Page 1473 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 1468 1469 1470 1471 1472 1473 1474 1475 1476 1477 1478 ... LastLast
Results 36,801 to 36,825 of 41810
    Quote Originally Posted by funkendrenchman View Post
    Very early, but here’s hoping…

South African doctor who raised alarm about omicron variant says symptoms are ‘unusual but mild’

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/global-h...says-symptoms/
    So nothingburger?

This isn't the second wave Flynn warned was coming from the global elite?
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Quote Originally Posted by ticketchecker View Post
    I've got a hat/sticker kit on the way
    Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    A couple of outpatient case reports is going to define the presentation and supposed reduced virulence of this variant... and nobody even knows if these non-representative sample patients even had Omicron? FFS

And regression to mean virulence is not a guarantee for zoonosis, nor a steady path when it occurs!

This isn't the 1918 H1N1 crummy today, bed ridden tonight, dead tomorrow.

Evolutionary pressure is for reproductive fitness and transmission, not host morbidity/mortality. The latter only matters as it influences the former.

COVID severe morbidity and mortality occur late in the course of illness, long after most transmission occurs.

Could this be less virulent? Yes. Could it be more virulent? Yes. The virus doesn't care. It only "cares" about making more virus. We know jack and shit right now.
    well said

X2
    What we have here is an intelligence failure. You may be familiar with staring directly at that when shaving. .
    -Ottime
    One man can only push so many boulders up hills at one time.
    -BMillsSkier

Omicron confirmed in Canada.

OK so we are coming up on 24 months now.

Today Fauci was throwing around the number that 35-50% of people sick enough with Covid to continue the spread are asymptomatic.

Will we ever see a widely available, rapid and accurate test? One reliable enough that a positive test should result in a medical consultation and confirmation either way and a negative test is solid enough to continue life normally.

6 hour result? Less?

Is such a thing positive?

Why am I asking you?
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post

Today Fauci was throwing around the number that 35-50% of people sick enough with Covid to continue the spread are asymptomatic.

Will we ever see a widely available, rapid and accurate test? One reliable enough that a positive test should result in a medical consultation and confirmation either way and a negative test is solid enough to continue life normally.

6 hour result? Less?

Why am I asking you?
    They'd have to be free, and readily available. Shouldn't be that tough for 'Merica. Oh wait, yeah, it is healthcare related never mind. It'll be a complete clusterfuck and cost 10x what it should cost.

The administration is urging boosters as the strategy against Omicron. Nobody knows yet whether that will work, or if it is necessary.
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...t-coronavirus/

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    The administration is urging boosters as the strategy against Omicron. Nobody knows yet whether that will work, or if it is necessary.
    Better to get boosted now for Delta and hope it catches Omicron. Last night on the news Pfizer said they felt they could quickly tweak their vax to cover Omicron if necessary.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    I agree it is odd at first...

It likely encourages Omicron prevalence over Delta.

However, speculatively, even worse casethere have to be some epitopes preserved on Epsilon so a high titer will support efficacy theoretically...
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

My 17 yo son had been feeling crappy for the last couple days and popped a mild fever today now he tested positive on a Walgreens take home test. We will back it up with a Drs office test tomorrow. Mrs. HTFB’s HR policy is you quarantine if someone in your household has it so she’s out minimum 10 days. Mine is you quarantine only if you have symptoms and if not social distance a wear a mask. Not feeling bad so guess I work. FML

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Bunny Don't Surf

Have you seen a one armed man around here?

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post

6 hour result? Less?

Why am I asking you?
    They get results at my VA medical center inside one hour. Don’t know what equipment they use. But your cleared I an hour
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

Quote Originally Posted by happytimefunbox View Post
    My 17 yo son had been feeling crappy for the last couple days and popped a mild fever today now he tested positive on a Walgreens take home test. We will back it up with a Drs office test tomorrow. Mrs. HTFB’s HR policy is you quarantine if someone in your household has it so she’s out minimum 10 days. Mine is you quarantine only if you have symptoms and if not social distance a wear a mask. Not feeling bad so guess I work. FML

That’s a tough call.
    Anyone tests positive in this house is on quarantine for 10 days regardless of HR policy. Work/school from home or take a bit of time off.
    No way could I consciously go out in public and infect others if I know I’ve been compromised.
    "boobs just make the world better really" - Woodsy

We are loading up HCQ and Ivermectin at the moment. I’m debating work I can stay Isolated pretty easily

Bunny Don't Surf

We are loading up HCQ and Ivermectin at the moment. I’m debating work I can stay Isolated pretty easily

I hear that ingesting bleach and small LEDs works well with the hcq and worm medicine.

METAL!

Name:  EWVs6erUEAMyyih.jpg
Views: 529
Size:  26.2 KB
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	metalocalypse-dont-drink-bleach.png 
Views:	107 
Size:	585.5 KB 
ID:	394450
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Carry on.

No colloidal silver?

Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post
    No colloidal silver?
    I’m pretty sure mercury is better

I will put the silver and mercury on toast and wash it down with some bleach for breakfast before work. I’ve had a Petzl headlamp on and facing my buttshole for the last hour. Glad it’s a newer led version I had an old one bitd that got warm

Bunny Don't Surf

So tell them you have symptoms.

Are they going to check up on their stupid policy?

FFS.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    A couple of outpatient case reports is going to define the presentation and supposed reduced virulence of this variant... and nobody even knows if these non-representative sample patients even had Omicron? FFS

And regression to mean virulence is not a guarantee for zoonosis, nor a steady path when it occurs!

This isn't the 1918 H1N1 crummy today, bed ridden tonight, dead tomorrow.

Evolutionary pressure is for reproductive fitness and transmission, not host morbidity/mortality. The latter only matters as it influences the former.

COVID severe morbidity and mortality occur late in the course of illness, long after most transmission occurs.

Could this be less virulent? Yes. Could it be more virulent? Yes. The virus doesn't care. It only "cares" about making more virus. We know jack and shit right now.
    This is an excellent post.

Turns out the evidence in favor of Ivermectin reducing mortality from covid is from .... wait for it .... regions where parasitic infection is a comorbidity. Oooops.

https://astralcodexten.substack.com/...han-you-wanted

Where is spats? He’ll tell us what to do.

Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    Half baked is key. Americans are too weak for effective travel restrictions and quarantine

Stories of people not follieing quarantine rules after poitive results. Making rounds here too. So we test alot and tell sick to seperate and police is controlling that. And folks just not follow. How much has to happen