Page 1122 of 1242 FirstFirst ... 1117 1118 1119 1120 1121 1122 1123 1124 1125 1126 1127 ... LastLast
Results 28,026 to 28,050 of 31034
    Speculation that if the US had not reopened early and instead followed the guidelines for infection containment before doing so, that we would be at roughly 80K fewer deaths based on the AUC.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-10-09 at 12.13.02 PM.png 
Views:	122 
Size:	400.9 KB 
ID:	342910

MSNBC’s Hallie Jackson Asks WH Spox SIX TIMES When Trump’s Last Negative Test Was, He Refuses to Answer

Jackson noted that regardless of the updates, nobody has answered when the president’s last negative coronavirus test was — pressing Morgenstern when he claimed the administration has been transparent.

Morgenstern claimed that they are hiding the information for the benefit of the public, adding that the president has been socially distancing following his positive test.

“That’s not true! We’ve seen video of the president over the weekend!” Jackson exclaimed. “We have eyeballs.”

Jackson then tried asking Morgenstern about Trump’s last Covid test:

“Did the president at least comply with the Cleveland Clinic debate requirements to be negative tested in the 72 hours prior to that debate?” she asked.

Morgenstern then accused the host of being interested in going backward.

“I’m very focused on getting an answer to this question, Brian. I think a lot of people are,” Jackson shot back.

Morgenstern dodged the question yet again.

“For the last debate, the 72 -hour requirement to test negative. Did the president comply with that? Yes or no?” Jackson asked again, without any luck.

“Do you not have an answer? I just want to be clear. I know, again, yes or no, do you have an answer and if you don’t just say you don’t have an answer,” Jackson asked for the sixth and last time.

“Let’s talk about how we want to help people get through this virus with more stimulus that the speaker seems to ignore,” Morgenstern said, trying desperately to change the subject. “She’s talking about the 25th Amendment because she couldn’t get the president with impeachment.”

“That is not the topic of this conversation, Brian, as you know,” Jackson said. “Again, critical piece of information. One of your colleagues just yesterday told me it was a fair question and you would try to give us the information on that. I was hoping you’d have that for us today. Certainly hope you’ll come back with that.”

DeSantis is lifting all restrictions in Florida. Even stadia can operate at full capacity if they choose. This should go well...

Name:  trumpcovid.jpg
Views: 1012
Size:  77.0 KB
    http://www.firsttracksonline.com

I wish i could be like SkiFishBum

At this point, I think It's obvious he hasn't tested negative. And we should assume he hasn't, until they tell us he has. And even then, we will be skeptical, because it's Trump.

DJSapp is online now (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
    Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    as I said up thread he looks cyanotic. Look at his hands - the fingers look blue.
    Well, it's very hard to get the white balance correct when he has more orange spray tan than usual going to hide his pale face. Anyone out there want to try to color correct that?

Dude looks wrecked and I'd guess his normal makeup artist walked off the job.
    Fat fuck bubbas are not erosion.

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Allerbush View Post
    Oh, I didn't notice the hands....man, WTF.
    Me neither.

That was a sweet Regeneron ad. Definitely more important than getting a vaccine out there. "Good luck" everyone! You're gonna need it.

Is it just my perception, or are reporters starting to take less shit from these Republican assholes lately (say the last month or so)?

Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    Name:  trumpcovid.jpg
Views: 1012
Size:  77.0 KB
    Damn that's funny!

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    DeSantis is lifting all restrictions in Florida. Even stadia can operate at full capacity if they choose. This should go well...
    Stadiums? So college and pro stadiums can be full?! Holleee fuck.

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Herd immunity plus Trump has promised he's going to pay for everyone to have antibodies+remdesivir+dex. Can't wait for the first anti-masker, screw social distancing Trump supporter to find out, as they lie gasping for air on a stretcher, that no... they can't have the Trump happy hour cocktail.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

My wife just told me there are currently about 50,000 doses of Regeneron available. That's enough to cover one day of new cases in the U.S....

I think everybody reacts different/ strains are different so besides the fact Trump isnt really out of the woods yet maybe the strain he got wasn't the same as what the next person will get and obviously Trump didnt react like the 200,000+ dead Americans
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Who had hairy venomous caterpillar on their 2020 bingo card?

There have been multiple sightings of a hairy, venomous caterpillar in Virginia

It is considered to be one of the most venomous caterpillars in the US, and there have been multiple reports of the puss caterpillar appearing in "parks or near structures" in eastern Virginia.

The Virginia Department of Forestry is warning residents to stay away from the caterpillar because it has venomous spines across its thick, furry coat.

"There are little hollow hairs in that fluffy, hairy material," Theresa Dellinger, a diagnostician at the Insect Identification Lab at Virginia Tech, told CNN. "It's not going to reach out and bite you, but if someone brushes up against that hair, it'll release toxins that you'll have a reaction to."

That reaction can include an itchy rash, vomiting, swollen glands and fever, according to the University of Michigan.
    It'll also put you in a world of pain.

A Richmond, Virginia, resident described the feeling like a scorching-hot knife. A Florida mother said her teenage son began screaming when "stung" by one.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    I think everybody reacts different/ strains are different so besides the fact Trump isnt really out of the woods yet maybe the strain he got wasn't the same as what the next person will get and obviously Trump didnt react like the 200,000+ dead Americans
    Trump is a virus. He's going to be just fine, nothing touches him but his actions will touch everyone else and not in a good way.

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    Yea and he also may have received a low viral load too.

My wife just told me there are currently about 50,000 doses of Regeneron available. That's enough to cover one day of new cases in the U.S....
    Trying to find remdesivir at the moment for the FIL and it's nearly fucking impossible to locate (particularly with them being out of country). Not even bothering with a regeneron search. The sister is getting hospitalized as well now, so things are worsening. The hope is this is the worst of it and the situation starts reversing.

Quote Originally Posted by funkendrenchman View Post
    At this point, I think It's obvious he hasn't tested negative. And we should assume he hasn't, until they tell us he has. And even then, we will be skeptical, because it's Trump.
    Someone who was exposed to him in the time before he announced he was positive should sue for the information and get an emergency injunction to give up the information. And if anyone contacted the virus from him when he should have been isolating they should sue as well. While HIPPA protects details of Trump's case, information about possible contacts when someone was contagious is not protected for communicable diseases.

Quote Originally Posted by DJSapp View Post
    Well, it's very hard to get the white balance correct when he has more orange spray tan than usual going to hide his pale face. Anyone out there want to try to color correct that?

Dude looks wrecked and I'd guess his normal makeup artist walked off the job.
    I don't think that's spray on--his cheeks look solid, like there's a half inch rigid coating. I think his makeup was done by a mortician.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Someone who was exposed to him in the time before he announced he was positive should sue for the information and get an emergency injunction to give up the information.
    Ummm...based on previous lawsuits against him, I don't think you'll get much info even if the court rules in your favor.

Quote Originally Posted by tetzen View Post
    Trying to find remdesivir at the moment for the FIL and it's nearly fucking impossible to locate (particularly with them being out of country). Not even bothering with a regeneron search. The sister is getting hospitalized as well now, so things are worsening. The hope is this is the worst of it and the situation starts reversing.
    I'm so sorry. Hoping for the best for your family.

Quote Originally Posted by total_immortal View Post
    Ummm...based on previous lawsuits against him, I don't think you'll get much info even if the court rules in your favor.
    A court could order his doctor to release the information. I don't think a career military doctor would defy a court order. And given the time sensitive nature of the problem I don't think the courts would dick around with the issue for weeks or months or years.

Ooh. Time for a bioprocess engineering nerd out (specialty of my Master’s degree)…

I've been in a few FB discussions with people knowledgeable including a former Prof who basically invented the modern way to produce monoclonal antibodies at scale, and this is going to be a tough one. Classically, monoclonals are produced in very limited quantities for things like cancer treatment. Sure lots of people get cancer every year, but even that is obviously not nearly at the scale of an infectious disease like covid. There are only a few manufacturing lines in the world that can pump these things out at a large scale and those are usually going full tilt producing the existing monoclonal products. This is not like a car line where you just add a shift to make more stuff.

Once you have an antibody (or in this case two), you have to first get to lab-scale for initial development of how you actually produce the stuff. So what you are trying to do is identify what particular cell line will be used to produce the antibody. Usually this is a line of Chinese Hamster Ovary (CHO) cells. Some therapeutic proteins can be produced in bacterial or even yeast cells but antibodies generally require a level of folding (Glycosylation) that those cells can’t handle so you have to use the more finicky mammalian cells.

So let’s say you have figured out the cell lines you are going to use to produce the thing (completed previous step), now you have to scale-up to a pilot plant scale to supply clinical trials. This is getting the production up to around 500L batch size. The important thing here is product titer. Meaning how many grams of antibody you can produce per liter of cell culture. Good manufacturing lines can do about 3g/L. So think about that…Trump got a one time dose of 8g of the cocktail. That means there had to be 8g/3g/L = 2.66 L of cell culture to produce his single dose. Or a 500L pilot will produce 500 * 3 / 8 = 187 doses per batch. OK for a small trial but not much more.

Each batch run takes a couple of weeks as fed-batch cell culture works by continuously feeding the cells to fatten them up while they produce a lot of protein. But that’s only the first step. Then you have to:
    - Break them apart to release your target protein.
    - Run them through one or more initial filtration stages to get out all the big chunks.
    - Run them through a chromatography column to actually pull out the protein. Chromatography medium is super expensive. Like I observed a 1 meter diameter production column being packed with new gel once and that was over a million dollars in gel.
    - Then there are more filtration and ultrafiltration steps to get out as many other fine bits as you can.
    - Then you lyophilize (freeze dry) it in bulk.
    - Then you usually ship it to a fill-finish site (usually somewhere else than the culture plant) to get it put into purified saline (or whatever delivery medium) and packaged in dose sized units.

All this takes probably at least a couple of weeks or more. Usually on a full production line, you have several bioreactors going so you can have multiple batches going at different growth stages. A plant might have four 12,000 L reactors so in this case each 12k batch would produce 12000 L * 3 / 8 = 4500 8g doses per batch. Not bad but this is still not something that produces a widely available drug. It’s definitely not like producing Tylenol. Oh yea, did I mention that CHO cells are susceptible to viruses (especially mouse viruses), so if you step on mouse crap on your way into work you can kill off a whole batch and bring down a plant for cleaning? That’s why these plants are big buildings that are entirely BSL2 environments where you have to go full bunnysuit to step into one.

For a set of pics of what these things look like (including the one I interned at in Oceanside, CA) look at https://www.gene.com/stories/the-bea...-manufacturing

Note that Regeneron doesn’t have shit for manufacturing capacity so they signed a deal with Roche (which owns Genentech) to scale up this cocktail. So the pics in that link are probably the exact equipment that will be producing this at scale.
    "Great barbecue makes you want to slap your granny up the side of her head." - Southern Saying

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    A court could order his doctor to release the information. I don't think a career military doctor would defy a court order. And given the time sensitive nature of the problem I don't think the courts would dick around with the issue for weeks or months or years.
    I was just noting that this administration has not complied with a single court order or subpoena and I don't think this would be the one to break that trend. They'll just appeal it until either it reaches the supreme court or public interest disappears.

Thanks for that explanation Lego!
    Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    All ye punterz! Leave thine stupid heavy skis in the past, or at least in the resort category, for the age of lightweight pussy sticks is upon us! Behold! Keep up with the randocommandos on their carbon blades of shortness! Break thine tibias into spiral splinters with pintech extravagance!

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    I'M GOING TO DISNEY WORLD!!!!
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch