Page 1619 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 1614 1615 1616 1617 1618 1619 1620 1621 1622 1623 1624 ... LastLast
Results 40,451 to 40,475 of 41810
    Just tested negative.
    Started feeling just fine today all of a sudden.
    That royally sucked.
    "boobs just make the world better really" - Woodsy

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzworthy View Post
    Just tested negative.
    Started feeling just fine today all of a sudden.
    That royally sucked.
    Glad you are feeling better. I'm hoping (against hope) the Moderna multivariant booster will do more for prevention in addition to reducing the severity of infection so we don't have to keep going through this or suffering under masks.
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

I don't like weighting single studies too much, but this is the #fear thread, and some have recently posted of their avidity for infection. I also don't have the skills to evaluate studies.
    https://www.news-medical.net/news/20...infection.aspx

Conclusions
    Despite reduced neutralization by vaccination and prior infection, three doses of COVID-19 mRNA vaccine provide 50-70% protection against symptomatic disease. This protection is believed to be due to the maintenance of relatively high T-cell responses that are not altered by reduced nAb levels.

The current study demonstrated that prior infection with both Wuhan Hu-1 and Alpha variants in vaccinated individuals actually has a negative effect on their subsequent protective immunity against Omicron infection. These findings support a process known as “hybrid immune damping,” wherein specific imprinted patterns of vaccination and infection reduce protection against future infection.

The researchers also demonstrated that Omicron infection confers poor immunogenicity against itself, thus explaining why frequent Omicron reinfections have been reported in short time intervals. This evidence also negates a potential benefit of future booster vaccine doses that are based on the Omicron sequence.
    10/01/2012 Site was upgraded to 300 baud.

Quote Originally Posted by LongShortLong View Post
    I don't like weighting single studies too much, but this is the #fear thread, and some have recently posted of their avidity for infection. I also don't have the skills to evaluate studies.
    https://www.news-medical.net/news/20...infection.aspx

Conclusions
    Despite reduced neutralization by vaccination and prior infection, three doses of COVID-19 mRNA vaccine provide 50-70% protection against symptomatic disease. This protection is believed to be due to the maintenance of relatively high T-cell responses that are not altered by reduced nAb levels.

The current study demonstrated that prior infection with both Wuhan Hu-1 and Alpha variants in vaccinated individuals actually has a negative effect on their subsequent protective immunity against Omicron infection. These findings support a process known as “hybrid immune damping,” wherein specific imprinted patterns of vaccination and infection reduce protection against future infection.

The researchers also demonstrated that Omicron infection confers poor immunogenicity against itself, thus explaining why frequent Omicron reinfections have been reported in short time intervals. This evidence also negates a potential benefit of future booster vaccine doses that are based on the Omicron sequence.
    Hate to see it

Well... it was a good run. Kid home from Montana has had stuffy nose and a cough for a few days, and was complaining about a plugged ear. Wife decided to take him to an urgent care, and I casually mentioned if he was going to take a COVID test before heading over there.

Test was +

What a PITA.

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    Glad you are feeling better. I'm hoping (against hope) the Moderna multivariant booster will do more for prevention in addition to reducing the severity of infection so we don't have to keep going through this or suffering under masks.
    Any word on when the multi variant boosters are coming out?

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    Well... it was a good run. Kid home from Montana has had stuffy nose and a cough for a few days, and was complaining about a plugged ear. Wife decided to take him to an urgent care, and I casually mentioned if he was going to take a COVID test before heading over there.

Test was +

What a PITA.
    Damn dood, sorry you gotta go through this now.

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    This just says "the fall". I've seen something somewhere that said September/October but can't find anything that says that now..

https://www.nbcnews.com/health/healt...cron-rcna32460

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Rasmussen was also interviewed by the Newshour last night about this. I’m glad the post got info from the other author, too. Rasmussen generally seems like a POS or posts on Twitter a lot when she’s on a bender.

Quote Originally Posted by LongShortLong View Post
    I scanned the original article in Science--it looks like the population they were studying were HCW's with mild and asymptomatic infection, which might explain the lack of immunogenicty produced by Omicron infection, especially if infection was limited to the nasopharynx with little if any systemic replicaton. I didn't read the article carefully, nor am I capable of understanding most of it.

Is the virus detected in these rebound cases capable of replicating or is it the remnants of successfully neutralized virus?

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Is the virus detected in these rebound cases capable of replicating or is it the remnants of successfully neutralized virus?
    Biden's back in isolation if that's any indicator.

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    Biden's back in isolation if that's any indicator.
    It's not.

'rebound cases' have clinical disease ?

How would remnants of neutralized virus cause clinical disease ?

it seems to me if one has recurrent clinical disease there would be replicating virus -

I thought I had read with 5 and 4, infection provided little immunity ;
    to me that means virus can cycle as long as other factors allow the disease to cycle
    ( stress, susceptible being and lack of immunity, etc )

Good luck ! skiJ

Fear and Loathing, a Rat Flu Odyssey

I’ve always seen positive antigen tests correlated with culturable virus. Never seen it specifically shown with paxvolid rebound.

Fwiw, my father just finished his paxvolid course and tested negative. He’s released from isolated but is supposed to wear a high quality mask in the house and continue to have that mask barrier or be outside when with my mom or out in public for the next 5 days. If he has no new symptoms or worsening of symptoms, he’s to test on day 5 of this mask wearing protocol, per his doctors recommendation. Negative test at that point and he’s recommended to move on with life. I haven’t heard that protocol before, but seems to make sense(?) for those taking paxvolid.

Fauci also had the rebound in the wake of Paxlovid. Still preferable for high risk folks.. Longer recovery due to potential rebound vs higher likelihood of severe illness and possible death? Not a difficult choice knowing rebound is a possibility..

Quote Originally Posted by skiJ View Post

it seems to me if one has recurrent clinical disease there would be replicating virus -

to me that means virus can cycle as long as other factors allow the disease to cycle

Good luck ! skiJ
    As all of us know from experience the symptoms of upper respiratory infections can linger for a month or more--the virus may be dead but the damage to the tissues still has to heal. I

t was reported that Biden was asymptomatic when the rebound occured.

I believe what your read is that in asymptomatic and minimally symptomatic HCW's there was a poor antibody response (and I think T cell response as well), which is not surprising if the infection is limited to the nasopharynx, as I posted a couple of days ago.

The guidelines, which treat a positive test as evidence of communicable infection, are reasonable, given the impracticality of culturing virus on every patient.

Here's a 9 month old article on the subject. It does sound like a positive rapid ag test is more predictive of transmissible virus than PCR, as bodywhomper says.

Quote Originally Posted by skiJ View Post

Good luck ! skiJ
    As all of us know from experience the symptoms of upper respiratory infections can linger for a month or more--the virus may be dead but the damage to the tissues still has to heal. I

t was reported that Biden was asymptomatic when the rebound occured.

I believe what your read is that in asymptomatic and minimally symptomatic HCW's there was a poor antibody response (and I think T cell response as well), which is not surprising if the infection is limited to the nasopharynx, as I posted a couple of days ago.

The guidelines, which treat a positive test as evidence of communicable infection, are reasonable, given the impracticality of culturing virus on every patient.

Here's a 9 month old article on the subject. It does sound like a positive rapid ag test is more predictive of transmissible virus than PCR, as bodywhomper says.

conversationally, a 'rebound' may or may not be a new or another infection ;

What it is is a return of more severe clinical signs as I understand goat is describing -
    Because the disease ( think pathology ) has not sufficiently healed, so
    when one tries to increase activity / resume 'normal' activity , they have a 'rebound' of clinical signs of disease...

That makes sense to me -

I used to work with a doctor who cautioned,
    ' they look like they are getting better. . . right before they die. '

' rebound' may just be a product of trying to do too much before there has been healing.
    disease process post infectious process...

skiJ

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    probably September
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by summit View Post
    probably September
    Sign me up

Quote Originally Posted by riser4 View Post
    Sign me up
    I think you have to do that yourself.

September Virtual Maggot Meetup for MultiVarinant Boosters.. I'm in..

You mean at the Geezer Bar, right?