Page 1234 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 1229 1230 1231 1232 1233 1234 1235 1236 1237 1238 1239 ... LastLast
Results 30,826 to 30,850 of 41810
    RE temp scannings....When all of this started back in March, we reached out to some Fire Chiefs in the PNW, which at that time was ground zero for this shit, and asked them what we should be doing to protect our firefighters....They all said the same thing: temperature checks, masks, and nobody but FFs in the stations....We have caught about half a dozen cases with the temp scanning; our problem now is that it is just raging here in NM, and we're starting to see multiple outbreaks throughout our department. I've been exposed three times so far, but all my tests have been negative....This whole thing sucks. If fucking sucks.
    What we have here is an intelligence failure. You may be familiar with staring directly at that when shaving. .
    -Ottime
    One man can only push so many boulders up hills at one time.
    -BMillsSkier

Mom losses her daughter and rolls into post-mortem denial:

https://www.kxly.com/spokane-mother-...ughters-death/

That just seems like the worst thing in the world--lose a child and go into a spiral about politics and nonsense. The inevitable self-doubt is going to double when she gets around to whether or not her daughter with "lifelong conditions" could have been better protected. Brutal.

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post

We could choose to do this, .
    Is there a "We" in the US anymore?

The groundswell of people that defy common courtesy, wear guns in public as well as the whole masking simplicity shatters that notion.

And in the offices, the complicity of Republican leaders with regard to the subversion of the election is a new watermark.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    Here's a real life scenario on why temp scanning isn't effective:

I am on my last day of isolation for actually having the virus. I had a high temperature for about 3 hours on day two of symptoms. But according to science I was "Shedding" and able to infect other people for 14 days. Also, my normal temp runs pretty low, like 97ºF so for me to be in the 99-100 range that a scanner would be looking for, I would have a long way to go before I would set off alarm bells.
    The real life scenario I’m going with is my real life sister’s real life experience in a real place that’s really doing a lot better than us.

Quote Originally Posted by frorider View Post
    Any particular measure, like temp scanning, doesn’t need to be 100% perfect in order to mitigate a pandemic.
    i.e., "Layers of Swiss Cheese" model

If any one measure isn’t completely immediately effective we’re not going to do it.

The concept of many partially effective measures is (I guess) too rhetorically complicated. (?)

The real life scenario I’m going with is my real life sister’s real life experience in a real place that’s really doing a lot better than us.
    Cool, you got nekkid pics?

I've got an uncle who lives in China. He said that his neighbor got dragged away to quarantine a month ago and he hasn't seen him since. Maybe that's how they beat the virus.

Here in the real world, your temp scanners are about as effective as "thoughts and prayers".

ETA: I will agree though that if people were to wear a fitness tracking device that would immediately alert them to a substantial rise in temperature, heart rate, or drop in SpO2, then you might be on to something. From the data that I have from my personal smart watch, and taking my own temp regularly, I can definitely see where I was symptomatic in retrospect.

I've got an uncle who lives in China. He said that his neighbor got dragged away to quarantine a month ago and he hasn't seen him since. Maybe that's how they beat the virus.
    Sorta rike the Covid version of a repers colony?
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Here in the real world, your temp scanners are about as effective as "thoughts and prayers".

ETA: I will agree though that if people were to wear a fitness tracking device that would immediately alert them to a substantial rise in temperature, heart rate, or drop in SpO2, then you might be on to something. From the data that I have from my personal smart watch, and taking my own temp regularly, I can definitely see where I was symptomatic in retrospect.
    Holy shit dude...

Couple things:
    1) yeah, that’s how China beat the virus...by forcibly isolating sick people.

2) seano just posted his dept has caught 6 cases with temp scanning.

3) do you seriously see other countries as not being part of the real world? What’s your definition of reality? Who qualifies?

4) in this day and age, this is as far as I go. You’ve activated my troll alarm, and I can only engage with trolling to a point, and that point is here. Hit the smelling salts, smarten up, take a lap. For fucks sake bro.

Holy shit dude...

Couple things:
    1) yeah, that’s how China beat the virus...by forcibly isolating sick people.

2) seano just posted his dept has caught 6 cases with temp scanning.

3) do you seriously see other countries as not being part of the real world? What’s your definition of reality? Who qualifies?

4) in this day and age, this is as far as I go. You’ve activated my troll alarm, and I can only engage with trolling to a point, and that point is here. Hit the smelling salts, smarten up, take a lap. For fucks sake bro.
    Are you new to TGR? Sorry if my disagreeing with you rattled your cage.

Are you new to TGR? Sorry if my disagreeing with you rattled your cage.
    Anecdotal stories are cool but just it’s akin to saying “I smoked a pack a day for 50 years and nothing bad happened” - sure you can find people like that but should public health measures be based off outliers?

Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post
    Anecdotal stories are cool but just it’s akin to saying “I smoked a pack a day for 50 years and nothing bad happened” - sure you can find people like that but should public health measures be based off outliers?
    I get that it is anecdotal, there's a lot of anecdotal stories going around. Probably about 12.7m of them in the US.

Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    Mom losses her daughter and rolls into post-mortem denial:

https://www.kxly.com/spokane-mother-...ughters-death/

That just seems like the worst thing in the world--lose a child and go into a spiral about politics and nonsense. The inevitable self-doubt is going to double when she gets around to whether or not her daughter with "lifelong conditions" could have been better protected. Brutal.
    ".......and who’s to say she really had COVID.”

Uhhhhh... I think there's a test for that. Poor woman. I don't get why it matters as it won't change the outcome unless as you say she feels subconsciously that she didn’t do enough to shield her from the virus.

Funny, I had an uncle that developed cognitive decline. I don't know if it was dementia or Alzheimer’s but one of the two ran in the family. One time at a family gathering I said something like "Uncle John had Alzheimer’s too" and his wife piped up "he did not have Alzheimer’s! He had dementia!" She was quite adamant about the distinction. I didn't argue and I guess I don't know enough about either I just know he forgot who I was and then he died and it was sad no matter what caused it.

Such crappy times. Was just thinking this morning while I was doing chores that this time last year we were blissfully unaware of what was lurking on the horizon. I have def. decided I will get the vaccine. This needs to be gone and it seems to me, from what I’ve read, it won’t happen without people getting vaccinated so I’m going to do my part to help.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

or maybe he had the virus and succumbed to it. I mean... since we're guessing and spreading 2nd....3rd....4th hand information.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

I get that it is anecdotal, there's a lot of anecdotal stories going around. Probably about 12.7m of them in the US.
    Yes good. You’re getting closer. Now examine those 12.7m stories, accept that perfection is the enemy, and see if some good recommendations can come out of that. Those recommendations may not fit your own personal experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    During the first surge a lot of hospitals stopped doing contact isolation for colonized MRSA/VRE to conserve gowns. Cdiff and CRE obviously still got gowns.

Looking at data, Cdiff is up.
    Interesting, thanks. I wonder why C diff up?--Shear volume of patients? I would assume that covid patients wouldn't be getting antibiotics to trigger c diff?

But what about Sweden?

Swedish life expectancy falls due to Covid

Vibes to the maggots personally affected by Covid. Thanks for sharing your stories and hope it goes well for you.

Seano - maybe the Australian fire season needs you? Escape this rathole for a few months.

As to swiss cheese theory and "thoughts and prayers," I'm all for it as one of the countermeasures. A few minutes of self-reflection about actions and disease can work wonders. After all, thinking about driving has helped keep me alive while driving. And the seat belt, and the driving laws, and the conventions, and the stop signs, and ABS, and a bunch of other stuff. Never used an airbag or the 911 response, so remove them???

I'll be getting a vaccine. 10's of thousands have been vaccinated with no deaths, and a sick day for some. Covid kills 1-10 per thousand. We don't seem to be able to control spread. On balance the vaccine looks like a huge win for my health.

I been seeing my people wearing masks at random for years in airports or in the city

they certainly don't look very free
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by frorider View Post
    hallelujah. Dating pool needs a refresh.
    There's gonna be a lot of angry single Karens out there.

My BIL's family in MN has it; confirmed test on his 9-year-old daughter. She's sick as hell; rest of family has mild symptoms. Fuck.

Quote Originally Posted by Flyoverland Captive View Post
    My BIL's family in MN has it; confirmed test on his 9-year-old daughter. She's sick as hell; rest of family has mild symptoms. Fuck.
    Oh man FC, that's awful.....Vibes your way.
    What we have here is an intelligence failure. You may be familiar with staring directly at that when shaving. .
    -Ottime
    One man can only push so many boulders up hills at one time.
    -BMillsSkier

Notice how suddenly all the maga snowflakes are talking about how we aren't China. Everywhere I go the last few days. I check in here and fuck if we aren't China. Who knew?

We aren't South Korea, or Australia, or New Zealand either...all countries that are kicking covid ass in comparison...so I guess we raise the white flag. We are so damned weak as a people.

These right wingnuts are so controlled. Like talking to trollbots. What lame ass argument will they simultaneously spew next week?

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Good luck HTFB, +++vibes+++ your way

This is why we're fucking doomed. Denver mayor urges people not to travel for Thanksgiving. Then travels to Mississippi for Thanksgiving.

https://www.denverpost.com/2020/11/2...sgiving-covid/

FFS.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

^ Guy should lose his job. Same for Newsom and whoever else does that shit.