Page 1540 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 1535 1536 1537 1538 1539 1540 1541 1542 1543 1544 1545 ... LastLast
Results 38,476 to 38,500 of 41810
    Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    See? Coulda just gone with the globally-proven treatment for parasites, but noooooooo.
    I buggered up the prescription. Host gets ivermectin. Kuato gets vitamin D. I get the cannabinoids. Everyone is happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Carl_Mega View Post
    I buggered up the prescription. Host gets ivermectin. Kuato gets vitamin D. I get the cannabinoids. Everyone is happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Art Shirk View Post
    Yes, I had an EKG and a stress test on the treadmill and when that didnt result in much, they sent me home with a holter monitor that gave them solid data that these were innocuous PVCs. It allowed them to see the frequency and timing of the events I suppose. I was also told to do a sleep study, which I never did and frankly should do, as I think I likely have some issues from waking up in the middle of the night after feeling like I stopped breathing for a bit.

I'm still not completely convinced though This all started about a decade ago right after I came back from a Vegas trip where I didn't treat my heart very well.
    Sounds like you have sleep apnea, which is pretty serious. Luckily, the cute is pretty simple, a cpap.

Don't delay it

Sent from my moto g 5G using Tapatalk

Sorry, the cure, not the cute

I was chatting with my dental hygienist today who said there had never been a case of covid known to be transmitted in a dental office. Apparently this checks out--although it's obviously impossible to be sure about something like that.
    https://dentalcaremarlboro.com/cdc-r...ices%E2%80%A8/

She did have Covid, which she believes she got from her sister. No one else in the office has had covid. They have been wearing N95's since they reopened after the start of the pandemic. That would seem to be pretty good evidence for the effectiveness of N95's, at least against pre Omicron variants.

Dental office in Nevada or Sac county? Nevada Co has not been doing contact tracing where they test close contacts. The Dir of Public Health explained this during the initial delta surge in September 2021 on a local media zoom check in.

Quote Originally Posted by bodywhomper View Post
    Dental office in Nevada or Sac county? Nevada Co has not been doing contact tracing where they test close contacts. The Dir of Public Health explained this during the initial delta surge in September 2021 on a local media zoom check in.
    The link refers to a statement by the CDC so presumably Sac County, Nevada County, and every other county in America. That said, the CDC's statement can't be conclusive since no doubt the source of most covid infections is probably uncertain at best and unknown at worst--due in part to the lack of contact tracing as you say and due to the multiple potential sources for many cases. Still, the absence of cases determined to be acquired in dental offices should give some reassurance that good masks are effective, which is my point.

Quote Originally Posted by rod9301 View Post
    Sounds like you have sleep apnea, which is pretty serious. Luckily, the cute is pretty simple, a cpap.

Don't delay it

Ok, thanks for the heads up and concern. I’ll get this looked into.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Art Shirk View Post
    Ok, thanks for the heads up and concern. I’ll get this looked into.
    It does sound like sleep apnea. I’d also recommend you check out the book Breath: The New Science of a Lost Art by James Nestor. I read it last fall after it was mentioned by a mag in another thread. He explores a variety of health issues including sleep apnea that are related to how we breathe. I’ve tried some techniques he talks about and they’ve had a positive impact on my health. YMMV

Quote Originally Posted by Flounder View Post
    It does sound like sleep apnea. I’d also recommend you check out the book Breath: The New Science of a Lost Art by James Nestor. I read it last fall after it was mentioned by a mag in another thread. He explores a variety of health issues including sleep apnea that are related to how we breathe. I’ve tried some techniques he talks about and they’ve had a positive impact on my health. YMMV
    Also appreciated!

If a funny feeling in the chest comes and goes but lasts long enough to check your pulse it's easy to feel if the heart rate is irregular.
    Abnormal heart rhythms can be caused by sleep apnea and a lot of other things.
    A constant pain and pressure in the chest is not caused by an abnormal heart rhythm unless the abnormal rhythm is constant.

You guys are talking about a number of different tests:
    a sleep study is done in a lab where they observe you and measure various things while you sleep, heart rhythm being one of those things.

A 24 Holter monitor which you do at home looks at your heart rhythm for a continuous 24 hours. It doesn't have anything to do with detecting sleep apnea although if you have a heart rhythm problem due to sleep apnea it will detect the rhythm.

An event monitor is similar but it only records the heart rhythm when it detects an abnormal rhythm. It is worn for a week or longer.

If a heart monitor detects abnormal rhythms only while you're sleeping that certainly suggests sleep apnea but that has to be confirmed with a sleep study.

Xposting from the other Rona thread - I might have posted this in the wrong place because I have no tolerance for arguing with antivax idiots:

Sorry to interrupt the constant stream of trolls and bad faith actors here, but I was wondering if I could get some medical advice on a ski forum.

I'm quadruple vaxxed (2x Novavax and 2x full Moderna), and I believe that I have come down with the Cron. Fever of 101, achy as hell, chillz for days. This is my third day with some degree of noticeable symptoms, but I have yet to test positive on an antigen test (understandably).

I've got a trip to Canada that I leave for on Jan 22 - up to the Ymir lodge to do any avy 2 with doebedoe, and I'm wondering if it's game over or if there's a chance I can recover in time to get a negative test.

Any anecdata to make me feel better? Dumbolddad - what about a lead on some deworming medicine? At this point I'd do anything to make this trip happen, but I'm afraid that I might be well and truly fucked. We've both been so careful, too. Damn.

OG? Any pearls of wisdom you might have?

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

My experience with two coworkers who have recently been positive, they both showed negative within 10 days after first symptoms. Not from first positive test, which was a couple of days after symptoms.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

tgapp -

honestly, your timeline is tight -
    You could push a test out as late as whenever they will guarantee to have results for you.

other options may not be moral.

Good luck -
    seems like one of you wrote of this trip months ago...

Good luck. skiJ

Fear and Loathing, a Rat Flu Odyssey

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    The link refers to a statement by the CDC so presumably Sac County, Nevada County, and every other county in America. That said, the CDC's statement can't be conclusive since no doubt the source of most covid infections is probably uncertain at best and unknown at worst--due in part to the lack of contact tracing as you say and due to the multiple potential sources for many cases. Still, the absence of cases determined to be acquired in dental offices should give some reassurance that good masks are effective, which is my point.
    My point, which I’m sure you understood, is that our county has never attempted to trace back to the likely source of infection for any cases. That’s never been their goal. Not enough resources.

My beard disappeared to improve mask effectiveness. My kids still can’t believe it… seeing my chin for the first time ever

tgapp, I don't think this helps you, but you can enter Canada without a negative PCR if you have a POSITIVE PCR test taken 15 to 180 days before entering Canada. So you might want to get that PCR test as soon as possible, so if positive, you could enter Canada in 15 days. Also, average COVID infection last 10 days (at least that's what I read on Trevor Bedford's twitter recently). So decent chance you will be able to get the negative PCR test and still go.

https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid/tr...ng-into-canada

His trip is in 10 days I think he said

My doc, just 2 days ago in a covid eval, said you are 99.9% not contagious 10 days after symptom onset. Testing neg is another story. Thing #1 was still testing + yesterday, 14 days after symptom onset, days after no symptoms, others in the household who got it at the same time now testing -. Fuck man, sorry.
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    If I lived in WA, Oft would be my realtor. Seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by oftpiste View Post
    My doc, just 2 days ago in a covid eval, said you are 99.9% not contagious 10 days after symptom onset. Testing neg is another story. Thing #1 was still testing + yesterday, 14 days after symptom onset, days after no symptoms, others in the household who got it at the same time now testing -. Fuck man, sorry.
    My wife had symptoms (bad headache) 3-4 days before she same home with a fever and collapsed. 911 to hospital, tested positive. Came home next day. 10 days later contact tracing said we were good to go. I tested negative the day before. I still had to stay home 10 MORE days.. 5 days in to that I lost my sense of smell. 100% sure I got it from her about day 11 or 12, maybe longer sinse it was like day 15 since her headache started..
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Joe Rogan tested negative 5 days after getting covid. There’s a chance you’ll pass, also could snort nose cleaner (kidding kinda) Omnicron is 98% of cases, delta is most of the deaths.
    The fat lady is singing, this shits over.

trip is for an avy2 class scheduled months ago -

omicron ?
    hope to test negative And get the results back in nine days... And

Be healthy for yurt-based avy training.

here's hope-ing. skiJ

( maybe I should have written,

test negative in less than nine days and get the results back in less than ten days... )

skiJ

We were all hoping that you were going to Canada for a syntax, grammar, and punctuation boot camp.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

I'd rather read wingdings.

Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY View Post
    Yeah, vit-D is useless, the body doesn’t need any of that silliness …..
    Can you provide a study that shows dumping extra in does much of anything?
    the drugs made me realize it's not about the drugs