Page 1077 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 1072 1073 1074 1075 1076 1077 1078 1079 1080 1081 1082 ... LastLast
Results 26,901 to 26,925 of 41810
    Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    Everyone with asthma is going to die anyway. Living with asthma is not sustainable.
    Oh, ok. You do know that not all asthma cases are the same right?

Quote Originally Posted by MontuckyFried View Post
    And what about other bugs like MRSA? Seems that one was pretty serious, massively spread, gnarly fatality rates, and the future is looking REALLY scary in regard to drug-resistant variants. https://www.cdc.gov/mrsa/healthcare/index.html https://www.wired.com/2014/12/oneill-rpt-amr/

I understand what you guys are getting at, but it's not a sustainable premise IMO. It's been the better part of the year of this nonsense and at SOME point, we need to start having a serious conversation about letting the gears of the machine start spinning again more freely WHILE also trying to protect the most vulnerable. We can't keep on acting like everyone's at the same level of risk. That attitude is absurd and just plain false. If it's the "asymptomatic super spreaders" that you're worried about then just say that without having to get into scare tactics about ALL of us being so vulnerable like some here have attempted to do.

Back in March, everyone was saying "Just gotta flatten the curve. Flatten that curve. Just gonna be a few weeks, guys. We're all in this together. Flatten the curve." Well we did just that, quite effectively, yet so many are basically advocating for infinite lockdowns. Many of whom of course get to work from home, are retired, or are in much better financial shape than those of us who got totally screwed over by this thing.

Seems there has to be some solid common ground we can all agree on. So let's start from that, build on it, and go from there. Maybe how about we simply start with being nicer to each other. Getting through this together won't do us any good if we're completely divided when we get to the other side.
    You’re not even listening dumbfuck. You’re arguing a point that no one here is making.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    You’re not even listening dumbfuck. You’re arguing a point that no one here is making.
    Yeah, he hasn't been listening for a while now and arguing against a point no one is making gives him a warm, fuzzy feeling inside.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    New cases now up 13% over 14 days. Remember how the experts said we can expect a series of peaks and valleys with this pandemic? Seems like they were correct about that, but I think most people assumed those peaks would get lower and instead it seems like they're getting higher. Ski season could be interesting for lack of a better word.
    Maybe we’ll just continue having peaks and valleys all winter, vs one huge mountain?

And what about ....
    I understand what you guys are getting at, but it's not a sustainable premise IMO. It's been the better part of the year of this nonsense and at SOME point, we need to start having a serious conversation about letting the gears of the machine start spinning again more freely WHILE also trying to protect the most vulnerable. We can't keep on acting like everyone's at the same level of risk.
    See, you say you get it but you can't even finish a paragraph before showing you don't. I'm gonna type this slowly:

Everyone has the same risk of contracting COVID-19. Everyone.

No, really. Everyone.

Everyone who contracts COVID-19 becomes a virus factory, working for the enemy, putting others at risk. The degree of that will vary but since we have zero way of predicting for who or by how much the risk is the same for everyone. Everyone.

After that sinks in you can move on to how many teeth the machine's gears are missing if 10-50% of people reduce their economic activity because they either aren't or don't feel safe. A decade ago the Fed published a study on economic impacts of Spanish Flu with and without social distancing and showed that SD resulted in better local economic outcomes both short term and long term. This was widely discussed in March. People getting sick has an economic impact. If it didn't, the economy wouldn't have any human relevance.

And what about other bugs like MRSA? Seems that one was pretty serious, massively spread, gnarly fatality rates, and the future is looking REALLY scary in regard to drug-resistant variants. https://www.cdc.gov/mrsa/healthcare/index.html https://www.wired.com/2014/12/oneill-rpt-amr/

I understand what you guys are getting at, but it's not a sustainable premise IMO. It's been the better part of the year of this nonsense and at SOME point, we need to start having a serious conversation about letting the gears of the machine start spinning again more freely WHILE also trying to protect the most vulnerable. We can't keep on acting like everyone's at the same level of risk. That attitude is absurd and just plain false. If it's the "asymptomatic super spreaders" that you're worried about then just say that without having to get into scare tactics about ALL of us being so vulnerable like some here have attempted to do.

Back in March, everyone was saying "Just gotta flatten the curve. Flatten that curve. Just gonna be a few weeks, guys. We're all in this together. Flatten the curve." Well we did just that, quite effectively, yet so many are basically advocating for infinite lockdowns. Many of whom of course get to work from home, are retired, or are in much better financial shape than those of us who got totally screwed over by this thing.

Seems there has to be some solid common ground we can all agree on. So let's start from that, build on it, and go from there. Maybe how about we simply start with being nicer to each other. Getting through this together won't do us any good if we're completely divided when we get to the other side.
    Just stop digging your stupid ass into an even deeper hole.

Had idiots like you not been so stubborn much of what you just posted wouldn't be nearly as much of an issue. We did flatten the curve, no thanks to you and your freedom fighters, which prevent overburdened hospitals and likely saved thousands of lives. We would be much further along and a more.open economy if it weren't for your type.

I have no idea what point you are trying to make with MRSA, but I highly suspect you are wrong (judging by your track record.) We are doing tons of shit to try and deal with MRSA, and fortunately freedom fighters like you aren't aware enough of those efforts to stymie them.

There is a reason countries like Brasil and the US are having such bad COVID numbers and you are it.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Maybe we’ll just continue having peaks and valleys all winter, vs one huge mountain?
    I guess it's possible, but considering this recent valley was much higher than the first valley I'm not real confident. I predict we'll be up to 60k new cases per day by Election Day.

Like Flounder I see many in my circle doing the same. Laying low, still able to earn, just saving and working with their kids. Finding a new way of life.

Speaking with a few of them since RGB passing. We’re now thinking long-ball. If the orange virus continues past the election. If they go on and declare covid a pre-existing condition and repeal ACA in January as scheduled- you will not see my family out spending or participating in society as normal for years. Or until these selfish repub bastards get overruled.

Yes. Raises hand. Based on a science believing staff at our club we put our kids in club soccer this year and I made it to a soccer match this past weekend. Really it is the first time I put my self in a situation where a lot of other people were around...and what I saw was super disheartening. People not giving a shit, or acting like this isn't happening. Maneuvering around these sons of a bitches was hard work and super stressful. I'd rather just stay home...but the soccer has made my daughter sane...and I have to go watch her. So we keep spinning around the circle of death instead of trying to go to the soccer match outside in the wind and do so with almost 100% safety you have 50% of the people that don't...give...a...darned...about anything.

Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    Everyone has the same risk of contracting COVID-19. Everyone.
    This is a good point. I remember someone at work a few years ago telling me he didn't get the flu shot because he's never had the flu before--like he had some kind of immunity. Obviously you can reduce your risk by things like wearing a mask and avoiding situations where you'd be in close proximity to lots of people, but don't put any faith in the fact that you have some kind of natural immunity just because you are young and in good health.

Quote Originally Posted by uglymoney View Post
    Yes. Raises hand. Based on a science believing staff at our club we put our kids in club soccer this year and I made it to a soccer match this past weekend. Really it is the first time I put my self in a situation where a lot of other people were around...and what I saw was super disheartening. People not giving a shit, or acting like this isn't happening. Maneuvering around these sons of a bitches was hard work and super stressful. I'd rather just stay home...but the soccer has made my daughter sane...and I have to go watch her. So we keep spinning around the circle of death instead of trying to go to the soccer match outside in the wind and do so with almost 100% safety you have 50% of the people that don't...give...a...darned...about anything.
    Jesus. People just suck.

Watching the hearing. Rand Paul keeps asking for another beatdown.
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

Live view Senate Hearing - Dr. Fauci and Rand Paul

Last edited by I Skied Bandini Mountain; 09-23-2020 at 10:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CascadeLuke View Post
    If they go on and declare covid a pre-existing condition and repeal ACA in January as scheduled- you will not see my family out spending or participating in society as normal for years.
    Exactly.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

I have alot to say but not going to say it

Dr. Fauci curb stomping Rand Paul

https://twitter.com/i/status/1308793235805007874

nice looking labs ^^

I've only had a flu shot once and nothing happened, going to get a flu sjot this year fo sure but it sounds like the vaccine is a month away

I qualifyed for the free shot being type 2 so I lined up with lenord & herb a couple of often indigent FN, hard livivng is hard ... they are both dead
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by hutash View Post
    We did flatten the curve, no thanks to you and your freedom fighters, which prevent overburdened hospitals and likely saved thousands of lives. We would be much further along and a more.open economy if it weren't for your type.
    WTF are you talking about with my "type"? Back in March, we were pretty much ALL on board with a temporary shut down, shelter in place, masking, etc." Even me. We were all fine with doing that for a couple weeks. Curve flattened. Well done, everyone. Now that it's almost October? Yeah, it's time to sack up one way or another. Not being anti-mask here. Just saying it's time for people to evaluate their own risks and act in accordance to how you feel comfortable, and simultaneously evaluating how you interact with people around yourself. For starters, how about beginning with our officials and media encouraging people to get outside more (hooray for vitamin D!), exercise more, improve their diets, all in an effort to boost immune systems. That should be pretty non-controversial and a universal win-win.

Quote Originally Posted by hutash View Post
    I have no idea what point you are trying to make with MRSA, but I highly suspect you are wrong (judging by your track record.) We are doing tons of shit to try and deal with MRSA, and fortunately freedom fighters like you aren't aware enough of those efforts to stymie them.
    Uhh, so MRSA required lockdowns, schools shutting down, restaurant closures, etc? Lol, no. Sure. Hospitals have had to do lots to deal with it, but not society at large. Try again. The reason I bring up MRSA is because by studying our healthcare system's response to it, there may be some answers as to how we can also respond to COVID-19 both socially and medically.

I know it felt disheartening, but you evidently took your kids' mental health into the equation and I applaud you for that. Seriously. Like I've been attempting to say, everyone has to make these sorts of calculations for themselves and others. Remember though, it's pretty irrefutable that mental health is inextricably linked to your immune system. Your kids and by proxy your own happiness will help keep you all healthier. Stay healthy, safe, and happy out there, my friend.

Same boat here. One kid playing lax and the other soccer. It has made both so much happier. Older kid, (lax), has repeatedly said all the girls and their parents have given up on physical distancing. 2 of three coaches don’t give a shit. Masks were on the first practice for a talk. Haven’t seen one on since. Lots of hugs, (encouraged in some drills), and shouting in faces. Everyone understood there would be a risk playing. We were ok with it but the clubs basically tossed in the towel on any COVID measures outside of taking temps before practice. Tough spot to parent! So happy for the kids but can’t wait til the season is over.

Headed to SLC for a tourney this wknd. Hoping not to run into the situation you outlined in your post. Seems pretty straight forward. Put mask on. Give people a little space. Watch kids play without shouting the entire time. It outta be interesting.

Airborne transmission requires a lockdown, social distancing, masks, to break the transmission cycle. Something that is spread by contact transmission requires different ppe and protection measures, S. Aureus always lives on your skin, but it gets nasty if you have an open wound. Keeping it out of hospitals is actually a priority. Or is that basic thought process still above your level of comprehension.

But we can play whack a mole with whatever disease you think we should have paid more attention too or is just as bad as COVID-19 in an attempt to rationalize your own selfish behavior. Claiming we all need more compassion while dismissing 200K plus as had it coming to them is something you are going to have to look your own kids in the face and explain why daddy is a failure at life.
    Move upside and let the man go through...

Back in March, we were pretty much ALL on board with a temporary shut down, shelter in place, masking, etc." Even me. We were all fine with doing that for a couple weeks.
    They probably should have specified at the time that this was going to take a whole lot more than a couple week. A couple weeks is nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    They probably should have specified at the time that this was going to take a whole lot more than a couple week. A couple weeks is nothing.
    2 weeks seemed like forever back then.

Uhh, so MRSA required lockdowns, schools shutting down, restaurant closures, etc? Lol, no. Sure. Hospitals have had to do lots to deal with it, but not society at large. Try again. The reason I bring up MRSA is because by studying our healthcare system's response to it, there may be some answers as to how we can also respond to COVID-19 both socially and medically.
    Ooooooh boy.
    Let's give Austin some time to google a few things about MRSA, specifically incidence rate and mode of human-to-human transmission, and give him a chance to edit his posts and get off this line of thinking. He's dug himself a deep enough hole that if we let him continue he'll never climb out.
    "Your wife being mad is temporary, but pow turns do not get unmade" - mallwalker the wise