Page 789 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 ... LastLast
Results 19,701 to 19,725 of 41810
    LOL! I surprised nobody saw this happening.. /s

https://mobile.twitter.com/JeffBernt...09051699044352

Quote Originally Posted by MultiVerse View Post
    Yeah, understood. Core Shot asked about hospitalized or dead for under 40 so about 0.2% fatalities among diagnosed cases, 20% of all hospitalizations, 12% of ICU admissions, and roughly 0.025% of all deaths in the U.S. so far.
    And the problem is that if we let this thing run its course, we will see a sizable increase in the death rate for younger people if they can't access healthcare due too overwhelmed hospitals. A lot of younger folks who want to let it rip don't fully appreciate that.

Though this was funneh

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-05-29 at 8.53.05 PM.jpg 
Views:	138 
Size:	268.7 KB 
ID:	330114
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Hard to argue with their position. The problem is that even the half hearted attempts at mitigation are unsustainable for much longer. Economic, social, and political pressure will make early release of the vaccine unavoidable. If no serious side effects emerge in the first few thousand patients after a few months I think the vaccine should be released as an experimental drug and everyone who wants the shot should be fully informed about the potential unknown risks. Essentially everyone who wants the shot would be enrolled as clinical trial subjects, subject to vaccine availability. There won't be enough vaccine for everyone at the beginning, so the number who want to get the shot and can't get it will exceed the number of refusers.

The important thing is honesty, which has been in short supply in this pandemic. Make sure not to sugar coat the risks of a rushed vaccine. Make sure not to exaggerate the chance that it will work. We don't need lies like "masks do no good (because we think you'll hoard them and health care workers won't have them)", or "we're closing schools for two weeks (even though we know it will probably be 2 years)."

Haha. Honesty.

https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jam...rticle/2766651

"There is grim historical precedent for allowing expediency to rule vaccine development. In 1955, the inactivated polio vaccine developed by Jonas Salk was declared “safe, potent, and effective” following the largest public health experiment in the nation’s history, involving more than a million schoolchildren.5 Within weeks, however, the miracle vaccine intended to end the scourge of polio stood accused of causing it. Years in development, the Salk vaccine had been rigorously tested in preparation for the massive trials. But the very success of these trials led to an understandable outcry for the immediate, but premature, public release of the vaccine. Five pharmaceutical companies were given Salk’s formula and left to produce the vaccine without significant oversight. As speed took precedence over caution, serious mistakes went unreported.5 One company, Cutter Laboratories, distributed a vaccine so contaminated with live poliovirus that 70 000 children who received that vaccine developed muscle weakness, 164 were permanently paralyzed, and 10 died.6 Not surprisingly, that incident forced the federal government to directly intervene. The legacy of this event is a regulatory landscape in which vaccines undergo thousands of tests to ensure their safety and effectiveness."

Yeah, so that video from Lake of the Ozarks? Someone who was there tested positive. Got there Saturday, started feeling symptoms Sunday but managed to keep on through the day apparently.

https://www.news-leader.com/story/ne...nd/5287511002/

Timeline

SATURDAY, MAY 23

Backwater Jack's: 1 - 5 p.m. (This is the venue featured in the video widely circulated since Memorial Day weekend.)
    Shady Gators and Lazy Gators Pool: 5:40 p.m. - 9 p.m.
    Backwater Jack's: 9:40 p.m. - 10 p.m.
    SUNDAY, MAY 24

Buffalo Wild Wings: 1 p.m. - 2 p.m.
    Shady Gators: 2:30 p.m. until 6:30 - 7 p.m.
    Taxi from Shady Gators to private residence around 7 p.m.

Quote Originally Posted by Pow4Brains View Post

That was really funny. Man I needed the laugh.

Guess I’m not watching too much SNL these days.
    Ski Shop - Basement of the Hostel

Do not tell fish stories where the people know you; but particularly, don't tell them where they know the fish.

Mark Twain

Fear and Loathing, a Rat Flu Odyssey

Quote Originally Posted by SkiBall View Post
    Yeah, so that video from Lake of the Ozarks? Someone who was there tested positive. Got there Saturday, started feeling symptoms Sunday but managed to keep on through the day apparently.

Timeline

SATURDAY, MAY 23

Backwater Jack's: 1 - 5 p.m. (This is the venue featured in the video widely circulated since Memorial Day weekend.)
    SUNDAY, MAY 24

So shocking, (sarcasm)
    ...I wonder if the big tittied medical assistant I posted before will be one...and no telling how many patients she handled this week..

I’ve had to stop myself with commenting on her IG page.

Le sigh...... Gov. Inslee has mandated face masks for all workers. This was in the comment section:

Helen Willis ⚠️ Be careful HEALTHY people, shared from a friend...
    “My daughter. 19 yrs old. Healthy. Frontline worker at a huge grocery store chain. Started feeling sick about two weeks ago. Side and back pain. Nausea.. Chest pain. Primary doc sent her for chest x-ray.. Something "lit up" on right side. Sent for MRI. Cat scan. Ultra sound of back and abdomen areas..NOTHING.. While at work was unable to breathe. Chest pain. Rushed to e.r. quarantined. Tested for covid. Young. By herself because no one can be with her. Turns out its pleurisy.. An infection of the outside of the lining of the lungs. They basically tell her.. It's because she has been wearing a mask for over 8 hours a day 5-6 days a week. Breathing in her own bacteria. Carbon dioxide.. Caused an infection. And now she is in severe pain. Has to be off work with no pay.. But you wont see that on social media! She's 19. Healthy. And now is bed bound and struggling to breathe. Antibiotics. Steroids. Breathing treatments.” ⚠️ Be careful HEALTHY people, shared from a friend...
    https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...&id=1192298212
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

"But you wont see that on social media!" posted to facebook. ok Alanis.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Haha. Honesty.

https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jam...rticle/2766651

"There is grim historical precedent for allowing expediency to rule vaccine development. In 1955, the inactivated polio vaccine developed by Jonas Salk was declared “safe, potent, and effective” following the largest public health experiment in the nation’s history, involving more than a million schoolchildren.5 Within weeks, however, the miracle vaccine intended to end the scourge of polio stood accused of causing it. Years in development, the Salk vaccine had been rigorously tested in preparation for the massive trials. But the very success of these trials led to an understandable outcry for the immediate, but premature, public release of the vaccine. Five pharmaceutical companies were given Salk’s formula and left to produce the vaccine without significant oversight. As speed took precedence over caution, serious mistakes went unreported.5 One company, Cutter Laboratories, distributed a vaccine so contaminated with live poliovirus that 70 000 children who received that vaccine developed muscle weakness, 164 were permanently paralyzed, and 10 died.6 Not surprisingly, that incident forced the federal government to directly intervene. The legacy of this event is a regulatory landscape in which vaccines undergo thousands of tests to ensure their safety and effectiveness."
    According to this source https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2928990/ there were 250 cases of polio caused by the Cutter vaccine and "several" children died from Wyeth's vaccine. The CDC quotes the same numbers. According to this source https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1383764/ the Cutter vaccine paralyzed 200 and killed 10. By contrast in 1952, the worst year of the polio pandemic, over 3000 died and over 21,000 were paralyzed by natural polio. Seems like the risk of rapid development was worth it in the case of polio.

When I was a kid I had an eye doctor who was wheel chair bound because of the vaccine. I had polio at age 2, non paralytic, although as an older child I was frighteningly skinny and I've always had unusually weak upper body strength which I assumed was genetic, until I produced (I'm pretty sure) 2 kids with normal strength and build. So maybe there was some mild damage from the polio.

Quote Originally Posted by SkiBall View Post

Timeline

SATURDAY, MAY 23

SUNDAY, MAY 24

You know, I'd be more concerned about long term health issues for those that spend entire summer weekends drinking, eating grease and salt, and lying around pools, lakes, and beaches.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    You know, I'd be more concerned about long term health issues for those that spend entire summer weekends drinking, eating grease and salt, and lying around pools, lakes, and beaches.
    I dunno, sounds like a pretty good weekend to me.

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    That's what brainwashing from a young age will get you.
    I listened to an interview (or maybe it was a TEDTalk) with a young girl from North Korea. She disvribed growing up in NK and truly believing KJI was a god since I she was ever fed was the state propaganda. Wasn't until after her escape to SK and then the US that she saw any alternatives. Her main point is don't dis people for believing unbelievable things when the unbelievable thing is the only option they see.

This is why we need to teach comparative religions in grade school, to show alternatives to the propaganda. No doubt science is no different. In regions were little or bad science is taught, it is no wonder they believe the current disinformation.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

Quote Originally Posted by hutash View Post
    This is why we need to teach comparative religions in grade school, to show alternatives to the propaganda. No doubt science is no different. In regions were little or bad science is taught, it is no wonder they believe the current disinformation.
    Very valid point about our approach to math and science, and probably technology. Our educational efforts seem to focus recently on broadening the spread of knowledge even if we can't deepen it, and a natural result is more people walking around with just enough knowledge to be dangerous. Teaching science, math and technology needs to start with the nature of expertise and the importance of thinking critically about one's own knowledge--and that of anyone claiming expertise. We're getting killed on that subject. Literally these days.

So if the more recent prevailing general consensus seems to be mostly acquired airborne, and contact via a plate or a fork at a restaurant not such a big deal, what’s with all the spraying?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	48B3CB28-AE8B-4EEA-96E2-6F59A1C481C8.jpg 
Views:	109 
Size:	524.7 KB 
ID:	330164

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    Le sigh...... Gov. Inslee has mandated face masks for all workers. This was in the comment section:

Helen Willis ⚠️ Be careful HEALTHY people, shared from a friend...
    “My daughter. 19 yrs old. Healthy. Frontline worker at a huge grocery store chain. Started feeling sick about two weeks ago. Side and back pain. Nausea.. Chest pain. Primary doc sent her for chest x-ray.. Something "lit up" on right side. Sent for MRI. Cat scan. Ultra sound of back and abdomen areas..NOTHING.. While at work was unable to breathe. Chest pain. Rushed to e.r. quarantined. Tested for covid. Young. By herself because no one can be with her. Turns out its pleurisy.. An infection of the outside of the lining of the lungs. They basically tell her.. It's because she has been wearing a mask for over 8 hours a day 5-6 days a week. Breathing in her own bacteria. Carbon dioxide.. Caused an infection. And now she is in severe pain. Has to be off work with no pay.. But you wont see that on social media! She's 19. Healthy. And now is bed bound and struggling to breathe. Antibiotics. Steroids. Breathing treatments.” ⚠️ Be careful HEALTHY people, shared from a friend...
    https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...&id=1192298212
    Is this a verified source? Or some boomer passing along a chain email thing with disinformation. “Shared from a friend”........in Russia.

Sounds a little fishy to me, like subversion to fuel the flames for the anti-maskers wrapped in a nice empathetic coating.

Or is this some one off anomaly overhyped and went viral to show how masks are hurting people. Why aren’t the thousands of frontline healthcare workers who wear these all day everyday for their careers not suffering from this at an alarming rate.

“Shared from a friend”.

Way to spread the bullshit KQ. And then you’ll be the first to complain how people aren’t wearing masks.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

KQ strives to maintain a 1:1 recipe to blatant falsehood ratio with her posts here.

She also doesn't seem to grasp that by quoting that bullshit here, she is facilitating the further spread of it.

Why are you so much more personable on weekdays?

Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    Is this a verified source? Or some boomer passing along a chain email thing with disinformation. “Shared from a friend”........in Russia.

Sounds a little fishy to me, like subversion to fuel the flames for the anti-maskers wrapped in a nice empathetic coating.

Or is this some one off anomaly overhyped and went viral to show how masks are hurting people. Why aren’t the thousands of frontline healthcare workers who wear these all day everyday for their careers not suffering from this at an alarming rate.

“Shared from a friend”.

Way to spread the bullshit KQ. And then you’ll be the first to complain how people aren’t wearing masks.
    Did you really just quote a BS post to shame KQ for quoting a BS post?

No need to reply, I gotta go for a ride, I'm sure you guys will have it all worked out long before I can get back.

Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    Did you really just quote a BS post to shame KQ for quoting a BS post?

No need to reply, I gotta go for a ride, I'm sure you guys will have it all worked out long before I can get back.
    Ummm. Yes.

Oh sorry, I replied.

Have a fun ride guy.

I didn't say "don't"

Oh give us a fuckin break. If someone cuts and pastes a Facebook post into here and says “look at the bullshit that is being passed around” that doesn’t facilitate it spreading unless you are the fuckin idiot that would take it from here and keep spreading it around out there.

If you’re that desperate to feel self righteous maybe go to the OANN comment section for the snowflake support you need.

Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post
    Oh give us a fuckin break. If someone cuts and pastes a Facebook post into here and says “look at the bullshit that is being passed around” that doesn’t facilitate it spreading unless you are the fuckin idiot that would take it from here and keep spreading it around out there.

Yes it does.

There are plenty of dumbasses here that click that link and believe it, share it, whatever.

You seem to think TGR doesn’t have thousands of lurkers either.

Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    Yes it does.

There are plenty of dumbasses here that click that link and believe it, share it, whatever.

You seem to think TGR doesn’t have thousands of lurkers either.

They already saw that shit on their own feeds and in their own echo chambers.

Or do we just shut it down and head to alpine zone? We should not discuss any bullshit tin foil hat theories that are circulating widely because some lurker might notice it and spread it further? We in the padded room (well, those of you above all this) are the bastion for truth for the public?

Get a load of yourself.

Why do the dumbest people here need the truth verified? Are they too stupid to verify it themselves. Too lazy? Both?
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.