Page 954 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 949 950 951 952 953 954 955 956 957 958 959 ... LastLast
Results 23,826 to 23,850 of 41810
    The numbers are only relevant as a marker

There needs to be an actual solution for controlling the virus

currently, we can count but we cannot control

so, artificial thresholds mean zero atm

Quote Originally Posted by AdironRider View Post
    So what are you arguing, that schools should never open again until there are 0 covid deaths, or is there some number under 66 that would work for you? Why do you not argue the same for the regular flu, which will kill 3 times as many children and how many adults?

My argument is if the number is going to be zero for any child death, you might as well just cancel school as a concept because it will be untenable otherwise. I am also arguing that remote learning does not protect children from dying, it is actually worse for them statistically. That isn't whataboutism, that is a real fucking problem that requires at least acknowledging if you are going to promote remote learning as the solution.
    Jesus, your arguments get worse and worse. I’m particularly impressed that right after telling someone not to put words in your mouth, you go ahead and put words in my mouth. AND you continue to pursue whataboutism. A sign of idiocy.

You didn’t answer my question about kids vectoring COVID to adults, but I’m not surprised.

As always.... if it's your parent, sibling, child etc. dying, one is too many.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    Jesus, your arguments get worse and worse. I’m particularly impressed that right after telling someone not to put words in your mouth, you go ahead and put words in my mouth. AND you continue to pursue whataboutism. A sign of idiocy.

You didn’t answer my question about kids vectoring COVID to adults, but I’m not surprised.
    Asking you a question is not putting words in your mouth, vs. HA "quoting", aka editing, my post to say that anyone over the age of 62 is expendable.

You just don't like the questions I asked or the reality I presented to you.

But to answer your question, how about these studies that show 96% of children contract the virus from adults, and not the other way around. Now, answer my question why you never gave a shit about the flu.

https://www.aappublications.org/news...families052620
    Live Free or Die

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    The roof is failing on my house, but I can't do anything about it because the paint is also failing, and I need a new fence.
    More like the roof is failing in my house but the squatter inside won't move out and is destroying the furniture and drywall as well. Why does the govt continue to promote this behavior? Inslee proclamation 20-19.2

or the reality
    LOL.
    What we have here is an intelligence failure. You may be familiar with staring directly at that when shaving. .
    -Ottime
    One man can only push so many boulders up hills at one time.
    -BMillsSkier

Asking you a question is not putting words in your mouth, vs. HA "quoting", aka editing, my post to say that anyone over the age of 62 is expendable.

Reality? rotflmao. Look, you didn’t answer my question about kids vectoring COVID to adults, so fuck off demanding I answer your questions. Idiot.

You just don't like the questions I asked or the reality I presented of you.

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    The roof is failing on my house, but I can't do anything about it because the paint is also failing, and I need a new fence.
    No, Donny, these men are nihilists, there's nothing to be afraid of.
    bumps are for poor people

Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    Reality? rotflmao. Look, you didn’t answer my question about kids vectoring COVID to adults, so fuck off demanding I answer your questions. Idiot.

96% of kids contract the virus from adults within their own household, not other kids. Next question champ.
    Live Free or Die

Quote Originally Posted by ::: ::: View Post
    The numbers are only relevant as a marker

There needs to be an actual solution for controlling the virus

currently, we can count but we cannot control

so, artificial thresholds mean zero atm

Shut off AC for businesses?

Despite this, total US deaths for children (under age 20) are at 66 for Covid.

That is out of 240,904 overall child cases. That is a .00027% death rate. (snip)
    And how many of those kids that contract Covid will pass it to an adult, and then watch them die. How many of those kids will be able to cope with the belief they personally passed on the virus that killed their beloved teacher or parent? Kids going to school didn't sign up to be the executioners of their teachers and parents. Why are we forcing this upon them?

What happens when a teacher gets sick? Shut the school down for 3 days to disinfect and everyone in direct contact with that teacher gets tested? That would likely happen every week in larger schools. We're expecting them to learn in this environment where they're constantly getting shut down? There wouldn't be any sense of normalcy so why are we even pretending?

Yes, the kids survive the virus, but will they survive the outcomes that come from them getting sick?

Every single argument about sending kids back is rooted in a desire to restart the economy and return to 'normal' at all costs. People are worried their kid will 'fall behind'. Fall behind who? Is there a magical reason the kids can't just take a year off? Is there a reason kids absolutely must graduate after 12 grades? Parents gotta keep working and can't work from home? Pure economic issue, pass the next bill with Covid cash.

I have not heard a single argument for sending kids back to school that justifies scarring children for life that cannot be dealt with by other means.
    I've concluded that DJSapp was never DJSapp, and Not DJSapp is also not DJSapp, so that means he's telling the truth now and he was lying before.

96% of kids contract the virus from adults within their own household, not other kids. Next question champ.
    because they are all at home?

Quote Originally Posted by Deebased View Post
    Shut off AC for businesses?
    mmmmm, stagnant air [/homersimpson]

because they are all at home
    Yup. Even before offices closed and work from home was a thing, schools, sports, dance, and every other kid activity was shut down. Every summer program around here was canceled. Parks, pools, and any other place kids played together has been shut down. We locked the kids down hard and fast as a nation because we all know kids spread germs faster than anything.

My kids have been inside a store twice since mid-march, since stores are trying to limit the number of people per group so we've just sent one parent out to shop. They've directly interacted with exactly 6 other kids since mid-march. Frankly, they have been handling it quite well.

Us adults on the other hand have been interacting at work, stores, etc.
    I've concluded that DJSapp was never DJSapp, and Not DJSapp is also not DJSapp, so that means he's telling the truth now and he was lying before.

Despite this, total US deaths for children (under age 20) are at 66 for Covid.

That is out of 240,904 overall child cases. That is a .00027% death rate.

https://downloads.aap.org/AAP/PDF/AA...20%20FINAL.pdf

Meanwhile, this year, 174 kids will die from the flu. 674 from automobile accidents. 642 under age 14 will be murdered. 500 or so from heart disease. 2500 from cancer. 7000 or so will die from suicide.

10 times as many kids will die because they are obese vs covid. 10 times as likely to die driving to school than being there. 100 times as many will kill themselves. Think about that for a second.
    I love it when people talk about how the death rate is low and they’re in total denial about how bad this pandemic is. We’re getting better at keeping people alive but the toll it’s taking on our hospitals and healthcare professionals is dire. People are worn out and it’s way more expensive to keep these folks alive and in the hospital than if they just died quickly. This disease is way more deadly, infectious and costly to manage than the flu.

Are you a provider? Have you been to an ICU or acute care ward for COVID patients? I have, every work day. If you have no perspective, shut the fuck up, it’s not the flu.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

I wonder if that’s because kids are stuck at home and their adults are out working? If only there was a critical thought process one could use to figure these things out

Google just told all employees to plan on remote working through the summer of 2021....And AR, take a lap.
    What we have here is an intelligence failure. You may be familiar with staring directly at that when shaving. .
    -Ottime
    One man can only push so many boulders up hills at one time.
    -BMillsSkier

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    I wonder if that’s because kids are stuck at home and their adults are out working? If only there was a critical thought process one could use to figure these things out

Assumptive logic at its finest.

Or it could be the older siblings out attending covid parties and spending the $600/weekly like its their drinking stipend before lighting the local downtown on fire.

Assumptive logic at its finest.

Or it could be the older siblings out attending covid parties and spending the $600/weekly like its their drinking stipend before lighting the local downtown on fire.
    that's the same thing

that's the same thing
    He’s lacking in critical thought that I referred to. Proves my point with a witty rebuttal. One of the great minds here.

that's the same thing
    Adults out working vs older children out partying/rioting are 2 very different things...re:intent. . But who likes accuracy when a blanket statement promoting a chosen narrative can be assumed true.

Adults out working vs older children out partying/rioting are 2 very different things...re:intent. . But who likes accuracy when a blanket statement promoting a chosen narrative can be assumed true.
    We’re not talking about intent or negligence, exposure is what matters. Older siblings or adults it’s semantics, same thing.

No, my question was, and I’ll type slowly so you can follow: How many adults will all the infected kids infect and what’s their death rate?

Edit: or what DJSapp and ::: ::: said.

parsing it doesn't change the issue