Page 1083 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 1078 1079 1080 1081 1082 1083 1084 1085 1086 1087 1088 ... LastLast
Results 27,051 to 27,075 of 41810
    Quote Originally Posted by schuss View Post
    If you're a dickface on the internet, you're a dickface. The internet is not some magical place with no consequences. It's like saying someone isn't racist who says racist things when they're drunk.
    I'm not butthurt, just calling out people making this place worse. Plenty abandoned ship when it became clear the trolls got the run of the place with no consequences. That's a shame.
    Well said.

@Huck: They might easily influence behavior and thus exposure. It would seem unlikely you'd find many fat, old dialysis patients at frat parties, for example.

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    If you're a dickface on the internet, you're a dickface. The internet is not some magical place with no consequences. It's like saying someone isn't racist who says racist things when they're drunk.
    I'm not butthurt, just calling out people making this place worse. Plenty abandoned ship when it became clear the trolls got the run of the place with no consequences. That's a shame.
    sounds like a moderation or lack of
    problem to me
    but im over it and how this place chooses their selective moderation
    but you should feel free to report things that you feel
    "Make this place worse"
    or rewrite the minion sticky to fit yur needs
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    how do we know that wont change too? I mean it is still new to everyone. I don't know its just weird. My mom always said "they're just practicing medicine".
    Because you can see permanent lung damage on X-ray. That technology has been around for over a century. You can see permanent damage to other solid organs and vasculature with ct scans. That’s how they know long term damage can occur with COVID.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by buttahflake View Post
    Pretty fucking righteous lately guy, maybe time to
    Take a Lap
    Yeah well, I'm not too fond of incompetence and conspiracy theorists ruling the day and people acting like it's ok. It's not. We have the ability to make good decisions based on good information, there's no excuse for not doing so.

Quote Originally Posted by ötzi View Post
    @Huck: They might easily influence behavior and thus exposure. It would seem unlikely you'd find many fat, old dialysis patients at frat parties, for example.
    Or pretty much anywhere except home in front of daytime tv.

+1

Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    Definite selection issues, mostly down as you noted, but isn't there also a certain incidence of kidney failure post-COVID that would boost numbers in that group?
    Possible. I don't know how many covid patients who develop renal failure leave the hospital alive. I would guess that as a percentage of all outpatient dialysis patients covid-related kidney failure patients would be a very small number but I can't quote any data. In any case, I'm nit-picking here. The point of the article is still vaild--we aren't near herd immunity. Trying to pick apart medical articles is a minor hobby of mine.

Quote Originally Posted by huckbucket View Post
    Link please ....
    I did a pubmed search every way I can think of and came up empty. It would have been in the late 70's early 80's. Now that I think about it, it might have been in the Journal of Irreproducible Results (that's a real thing--nerd humor at its finest), not a peer reviewed journal. I did read it myself though. We discussed it a journal club when I was a resident. We decided that the savings would evaporate when we were sued for dropping a patient on the floor.

Quote Originally Posted by bigdude2468 View Post
    Not sure why they would test for antibodies in dialysis patients and then draw conclusions about the general population.
    I'm sure they used dialysis patients because they're a pretty large group of people who were inherently easy to test.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Is there polling and market research I haven't heard about? What's this guy's game? He's the governor of Heaven's waiting room, Florida. Old people are kinda pissed off about the federal response to this whole thing, last I heard, and Florida has a shit ton of old people, and old people vote, a whole lot more than young people. Now he's doubling down? I guess he's betting that most people wont be going to indoor bars before election day, because it's always summer in Florida except for January. He's a really creepy mofo, though, right up there with Cruz, who also has a few ivy league diplomas.
    DeSantis is following Trump's playbook for dealing with this mess: delegate to lower jurisdictions and blame them for any negative result. It's not leadership, but it works on Republican voters.

Quote Originally Posted by ötzi View Post
    Similar to the mall results reflecting prevalence in mall goers. Certainly a study of convenience/accessible data, but it might be very interesting if it was more granular. How many in the pre-existing group are gone because they got it? How many of those with antibodies are on dialysis because they got it? Splitting the data up might give a window into behaviors among the at-risk and their ongoing mortality risk, as well as long term effects. (I would guess the same as OG that it's not a big impact in absolute terms. So far, anyway.)

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    I'm sure they used dialysis patients because they're a pretty large group of people who were inherently easy to test.
    Apparently there's a national lab that a lot of dialysis centers send their lab work to. The lab keeps specimens after the tests are run, so if someone wants to run a new test on a lot of specimens they can just go to that lab and have instant access to thousands. It's very common for labs to hang on to blood after tests are run. A researcher at U of Arizona went to her refrigerator after the AIDS crises arose, ran HIV test on some specimens, and publicly claimed to have discovered AIDS.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    With the governor practically encouraging them to go shoulder to shoulder in bars swilling coors light and shouting at each other.
    It sounds really crazy in Tallahassee right now: block parties, governor opposing the universities attempts to reign in student behavior, growing racists environmental justice tragedy, etc.

My buddy lives outside of town. His bubble includes some extended family (parents) and a small school “pod.” everybody is trying to following the same procedures (there’s a signed agreement with the school pod):
    -minimize time “in town” (my buddy goes once a week)
    -masks (of course)
    -no more than 15 minutes indoors in public places
    -curbside pick-up
    -no indoor social visits outside their group

Fear and Loathing, a Rat Flu Odyssey

Quote Originally Posted by bodywhomper View Post
    It sounds really crazy in Tallahassee right now: block parties, governor opposing the universities attempts to reign in student behavior, growing racists environmental justice tragedy, etc.

My buddy lives outside of town. His bubble includes some extended family (parents) and a small school “pod.” everybody is trying to following the same procedures (there’s a signed agreement with the school pod):
    -masks (of course)
    -curbside pick-up
    DeSanitas really should be tried for murder after all this. His move to reopen everything in full at this point in time is beyond insane.

Quid pro quo - Desantis is hoping for a cabinet position for licking trump's balls.

Quote Originally Posted by I Skied Bandini Mountain View Post
    Quid pro quo - Desantis is hoping for a cabinet position for licking trump's balls.
    Going all in.

I wonder if ol' Ronnie has his sights set on a SCOTUS nomination ...

People are losing their fucking minds:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Denver/comm...tm_name=iossmf

Interesting story from my next door neighbor today. His wife crashed roller blading in Ketchum ID, and broke her femur. Needed surgery pronto, and the plan was to move to university hospital in salt lake. University hospital got the request and said, "sorry, beds are full, covid." So, an anecdote from the neighbor, and maybe I misunderstood, but being told the hospital is not available due to beds being full from covid is bad. Real bad.

sent from Utah.
    sigless.

Maybe it's just anti-rollerblader discrimination.

Don't want to add to their numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by bodywhomper View Post

-masks (of course)
    -curbside pick-up
    Is this a college school pod where a group goes somewhere cool to telecommute to school instead of paying for dorms or frats or whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by splat View Post
    Is this a college school pod where a group goes somewhere cool to telecommute to school instead of paying for dorms or frats or whatever.
    No. They have in-person classes, stands full at American futbol games, etc.

Here are the last two messages from the school admin to student body urging them to get their shit together:

https://news.fsu.edu/news/2020/09/18...19-guidelines/

https://news.fsu.edu/announcements/c...cket-requests/

UC at Boulder has had enough of students doing stupid shit. They can only gather in groups of one. Can't even ride in a car with a roommate, no hiking or climbing together, etc. Serious fines as well. All this second hand from my SIL whose son is there now.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

good news:

Total annual deaths in US?
    2018: 2,839,205
    2019: 2,855,000
    2020: 2,033,736 through Sep 24th.

2020’s overall death rate is on pace to be LESS than 2018 and 2019.

Covid 19 is really going to need to step things up. unfortunately i do not see that happening as deaths that are exclusively Covid 19 are less than 10,000; according to the CDC.
    TGR forums cannot handle SkiCougar !