Page 290 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 ... LastLast
Results 7,226 to 7,250 of 41810
    The media's only motive is to capture eyeballs. The people downplaying the drug to the media are trying to prevent a run on the drug before results are known, before everyone is so convinced of its value that nobody is willing to be a subject in a trial (too late for that), before everyone in the NBA, MLB, NFL, and NHL and Forbes 400 has bought every last pill and the doctors treating patients and doing trials can't get any. It's really tough to run a controlled trial when the public has heard a lot about a drug and nobody is willing to be a control. Very understandable. Even the doctors start doubting the ethics of a controlled trial when there's been a lot of press about a drug.

Quote Originally Posted by TG View Post
    trump heard the same briefings

then told the country that cases were about to go from 15 to 0

February 26th, 2020. President Trump: “When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that’s a pretty good job we’ve done.”

March 20th, 2020. Confirmed cases in the United States rose to over 16,000.

It’s probably safe to assume TG is not a member of the corporate media and I hope, and don’t believe, people here “would rather see more people die to own #orangeman” even though some asshole here keeps making variations of that allegation.

Stating the obvious, it is not partisan to point this stuff out.

Quote Originally Posted by MultiVerse View Post

partisan

Spats - let this sink in: no one here is clicking on your links

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    I googled "Stanford coronavirus rumor" - many hits -

https://www.lamag.com/article/corona...hoax-stanford/
    Thanks. Appreciate that. I had recirculated it to a few friends

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

Spats believes dump even though Fauci discounted it like 15 seconds later. Brilliant. Lets believe the dumbass that continuslly lies and pretend we didnt hear the expert/smh

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond Joe View Post
    You clearly missed the part where I said we're wearing SURGICAL masks on suspected covid 19 calls. We're not wearing N95s, cause we don't have many and saving for when/if they're needed for more intrusive interventions and not just transports
    We’re using scott masks with APRs or PAPRs on pts requiring invasive stuff/high risk covid symptomatic pts and MSA comfo classics with P100s on every other EMS call. So it wasn’t much of an issue when we ran out of N95s.

Has the usa fully pulled out of the summer olympics yet? If not, it’ll be soon.

Quote Originally Posted by telechuck View Post
    This cannot be emphasized enough. As an EMT we see too many people call 911 when that should just stay home and recover. Every call to 911 exposes responders and burns PPE and if someone does get in the ambulance keeps it out of service for longer due to decontamination.

Be safe and please use your head before calling 911.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I think we are going to get to the point where we modify our 911 triage system and EMD cards and just won’t respond on these calls anymore as this shit progresses.
    We already have a big PR campaign urging symptomatic pts not to call and that they will be lower priority if they do.

Quote Originally Posted by natty dread View Post
    I think we are going to get to the point where we modify our 911 triage system and EMD cards and just won’t respond on these calls anymore as this shit progresses.
    We already have a big PR campaign urging symptomatic pts not to call and that they will be lower priority if they do.
    That is unpossible from a pr perspective, as much as you wish it could happen. Think of the reaction it would have.

Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post

Sure it may have potential, and worth looking at. I see that U of MN is starting a giant human trial.

But how long to a proper determination of safety/efficacy? Sometime after a vaccine is developed?
    This looks like it could lead to a large sample size. Not so sure on the controls. Links says 10k. On TV news said 100k.

https://westfaironline.com/122474/co...-as-hospitals/

You do realize that this hysteria about hydroxychloroquine is based on one small, very flawed study, right?
    It's just as likely that the subjects who recovered would have done so on a regimen of weed and chocolate milk.

Maybe these companies are ramping up production because feds are willing to buy at some absurd price?
    OK so read on the internet that weed and chocolate milk are the cure. I knew it! I think the democrats don't want us to self medicate with weed and chocolate because they hate trump!
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

Quote Originally Posted by BGnight View Post
    It really pisses me off when people do not understand data. Data is plural. It's are, not is. If you print something in English, please understand the language. Please. Yes, I read the entire post. Yes, I understand the English language. How hard is that, especially when you are trying to convince people to adopt your take on things?

Data, English. Do you speak it MF? Datum is a point reference, data is a set. Has this whole world gone to shits? This is not 'nam.

For shits and giggles, I like the coco milk and dabs idea. Unfortunately, I'm stuck in a hops world. Have fun with that, too. Not to. Like, or akin to, also, or be with, learn English. Smart, people. Get you sum of dem smats.

Maybe, because, I just hate shitty reporting, and I use too many commas as a datum point.

at least you’re focused on what’s important!

Quote Originally Posted by shroom View Post
    at least you’re focused on what’s important!
    Please capitalize all beginnings of sentences, sir. At least you ended your sentence. Not sentence.

Engrish is ruff.

I fully admit that it is a personal pet peeve. Every millennial starts without a capital and ends with no closing.

dis shit cant stand man

You wouldn't have put the exclamation point at all unless you wanted to drive home your sentiment.

In over 12k posts in 15 years, I've never pressed send before spell checking and reading my post to myself at least.

Is it so hard to at least try to be fluent? And I'm 1st gen 'Merca.

Maybe I'm just ornery because I had to quote dictionary definitions over text to a chick on tinder who did not understand zip or zilch when responding to how many kids I had. Could be, could be. And she was over 40.

Sanity:
    Not so much sanity as an ignorance of curve fits. Which is kind of the definition of insanity these days.

Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    Not so much sanity as an ignorance of curve fits. Which is kind of the definition of insanity these days.
    That is not PC. It's called thicc or curvy these days. Preferred nomenclature and all that. Fit has nothing to do with it. Just a bunch of fat fucks on any side. Oops.

I blame booner for all of this. Stretch marks in the economy, fat dimples (I forget even what they call that hail damage), the whole lot. And it's hudge. Sorry, thicc.

Dow is down what 45% since January? The one day increase is an example of “The Dead Cat Bounce”.

Or maybe that was a day that Trump didn’t say anything. Seems like every time he opens his mouth the equities markets take a major shit. MAGA!
    I made no implications of the significance but it is what it is. Record day on nothing but hus words.

Sent from my SM-A505FN using Tapatalk

Despite the off topic title, there is a lot of good info here

https://youtu.be/GS3wFvHpEf0

Sent from my SM-A505FN using Tapatalk

I'm sure they have Biden in a plastic bubble, for the safety of humanity; Someones gonna have to pick up after the toddler breaks it.

Sent from my SM-N960U using TGR Forums mobile app
    Last edited by My Pet Powder Goat; 03-22-2020 at 06:04 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hohes View Post
    I couldn't give a fuck, but today I am procrastinating so TGR is my filler.
    Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    faceshots are a powerful currency
    get paid

Our dear leader ...

The media was put into a frenzy when the above authors released their study on COVID-19’s ability to survive in the air. The study did find the virus could survive in the air for a couple of hours; however, this study was designed as academic exercise rather than a real-world test. This study put COVID-19 into a spray bottle to “mist” it into the air. I don’t know anyone who coughs in mist form and it is unclear if the viral load was large enough to infect another individual As one doctor, who wants to remain anonymous, told me, “Corona doesn’t have wings”.

The doctor didnÂ’t want to be named because they donÂ’t know what they are talking about.

https://link.springer.com/article/10...30-020-01634-3

The whole article fails to account for how even relatively few cases in a hospital just grind things down to a standstill. IÂ’m working twice as hard and seeing far fewer pts.

Pound the mound Name:  IMG_5275.JPG
Views: 538
Size:  47.0 KB

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    Maybe I'm just ornery because I had to quote dictionary definitions over text to a chick on tinder who did not understand zip or zilch when responding to how many kids I had. Could be, could be. And she was over 40.
    Feel free to share that number...