Page 1474 of 1558 FirstFirst ... 1469 1470 1471 1472 1473 1474 1475 1476 1477 1478 1479 ... LastLast
Results 36,826 to 36,850 of 38933
  1. #36826
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Wenatchee
    Posts
    10,784
    Quote Originally Posted by uglymoney View Post
    100% chance it is already here in Merica. Half baked travel bans will do absolutely nothing as usual and per our past experience.

    Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk
    Half baked is key. Americans are too weak for effective travel restrictions and quarantine


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

  2. #36827
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    8,422
    Quote Originally Posted by mcski View Post
    Can you get sick drinkin piss?
    Who cares, it’s delicious.


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

  3. #36828
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Alta
    Posts
    1,695
    Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    So far reports seems to be that Omicron doesn’t make you very sick. Hopefully that holds true.
    From an evolutionary standpoint it makes sense for Covid to evolve to be less deadly. Just like other Corona viruses that we call the common cold.

  4. #36829
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    9,300ft
    Posts
    19,318
    A couple of outpatient case reports is going to define the presentation and supposed reduced virulence of this variant... and nobody even knows if these non-representative sample patients even had Omicron? FFS

    And regression to mean virulence is not a guarantee for zoonosis, nor a steady path when it occurs!

    This isn't the 1918 H1N1 crummy today, bed ridden tonight, dead tomorrow.

    Evolutionary pressure is for reproductive fitness and transmission, not host morbidity/mortality. The latter only matters as it influences the former.

    COVID severe morbidity and mortality occur late in the course of illness, long after most transmission occurs.

    Could this be less virulent? Yes. Could it be more virulent? Yes. The virus doesn't care. It only "cares" about making more virus. We know jack and shit right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

  5. #36830
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    EWA
    Posts
    20,673
    Quote Originally Posted by funkendrenchman View Post
    Very early, but here’s hoping…

    South African doctor who raised alarm about omicron variant says symptoms are ‘unusual but mild’

    https://www.telegraph.co.uk/global-h...says-symptoms/
    So nothingburger?

    This isn't the second wave Flynn warned was coming from the global elite?
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis


    Kindness is a bridge between all people

    Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

  6. #36831
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    truckee
    Posts
    19,186
    Quote Originally Posted by ticketchecker View Post
    I've got a hat/sticker kit on the way
    Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    A couple of outpatient case reports is going to define the presentation and supposed reduced virulence of this variant... and nobody even knows if these non-representative sample patients even had Omicron? FFS

    And regression to mean virulence is not a guarantee for zoonosis, nor a steady path when it occurs!

    This isn't the 1918 H1N1 crummy today, bed ridden tonight, dead tomorrow.

    Evolutionary pressure is for reproductive fitness and transmission, not host morbidity/mortality. The latter only matters as it influences the former.

    COVID severe morbidity and mortality occur late in the course of illness, long after most transmission occurs.

    Could this be less virulent? Yes. Could it be more virulent? Yes. The virus doesn't care. It only "cares" about making more virus. We know jack and shit right now.
    well said

  7. #36832
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    It's Full of Stars....
    Posts
    4,550
    X2
    What we have here is an intelligence failure. You may be familiar with staring directly at that when shaving. .
    -Ottime
    One man can only push so many boulders up hills at one time.
    -BMillsSkier

  8. #36833
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    7,638
    Omicron confirmed in Canada.

  9. #36834
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Where the sheets have no stains
    Posts
    17,449
    OK so we are coming up on 24 months now.

    Today Fauci was throwing around the number that 35-50% of people sick enough with Covid to continue the spread are asymptomatic.

    Will we ever see a widely available, rapid and accurate test? One reliable enough that a positive test should result in a medical consultation and confirmation either way and a negative test is solid enough to continue life normally.

    6 hour result? Less?

    Is such a thing positive?

    Why am I asking you?
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

  10. #36835
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    10,655
    Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    OK so we are coming up on 24 months now.

    Today Fauci was throwing around the number that 35-50% of people sick enough with Covid to continue the spread are asymptomatic.

    Will we ever see a widely available, rapid and accurate test? One reliable enough that a positive test should result in a medical consultation and confirmation either way and a negative test is solid enough to continue life normally.

    6 hour result? Less?

    Is such a thing positive?

    Why am I asking you?
    They'd have to be free, and readily available. Shouldn't be that tough for 'Merica. Oh wait, yeah, it is healthcare related never mind. It'll be a complete clusterfuck and cost 10x what it should cost.

  11. #36836
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    truckee
    Posts
    19,186
    The administration is urging boosters as the strategy against Omicron. Nobody knows yet whether that will work, or if it is necessary.
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...t-coronavirus/

  12. #36837
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    EWA
    Posts
    20,673
    Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    The administration is urging boosters as the strategy against Omicron. Nobody knows yet whether that will work, or if it is necessary.
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...t-coronavirus/
    Better to get boosted now for Delta and hope it catches Omicron. Last night on the news Pfizer said they felt they could quickly tweak their vax to cover Omicron if necessary.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis


    Kindness is a bridge between all people

    Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

  13. #36838
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    9,300ft
    Posts
    19,318
    Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    The administration is urging boosters as the strategy against Omicron. Nobody knows yet whether that will work, or if it is necessary.
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...t-coronavirus/
    I agree it is odd at first...

    It likely encourages Omicron prevalence over Delta.

    However, speculatively, even worse casethere have to be some epitopes preserved on Epsilon so a high titer will support efficacy theoretically...
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

  14. #36839
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    In the shadow of the wasatch
    Posts
    3,971
    My 17 yo son had been feeling crappy for the last couple days and popped a mild fever today now he tested positive on a Walgreens take home test. We will back it up with a Drs office test tomorrow. Mrs. HTFB’s HR policy is you quarantine if someone in your household has it so she’s out minimum 10 days. Mine is you quarantine only if you have symptoms and if not social distance a wear a mask. Not feeling bad so guess I work. FML


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Bunny Don't Surf

    Have you seen a one armed man around here?

  15. #36840
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Verdi NV
    Posts
    9,570
    Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    OK so we are coming up on 24 months now.

    Today Fauci was throwing around the number that 35-50% of people sick enough with Covid to continue the spread are asymptomatic.

    Will we ever see a widely available, rapid and accurate test? One reliable enough that a positive test should result in a medical consultation and confirmation either way and a negative test is solid enough to continue life normally.

    6 hour result? Less?

    Is such a thing positive?

    Why am I asking you?
    They get results at my VA medical center inside one hour. Don’t know what equipment they use. But your cleared I an hour
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

  16. #36841
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    uTardedland
    Posts
    11,566
    Quote Originally Posted by happytimefunbox View Post
    My 17 yo son had been feeling crappy for the last couple days and popped a mild fever today now he tested positive on a Walgreens take home test. We will back it up with a Drs office test tomorrow. Mrs. HTFB’s HR policy is you quarantine if someone in your household has it so she’s out minimum 10 days. Mine is you quarantine only if you have symptoms and if not social distance a wear a mask. Not feeling bad so guess I work. FML


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    That’s a tough call.
    Anyone tests positive in this house is on quarantine for 10 days regardless of HR policy. Work/school from home or take a bit of time off.
    No way could I consciously go out in public and infect others if I know I’ve been compromised.
    "boobs just make the world better really" - Woodsy

  17. #36842
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    In the shadow of the wasatch
    Posts
    3,971
    We are loading up HCQ and Ivermectin at the moment. I’m debating work I can stay Isolated pretty easily


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Bunny Don't Surf

    Have you seen a one armed man around here?

  18. #36843
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Wenatchee
    Posts
    10,784
    Quote Originally Posted by happytimefunbox View Post
    We are loading up HCQ and Ivermectin at the moment. I’m debating work I can stay Isolated pretty easily


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I hear that ingesting bleach and small LEDs works well with the hcq and worm medicine.


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

  19. #36844
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    9,300ft
    Posts
    19,318
    METAL!

    Name:  EWVs6erUEAMyyih.jpg
Views: 295
Size:  26.2 KB
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	metalocalypse-dont-drink-bleach.png 
Views:	104 
Size:	585.5 KB 
ID:	394450
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

  20. #36845
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    uTardedland
    Posts
    11,566
    Quote Originally Posted by happytimefunbox View Post
    We are loading up HCQ and Ivermectin at the moment. I’m debating work I can stay Isolated pretty easily


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Carry on.

  21. #36846
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    50 miles E of Paradise
    Posts
    12,347
    Quote Originally Posted by happytimefunbox View Post
    We are loading up HCQ and Ivermectin at the moment. I’m debating work I can stay Isolated pretty easily


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    No colloidal silver?

  22. #36847
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Wenatchee
    Posts
    10,784
    Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post
    No colloidal silver?
    I’m pretty sure mercury is better


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

  23. #36848
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    In the shadow of the wasatch
    Posts
    3,971
    I will put the silver and mercury on toast and wash it down with some bleach for breakfast before work. I’ve had a Petzl headlamp on and facing my buttshole for the last hour. Glad it’s a newer led version I had an old one bitd that got warm


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Bunny Don't Surf

    Have you seen a one armed man around here?

  24. #36849
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    32,690
    Quote Originally Posted by happytimefunbox View Post
    My 17 yo son had been feeling crappy for the last couple days and popped a mild fever today now he tested positive on a Walgreens take home test. We will back it up with a Drs office test tomorrow. Mrs. HTFB’s HR policy is you quarantine if someone in your household has it so she’s out minimum 10 days. Mine is you quarantine only if you have symptoms and if not social distance a wear a mask. Not feeling bad so guess I work. FML


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    So tell them you have symptoms.

    Are they going to check up on their stupid policy?

    FFS.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

  25. #36850
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Upstate
    Posts
    7,986
    Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    A couple of outpatient case reports is going to define the presentation and supposed reduced virulence of this variant... and nobody even knows if these non-representative sample patients even had Omicron? FFS

    And regression to mean virulence is not a guarantee for zoonosis, nor a steady path when it occurs!

    This isn't the 1918 H1N1 crummy today, bed ridden tonight, dead tomorrow.

    Evolutionary pressure is for reproductive fitness and transmission, not host morbidity/mortality. The latter only matters as it influences the former.

    COVID severe morbidity and mortality occur late in the course of illness, long after most transmission occurs.

    Could this be less virulent? Yes. Could it be more virulent? Yes. The virus doesn't care. It only "cares" about making more virus. We know jack and shit right now.
    This is an excellent post.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •