Page 672 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 ... LastLast
Results 16,776 to 16,800 of 41810

Fear and Loathing, a Rat Flu Odyssey

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Surgical masks all used to be cloth. I don't know what kind of cloth was used. They were before my time (although I did work with cloth gowns and drapes. A lot of surgeons use their own surgical caps although they tend to be disgusting, unlike in the old days when the hospital supplied them and washed them every day.

I was reading (April 6 New Yorker) that the Chinese (always the Chinese) invented vaccination for smallpox a thousand years ago, long before Jenner. They used live small pox virus obtained from the pustules of small pox sufferers. Professional vaccinators knew how to tell which pustules had just the right amount of virus to cause a mild case of the disease--enough to elicit an immune response but not enough to kill the recipient or cause disfigurement.

Assuming that the severity of Covid 19 is dose-dependent, maybe we need to stop washing our groceries but still should avoid close prolonged contact with unmasked people, so that we self vaccinate with low doses of the virus.

WARNING: Do not actually try this. It is a wildly speculative, unproven hypothesis and the product of a fading mind.

Dr. Mukherjee discusses the issue of dose dependence in Covid 19 in the article. https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2...side-a-patient
    My depression era dad had smallpox as a kid. Among pretty much everything else communicable as well except polio. He wasn’t a sickly kid per se or he’d probably been deaded then and there. I remember he just mentioned it in passing one day when we were talking about anti vaxxers or something and I just figured he mis-spoke and had meant the chicken pox. When I circled back w him the next day to clarify he said, don’t you think I know the i know the goddamn difference between smallpox and chicken pox? (He could not fathom the anti vaxxers movement). I guess he had genes good enough to survive it even though he grew up in a hillbilly church that believed doctors went gods will and should be shunned (they spoke in tongues at church literally had started their little sect themselves) Not sure how he broke free from that brand of crazy anti science religious nutfarm, but luckily he did. Anyway, I had no idea small pox was still a thing that affected anyone I knew until then.
    Last edited by mcski; 05-05-2020 at 07:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tri-Ungulate View Post
    Actually, no disagreement from me on that, as hutash mentions, it's what a lot of people profess to want even though they don't recognize the costs, and not just financial. I've spent plenty of hours trying to convince people they shouldn't necessarily go all out, but often as not they choose the max option, or at least their families do. It sucks, actually.

I'm all for significant changes in our system. Actually SARS CoV 2 may hasten that, hopefully for the better.
    Went through my will prep and medical directives with an attorney last year and had them make it very clear that my demise would be a quick ending. It was eye opening and required a lot of reflection. Then I called the people that would have to give the directives and told them not to worry when the time came because the decision was already made for them so there was no pressure. It was very liberating.

I wish more people would look at the financial and emotional costs. I don't understand the resources spent to keeping someone feeling shitty for a couple of extra months before they ultimately die. The religious folks should be stoked they're going to heaven and the scientific folks should be saying, oh, this is how science works and I'm good with that and pass on peacefully.

Name:  1D3B949C-5421-4157-B483-9AEEE28EC4D7.jpg
Views: 1572
Size:  221.3 KB

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    Just replace black and white with poor and rich and you'd come to the same conclusion, so not sure race is the real differentiator here.
    Some truth to that, but being black or brown in this country adds a lots. Some are woke, but not nearly enough, and it is tough to over come years of repression.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    This made the rounds yet? Not sure I really agree with his message but at the same time.... LOL!

That guys a dick.

But I like the idea of saying fuck you to everyone that passes by.

That’s just awesome.

No need for corona or a corona protest. Just a fuck you for everyone
    . . .

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    "Artical."
    Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    It’s also got a “Tammy Lynn” in there.

Adding credibility.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by simple View Post
    This just in, muricans is dumb. Yeehaw at 11
    and it just went downhill from there with people admonishing the Union Bulletin for their "sensational" headline and suggesting re-writes that started with "a person with UNDERLYING CONDITIONS." Evidently you don't die of this unless you're already dying.

I'm so confused.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Headline of the week. Maybe era.

Trump tours mask production facility in Arizona while not wearing mask

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    Wrong thread, JONG.
    I'm sorry. Where should it go?
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    That guys a dick.

But I like the idea of saying fuck you to everyone that passes by.

That’s just awesome.

No need for corona or a corona protest. Just a fuck you for everyone
    The guys a hero, that's why you don't get it. You just enjoy being a dick

Also ballsy as fuck. Never know whose screw has been working loose that finally pops. We have a lot here in the old USA

Quote Originally Posted by hutash View Post
    The main reason all that money is spent is because that is what people want.

Gone (or mostly so) are the days of "Today is a good day to die" as seen in "Little Big Man". People want and demand care to the nth degree pretty much regardless of outcome. Of course we can always create death panels to decide who gets what care. Conservatives love that shit.
    This is true even when unintentional it seems. The documentary version of “Being Mortal” by Gupta(might have been a frontline episode on PBS, but also a book)does a great job at how almost everyone overestimated how much quality time was still available to them and forgoing their “good day to die”(on of my favorite lines and movies ever). The doc is worth checking out for perspective especially if caring for elders or loved ones that are gravely ill

Quote Originally Posted by k2skier112 View Post
    The guys a hero, that's why you don't get it. You just enjoy being a dick
    Fuck you

Sideways

Fuck you
    Fuck you
    Fuck.
    . . .

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    This made the rounds yet? Not sure I really agree with his message but at the same time.... LOL!

Fuck that guy and fuck those people. The dude filming is fucking ass and really wished someone would of knocked him the fuck out.

What idiots like that don’t realize is they are actually making things worse.

If you take a dump in a centrifuge the shit piles around the perimeter. Both ends.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by hutash View Post
    The main reason all that money is spent is because that is what people want.

Gone (or mostly so) are the days of "Today is a good day to die" as seen in "Little Big Man". People want and demand care to the nth degree pretty much regardless of outcome. Of course we can always create death panels to decide who gets what care. Conservatives love that shit.
    A lot of that money is spent because the docs don't have the balls to tell patients the truth. It's easier to put someone on chemo than to deal with the emotions of telling them it won't do any good and that they would be better off enjoying the time they have. And people have been brainwashed to believe they have to fight cancer to the bitter end. If the docs would just give them honest numbers a lot of people would say no.

I can't tell you how many times someone was sent to me to remove a lung lobe or whole lung for cancer and the patient had never been told they have cancer, just some vague "growth". Docs will say the patient isn't ready to hear the truth when in fact it's the doc that isn't ready.

A lot of this applies to Covid 19.

This American Life or Radiolab has a great episode on a family trying to navigate and interpret change of mind around end of life orders. The wife and mother of the family talked openly and adamantly about dying without life support but seemed to change her mind after a multitude of early health complications including stroke. No one could tell for sure because she was mentally compromised at that point. End of life shit is an ugly mess and no one knows exactly what they will do or how they will respond until it happens.

Those people may look like tools but they are 100% right to protest. You have rights as an American. It’s amazing how they have trained you all to think that your rights are revocable.

Get in line sheeple.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    Hello darkness my old friend

Quote Originally Posted by AustinFromSA View Post
    Or rather "Until the percentage of the dietary/smoking/drinking habits within black culture comes near the percentage of those same habits within boring vanilla white folks, I don't see a shift in results."
    is it any different among the same economic lines?
    do you have any stats to back up your bs?
    when white people live in similar crowded communities will they also dump environmentally dubious projects on top of them causing asthma and other respiratory issues?

this thread is a cesspool for casual racism.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Quote Originally Posted by Dhelihiker View Post

Get in line sheeple.

hilarious. the only line in that video is the line of mouth breathing sheep "protesting"
    brainwashed by fox and alex jones and their retarded orange leader
    they got in line just as commanded

you're so far up your own ass that the cognitive dissonance can't reach you through all the shit

fuck off and inject some bleach

If/when we hit 100k dead, will the GOP narrative finally shift from “it’s just the flu” to “hmm, maybe we should warn our people”?

Steep, is that you?
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    If/when we hit 100k dead, will the GOP narrative finally shift from “it’s just the flu” to “hmm, maybe we should warn our people”?
    Nahh.
    We’re cool.
    Just supersize my fry.

But 100k is 0.03 percent?
    Grandmas gone. Sorry. But most useless eaters are still eating.
    . . .

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    I'm thinking 300 thousand, if before November.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhelihiker View Post
    Those people may look like tools but they are 100% right to protest. You have rights as an American. It’s amazing how they have trained you all to think that your rights are revocable.

Get in line sheeple.

You are right. If you don't think about it too hard.
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.