Page 1533 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 1528 1529 1530 1531 1532 1533 1534 1535 1536 1537 1538 ... LastLast
Results 38,301 to 38,325 of 41810
    dumbass whack-a-mole.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Quote Originally Posted by TheSilverSurfer View Post
    The arrogant thing is that you assume because I disagree with you that I haven't also been studying everything there is to study about this pandemic.
    Is this DBS’s version of “I did my own research”?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by BobMc View Post
    Rather anecdotal, but my family situation seems to suggest the waning of immunity. Daughter went to a New Years Eve party, becomes sick a few days later and tests positive. Four of us in the house, wife and I got hit yesterday. Not terribly sick but not fun either.

I got the OG strain exactly a year ago. We all got the two shot regimen as soon as possible last year. Haven’t been boosted as appts were hard to come by. (I had scheduled a Jan 21st booster) 10 yo son got his second vaxx about a month ago. 10yo has been fine, no symptoms whatsoever.

Could it be that youngsters are less susceptible? Our numbers here in Utah don’t seem to bear that out as plenty of kids have tested positive. He could be positive and asymptomatic as we didn’t figure any us of testing after the daughter’s positive would be beneficial. But, he is the only one of us that feels fine.

Get your booster.

Bob -

I hope your Family comes through this smoothly.

I would offer that rather than your son being less susceptible due to his youth/age, I would offer he is demonstrating the effectiveness of recent vaccination.
    There were a series of posts over in the 'Vaccinate' thread back in October showing waning immunity as early as four months post-vaccination, and definitely at six months post-vaccination.
    While the studies indicated vaccination continued to provide protection against "severe covid (hospitalization) ", the prevalence of positive testing was 53%/47%.

Given omicron's transmissibility and immunity evasiveness, I Absolutely agree with your conclusion - "Get your booster. "

I hope your family comes through this smoothly...

skiJ

Quote Originally Posted by oftpiste View Post
    and just so everything is clear as mud:
    https://www.nytimes.com/2022/01/05/h...detection.html
    Not surprising, since it's been reported that omicron is less likely to cause loss of smell and more likely to cause a sore throat.
    One problem with testing to return to work is that the tests don't distinguish between viable virus and pieces of virus destroyed by the immune system. Some people can test positive for weeks after becoming non-infectious.
    One thing I haven't seen is data on omicron viral load and period of infectiousness between the vaxed and the unvaxed--the kind of data that's available for earlier variants. Anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    During the OG wave there was a trend towards nursing homes, "assisted living care facilities" pushing the decades loyal residents out to make room for higher paying COVID patients. This isn't new, and it's not going to end. Millions of additional folks between hospice and hospital level care with big insurance dollars are being welcomed by those facilities..
    Where would they be getting the insurance dollars? Long term care coverage is not very common and not very robust.

So I’m on day +4……. Still feels like a head cold…..Things One and Two spent the last two days in bed, but woke up this morning and both said they felt fine……Mrs. Seano still is testing negative, but started with symptoms yesterday morning. Vibes to anyone who got this before the vax was available. Hopefully we are on the down hill side, my energy level is shit. Get vaxxed. Get boosted. Wear a goddamn mask.
    What we have here is an intelligence failure. You may be familiar with staring directly at that when shaving. .
    -Ottime
    One man can only push so many boulders up hills at one time.
    -BMillsSkier

Quote Originally Posted by mcski View Post
    Where would they be getting the insurance dollars? Long term care coverage is not very common and not very robust.
    It was super wealthy people paying cash for the rooms and the old folks got kicked out to make room for them. Most of those places operate on month to month basis.. That way when your mom dies you're not stuck paying for 11 more months or getting a huge penalty for early termination (no pun intended). Downside is they can kick mom out too..

EDIT.. It's more that the cheaper places realized they can get more money period..
    According to three Lakeview employees, Mr. Kendrick’s ouster came as the nursing home was telling staff members to try to clear out less-profitable residents to make room for a new class of customers who would generate more revenue: patients with Covid-19.
    https://www.nytimes.com/2020/06/21/b...ronavirus.html
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Quote Originally Posted by skiJ View Post
    Bob -

I hope your Family comes through this smoothly.

I would offer that rather than your son being less susceptible due to his youth/age, I would offer he is demonstrating the effectiveness of recent vaccination.
    There were a series of posts over in the 'Vaccinate' thread back in October showing waning immunity as early as four months post-vaccination, and definitely at six months post-vaccination.
    While the studies indicated vaccination continued to provide protection against "severe covid (hospitalization) ", the prevalence of positive testing was 53%/47%.

Given omicron's transmissibility and immunity evasiveness, I Absolutely agree with your conclusion - "Get your booster. "

I hope your family comes through this smoothly...

skiJ
    Bravo.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Quote Originally Posted by ::: ::: View Post
    No
    Yet again

You apparently don’t know what you don’t know & there’s not much I can do to change your mind.

Stop being offended by being called out when you are wrong.
    Start listening to professionals instead of your common sense.
    You're really an ass.

I have made one specific statement, which you have glommed on to.

Firing unvaccinated workers while forcing covid positive to continue working is fucking stupid.

You have inferred a metric shit ton of bullshit from that statement.

Which is comical considering that many doctors, nurses, and scientists all agree with my position, which, to be clear, is that the new CDC guidance only requiring 5 days of quarantine is misguided.

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    Is this DBS’s version of “I did my own research”?

No. I study research done by others,and I have been since months before the pandemic really hit. I locked down my family about a month before WA locked down.

In other news about family best practices.. My high school senior who's been working retail since the very start has always been really good about wearing her masks.. but I hadn't been able to get her to up her game from surgical to KN95s. Well, her beloved school theater department project just got put on hold due to Omicron. She just grabbed a couple boxes of KN95 masks Amazon delivered. Yes I know some of those (perhaps most) aren't great. I still prefer them to surgical masks. If we weren't all tripe vaxxed we'd be in legit N95s.. ya got a stash of those, legit 3M ones.. If shit gets real beyond vaccine preventing serious illness I'll break those out for sketchy situations like air travel and UBERs

Quote Originally Posted by TheSilverSurfer View Post
    Firing unvaccinated workers while forcing covid positive to continue working is fucking stupid.
    no one was fired, some people chose to quit. the govt has limited means to compel people to do the right thing. mandates got a lot of people vaccinated which kept a lot of them out of hospitals. if they came in hot and forced everyone to get an injection we’d be having a different conversation. how would you like them to compel people to do the right thing? jail, like with drunk driving?
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Fear and Loathing, a Rat Flu Odyssey

Nobody is being forced to work if they’re Covid positive. A guideline is just that, it’s not a law or even a mandate.

Are you an expert in epidemiology? Are you a healthcare professional? Do you work on the frontlines in healthcare? Do you have any kind of connection to health sciences?

If you’re such a cautious and prescient genius, why are you going snowboarding at a lift served area? This is just another example of you being a know it all dumbass. Panama, alternative vax schedule, race relations/wokeness, weed on and on. Stay in your lane

You say you “locked down” your family but you’re in crowded situations and share custody with your ex in different households and your ex got Covid and didn’t tell you. Sounds locked down to me. Extreme eye roll.

You don’t know anything about this. I’m working in a hospital right this moment and have dealt with Covid positive patients today. Stay in your lane

Quote Originally Posted by mcski View Post
    Not necessarily long term. I believe under Medicare, and probably other insurance, people are covered for 100 days of skilled nursing home care, which people would typically qualify for after being discharged from the hospital unless they were in long term care before.

Like the 5 day isolation period it's a question of risks and benefits. With people dying for lack of a hospital bed getting people out of hospitals and into nursing homes may save more lives than it costs. In the US we've almost always had the luxury of doing the best we can for each individual patient (with the means to pay) without having to worry about the effect on other patients. Now we don't. There are no good decisions here, just less bad.

You don’t know anything about this. I’m working in a hospital right this moment and have dealt with Covid positive patients today. Stay in your lane

the hill shitpost is by a douchebag who bitches about “chin diapers”

Nobody is being forced to work if they’re Covid positive. A guideline is just that, it’s not a law or even a mandate.

Are you an expert in epidemiology? Are you a healthcare professional? Do you work on the frontlines in healthcare? Do you have any kind of connection to health sciences?

If you’re such a cautious and prescient genius, why are you going snowboarding at a lift served area? This is just another example of you being a know it all dumbass. Panama, alternative vax schedule, race relations/wokeness, weed on and on. Stay in your lane

You say you “locked down” your family but you’re in crowded situations and share custody with your ex in different households and your ex got Covid and didn’t tell you. Sounds locked down to me. Extreme eye roll.
    I didn't say we are still locked down.

If only health care workers were to comment in this thread, it would be dead.

I don't know anything about this? Okay. LOL.

I would bet that we agree on the vast majority of covid response. I'm not sure why you are so vociferously defending the CDC's new guidance.

The new guidance has been rapidly adopted by businesses and trying to suggest people aren't being forced to work is completely disingenuous.

Nobody being forced to work with covid. Thanks CDC

https://www.jacobinmag.com/2022/01/c...ntine-symptoms

Fear and Loathing, a Rat Flu Odyssey

Making a choice to work or not isn’t being forced. Just like no one is being forced to get vaccinated. There are hard choices we make in life.

Did you even read the article? Do you know the difference between the words “can” and “must”? How about “may” and “shall”? There are hard choices to be made but they’re still choices. The headline uses the word “forced” but no one is being “forced” to go back to work.

Maybe the guidelines are changing because our understanding of how long people that are asymptomatic remain infectious. You linked an article that said as much. Maybe you don’t understand this as well as you think you do.

You two need to get a room..

You two need to get a room..
    I know, right?

In other news about family best practices.. My high school senior who's been working retail since the very start has always been really good about wearing her masks.. but I hadn't been able to get her to up her game from surgical to KN95s. Well, her beloved school theater department project just got put on hold due to Omicron. She just grabbed a couple boxes of KN95 masks Amazon delivered. Yes I know some of those (perhaps most) aren't great. I still prefer them to surgical masks. If we weren't all tripe vaxxed we'd be in legit N95s.. ya got a stash of those, legit 3M ones.. If shit gets real beyond vaccine preventing serious illness I'll break those out for sketchy situations like air travel and UBERs
    If shit gets real why would you consider air travel or taking an Uber?

You guys are getting toxic in here. Thank god ss chimed in to give you someone to attack before skij got banned for his writing style. Here’s an opinion piece from the wsj https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wsj...rt-11641760009
    I kinda think you guys want this pandemic to last forever, I mean what would sum jong do with himself all day if he couldn’t post about masks and covid all day everyday. We are all getting it, cloth masks are theater, mandates are fucking stupid with omnicron. This forum will remember the real cunts when this ends soon. Carry on bitches.

Shorts too tight sonny? We want it to become less pandemic. Then be gone. Like measles. And live long enough to see it. 10 years maybe? Suck it up butter cup.
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.