Page 875 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 870 871 872 873 874 875 876 877 878 879 880 ... LastLast
Results 21,851 to 21,875 of 41810
    Quote Originally Posted by splat View Post
    I'm back home after getting my first shot for a vaccine in Albequerque yesterday. I get a booster bump in a couple weeks, which would probably correspond to the timetable of getting sick after probably being exposed on a 737 full, and I mean full, of Texicans out of DFW last night, wedged into a middle seat between two dudes whose noses were hanging out of their masks. 50% of young people in the airport in Dallas had no masks. I went out to get something to eat a couple nights ago in Dallas and saw packed bar/restaurants with nary a mask in sight. I'm sure hoping this vax works.

They must all have been Antifa protesters to act like that.

edit to add: Talking with a flight attendant in back of the plane, she said American Airlines has said a few hundred flight crew have contracted COVID but all the crews believe the airline is probably copping to only a tenth of the real number.
    Which vaccine version did you get Splat?
    Move upside and let the man go through...

Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    At least they picked the right place to test it?
    Considering I was the only person I know of getting it.....maybe.
    I was talking to a woman in ABQ who is a midwife on the Navaho res and she said they're getting decimated by it out there.

Texas Gov. Greg Abbott signed an executive order on Thursday mandating face coverings in public places "in counties with 20 or more positive COVID-19 cases, with a few exceptions," according to a statement.

Jesus, America get your shit together! I’m 2 hours away from Italy in a tourist town and we haven’t had a case in over three weeks!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mofro261 View Post
    Which vaccine version did you get Splat?
    Best recollection is fragmented virus shell so body produces Tcells that will kill the virus.
    Same thing Viva got, I believe. Recombinant?

Quote Originally Posted by funkendrenchman View Post
    Texas Gov. Greg Abbott signed an executive order on Thursday mandating face coverings in public places "in counties with 20 or more positive COVID-19 cases, with a few exceptions," according to a statement.
    Well, yippeekiyofuckingkiyay!!! They all gonna be down at skoug's place of worship fondling snakes in a few weeks.

Oregon State Police don’t wear coronavirus masks while patronizing coffee shop, despite governor’s order

A group of Oregon State Police troopers appeared to defy Gov. Kate Brown’s statewide mask order while in uniform Wednesday, entering a Corvallis coffee shop without wearing required face coverings, video obtained by The Oregonian/OregonLive shows.

The store’s assistant manager, Travis Boss, said he told the first trooper who arrived that the trooper needed to wear a mask.

“Governor Brown has no authority to take our civil liberties. We aren’t going to wear masks,” the trooper allegedly said, according to a written statement from Boss provided to the newsroom.

The trooper proceeded to place his order, Boss said in an interview, offering a foul-mouthed retort to the governor’s mandate that masks be worn within indoor public spaces.

“He said, ‘F---, Kate Brown,’” Boss recalled
    https://www.oregonlive.com/coronavir...ors-order.html

<making popcorn>

Update - Trooper has been placed on leave pending outcome of internal investigation. Based on comments from Superintendent of State police, Trooper “Muh Freedumz“ will be turning in his badge soon.
    https://thehill.com/homenews/state-w...ng-mask-report
    Last edited by TBS; 07-02-2020 at 07:07 PM.

So welcome to a July 4 weekend in 2020 where you will witness many citizens of Texas tell some god damn liberal jew New York fake media holder of microphone, [wearing mask, of course] Ah ain't wearin' no mask. I have ma freedom. This is Murica! Now stand back, this sucka can kill you if you get in the way [lights fireworks]

Quote Originally Posted by splat View Post
    Considering I was the only person I know of getting it.....maybe.
    I was talking to a woman in ABQ who is a midwife on the Navaho res and she said they're getting decimated by it out there.
    We were just told today that they're putting homeless Covid 19 patients in Gallup, NM in cages......Seriously, outdoor cages. And Splat, next time your in the Q hit me up, I've got cold beers and a socially-distance friendly yard....
    What we have here is an intelligence failure. You may be familiar with staring directly at that when shaving. .
    -Ottime
    One man can only push so many boulders up hills at one time.
    -BMillsSkier

Quote Originally Posted by seano732 View Post
    From a Tucson doctor...... Fucking terrifying. Hunker down AZ mags.
    http://www.tucsonsentinel.com/opinio...vid_doctor_op/
    repeated arterial sticks to measure pO2 when pulse oximetry will tell you what you need to know, or an arterial line if you really need repeated blood gases. I hope I never wind up in that hospital.

Regarding the low death rate--if it is due to mainly young people getting infected it could take quite a while for the death rate to climb. First the young people have to transmit it to old people, which will take weeks, then the old people will have to start to have symptoms--more time. Then the old people will take a month or longer to die (unless the hospital runs out of ventilators). So 6 weeks or more from the start of the spike. Given that in some hot spots ICU's are full and in at least one location in AZ (can;t remember where) care is being rationed--the deaths are on the way.

The cops in the coffee shop should be fired. Also the firefighters and EMT's who were maskless in our house when my wife got pneumonia.

Edit--triage is state wide policy in AZ. Nationally deaths starting to rise.
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...1dc_story.html
    Last edited by old goat; 07-02-2020 at 08:35 PM.

The biggliest numbers #winning #maga

Oregon reports 375 new confirmed and presumptive COVID-19 cases, 1 new death

https://www.oregon.gov/oha/ERD/Pages...new-death.aspx

Quote Originally Posted by k2skier112 View Post
    The biggliest numbers #winning #maga

Oregon reports 375 new confirmed and presumptive COVID-19 cases, 1 new death

https://www.oregon.gov/oha/ERD/Pages...new-death.aspx
    Oregon is going gangbusters!

COVID-19 spreads to workplaces as cases continue to rise

UMATILLA COUNTY — As the gush of new COVID-19 cases continues, the state is identifying more Eastern Oregon businesses as workplace outbreaks.

Umatilla County Public Health announced 84 new confirmed cases on Wednesday, July 1, in addition to seven new presumptive cases, bringing the county’s total to 615 cases. While hospitalizations remain stable at eight, the number of people actively sick with COVID-19 has surpassed the number of people who have already recovered from the virus.

Umatilla County’s update arrived on the same day the Oregon Health Authority announced new figures on large workplace outbreaks, a figure that includes both employees and nonwork close contacts who have tested positive for the virus.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Quote Originally Posted by funkendrenchman View Post
    Wouldn't it be cool if at least one of these doofuses admitted to being completely wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    Oregon is going gangbusters!

COVID-19 spreads to workplaces as cases continue to rise

UMATILLA COUNTY — As the gush of new COVID-19 cases continues, the state is identifying more Eastern Oregon businesses as workplace outbreaks.

Umatilla County Public Health announced 84 new confirmed cases on Wednesday, July 1, in addition to seven new presumptive cases, bringing the county’s total to 615 cases. While hospitalizations remain stable at eight, the number of people actively sick with COVID-19 has surpassed the number of people who have already recovered from the virus.

Umatilla County’s update arrived on the same day the Oregon Health Authority announced new figures on large workplace outbreaks, a figure that includes both employees and nonwork close contacts who have tested positive for the virus.
    Lotta crop harvest and food processing in Umatilla county, no?
    There’s a big outbreak on the coast originating at a Pacific Seafood plant in Newport too. And in the Woodburn area
    Lot of immigrants packed into tight working and living conditions.

God money's not looking for the cure.
    God money's not concerned with the sick among the pure.
    God money let's go dancing on the backs of the bruised.
    God money's not one to choose

By golly they're going to have their rodeo by calling it a protest!

'Freedom Rodeo' and Parade North of Pasco to Buck the State Coronavirus Order

BASIN CITY, Wa. — A group of Tri-Citians are ignoring government orders against large gatherings and organizing a two-day Independence Day event with a rodeo, parade and dance parties.

The Basin City 4th of July Parade and Freedom Rodeo is going to be held in a rodeo arena that reportedly hasn't been used in nearly four decades.

Organizers spent the past month at Basin City Memorial Park leveling the rodeo grounds, installing bleachers and putting in grass.

Basin City is about a half hour north of Pasco in Franklin County.

Franklin and Benton counties both have applied to reopen more.

Rowdy Barry, who retired from bullfighting in January 2019, said in a Facebook video that there is no better symbol of freedom than a cowboy.

"What do we stand for? What does the cowboy stand for?" he asked. "As long as we can remember, freedom. And that is what we are in protest of from our government, is freedom."

He welcomed those who don't agree with the crowded public event being held right now to "come make a stand, come interrupt or come watch everybody that is here."

Barry also said on the video that the rodeo arena has not been used in almost 40 years.

"There's some great people around this community that have come together and turned a very old arena into a very nice arena in less than a month," he said.

The Freedom Rodeo is being put on by donations, organizer Clay Barry said in a Facebook post.

Friday's schedule includes rodeo events and a dance with music by Stompin Ground of the Tri-Cities.

On Saturday, there's a morning parade, a second rodeo performance, 15-minute firework show and another dance.

Camping, for those not entered in the rodeo, is being offered in a large gravel and dirt lot between storage sheds.

"This is a community rodeo, put on by your community, for your community, so no ticket sales are needed," organizer KyLee Shumway said in a separate Facebook video. "This is your great community coming together, rebuilding this facility, putting on a rodeo for you guys. So come enjoy."

As of Monday evening, nearly 1,500 people said on the event's Facebook page that they are interested in the Friday and Saturday Freedom Rodeo and nearly 500 said they are going.

One discussion on the event page involved how much candy a parade participant needs to bring to hand or toss out to kids along the route through the rural unincorporated agricultural town of about 1,000 people.

"With everything going on in the country and in the state, some esteemed members of our community have come together to put on a western celebration of our independence," the organizers wrote on the event's Facebook page.

Franklin County remains in Phase 1 of Gov. Jay Inslee's four-phase reopening plan because it continues to have a high number of new COVID-19 cases.

It is one of only three counties trying to emerge from the coronavirus pandemic that are still in the first phase, which does not allow for social gatherings, limits outdoor spiritual gatherings and requires restaurants and retailers to limit purchases to curbside or pick-up
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Rideski View Post

This needs to be quoted on regular basis.

The floggings will continue until morale improves.

Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    Exposure news is a bit misleading and probably more click bait for the thirsty COVID apocalypse chicken little folk.

I mean if someone went to Target and then tested positive later that day or week, health officials will ask where they were.

Target is notified and looks at the data and says 763 people were in the store that day.

763 exposures!!!! Call the Twitter. Shocking. But in reality how many of those exposures lead to infections?

Big Headline numbers.
    I keep hearing this kind of count exaggeration for every given situation.
    Where is it documented that this is how the counts are conducted?
    Cause the more I hear it, the more it sounds more like Russian trollbot disinformation rather than actual SOP.

Maybe it's been discussed here, but I really enjoyed reading about the brightest future minds of Alabama having corona parties with bet pools for the person who would get infected first. Make uni students great again?

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/07/02/u...rnd/index.html
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

I'm encountering more and more people who refuse to mask/social distance/cover their coughs or sneezes because "the sooner we all catch it, the sooner we can get this over with and move on."

Is it the grey skies that make people so selfish and stupid, or is it that the only white settlers who ended up all the way the fuck out here were criminals, con men, sociopaths and rejects who had been run out of every previous frontier area they traveled through?

Quote Originally Posted by Rideski View Post

Am awesome song and album...aaahhhh...simpler times.
    Still relevant too.

Fear and Loathing, a Rat Flu Odyssey

I went for a morning walk while my Mom slept in this morning. I wore a mask because my Mom is vulnerable. I was on the sidewalk and a car actually stopped in the street and started yelling at me about masks. Like, red in the face temper-tantrum yelling. What the fuck ?

Location = small town Wisconsin

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Quote Originally Posted by subtle plague View Post
    Maybe it's been discussed here, but I really enjoyed reading about the brightest future minds of Alabama having corona parties with bet pools for the person who would get infected first. Make uni students great again?

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/07/02/u...rnd/index.html
    We really do have a special kind of stupid in this country.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    I went for a morning walk while my Mom slept in this morning. I wore a mask because my Mom is vulnerable. I was on the sidewalk and a car actually stopped in the street and started yelling at me about masks. Like, red in the face temper-tantrum yelling. What the fuck ?

With a mask on you can stick your tongue out or mouth obscenities.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post

They're right to be pissed about masks, they're just wrong as to exactly why.

We're way behind on masks because of the stupid discussions that happened early on. At this point our "leadership" needs to come out and admit they lied about masks so we wouldn't buy up all the n95's. Show the mechanics of how this stuff works, and start testing actual masks and reporting their effectiveness. More talk is not going to convince that third of the population that's angry because they can sense they've been lied to.

100% mask compliance in W2 yesterday. In DT, at the feed and grocery stores, at restaurants (when not eating obliviously).

IMO anyone who

1. Couldn't decide/figure out on their own that a face covering would mitigate the spread of a respiratory virus (we already cover coughs and sneezes) and

2. Is hung-up/surprised that government lied to them and can't move on has some growing up to do.

Where is that independent American thinking and ingenuity?