Page 1591 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 1586 1587 1588 1589 1590 1591 1592 1593 1594 1595 1596 ... LastLast
Results 39,751 to 39,775 of 41810
    Quote Originally Posted by Trackhead View Post
    Perhaps the best thing to come of the pandemic is the term "dick nosing". Thank you for this valuable contribution to the urban dictionary that would have otherwise gone unnoticed.
    I'd give equal props to "face diaper". Throw it right back in their faces too... All the signs at business entrances should have said "Please wear your face diaper and quit acting like a toddler bout it".. Dick nosing people not properly wearing face diapers will be asked to leave.. stuff like that..
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    as someone whose dicknosed and worn a buff and bandana through the whole shit show while workin in retail and rarely masked
    i have no idea how ive managed to dodge the rona so far as i know
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

"I'd rather be lucky than good"
    Seeker of Truth. Dispenser of Wisdom. Protector of the Weak. Avenger of Evil.

data for the week ending April 8, 2022

https://covid.cdc.gov/covid-data-tra...nds_dailycases

https://covid.cdc.gov/covid-data-tra...ds_dailydeaths

more than 150,000 cases

more than 3,000 deaths for the week

good luck. skiJ

Quote Originally Posted by skiJ View Post
    by leroy jenkins in the vaccination thread -

Meanwhile in shanghai, the sound of thousands of humans collectively wailing their isolation and anguish.

china has an increasingly ineffectual vaccine, low vaccination among the elderly, and a still creaking healthcare system. Estimates of the dead from letting it rip are 1-5 million

Can't die of COVID if you die of starvation first!

Quote Originally Posted by RoooR View Post
    Given the weaknesses of the Chinese food distribution system, as evidenced here, that you think there’s exclusivity is down to partisan Covid blindness

Obesity is a risk factor for COVID!
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    Sweden is at 180 deaths / 100k. USA is at 296. They did better than almost every state in the US. Red / Blue, Urban / Rural. Basically all of them. They also avoided the massive spike in overdose deaths that we had.

Lol, imagine defending Sweden at this point. Just pure shit in, shit out, reflecting their own fears, immune to anything.

Differences in overdose deaths have much more to do with drug policy, geographic, and culture than COVID policies. There are population risk factor differences, such as Sweden having 1/3 the US rate of diabetes or a 16% higher full vaccination rate. Maybe it is all that smoked fish.

LOL, imagine defending China at this point.

who is defending China? Fuck Emperor Xi and the CCP

Sweden is at 180 deaths / 100k. USA is at 296. They did better than almost every state in the US. Red / Blue, Urban / Rural. Basically all of them. They also avoided the massive spike in overdose deaths that we had.
    I realiz that ^^ but I would compare Sweden to other Scandahoovian countries like finland/ denmark/ norway as opposed to America
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    as someone whose dicknosed and worn a buff and bandana through the whole shit show while workin in retail and rarely masked
    i have no idea how ive managed to dodge the rona so far as i know
    Weed kills the Rona

Quote Originally Posted by skiJ View Post
    respectfully, guys,
    I believe this is largely a diversion - to what goal, I do not know -

yes, certainly, a combination of factors -
    the strain of living check-to-check is felt not only by those in poverty.
    I have friends who certainly qualify as upper-middle class, and the stress and strain they experienced in 2020 ,,, the claim can be made was every bit as great as someone in a lower economic class ;

d., no one is claiming that anyone can Walk in to 'Stanford' and get unlimited medical care. However, in usofa, if you need medical care, the law of the land requires that you be provided life-saving, stabilizing care -
    do many people neglect their health and/or wait too long to seek care ? Sure - it happens every day ; it is not limited to those in poverty.

I would want to be Very careful about associating "comorbidities" with poverty without a citable Reference, even given the posters decades of clinical experience
    ( it is my experience that such conclusions can be just as deadly as assuming if one arrives at a hospital alive, one can be 'cured'. )

so I again question the author's sources, bias, and intent -
    regarding vaccination, there was nothing ( absolutely nothing ) in the source cited implicating economic status with vaccination - but that was the author's claim and conclusion.

more recently, a column was cited critical of the childhood vaccination approval process, which was delayed because, while vaccination of six month olds to two year olds produced a "robust" antibody response, the antibody response for a two-dose series in two year olds to four year olds was deemed "not-optimal"
    ( a three-dose series is being trialed ).

it feels to me like this was a(nother) 'blame the poor' offering...
    ... another attempt to stir partisan claims to an issue that never should have been partisan, And turning it into a matter of a test of faith for others...

I would be willing to review the References - If any were offered ;
    I agree with goat that this is a multi-factorial matter...

Most simply, I believe the most prevalent factor was whether or not one had covid ( covid positive ), and it is not a big step from there to whether or not one was vaccinated - and I studied that Reference last year ( see above. political association; religious association ( evangelical Christian); education. economic status wasn't even one of the defined parameters )

the poor face plenty of challenges -

I will believe death from covid is and will be for the Unvaccinated, Including those who allow their immunity to wane
    ( risk factors can be broadly assessed ; they are Not the same for everyone. )

Good luck. skiJ
    You can walk into a hospital and get life savings care but you cannot get check ups, routine cancer screenings, bloodwork, etc.

Say a person has type 2 diabetes. In many communities there is no where they can go to get care to manage it, or the medication costs too much, or the "free clinic" is only open on Tuesdays and they can't get off work.

A middle class person starts to feel fatigued, tired all the time and maybe their stomach hurts.

They go to the doctor. The low income, uninsured keeps going until they cannot because its massively complicated to go to the Dr.

The hospital will not treat you for not immediately life threatening chronic conditions and the hospital is the only place required by law to treat you. They tell you to follow up with a primary.

LOL, imagine defending China at this point.
    pointing out the constraints imposed by their policy failures is defending them? No, it isn’t. That you want the world to be elsewise is your problem

If we're talking about OD deaths, did you guys know fentanyl comes from china ?

Probably a stretch but trotsky's great gradndaughter runs the national institute of health.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________
    "We don't need predator control, we need whiner control. Anyone who complains that "the gummint oughta do sumpin" about the wolves and coyotes should be darted, caged, and released in a more suitable habitat for them, like the middle of Manhattan." - Spats

"I'm constantly doing things I can't do. Thats how I get to do them." - Pablo Picasso

Cisco and his wife are fragile idiots who breed morons.

Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    If we're talking about OD deaths, did you guys know fentanyl comes from china ?
    We know well that China targets countries it considers geopolitical rivals, like USA, by sending copious synthetic opioids and other synthetic drugs. Just ask Philippines. That's what I mean when I mentioned geographic factors being different from Sweden.

Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    We know well that China targets countries it considers geopolitical rivals, like USA, by sending copious synthetic opioids and other synthetic drugs. Just ask Philippines. That's what I mean when I mentioned geographic factors being different from Sweden.
    targets? Or are They just utterly indifferent. There have been active efforts to steal western tech and undermine it going back decades, but what’s the proof on drugs other than a really juicy narrative of retribution?

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    targets? Or are They just utterly indifferent. There have been active efforts to steal western tech and undermine it going back decades, but what’s the proof on drugs other than a really juicy narrative of retribution?
    Indifferent to human costs? Sure. Willing to create those costs when it benefits them? Also sure.

At the risk of stating the obvious, the motivation is the same as Putin's: domestic politics benefit from any failure of "competing" nations by comparison, plus we are economic and geopolitical competitors.
    A woman came up to me and said "I'd like to poison your mind
    with wrong ideas that appeal to you, though I am not unkind."

Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    Indifferent to human costs? Sure. Willing to create those costs when it benefits them? Also sure.

At the risk of stating the obvious, the motivation is the same as Putin's: domestic politics benefit from any failure of "competing" nations by comparison, plus we are economic and geopolitical competitors.
    I meant is it an active program or is it just something the government doesn’t really care about. They actively stole us research from a corp I worked for; shipping fentanyl just requires not much interest.

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    I meant is it an active program or is it just something the government doesn’t really care about. They actively stole us research from a corp I worked for; shipping fentanyl just requires not much interest.
    It scales easily so it has extreme cost/benefit as a tool in the new cold war. Like disinfo.. The major real cost is PR--which is slightly reduced by feigning indifference, but still quite high. High enough to warrant some high level thought. And a choice.

Is it really retribution or just whataboutism as cover?

News flash: everyone looks good when compared to the U.S.

heard from an american friend today in shanghai who is there with spouse and child. they've been locked down in their compound since mar 18. all people in their compound must give negative tests to a gov administered throat swab (sounds like a pcr test) at least 2 weeks apart for the residents of the compound to be released from isolation. over 2 weeks ago, a few kids tested "abnormal" by the gov, which was assumed by the gov as positive enough to lockdown the compound, but not take the kids away. the gov testers have not returned. residents in the compound are home-testing almost daily and none have had positive tests. they know of a few people that have been able to leave and fly to the US, but it sounds like the trip from compound to an airplane that actually takes-off is sketchy and high risk. currently, the positive side is that all in the compound have adequate food and nobody is physically sick.