on store shelves again

Italy still no signs of letting up. And perhaps an uptick in the rate of daily deaths.

Name:  Screen Shot 2020-03-20 at 1.36.09 PM.png
Views: 526
Size:  60.7 KB

Name:  Screen Shot 2020-03-20 at 1.36.18 PM.png
Views: 529
Size:  42.4 KB

Quote Originally Posted by huckbucket View Post
    Italy still no signs of letting up. And perhaps an uptick in the rate of daily deaths.

Name:  Screen Shot 2020-03-20 at 1.36.09 PM.png
Views: 526
Size:  60.7 KB

Name:  Screen Shot 2020-03-20 at 1.36.18 PM.png
Views: 529
Size:  42.4 KB
    Ugh.

Is it as bad in places south of Northern Italy, like Florence, Rome, Naples, and Scilly?

Quote Originally Posted by up an down View Post
    The Atlantic: No Empathy, Only Anger.
    https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/ar...tm_source=feed
    Great article and spot on. This administration and its supporters have been consistent in their inability to ever admit a mistake.

In case any of you mouth breather still feel Trump has done everything he could, we knew months ahead of the pandemic that we would be fucked. And he still did nothing to fix the problem. Fucking short sighted fucktard deserves the center of hell. This is the damned thing he is supposed to protect us against and it was an utter failure, and they knew it would be, but just said, fuck it, hopefully nothing happened until the next presidency so we can blame them, like they always blame someone else. I want a leader that says the buck stops here, period. Every day I'm losing more and ore respect for any of you that support this piece of shit.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/19/u...59tion=topNews

Quote Originally Posted by LegoSkier View Post
    It just became public that my company is on it in a big way
    https://investors.adaptivebiotech.co...nership-decode

Hopefully we can be of some help to kick this things ass.

Cool. Good luck.

Saw an interview yesterday of a biotech firm that wants to create antibodies. Novel approach.
    If you get it bad, they pump you full of anti covid antibodies.
    Might be the future of anti viral therapy
    . . .

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Ugh.

Is it as bad in places south of Northern Italy, like Florence, Rome, Naples, and Scilly?
    Name:  Screen Shot 2020-03-20 at 1.53.00 PM.png
Views: 538
Size:  90.9 KB

Holy shit, another 627 deaths in 24h for Italy, 235 for Spain.

Sobering news indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by up an down View Post
    The payments will be based on a household’s 2018 tax return, or if it didn’t submit one, their 2019 filing.
    Fucking sweet, I made 6 figures in 2018 and will be lucky to make 30k this year with my stepping out to be an entrepreneur, in which I put a significant amount of the money I made in 2018/2019 towards growing my business which was just starting to show a return as of this month through a lot of careful management and growth.

The phones have gone quiet. Customers are pulling out of projects. I'll still be working as long as I can, to meet current obligations.

I'm now getting the rug ripped out from underneath me because of a nasty cold bug that was spread because no one took it seriously until it was too late and when it was too late the response has been all out pandemonium.

I won't even get the Trump check. Maybe the government will let me have some low priced debt to keep things going for a while, so my employees can get paid... how nice of them. That will probably be months from now, after I've had to layoff employees and the cash reserves are long gone. And it's still debt, that I'll have to carry for a long fucking time because of incompetent government stooges and greedy big business.

Thanks for the reassurance that things will get back to normal, eventually... I'm sure it's totally under control, just like the dotcom bubble and the 2008 crash... Where we just added to the national debt, devalued our currency and left ourselves with no future or way out.

We got in to this by 30 years of loose monetary policy benefiting big banks and corporation at the expense American Citizens and small business. So far the solution is more loose monetary policy, more national debt and no real way out.

This is going to be long & painful. For the boomers that get the corona cough and actually die, you might actually be making out the best... you got to live the opulence of a booming market with no care about the future, and don't get to live through the great decline where my generation has to completely reassemble the environmental, political and economic shitshow you left us.

/End Rant

Quote Originally Posted by The Artist Formerly Known as Leavenworth Skier View Post
    Thanks for the reassurance that things will get back to normal, eventually... I'm sure it's totally under control, just like the dotcom bubble and the 2008 crash... Where we just added to the national debt, devalued our currency and left ourselves with no future or way out.
    I would just like to comment about the irony of you saying that after the doctcom bubble and the 2008 crash, we left ourselves with no future or way out....right after you said you made six figures.

Sounds like we made it out of those two recessions, and you in particular, came out just fine. Fine enough to take on the risk of starting your own business.
    "We had nice 3 days in your autonomous mountain realm last weekend." - Tom from Austria (the Rax ski guy)

Quote Originally Posted by The Artist Formerly Known as Leavenworth Skier View Post
    Fucking sweet, I made 6 figures in 2018 and will be lucky to make 30k this year with my stepping out to be an entrepreneur, in which I put a significant amount of the money I made in 2018/2019 towards growing my business which was just starting to show a return as of this month through a lot of careful management and growth.

The phones have gone quiet. Customers are pulling out of projects. I'll still be working as long as I can, to meet current obligations.

I'm now getting the rug ripped out from underneath me because of a nasty cold bug that was spread because no one took it seriously until it was too late and when it was too late the response has been all out pandemonium.

I won't even get the Trump check. Maybe the government will let me have some low priced debt to keep things going for a while, so my employees can get paid... how nice of them. That will probably be months from now, after I've had to layoff employees and the cash reserves are long gone. And it's still debt, that I'll have to carry for a long fucking time because of incompetent government stooges and greedy big business.

We got in to this by 30 years of loose monetary policy benefiting big banks and corporation at the expense American Citizens and small business. So far the solution is more loose monetary policy, more national debt and no real way out.

This is going to be long & painful. For the boomers that get the corona cough and actually die, you might actually be making out the best... you got to live the opulence of a booming market with no care about the future, and don't get to live through the great decline where my generation has to completely reassemble the environmental, political and economic shitshow you left us.

/End Rant
    it’s not passed yet, call your senator and your rep, tell them your story, tell them to cut a check for everyone or no one.

edit: and tell them do it NOW! Monday is late.

Marijuana dispensaries are deemed 'essential' in LA, allowed to stay open during coronavirus order

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/20/us/la...rnd/index.html
    Move upside and let the man go through...

Looks like all the beaches in NC will be closed soon. A friend that lives on the coast is apoplectic since all of his work has vanished and his main activity for stress relief is surfing. Was telling me he can't sleep, is stressed as shit and the only time his mind cleared was riding waves the other day.

I'm a bit pissed as I was hoping to day trip down to ride some waves over the next couple weeks.

https://twitter.com/axios/status/1241043220710260737

Just when you thought he couldn't go any lower. This might be a new low of any American President.
    Gimme five, I'm still alive!
    Ain't no luck, I learned to duck!

Quote Originally Posted by Mofro261 View Post
    Marijuana dispensaries are deemed 'essential' in LA, allowed to stay open during coronavirus order

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/20/us/la...rnd/index.html

Arguably more essential than they've ever been.

Prediction: this home quarantine thing is going to rapidly increase the pace of development in the delivery by drone market.

Quote Originally Posted by mtnjam View Post
    I'm really surprised it hasn't happened yet.

And the PPE thing absolutely blows my mind. Plans being made without knowing what's available = corporate healthcare. Where administrators get to sit at home and never need worry about the people actually on the front lines being exposed to not only the coronavirus, but who knows what else all in the name of a dollar or two. For fucks sake, I just read that a friend donated some extras of his N-95 masks he uses for painting to the hospital I work at. What's this shit coming to? Does infection control have no say anymore about this?
    Anyone know how to sew?

https://komonews.com/news/coronaviru...le-coronavirus

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by St. Jerry View Post
    https://twitter.com/axios/status/1241043220710260737

Just when you thought he couldn't go any lower. This might be a new low of any American President.
    That was actually fucking awesome.

The orange one is arrogant and stupid. But the media has turned the blender from stir to frappe
    . . .

Quote Originally Posted by gretch6364 View Post
    I would just like to comment about the irony of you saying that after the doctcom bubble and the 2008 crash, we left ourselves with no future or way out....right after you said you made six figures.

Sounds like we made it out of those two recessions, and you in particular, came out just fine. Fine enough to take on the risk of starting your own business.
    I made good money for 3 years, due to being involved with a business that happened to be successful. I'd say it was just as much luck as anything else. I always have felt that our economy was a house built on sand.

I have avoided debt and sold my nice house and radically downsized to an 800 sq ft shithole to be in a more secure position. I was hoping that I'd have another year to stabilize and prep before the downturn, knowing the Trump market was total bullshit. But here we are now...

It has been pretty tough going for me. I graduated high school in 2008. I watched my parents loose everything in 2008. They still haven't recovered. They're in their late 60s and still working. I have mostly worked crap jobs in a mountain town and just got by. I paid my way through college with no loans. Nothing has been handed to me.

I took a risk on leaving my job. I might have to live with that choice, and admit I took a risk. I could have played it cool and got back on the ski job train with a chunk of money in the bank. But I didn't. If I go down with the shop so be it. I'll just be another economic casualty mentioned with thousands of others as part of a statistic on the evening news.

So I'm not some dentist bitching because my spring trip to Costa Rica got cancelled.

Chinese Rat Flu

Anyone else having stress headaches every day? I keep also finding me grinding my teeth/jaw. Fuck.

Anyone else having stress headaches every day? I keep also finding me grinding my teeth/jaw. Fuck.
    You're probably doing it bad in your sleep, get a cheap mouthguard, it'll help a lot. https://smile.amazon.com/s?k=bruxism...nb_sb_ss_i_1_4

I've been pretty stressed for several weeks to get things done at work with an ever heightened urgency. Really trying to have both a lab based ELISA and rapid Ab assays ready by mid-April.
    Move upside and let the man go through...

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    That was actually fucking awesome.

The orange one is arrogant and stupid. But the media has turned the blender from stir to frappe
    A reporter asks a valid and serious question, to help calm those that are scared and the fucking twat acts like a narcissist asshole. WTF is wrong with your brain?

Quote Originally Posted by Toadman View Post
    Hey now, I know some very fine people that came from Queens.
    Like Trump?

Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    Arguably more essential than they've ever been.

People deep huffing smoke during a respiratory crisis. Freedom!