Page 421 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 ... LastLast
Results 10,501 to 10,525 of 41810
    Quote Originally Posted by GeezerSteve View Post
    True today, although historically disease has often killed more combat soldiers than battle, e.g., American Civil War.
    WW1

I wonder how quickly the hospitals will bounce back once restrictions are lifted. For the most part, those elective surgeries and doctor visits are still going to need to happen. I could see the hospitals being extra busy this summer and next fall.

Court systems are the same way. Right now, many of the cases I have on the dockets are getting pushed into June. And no clue whether they will get heard then. Emergency matters are getting heard, mostly domestic and criminal matters. The right to a speedy trial for criminal matters apparently is still in effect. When this breaks, the court systems will be slammed.
    In order to properly convert this thread to a polyasshat thread to more fully enrage the liberal left frequenting here...... (insert latest democratic blunder of your choice).

With 10-20% unemployment “need” takes on a different character.

Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    I wonder how quickly the hospitals will bounce back once restrictions are lifted. For the most part, those elective surgeries and doctor visits are still going to need to happen. I could see the hospitals being extra busy this summer and next fall.
    As long as they have the capital to survive, I would agree.

It feels like we are in this weird lull right now. Things are just moving along, nothing has changed much for two weeks (my family has been on lock down for a couple weeks now) other then cases increases....

I hope people stay the course and don't start getting to stir crazy. I still can't get over China reporting so few new cases....next shoe has to drop soon.
    "We had nice 3 days in your autonomous mountain realm last weekend." - Tom from Austria (the Rax ski guy)

Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    I'd expect a massive healthcare unionization.
    Many workers rights laws to come in the near future as well.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    I was talking to my friend who's a GP in Michigan and they've been doing 100% telehealth for a couple weeks now. Sounds like business is still good, but obviously there are some things that just can't be done with the patient and doctor physically separated.
    Name:  Telepsychic.jpg
Views: 586
Size:  38.2 KB
    Screw the net, Surf the backcountry!

The toilet paper shortage explained fairly well.

https://marker.medium.com/what-every...e-c812e1358fe0
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Quote Originally Posted by buttahflake View Post
    Nothing worse than a hack who thinks his shit is funny.

Do you like fish sticks?
    Are you a gay fish?
    . . .

Perhaps one of the good things that can come from this is a comprehensive overhaul of our health care system . It has been broken for so long in th USA
    License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations

Chinese Rat Flu

Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    Conehead just likes to spout those gop talking points like a good cultist. If you cant stay in line on the regular you cant fire the redmeat racist talking points when theyre available

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app
    How is any of this political? It’s the military. They have regulations, a chain of command.

Its you, and the rest of deranged zombies who tie everything you can to Trump.

Please tell me how Trump is responsible for corona on that ship? Or how a captain trusted with the prized possession of any military, In any era, should not put in shackles for this?

What did they say, more men in space than captained an aircraft carrier?

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post

Hey, somebody should post this.

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    Are you a gay fish?
    Mrs Paul's fish sticks.

I've been saying this for weeks. Same could be said for food. Eating at home and shitting at home have shifted demand. I have to imagine the sysco's and compass groups have warehouses of unused commercial TP and meats.
    They need to sell their damn single ply giant rolls because offices aren't going to be using them anytime soon.
    Local brewery is practically giving away kegs. All their production is geared towards local bars and restaurants so despite demand for bottles and cans, they have tons of unused kegs filled and ready to spoil.

Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    Many workers rights laws to come in the near future as well.

But, of course, no universal health care. How could we ever pay for that?

Oh great ....
    "Health officials estimate that around 0.2% of the population in the area is infected with COVID-19, which, according to Weis, is roughly seven to 10 times higher than the rest of California."

and

"Weis also said the hospital has seen several individuals admitted due to avoidable circumstances, namely excessive drinking. In some cases, individuals are choosing to drink in an excessive or unhealthy way and becoming extremely ill while they are sheltering in place, and then they are coming to the hospital gravely ill, even requiring as much as intensive care,"

https://www.sierrasun.com/news/coron...al-distancing/

I read the other day that it's a just in time supply chain issue. The supermarkets are having their issues shifting distribution from pre Covid to post, and hard to ship and low margin paper products are taking low priority over, well, food. For now.

Quote Originally Posted by Cono Este View Post
    Or how a captain trusted with the prized possession of any military, In any era, should not put in shackles for this?
    Put in shackles for this? I'd say that's probably putting too fine a point on it. I'm sure he expected to be cashiered for this.

Working from home for the last 12 years. I still get to shit on company time. With better TP. Or so I thought. Now all you all are shitting at home and it's going to make restocking harder.

Quote Originally Posted by TNKen View Post
    The hospital where my wife works as an RN/Case Manager is a 250 bed facility, plus the ER. ER is normally full and people in the halls waiting on bed space on the floors. They are bouncing between 95-120 patients. All elective surgeries and procedures have been cancelled. Hospital is being consolidated from 5 floors into one. Staff is being asked to take leave and some are being placed on furlow. So far, no COVID positive patients.

Rumor is $1,000,000 per day of loss.
    Damn. Everyone getting hit financially

Sent from my SM-N960U using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by ncskier View Post
    I have to imagine the sysco's and compass groups have warehouses of unused commercial TP and meats.
    They need to sell their damn single ply giant rolls because offices aren't going to be using them anytime soon.
    Not sure why they wouldn’t be appearing on Amazon, e-bay, Staples website, etc soon...
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Chinese Rat Flu

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    Put in shackles for this? I'd say that's probably putting too fine a point on it. I'm sure he expected to be cashiered for this.
    So, on further re search. This ship pulled into port in Vietnam in March 5th, and the men went ashore. Whoever let that happen should be fired too.

I also read he went around his admiral, the admiral on the same ship as him! And that he might have violated secrecy, by giving away the ships position while sending the message.

But don’t let that stop anyone from cashing in on the world wide pandemic.

My grandkids are cute when they say stupid things. You, not so much.
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    Mrs Paul's fish sticks.
    Do you like fish sticks in your mouth?
    crab in my shoe mouth

Quote Originally Posted by truckeelocal View Post
    "Weis also said the hospital has seen several individuals admitted due to avoidable circumstances, namely excessive drinking. In some cases, individuals are choosing to drink in an excessive or unhealthy way and becoming extremely ill while they are sheltering in place, and then they are coming to the hospital gravely ill, even requiring as much as intensive care,"
    Damn, drinking enough to put yourself in the ICU is pretty impressive.