Page 860 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 855 856 857 858 859 860 861 862 863 864 865 ... LastLast
Results 21,476 to 21,500 of 41810
    Quote Originally Posted by Lone Star View Post
    He likes to encourage people to say hateful things, often by...saying hateful things. It is funny to see the assholes get embarrassed but in the end.... he was saying those hateful things, too.

Still, it makes me laugh.

One of my dad's greatest conversational skills is leading people into revealing how they really feel about things, but without actually stooping to their level. Some of the horrendous things he's extracted from otherwise respectable people were really eye opening. Made me realize at a young age that you never truly know someone.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mike View Post
    well, even if you get it on your jeans, etc., you still don't get Covid unless it gets from your jeans to a mucous membrane. It doesn't migrate through your skin. So, it has to go from the cooler handle to your hand to your jeans and then somehow to your mouth. My understanding is that this bug doesn't survive particularly well on surfaces, so the odds of it making it through all those steps and into your mouth are low. But, don't lick the cooler handle and don't lick your hand right after you open the cooler using that handle.
    Have there been any updates to this 1987 study?
    https://www.jstor.org/stable/30134751?seq=1
    Dragged up from decades old memory with help from the googs.

They had a really hard time showing common cold transmission via fomites. I'm not saying corona is the same, but it suggests respiratory viruses are primarily spread via respiration.
    10/01/2012 Site was upgraded to 300 baud.

Wow. Did not know that. So then, fuck the hand sanitizer? No more being careful touching packages or paper money?

Quote Originally Posted by Rideski View Post
    Wow. Did not know that. So then, fuck the hand sanitizer? No more being careful touching packages or paper money?
    I quarantine or wash my groceries / packages. Might be overkill. I'm not an epidemiologist. That study could be flawed, or Covid is different, I wouldn't know.

IANAE, but that study used a tiny sample. Definitely not proof of "impossibility" even in that virus. Aerosols are more likely, but no big surprise there.

If nothing else the Covid has got me washing the pesticides and herbicides and e coli off my fruits and vegetables.

PS If you're staying home washing your hands 40 times a day probably isn't doing you a lot of good.

Quote Originally Posted by LongShortLong View Post
    Have there been any updates to this 1987 study?
    https://www.jstor.org/stable/30134751?seq=1
    Dragged up from decades old memory with help from the googs.

They had a really hard time showing common cold transmission via fomites. I'm not saying corona is the same, but it suggests respiratory viruses are primarily spread via respiration.
    Answering my own question - some cold viruses are spread by fomite, some are not. Apparently not the one studied above.

2004 literature review, see table 2
    https://www.researchgate.net/publica...literature#pf3

Curious why there are no public service announcements on Tv in regards to Covid and risk management.

They send everyone $1200, how about the send everyone some masks now we’ve caught up.

In Chile, you are now arrested if caught without a mask.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post

PS If you're staying home washing your hands 40 times a day probably isn't doing you a lot of good.
    It keeps the hair from growing on your palms as quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    If nothing else the Covid has got me washing the pesticides and herbicides and e coli off my fruits and vegetables.

I would bet as a random person in the American population, I touch my face quite a bit less than average. I’m a bit of a germaphobe. No surprise there I’m sure. But as a result I don’t get sick very often.

But for a few months we’ve been seeing images of other countries spraying disinfectant on people, and public streets and sidewalks., etc Two entirely different prognosis here.

I would bet as a random person in the American population, I touch my face quite a bit less than average. I’m a bit of a germaphobe. No surprise there I’m sure. But as a result I don’t get sick very often.

But for a few months we’ve been seeing images of other countries spraying disinfectant on people, and public streets and sidewalks., etc Two entirely different prognosis here.
    I'm the opposite of a germaphobe and literally can't recall the last time I was sick. I've said it before, aside from a mask and trying to keep people at a distance, I have changed very little of my day to day.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using TGR Forums mobile app

way too late for me.

Quote Originally Posted by bodywhomper View Post
    It keeps the hair from growing on your palms as quickly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    If I lived in WA, Oft would be my realtor. Seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Cono Este View Post
    Curious why there are no public service announcements on Tv in regards to Covid and risk management.

They send everyone $1200, how about the send everyone some masks now we’ve caught up.

Because Trump.

PSAs would require leadership, and that particular kind seems to be lacking at all levels. For some reason public health and political leaders are happy putting up some numbers and graphs, and various frequency of press conferences that most people don't see. You ask a good question.

We have politics here, so we can't send masks. It's in the Constitution somewhere.

Looks like theater to me. Maybe the disinfectant show helps people to distance, wear masks, and contact trace.

Talking

Haha sorry folks this one was far too funneh to pass up. Apologies for breaking the "don't quote the dullard" rule.
    Quote Originally Posted by jgb@etree View Post
    If effective use of google is how you define a 'public health epidemiologist savant' we are completely fucked and the world is going to end, like, next week.
    Heh. whoosh. Guess I need to use the /s next time.

As for "effective use of teh Googlz:
    https://lmgtfy.com/?q=study+effectiv...of+cloth+masks

Both links come from the top 5 hits.
    Congratulations, you've earned this:

Name:  unnamed.jpg
Views: 1391
Size:  102.7 KB

I'm a pro nerd herder and use my tech-fu to block all that shit at the edge of my network. I don't just ignore it, I don't even see it.
    Great lulz value here, fuckin’ tech-fu

Lemme guess, you’re Mensa, read Nature on the shitter and are “Black below the waist.”

Quote Originally Posted by oftpiste View Post
    way too late for me.
    Curly or straight?

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Star View Post
    Sacha Baron Cohen once again crosses the line, but makes me giggle anyway:

https://www.thedailybeast.com/sacha-...pia-washington
    well fuck someone has to

If you got netflix check out " The spy " to see Sacha Baron Cohen in a serious role
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Really. You don't know why? Did you miss the last election?
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

Quote Originally Posted by wooley12 View Post
    Really. You don't know why? Did you miss the last election?
    If he did miss it, for the love of god don't tell him.

Pay closer attention? Or maybe its just here in Montana. PSAs urging people to SD and wear masks every evening around the local new slots.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

I just got one of those emergency broadcast system alerts to social distance. Pissed me off actually. It was not like there was an incoming nuke from NK.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

Quote Originally Posted by hutash View Post
    I just got one of those emergency broadcast system alerts to social distance. Pissed me off actually. It was not like there was an incoming nuke from NK.
    Was it advising for 6 feet or a greater distance?

Quote Originally Posted by puregravity View Post
    Daily Deaths in the USA is still going down.
    Next week we will know of it is just a 2 week lag from cases.
    How bout shut the fuck up idiot. Yeah, the US is nailing it. Welcome to my ignore list dipshit.
    “I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different.”
    ― Kurt Vonnegut, A Man Without a Country

www.mymountaincoop.ca

This is OUR mountain - come join us!

Quote Originally Posted by garyfromterrace View Post
    How bout shut the fuck up idiot. Yeah, the US is nailing it. Welcome to my ignore list dipshit.
    You take issue with my comment? The deaths per 100K in the US *is* going down. That's a fact. Do you dispute that?

I repeat: though the number of cases in the US is breaking out, deaths is actually going down.

You don't agree? Maybe explain your thinking rather than go all berzerk and throw insults and call names.

BTW - Why are you calling me an idiot, and a dipshit? Seriously, what's up with that? Please feel free to add me to your ignore list if that's what you need to do.