Page 896 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 891 892 893 894 895 896 897 898 899 900 901 ... LastLast
Results 22,376 to 22,400 of 41810
    Orwell spins in his grave.

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    Ohio state lawmaker calls for people to stop getting tested

"Are you tired of living ?" Republican state Rep. Nino Vitale wrote in a post on Facebook Tuesday after Ohio Gov. Mike DeWine, a Republican, announced the mask mandate.
    FIFH

Bummer. Sur La Table declares bankruptcy. I liked that store.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Bummer. Sur La Table declares bankruptcy. I liked that store.
    CEO Jason Goldberger said the sale process "will result in a revitalized Sur La Table, positioned to thrive in a post Covid-19 retail environment
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

FYI:

Influenza kills between 12,000 – 61,000 Americans annually in the US (typical flu season lasts 4 to 5 months). To date, in the same time period, 135,000 Americans have died of Covid19.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    FYI:

Influenza kills between 12,000 – 61,000 Americans annually in the US (typical flu season lasts 4 to 5 months). To date, in the same time period, 135,000 Americans have died of Covid19.
    And flu isn't spreading exponentially with no end in sight at the end of 5 months.

Quote Originally Posted by AdironRider View Post
    I love this shitty argument about how you basically need to STFU unless you are currently living in an active war zone.

This is going to affect every child worldwide in some way. Some more than others, sure, but please, this is not a good thing for a child's development in any way and it would be preferable if it wasn't the situation.
    I disagree here: not good for a child’s development in any way? I think back to
    the stories my grandmother told me of living through the air raids in England in WW2 as a child- I’m certain it made her a more resilient and empathetic person. I also look at my kids and how they’ve had to adjust through this time - again, lots of positive lessons that will serve them well in the future. There’s a saying that adversity builds strength (what doesn’t kill us makes us stronger).
    What is detrimental to a child’s development? Growing up in a first world pampered bubble. As much as we’d all prefer this wasn’t happening, there are some positive life lessons that will come out of this and this may very well end up being the defining event that shapes my kids’ generation.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

I was with a company during the transition from accrued to unlimited vacation and can confirm unlimited vacation only meant no payout on vacation that couldn't be taken. Or on departure from the company. ~60k employees. Squeeze, squeeze, squeeze.

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    I like unlimited vacation...

Then again, I took 6-1/2 weeks off last year.
    I am entitled to 5 weeks of vacation starting this year, plus 12 holidays, of which 6 are usually floaters. And we have a use it or lose it policy. And no pay out unless you get laid off. So we were all a little skittish when come April we were all very highly strongly encouraged to use a week of vacation, with of course nowhere to go. And yes, they did have a huge layoff. Everyone said I was crazy for thinking layoffs was the motive, and then they got laid off. I hated to be right this time.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    And flu isn't spreading exponentially with no end in sight at the end of 5 months.
    so you're saying it's NOT the flu? Huh.

Fear and Loathing, a Rat Flu Odyssey

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    I am entitled to 5 weeks of vacation starting this year, plus 12 holidays, of which 6 are usually floaters. And we have a use it or lose it policy. And no pay out unless you get laid off. So we were all a little skittish when come April we were all very highly strongly encouraged to use a week of vacation, with of course nowhere to go. And yes, they did have a huge layoff. Everyone said I was crazy for thinking layoffs was the motive, and then they got laid off. I hated to be right this time.
    What’s the difference between payout on vacation or payout on lay-off? They could’ve just laid everybody off a week earlier and saved a week of benefit expense.

The thing with the accrual is that it’s cheaper to the bottom line when you use it. I.e. when you are on vacation they’ve already accrued for the money you’re being paid on the balance sheet and you aren’t being paid out of expense; of course, this is offset if they have to replace your productivity with somebody else. If anything, it probably speaks to them delaying a painful decision. But there’s no hidden benefit to having you take a week’s vacation prior to a layoff. At least not that is immediately obvious. Plus you’re in a slightly better withholding position.
    focus.

Giving everyone a week off helps you decide who you miss.

Quote Originally Posted by coach View Post
    I disagree here: not good for a child’s development in any way? I think back to
    the stories my grandmother told me of living through the air raids in England in WW2 as a child- I’m certain it made her a more resilient and empathetic person.

What is detrimental to a child’s development?+

l]
    both my parents came of age in active war zones in WWII, dodging bombs, food shortages, both my grandfathers dead, one taken by the japanese during occupation , one dead uncle none of it was good for anything and it fucked everybody up

but covid is not this ^^
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

So my company man friends aren't alone in having weeks and weeks of vacation and use a week at most for any real vacation? Crazy. You use vacation time to take care of a sick kid or school/sports event mostly right? This is adulthood and it sucks yup? Work hard play hard but not as hard as 10 years ago! Powder day paradise when it is scheduled.

Foggy used to be like that and then he went AWOL grew a beard and dropped out. Lucky fucker.

And we have never taken anything like the measures of the last few months because influenza. Holy shit how bad would this have been without that? When I hear people say “it really hasn’t been that bad we shouldn’t have shut the economy down” it fucking kills me. The fact that it (sort of) worked is not a good argument that we should not have done it. It’s like saying I don’t know why I bothered changing the oil in my car when I have never had an engine problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mike View Post
    And we have never taken anything like the measures of the last few months because influenza. Holy shit how bad would this have been without that? When I hear people say “it really hasn’t been that bad we shouldn’t have shut the economy down” it fucking kills me. The fact that it (sort of) worked is not a good argument that we should not have done it. It’s like saying I don’t know why I bothered changing the oil in my car when I have never had an engine problem.
    And it was the private sector that first took action with regard to shutting things down.

Holy fuck, poor Anderson is about to have a stroke trying to verbalize the narrative that was written for him. Literally so triggered he can barely get the words out. Meanwhile Sanjay is in the middle looking uncomfortable as hell, however every time he speaks its logical and coherent. They should make him the new anchor.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0510.JPG 
Views:	138 
Size:	170.2 KB 
ID:	334212

For you cool cats who can read WP articles
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/healt...dc8_story.html
    Basically, Trump tells the CDC to shut the fuck up.

Fauci doing a lot of interviews and the like. I suspect he's doing it without permission from the White House. Maybe he's too respected to be fired; I think not. I wouldn't be shocked if Donald tried to fire the Pope.

When epidemics end.

http://bostonreview.net/science-natu...-epidemics-end

Good to be reminded that HIV/AIDS, Tuberculosis, and Polio still afflict and kill millions. But, now it's just somebody else's problem.

I also volunteered to go back to work. If things get so desperate that they need me we're talking about Black Death level disaster.
    I appreciate you OG !!!
    Bunny Don't Surf

Have you seen a one armed man around here?

Fear and Loathing, a Rat Flu Odyssey

For you cool cats who can read WP articles
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/healt...dc8_story.html
    Basically, Trump tells the CDC to shut the fuck up.

Fauci doing a lot of interviews and the like. I suspect he's doing it without permission from the White House. Maybe he's too respected to be fired; I think not. I wouldn't be shocked if Donald tried to fire the Pope.
    Maybe Fauci, at this point, should resign and start advising the country outside of the reach of the WH. He could, at least, talk even more freely about the failures of the federal government and what not to be doing.

Quote Originally Posted by east or bust View Post
    Holy fuck, poor Anderson is about to have a stroke trying to verbalize the narrative that was written for him. Literally so triggered he can barely get the words out. Meanwhile Sanjay is in the middle looking uncomfortable as hell, however every time he speaks its logical and coherent. They should make him the new anchor.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0510.JPG 
Views:	138 
Size:	170.2 KB 
ID:	334212
    What was the narrative written for him there? Did he go after the head of the CDC?

with regards to sick time. The dilution of it as PTO really sucks. Business blows smoke about work life balance and supporting mental health but design policies that are counterintuitive to that goal. Anyone heard of taking a mental health day? Who the fuck is my employer to decide what is a valid reason for not being able to come to work? I struggle sometimes and had to flex the mental health days often over a short period of time a while back. It put me at odds with my companies punitive points based attendance policy and on the door of forced termination based on that policy. Had to have my doctor write a note then I had to jump through all the hoops for FMLA , while in the depth of the struggle, so that I would have a job left if I made it through. Its bullshit
    Bunny Don't Surf

Have you seen a one armed man around here?